Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH 2.0 feature request: "simple SYNC" option

djcerla 10:50 PM - 20 July, 2011
The new 2.0 SYNC is great and allows for a rational and streamlined management of "multitrack" mixes (for example, 3 decks and a synced sampler track on a NS6).

However, users of motorized platters controllers (NS7, V7) may find that the new method (both beatgrid-SYNC and autotempo) is a step back in usability, speed compared to 1.5/1.7.

I think the typical, average user of such controllers is more interested in a very quick method to sync, say, an acappella on the fly than the current, more "organic" but less intuitive, methods.

To make things worse, the very nature of these controllers (motorized platters) brings problems of wow&flutter that undermine the most important SYNC feature: to keep tracks actually hard-synced. The user ends up having to push SYNC button several times for a single mix.

This leads me to ask for a "simple SYNC" setup option that allows for simple syncing on 2 decks controllers when beatgrids are disabled. I think this will greatly appreciated and used by the vast majority of the NS7, V7 users.
jmims 11:11 PM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
The new 2.0 SYNC is great and allows for a rational and streamlined management of "multitrack" mixes (for example, 3 decks and a synced sampler track on a NS6).

However, users of motorized platters controllers (NS7, V7) may find that the new method (both beatgrid-SYNC and autotempo) is a step back in usability, speed compared to 1.5/1.7.
are disabled. I think this will greatly appreciated and used by the vast majority of the NS7, V7 users.

djcerla I think we put this up at the same time....serato.com
This is a needed change....
goodguy 12:17 AM - 21 July, 2011
Interesting cerla, I think this is what I've been trying to get at with serato.com

I guess I saw three ideal levels of sync:
1. Just set the BPMs the same (something we all do manually with CDJs)
2. Do 1 AND "line-up" tracks to the nearest beat/transient/whatever (no beatgrids, no ongoing lock, just a quick line up)
3. Proper beatgridded ongoing lock

As I understand it (as an Itch outsider until that Twitch goes on sale!) option 2 isn't currently available in Itch - although I swear it was when I played with a VCI300 a couple of years back!
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 2:33 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:

I think the typical, average user of such controllers is more interested in a very quick method to sync, say, an acappella on the fly than the current, more "organic" but less intuitive, methods.

To make things worse, the very nature of these controllers (motorized platters) brings problems of wow&flutter that undermine the most important SYNC feature: to keep tracks actually hard-synced. The user ends up having to push SYNC button several times for a single mix.

This leads me to ask for a "simple SYNC" setup option that allows for simple syncing on 2 decks controllers when beatgrids are disabled. I think this will greatly appreciated and used by the vast majority of the NS7, V7 users.

+1 ...I just got done with a 3 hour set bug free smooth sailing with 2.0 but the sync for ns7 is kinda of a step back but... not really.... i think it puts the Driver back in the seat but at the same time software progression wise its going backwards.I turned beat grid OFF after 6 mins, it was inaccurate and just mad a mess of my mix i just use the "sync mode" both decks(mostly on) its kinda tricky to get but i got it after a while not solid, but after reading Cerals post instead of hitting sync i just rode the shit out of pitch bend ....kind cool felt way more in control but ..... i agree with the simple sync" excuse me if i seem no to clear but im kinda drunk so..... ya "simple sync"
Handikap 2:59 AM - 21 July, 2011
I sort of feel that the explanation as to why you would use the 2 sync modes is backwards IMO. Smart Sync(beatgrids on) should be used by DJ's who want to mix unquantized music(human played instruments) along with quantized music(electronic, hip hop, anything made with a sequencer). The only problem is editing beatgrids correctly. I got real excited when I saw the "set beatgrids" checkbox in the offline analyzer but after dragging an unquantized track onto the analyze button, the beatgrids were still not correct. I thought it was too good to be true, so I am still a little unclear on what that checkbox means.

Two quantized tracks being mixed in auto tempo mode should never slip out of sync if the bpms are exactly the same (and analyzed correctly down to at least the hundredth of a bpm) with an NS6 where this no wow & flutter. No matter how "on" i have a mix going on my NS7, I still have to compensate with pitch bend eventually due to the combination of wow & flutter and miscalculated bpm's.

To do your simple sync thing, Cerla, I think Itch would have to write some code so when in auto tempo mode(beatgrids disabled) itch could quickly line up nearest transients by tapping sync. Otherwise, you'd have to stick with the old pitch bend buttons. Let's not forget what Serato was initially all about....keeping the artform of DJing alive in this digital world.

Also, Cerla, I didn't have as much sync drifting as you had in Smart Sync mode. Maybe the quartz in our NS7''s are of different quality...????

