DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Thoughts on Jaguar Skills?

spirez 8:23 PM - 1 August, 2011
There's no doubt his sets bring the energy but what do people think of his mixing style rather than his track selection?

Watchwww.youtube.com
the_black_one 8:30 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
There's no doubt his sets bring the energy but what do people think of his mixing style rather than his track selection?

Watchwww.youtube.com

that some 30 seconds of my life i could never get back.......horrible
spirez 8:36 PM - 1 August, 2011
Lol it only really gets going at 0:30
the_black_one 8:38 PM - 1 August, 2011
i was gonna say. i see now your in the UK. Clears thing up a bit but it's still horrible just not as bad because of the location
BattleFunk 8:39 PM - 1 August, 2011
nothing wrong with it

he went from 80s throw back to current hit then house classic to dubstep in 4 minutes
BattleFunk 8:41 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
i see now your in the UK. Clears thing up a bit but it's still horrible just not as bad because of the location

cant believe I just read that.
spirez 9:28 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
nothing wrong with it

he went from 80s throw back to current hit then house classic to dubstep in 4 minutes

Do you think he does it well though? Do you think technically he is sound or is it just that he has been in the right place at the right time to get where he is?

I'm getting more into the mashup side of things but this just seems to be a few samples and effects thrown in between tracks then slamming in another big tune. He's part of Radio 1 so that exposure has definitely helped him.

the back one, check out his 30 years of hip hop mix and let me know what you think:

www.mixcloud.com
dj pesh 9:29 PM - 1 August, 2011
He's performed at the club that I DJ at but his set was more urban than the one in the video. He does alot of prework before his sets but his style is different and i like it.
BattleFunk 9:32 PM - 1 August, 2011
Spirez, that's a festival, you wont find anything too technical happening there, just straight up anthem bashing - the mixtapes are multi-tracked, so you cant really compare
DJNickSaunders 9:36 PM - 1 August, 2011
I watched him in Liverpool, and he smashed it. Bit too much Drum n Bass, Dubstep for my liking though. I agree alot of his stuff is pre done, he never touched the pitch faders when I saw him.

Great energy though
Mr. Goodkat 11:32 AM - 2 August, 2011
its like girl talk and funkmaster flex combined to turn into a uk dj. worse than girl talk, marginally better than flex.
Wazo 5:38 PM - 2 August, 2011
i think Jag skills is deadly. tonnes of good shit on his soundcloud.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:26 PM - 2 August, 2011
my jager skills are on POINT i can drink that shit all night son
sixxx 6:28 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
he never touched the pitch faders when I saw him

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
sacrilicious 6:39 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

No big deal. I repitch everything to 130bpm so I can focus on doing more than just beat matching.

(...runs and hides)
Mr. Goodkat 6:44 PM - 2 August, 2011
i heard a 5 minute convo 2 years ago at some low level WMC hotel pool party about whether some dudes with the 5 pm set were gonna play at 125 or 126 bpm. true story.
DJNickSaunders 2:58 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair his set was more of a performance than a club gig, The crowd didnt really notice only the DJ geeks standing at the side of the stage (like me). If smashed it played loads of differant stuff with a heavy dose of Drum and Bass and Dubstep.
The place was bouncing and he was very creative, what more can you ask for?
Mike_P 4:18 PM - 3 August, 2011
I hit stop when the Freddie mercury sex-doll showed up on camera. (nm) hahaha!!!