Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sync Request: Serato Please Read This

jmims 11:05 PM - 20 July, 2011
I love the new Itch look, feel, Etc but one thing bothers me and plenty of others.
The new Sync, Don't get me wrong I have no problem using it and the accuracy it
has now is 1000% better than any other version but don't you think it would be easier
to allow for just one click on a deck to set master for both and one click to remove
master instead of having to click both to set sync and then shift+sync to remove?

Please think about this before the final release.. I believe others will chim in on this...

PS. Keep up the excellent work. Myself as well as others are loving 2.0
jmims 11:55 PM - 20 July, 2011
Also I forgot, on the NS7 once Sync is locked in order for BPM to be set on the incoming deck, the play button must be pressed which is annoying. This limits the user from playing a track just from a cue for a quick hit.
DJ_Esco 4:02 AM - 3 August, 2011
I second DJ Cerla and jmims on this.
Fix Required for NS7 and other 2 deck systems affected.

Also is anyone having issues in 2.0 "Zeroing Pitch to 0%"
each time I load another track on any deck I seem to loose my zero pitch shift setting. This is bugging me out after painstakingly set previously pitch to zero (white led indicating 0% is established, then I load another track and POOF!!! its gone..... ekkkkkkkkkkk! I hate to be anal but it buggs the Sh---- out of me. Am I doing something wrong here on 2.0 or is it 2.0 with my NS7 ?

Feel free to call with any feedback.

DJ Esco
(832)798-0000
DjCrAcKeD 6:17 AM - 3 August, 2011
I Agree! Please go back to Simple Sync.. The new Sync slows me down on quick mixing/live remixing and can be fustrating at times. please look into this!
djallstyle 7:32 AM - 3 August, 2011
+1
hamplifier 8:17 AM - 3 August, 2011
+1 or at least have the option of choosing what style of sync you want from the setup menu
seratosnatch 8:30 AM - 3 August, 2011
+1 on prefs choice!
djcerla 10:12 AM - 3 August, 2011
jmims 4:23 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:

Esco as we spoke about, try this recalibration of the ns7 first

Part 1: Watchwww.youtube.com
Part 2: Watchwww.youtube.com

This video isn't me but I followed instructions as is when I needed recalibrations.
If that doesn't fix the problem reinstall software, 3rd report bug..
DjTitoDotCom 3:18 AM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:
I second DJ Cerla and jmims on this.
Fix Required for NS7 and other 2 deck systems affected.

each time I load another track on any deck I seem to loose my zero pitch shift setting. This is bugging me out after painstakingly set previously pitch to zero (white led indicating 0% is established, then I load another track and POOF!!! its gone..... ekkkkkkkkkkk! I hate to be anal but it buggs the Sh---- out of me. Am I doing something wrong here on 2.0 or is it 2.0 with my NS7 ?

Feel free to call with any feedback.

DJ Esco
(832)798-0000

+1
I recently got the NS7 before 2.0 and just as I got used to it, this whole synch mess has thrown me off... I switched from turntables, and while the previous version was an easy transition to ns7 and itch, 2.0 is not turntable dj friendly given the level of difficulty in removing the synch feature which can F-up your whole mix. I dont know if its just me, but we NEEEEEEEEEED a video showing us exactly how to use this feature.
DJ_Esco 8:54 AM - 15 August, 2011
+1
Once I confirm a definite fix I can post a vid and add a youtube link.