Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Got a MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz i7 today. Anyone using it with an NS6?

Rob Pointer 10:45 PM - 9 August, 2011
Because that is what I'm going to do. I have high hopes that this will work even though it only has 4 GB of RAM and meets the minimum processing power requirements listed.

I know it is risky but I have hopes for the outcome. I will report back when I get my NS6.

:)
Brian J 11:32 PM - 9 August, 2011
I'm on the fence too. On paper Air's specs should exeed by far itch requirements as the CPU is a second generation core i class processor. Even the 1.7 i5 should easily outperform a 3.0 c2d.. On top of that you have super fast ssd so itch should run with ease. Please do report back!
Rob Pointer 11:34 PM - 9 August, 2011
I definitely will!
Rob Pointer 7:13 PM - 15 August, 2011
got this thing hooked up - so far so damn good.

I'll put it through its paces tonight. But so far - WOWOWOWWOWOW!!!! :)

thank you serato and Numark.
matkinson 12:03 AM - 28 December, 2011
hey rob have you had any problems? Thinking of getting a macbook air
Rob Pointer 2:21 AM - 28 December, 2011
No problems at all. Working solid.

This is also the best laptop I've ever owned.

Fantastic combo.
Brian J 3:56 PM - 30 April, 2012
MBA 13", 1.7Ghz i5 here! Flawless performance with very low cpu hit even with a64 buffer size.. I'm using a vestax/oyaide USB cable though..(IMO along with the Air's SSD make a huge difference in term latency/responsiveness)
StevenWayne 4:22 PM - 1 May, 2012
good info here, thanks. anyone using video with this, just curious
hamplifier 9:14 PM - 1 May, 2012
i was thinking of getting one but didnt think it was high enough specs being 1.7ghz , so they are quad core?
DJPrice_inMD 12:45 PM - 2 May, 2012
Cannot report on the NS6, but I use my wife's Macbook Air as a backup with my NS7fx and it has performed admirably. Only pain is having to use a powered USB hub to handle the NSfx and the external hard drive bc it doesn't have a large onboard drive.