All this being said, I love 2.0. The possibilities and creativity are endless. My first run was tonight and all I can say is NO DROPOUTS(yay!) with the latency at 1ms. Effects are the same, although some have stated they are "quieter", but yes, they still need work on parameter control. Waveforms are still jittery on my Mac as they scroll. SP6 is cool as long as you don't load an airhorn sample into it. Night and day views are awesome. Haven't tried album art views(never have in the past). Color scheme is fine except for loop number box needs a more contrasting font color.....

More testing to do.....
SOULKHITECT 3:10 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:

To do your simple sync thing, Cerla, I think Itch would have to write some code so when in auto tempo mode(beatgrids disabled) itch could quickly line up nearest transients by tapping sync. Otherwise, you'd have to stick with the old pitch bend buttons. Let's not forget what Serato was initially all about....keeping the artform of DJing alive in this digital world.
Quote:

I agree with you ENTIRE post but this jumped out tat me you spelled it out way better than me .. but you hit it head on i felt i lil more creative i found my self getting more touchy feely with the FX and i kinda like riding the pitch bend but i know i will get tired of smashing them.. even more so at gigs in clubs. beats grids for me are useless i feel like if it took me 29 hours to analyze my libary the dand beat grids should be on point but there not and im cool with that i know that, everything cant fall into place but.. i did not want to mess with editing beat grids after they have been established.
J-Love 6:20 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:

+1
1.5 seemed to have the most stable "simple sync"

option please
zaguama 12:56 PM - 21 July, 2011
i've never used the sync button, i have an ns7, not sure if all the controllers have the same indicator in the middle that lights white when your tracks are set at the same bpm but i've gotten used to just quickly adjust my pitch sliders until that thing turns white and there i go, the rest is just pitch bending. So i decided to give it a go with all this sync talk and it was very confusing, the blue, the yellow, then shift sync to turn it off, teh relative, the absolute, wow when this turned rocket science like traktor all of the sudden :(.

I'm the type of guy that cant pull out the morse code easter egg so if that makes sense :P
marcA 3:03 PM - 21 July, 2011
but pointless in beatgrid world :(
zanzibar1 11:03 PM - 21 July, 2011
I only ever used the old sync function to auto match the bpms and I'll be honest I barely understand the new sync function... could some one please explain something to me?

To get my tracks synced AND staying locked on beat I need to turn beatgrids on, and make sure I have accurate beat grids. Then when I hit sync, the track will snap to the nearest beat and while they play they will stay locked. Is that right?

Now say I want to sync the sp6 and keep it locked on beat. I've clicked the smart sync button on the sp6, I have two tracks that are beatgridded. How do I know which track the sample is syncing to? What if I just want to sync it to one track?

Also I assume you can't sync (never mind keeping it locked on) the sample without using beatgrids and tapping sync on the controller?

I agree that sync looks like it offers a lot of possibilites for very creative mixes with old school tracks and quantized new tracks, but I would like it to me a bit simpler - I like things that are obvious :P

BTW I have an NS7 and thanks for the help in advance!
DJ Fez 3:36 AM - 22 July, 2011
I have only used 2.0 twice, for like an hour each, but the sync not snapping to grid like it used to with the xone dx is annoying so far. guess its time to read the manual
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:07 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
haha Boohooo listen to you guys what ever happened to learning how to beatmix the oldschool way with your EARS my gosh you guys complain when the sync function doesn't work properly I think it works better on the new version of Itch than the other 2, I hardly use the sync button because I do not want to lose my ability to beatmix, also you get the odd tracks that do not sync and the white light on the NS7 is useless so you have to use your skills that made you a DJ in the first place, I feel sorry for all the new DJ's that solely rely on the sync function of a software, I also don't consider you guys as real DJ's!!

Get it into your heads Serato designs their products for DJs not for Noobs that buys an NS7 or an NS6 overnight, downloads tracks of the internet and then calls them selves DJ's!!

I personally think Serato Still wants the user to work, not stick your decks on sync and stand there looking like you know how to beatmix f##k that I've spent my DJ years learning how to beatmix and I do it very well, better than any sync function on the market.

Get over your self - look man technology is progressing don't come up in here knock cats for using a product feature - its like your one of those old grandmas from back in the day that had the long ass telephone cord, instead of getting a cordless phone. I never post negatively on this broad but ... there is a first time for everything.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:20 PM - 22 July, 2011
Ok...... I know how to mix, ive been in production for 7 years before a jumped back on some decks, i choose the ns7. YOU where a noob once as well homie - don't knock cats for trying to spread love and the groove thru sound you sound like an unappreciated scholar and i feel sorry for you! keep you bad vibes off the board
DJdaveZ 9:21 PM - 22 July, 2011
It's all about the music .
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:22 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
It's all about the music .

