Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

No sound output using aux cables.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1 +
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Cambesa 8:27 PM - 27 July, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.8.0
Hardware: pioneer-ddj-s1||no-fx-controller
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

There doesn't seem to be an output from the AUX-out, I connected a (tested & working) cable to the AUX output and into my receiver and I don't hear anything. The receiver settings are good, I can't find a switch for changing the output from XLR to AUX too. Are there any other options I have to make the AUX out (master out 2) work? Thanks
Cambesa 12:45 AM - 28 July, 2011
I tested the cable with my mp3 player on the receiver and it worked. I tested the mic in at the soundcard in my pc with that same mp3 player and it works too (aka, I hear the music through my speakers).
So the aux cable is working, and the mic input is working, but there is no sound when I play a song. Where is the setting that changes the output from XLR to AUX? Since I think either that is the problem, or the output is broken. Or I'm missing something very important. I also changed the db switch at the back-end of the DDJ-S1 from noone to -6db to -12db, no sound at all.

On the S1, trim is set on the middle, there is volume seen with the lights and I hear it through my headphones. Master is also set to the middle. In itch on the record place I also see the lights displaying there is sound. But there's still nothing on the AUX out.

I hope someone can tell me what I'm missing or confirm the output is broken. Thanks.
Cambesa 2:33 PM - 28 July, 2011
The output has a lot of names, RCA, AUX, Cinch, Tulip. So just for clarity, I'm talking about the "Master Out 2" where isn't any sound transported through, is there a switch to change the output from XLR to AUX or is the DDJ-S1 broken or am I missing someting else? Both mics switches are off, tested with the front switch called "mic/aux thru" both ON and OFF, master volume on max, trim both min and max since I don't yet know wheter it cuts the sound or enlarges the volume. From my headphones when the headphones button is rotated clockwise to: MASTER, I hear the music. I've seen a video on the internet where a DJ only uses the RCA/AUX out so it must be possible, I've also seen a DJ using both XLR and RCA/AUX. So, what can possibly cause it else? For more information, I just bought the DDJ-S1 the day before yesterday and the sound output never worked. Cable is tested and works, pc input is tested and works so I'm sure it is somewhere in the DDJ-S1 or in ITCH. Any help very much appreciated!
Cambesa 8:19 PM - 28 July, 2011
I read other topics about this problem, uninstalled the drivers and software, reinstalled the way the manual explains, also uninstalled it, reinstalled ITCH first, after that connecting the DDJ-S1 and windows installed the driver itself.

Still no luck
Cambesa 8:22 PM - 28 July, 2011
Does anyone has a stand alone driver for me? I can't find software for the DDJ-S1 on the pioneer site.
Cambesa 9:27 PM - 28 July, 2011
The Pioneer site doesn't have a firmware download for the S1 anymore I think. I've read that inside that firmware download there is an ASIO driver.
Cambesa 11:24 PM - 28 July, 2011
Okay, I seem to have fixed it by changing the Pioneer DDJ-S1 at audio devices to default and then changing the mic in as default. There is a slight bleep hearable when I don't play anything and the latency is half a beat when playing a 150bpm song so thats like 0.2 seconds. I'd rather have no latency at all but I have no choice and my headphones still have the right rythm so I think its good enough. The cable I use from the DDJ-S1 to my pc is 5m but I think the latency is caused by running the sound through the pc soundcard again.