DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ AM Mode ( anti transpotting mode for 2.3)

djgaetano 4:03 PM - 29 July, 2011
anyone know what short cut keys are used for the DJ Am Mode when using 2.3 or 2.2. I use to be able to do it with 2.1 but doesn't seem to be working with 2.3? I'm sick of people looking into my wallet while I'm mixing
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:04 PM - 29 July, 2011
facepalm.....its not called DJ AM mode, i get so annoyed when people call it that
djgaetano 4:18 PM - 29 July, 2011
I know I said that just in case someone didn't know that it was really called Anit Trainspotting mode lol
DJ Jonasty 4:46 PM - 29 July, 2011
If everybody knows it as dj am mode then why is it not am mode?
Audio1 4:48 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
If everybody knows it as dj am mode then why is it not am mode?
DJ AM MODE is not the term that SERATO came up with.
DJ Alkemy 5:03 PM - 29 July, 2011
TBF he did put anti trainspotting mode in the thread title. I gotta admit, I knew it as AM mode.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:02 PM - 29 July, 2011
Having caps lock on or the "playback keys use shift" can have an effect on if it is working or not.
djgaetano 6:11 PM - 29 July, 2011
Thanks guys
Mr. Goodkat 2:06 AM - 30 July, 2011
if you have to type dj am into the box, its basically dj am mode
grrillatactics 2:10 AM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:

My thoughts on this as well.
Kadilac 3:48 AM - 30 July, 2011
Wow...funny this thread pops up...Tonight this DJ who I (kinda) know...came up and actually started logging all my tracks as I played them!!! I dropped in DJ AM...and he got the point!!!
combo808 4:38 AM - 30 July, 2011
Must be an amateur djs. Real DJ's shazam all your shit.
Mike_P 4:50 AM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

My thoughts on this as well.

this would be relevant if you had to type DJ but you dont. Just type AM and you get the desired result.
Sureshot (PA) 7:42 AM - 30 July, 2011
who cares what it's called?
rlaci 10:24 AM - 30 July, 2011
i rather do not say anything about peoples always arguing about shit here
DJ Remy USA 11:51 AM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:

I'm guilty of this but I don't do it in a club but If I'm out and hear something dope I love whipping out shazaam then I go home and tag the song with a code. I advocate for using shazaam to deepen that library
damehype 1:21 PM - 30 July, 2011
^ +1
djgaetano 1:26 PM - 30 July, 2011
Ok I figured out why I couldn't get it to work. I guess you could call it operator error. I've been using my cdj 2000s since 2.0 / 2.1. I play in internal mode for obvious reasons & you have to have one of the players in rel or abs mode to turn it on/off. Thanks guys.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:17 PM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:
Wow...funny this thread pops up...Tonight this DJ who I (kinda) know...came up and actually started logging all my tracks as I played them!!! I dropped in DJ AM...and he got the point!!!

you dont have to type AM but if you want to use that logic type in DJMBEZZLEAM to activate BEzzle mode :}
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:23 PM - 30 July, 2011
Beezle mode:

How to activate, create a crate called "I suck"
effect, clears the dance floor in a matter of minuets, recommended to be used at he end of the night
djgaetano 3:22 PM - 30 July, 2011
Ok I figured out why I couldn't get it to work. I guess you could call it operator error. I've been using my cdj 2000s since 2.0 / 2.1. I play in internal mode for obvious reasons & you have to have one of the players in rel or abs mode to turn it on/off. Thanks guys.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:53 PM - 30 July, 2011
Ok i've never really had a reason to use this. But lately it seams like people or DJ's or whatever have been hangin over my shoulder alot lookin a little to hard at my laptop, and its been buggin me. How do you activate it exactly??
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:04 PM - 30 July, 2011
in abs or rel mode, click on the bpm and hit "AM" on the keyboard
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 6:15 PM - 30 July, 2011
^^^So you have to do that with with every song you load or does it stay in that mode?
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:48 PM - 30 July, 2011
it stays like that till you turn it off or quit the program,

also could you not have just tested it?
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 6:51 PM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:
it stays like that till you turn it off or quit the program,

I will test it out later.
DJ Alkemy 6:54 PM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:

It was obvious he didnt have access to SSL at the time and just wanted to find out from someone. Just saying.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:03 PM - 30 July, 2011
as that was probably the case but you can never underestimate the lazyness of some people
DJ Alkemy 7:05 PM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:
as that was probably the case but you can never underestimate the lazyness of some people

