DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Looking for DJs who love to spin Retro Music....

vjMeely 9:40 PM - 8 August, 2011
An Alliance is forming and you can be a part of it.

- Looking for DJs who can produce 10 minute mix sets of old school / retro tracks.
- Only the following genres are being accepted for now: R&B (including Disco & Ballards), HipHop, Reggae, Reggaeton, Soca, Merengue, Pop, Chicago House, Latin House.
- Your mix will be broadcast automatically in rotation 24x7.

Join the crew!!
Send me a direct PM for more information.
vjMeely 3:25 AM - 9 August, 2011
- 70s, 80s, 90s
- brand your mixes with drops. we have a source to make pro drops for you.
StevenWayne 3:53 AM - 9 August, 2011
oh boy
DJWarrenKelly 4:36 PM - 9 August, 2011
Quote:
oh boy

LOL
Dj JesC 11:10 PM - 9 August, 2011
Quote:
oh boy

Steven Wayne said he's all over it.
O.B.1 12:29 AM - 10 August, 2011
what about 60's too?

- and you'd have to actually make it worth my while...

here is a teaser with no drops: soundcloud.com

(but I'd be interested in getting some drops that you say you provide?)
DjFiasCo 7:39 AM - 10 August, 2011
90's Europe Classic House?
DJ.AJ 8:25 PM - 22 August, 2011
How can i get the drops have a couple ready to go. and what is the best lenght / format (bit rate, etc)
vjMeely 6:01 PM - 2 September, 2011
DJ AJ, check your PM
vjMeely 2:39 PM - 5 September, 2011
Here are details for the RetroDjAlliance project:

A.) Goto www.retrodjalliance {dot} com {slash} upload and use the tool at the BOTTOM of the page to upload YOUR 10 MINUTE MIX for review. (.MP3 files only | encoded @ 128 or above bit rate)

B.) Send eMail to info@retrodjalliance.com with your name and filename that you uploaded.

C.) Once the mix is reviewed and accepted, it will be put into rotation at www.retrodjalliance.com and you will be a part of the alliance.

MIX POLICY
==========
1.) Genres accepted right now are top 100 (70s, 80s, 90s era): R&B (including Disco & Ballards), HipHop, Reggae, Reggaeton, Soca, Merengue, Pop, Vocal Chicago & Latin House.

2.) All tracks must be CLEAN versions

3.) Mix does not have to be exactly 10 minutes, but should be close.

4.) Use drops TASTEFULLY in your mix to promote your name. (2 complimentary drops are available only after you are accepted into the alliance)

HINTS
=====
a.) Use higher than 128 bit rate .mp3 encoding to ensure your mix sounds good. (i.e. 160, 192)

b.) Stick to more popular tracks. Top 100 is a wide range, but mixes with more popular tracks will get accepted before those with less popular tracks

c.) If you have no drops, 2 professional drops can be provided that include your DJ name plus the site name, but you will have to submit a demo mix first to get accepted into the alliance before the drops can be created for you.

d.) Smooth transitions help your mix get accepted.

e.) Tag your .mp3 file with whatever TEXT you want to promote you. TITLE & ARTIST are displayed in the feed to listeners.

g.) We have some cool tools to help you help us promote via Facebook.
Boutique Sound 11:49 PM - 5 September, 2011
I'm in, I spin Latin House!!
Boutique Sound 11:52 PM - 5 September, 2011
I should probably ask before I produce a track ... I have alot of remixes of pop latin stuff from the 80's and 90's ... that's what you want right?? Not the newer stuff like alek syntek and belanova?? Just want clarification, I was going to make some latin house remixes of old stuff mixed in with the new as well. Let me know, Thanx!!
Boutique Sound 11:52 PM - 5 September, 2011
I'm in, I spin Latin House!!
dj poisonous handz 1:34 AM - 6 September, 2011
just 2 brothers baby!
vjMeely 7:37 PM - 6 September, 2011
@CasablancaDJ
Mixes of original tracks from the eras mentioned is suggested, not retro tracks remixed to new beats... if thats what you mean.
djaction 7:39 PM - 6 September, 2011
Cool. How much are you paying DJ's for their hardwork and time spent creating mixes for you?
eder 7:49 PM - 6 September, 2011
This sounds a lot like the Magician's Alliance...someone cue up Europe's "Final Countdown" for me.
vjMeely 9:29 PM - 6 September, 2011
@djaction
No ones' getting paid and its completely optional.
Its just an invitation for DJs to contribute to something thats a little different and gain some popularity by social promotion.
djbigboy 10:12 PM - 6 September, 2011
in case no one said anything, thanks VJ Meely for posting...not enough people appreciate the old school!
Dj Ace 8:09 AM - 7 September, 2011
Like this?

m.soundcloud.com
Dj Ace 8:13 AM - 7 September, 2011
Feedback appreciated working on a 10 min version similar to this
DJ.AJ 2:01 PM - 7 September, 2011
vj i got your pm - thanks i'll work on a few and post them.
Dj Ace 5:39 AM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
Like this?

m.soundcloud.com

sorry this wa the wrong link...LOL
soundcloud.com
vjMeely 2:41 AM - 13 September, 2011
Ace, good scratchin' skills.... think popular trax.
Dj Ace 2:48 AM - 13 September, 2011
Most were exept The first two songs right? Ok working on 10 min mix tonight