Lol...Good point
dj garcia 9:28 PM - 30 July, 2011
I like dj Pauly D mode better!
yaeLBrown 12:25 AM - 31 July, 2011
I like how you guys are calling it the AM and Pauly D mode. Thats nice and all but, Jazzy Jeff mode is the best mode of all time.
the_black_one 12:48 AM - 31 July, 2011
DJ i been djing for a wile but im better than you but now i want the program to mix for me mode is EPIC!
Nicky Blunt 1:52 AM - 31 July, 2011
jimmy saville mode is beyond awesome
Papa Midnight 1:56 AM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I'm guilty of this but I don't do it in a club but If I'm out and hear something dope I love whipping out shazaam then I go home and tag the song with a code. I advocate for using shazaam to deepen that library

+1, especially to find out who's doing those remixes you hear.
Crickett 2:07 AM - 1 August, 2011
I prefer "David Guetta" (DG) mode... Someone does all the mixing for me and i still get paid for it.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:40 AM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:

LOL - did that at a gig tonight.....
jbnyc 4:16 AM - 1 August, 2011
i find it funny (and in some sort of offensive) when one of my friends ALWAYS activate it when me or any of my friends is around,specially when he's always asking me for tracks!! lol
Nicky Blunt 7:51 AM - 1 August, 2011
I use it around dj friends all the time, not so much as to hide the tracks, but more so to keep the surprise, if someone asked id be more than happy to tell. Just means until i start to tease it no one will know what it is.

Hope u understand what i mean.
jbnyc 3:08 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
I use it around dj friends all the time, not so much as to hide the tracks, but more so to keep the surprise, if someone asked id be more than happy to tell. Just means until i start to tease it no one will know what it is.

Hope u understand what i mean.

I do...
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:51 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Lol...Good point

Um yeah I happened to be at work at the time.
MADLOGIC the Selectah 12:09 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1
Dj JesC 7:47 PM - 3 August, 2011
im a hipster, i use soundhound...AM mode, I call that snapper mode. They can look at my screen all they want. Must of the stuff they want are my edits.
the_black_one 11:11 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
im a hipster, i use soundhound...AM mode, I call that snapper mode. They can look at my screen all they want. Must of the stuff they want are my edits.

cool story bro!
jbnyc 11:40 PM - 3 August, 2011
Lol
DJ EZSMOOTH 12:52 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

Lmfao...
fcprod1 1:03 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

Lmfao...

www.icanhasinternets.com
Dj JesC 3:14 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

sarcasm doesn't comes across too well on these boards.
jbnyc 3:24 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

neither does cockyness.. just sayin...
Dj JesC 3:30 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

it was trying to sound like every dj i meet in the club no in days.
jbnyc 4:37 AM - 4 August, 2011
LOL
the_black_one 4:39 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

loosen up a bit, like those headphones around your neck in your avatar. It may cause brain damage
DJ Remy USA 11:36 AM - 4 August, 2011
^^^^^^^ shots fired
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:23 PM - 4 August, 2011
Back in the day we used to black out record labels so no one could bite our breakbeats, or know the hot songs we had to dig for. It was a thing of vanity & pride. Now a days there is no crate digging. Just click and download.

What exactly are we acccomplishing by doing this? Keeping information about music away from potential buyers. You are doing the artists no favor by being secrative about their music. Without them there is no us.

Share the music not your arrogance.
2Seven 12:29 PM - 4 August, 2011
DJ Val-BKNY11203, are you not just contradicting yourself?
Nicky Blunt 12:29 PM - 4 August, 2011
There are a few different reasons to do this. Not all of us are so worried about the next guy stealing our playlist! Just check above for one of them!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:30 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

loosen up a bit, like those headphones around your neck in your avatar. It may cause brain damage

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!1
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:48 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
DJ Val-BKNY11203, are you not just contradicting yourself?

Note...I said back in the day. I've smartened up quite a bit as a DJ since I was a young teen in the game. I realized that there was more to being a DJ than just my ego.

The more music people know about, the more DJs can play it, the more people can party to it, and the more artists can get paid. We as DJs are just a spoke in the wheel in the music game. Without the other oarts we are nothing.
dj garcia 1:58 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cool story bro!

Hahahaha The Misc is in this motha fucka!!!!!!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:59 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
There are a few different reasons to do this. Not all of us are so worried about the next guy stealing our playlist! Just check above for one of them!

I read what you wrote earlier. And that's all ego bruh...and there is nothing wrong with thatif that's how you roll.

I'm pretty tight with 3 legendary hip hop DJs who use Serato. And they get asked by young bucks all the time about why they don't use AM mode. They all say the same thing. If they keep the music a secret, how is the new breed of DJ going to keep the music & the DJ alive.
2Seven 2:14 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
how is the new breed of DJ going to keep the music & the DJ alive.

By paying their dues and getting to the legendary status the same way that your homies did.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:30 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
how is the new breed of DJ going to keep the music & the DJ alive.

By paying their dues and getting to the legendary status the same way that your homies did.

i think you missed the point of what they were saying, in other words everyone here bitched about people just wanting to hear drake and lil wayne, but how can you bitch that people just want to hear the same shit over and over again then when they inqquire qbout something new, keep that info from them
2Seven 2:38 PM - 4 August, 2011
My bad bezzle...I run a script that doesn't show posts where drake and lil wayne are mentioned. I've built in a bezzle exception into that script cos you're posts are the bomb.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:41 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
My bad bezzle...I run a script that doesn't show posts where drake and lil wayne are mentioned. I've built in a bezzle exception into that script cos you're posts are the bomb.

lmfao!!!!!!!!!1
jbnyc 2:59 PM - 4 August, 2011
Lol
Kadilac 4:14 PM - 4 August, 2011
In my case...this guy was logging EVERY single track...I felt disrespected and annoyed!!
He didn't ask or try to be discrete...he basically set up camp next to my Mac and started
typing at his phone...what really pisses me off is that this dude is supposed to be a FULL time
PROFESSIONAL DJ...I'm in the military first..dj second...

So we are to allow cats to pillage our library...for the good of the ARTISTS?!?
Where do you draw the line? Should I just clone my HD for him?
Would he still have enough music knowledge to know what to play and when?

I understand that this potentially could help break a record...
but there are few things that separate dj's nowadays...
but the countless hours I spend building my library and crates
to mix are one of them...
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:18 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
So we are to allow cats to pillage our library......

i dont see how hes pillaging your library, he still has to go back and find these tracks and he still has to know how to play it and when to play it and on your side you should always be evolving your set so unless he coems to ALL of your gigs you should always sound different from him anyway
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:23 PM - 4 August, 2011
Your skill set not your library is what makes you a DJ. The music is out there, its what you are able to do with it that stands out. Everybody can buy a new Kanye song. Its how you cut, scratch,mix, and make it your bitch that will be noticed.
DJ Alkemy 5:23 PM - 4 August, 2011
I still dont like people looking through my tunes. It just annoys me how lazy and bone idle some DJ's are.
Papa Midnight 5:47 PM - 4 August, 2011
I just don't personally like when people - especially the younger crowd - try to come behind your setup and see what you have cued up next. I don't mind telling you what's playing, but remember that these are the same robots who want nothing but Lil' Wayne and won't disappear till they see it cued. Well, if they're going to stand there and wait to see Lil' Wayne move to a deck, then they're going to stand there for a long time.
SiRocket 6:22 PM - 4 August, 2011
i put in time for my joints.... the guys that sit there trying to make a playlist out of your list, by typing everything into his iphone notes, are what i have a problem with... Then you see them trying to squeeze an opening set the following week or some other time at your gig. I have trust and an established relationship with some of the companies and venues that i have played with for over a year or more (which is rare sometimes atleast in LA)... So i don't worry much, but when homie is opening and playing my opening set song to song, i at least feel like i did something right, but at the same time shame on him for no creativity.

And double shame, for not knowing what those oldschool cuts were from the minute i dropped them! :p
Dj JesC 8:21 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:

Quote:
^^^^^^^ shots fired

I'll do my best, and I do have brain damage & hearing lose, due to my military service. Want talk sh!t about that too?
CoknI09173 4:20 PM - 2 April, 2013
Quote:

Still not working for me. I thought maybe it doesn't work with the new update, but a friend of mine it still does. IDK. Guess I won't trip
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:13 PM - 2 April, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Still not working for me. I thought maybe it doesn't work with the new update, but a friend of mine it still does. IDK. Guess I won't trip

Click the BPM at the top/deck window near song playing - not in the library list of songs
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:27 PM - 2 April, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Click the BPM at the top/deck window near song playing - not in the library list of songs

Also make sure your librarys analysed.....oh and this dosent work with top 40 lol
Laz219 10:05 PM - 2 April, 2013
I'm pretty sure it's also affected by 'playback keys use shift' I can't remember whether it's supposed to be off or on.