WORD UP!!!
DJdaveZ 9:28 PM - 22 July, 2011
that being said....... you do have to look like you are working to be taken seriously... no matter how the music is actually manipulated, you have to look busy (while playing good tracks of course).

i was tending bar last night at my local pub, where i dj sometime too... we had a DJ in who was on NS7+fx and he was so lame for the first hour or more... running on continuous mode on one deck, just running down a crate. and sitting in a chair while doing so... he ended up amping it up later on in the night, but his skills just were sooooo lacking. mostly he was tweaking knobs for FX and EQ. It was sad to watch, because i tend to mix more songs together, in key, beatmatched (of course), and more rapidly... he had a couple good remixes, but his skills just were not there.

it made me sad to see the equipment used in such a way to give us ITCH people a bad image.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:38 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
that being said....... you do have to look like you are working to be taken seriously... no matter how the music is actually manipulated, you have to look busy (while playing good tracks of course).

i was tending bar last night at my local pub, where i dj sometime too... we had a DJ in who was on NS7+fx and he was so lame for the first hour or more... running on continuous mode on one deck, just running down a crate. and sitting in a chair while doing so... he ended up amping it up later on in the night, but his skills just were sooooo lacking. mostly he was tweaking knobs for FX and EQ. It was sad to watch, because i tend to mix more songs together, in key, beatmatched (of course), and more rapidly... he had a couple good remixes, but his skills just were not there.

it made me sad to see the equipment used in such a way to give us ITCH people a bad image.

i MOS DEF AGREE WITH YOU and I Partially agree with SYNDIC8 - you should look like your working and not sitting on your ass but a DJ is more than a dude hunched over to 1200's you have to have a personality and know how to control your crowd ..so if your not hunched over sliding pitch you should be grooving with your product and looking like your having a good time - if you look like a lame that the perception your gonna give off!
DJdaveZ 9:43 PM - 22 July, 2011
dude go over to the general DJ discussion forum... they SSL guys bash ITCH guys left and right... even if we dont even use sync... i dont (as of now, who knows with the future of itch with ableton integration and with the sampler, it might be beneficial to...)

but anyway, everyone has their own idea of what a DJ should be...
traditional turntablists say you should carry around vinyl,
some SSL guys say you should have turntables even with computer aide and even CDJs are bad
the other SSL guys using CDJs say that controller users arent real DJs
then you have us Itch guys that dont use sync, saying sync is the devil...
then you have itch guys that use sync and some are weak but some are using it to its full potential and are better than MOST of the rest...
then you have DJs using mixmeister or VDJ, automixing for you... depending on the venue... that might be OK, if the person is playing the right music.

in the end... its all about the music, and reading the crowd. use whatever tools make you do the best job you can.
DJdaveZ 9:44 PM - 22 July, 2011
just to add....... some of the SSL guys are so ignorant they think itch is all about sync and some think it mixes for you... its just nuts!
DJdaveZ 9:45 PM - 22 July, 2011
and sorry this thread got so far off the path............ i dont even know how it got this far away... OH yeah... someone hating on sync. ha!
djcerla 9:51 PM - 22 July, 2011
WAY OFF TOPIC

This is a specific feature request, not a space for arguing about SYNC or no SYNC.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:54 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
WAY OFF TOPIC

This is a specific feature request, not a space for arguing about SYNC or no SYNC.

TRUE STATEMENT!
djkaybee 12:55 AM - 3 August, 2011
The bottom line is the NS7 was designed for serato itch and all the features that were put onto the machine were carefully thought out and have particular uses. I just dont understand why they took a step back and took the functionality away from a button to do what it was design to do. Its like buying a car and the dealer tells you all the functions of each button of the interior and you drive off the lot and you go to roll down your windows and the button doesn't work what kind of craziness is that.

But at the end of the day this is what we have to work with so i have no problem rolling my selves up and beatmixing my tracks using the pitch slider like i ve been doing for years.
SOULKHITECT 1:08 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
The bottom line is the NS7 was designed for serato itch and all the features that were put onto the machine were carefully thought out and have particular uses. I just dont understand why they took a step back and took the functionality away from a button to do what it was design to do. Its like buying a car and the dealer tells you all the functions of each button of the interior and you drive off the lot and you go to roll down your windows and the button doesn't work what kind of craziness is that.

But at the end of the day this is what we have to work with so i have no problem rolling my selves up and beatmixing my tracks using the pitch slider like i ve been doing for years.

yea i feel the same way... but it does put the DJ back in ultimate control i think
djcerla 2:35 AM - 3 August, 2011
Hi guys, looks like simple sync is coming, hold tight!
DJ Grand K 2:50 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:

Where did Serato mention this?
jmims 2:51 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:

cerla tell us it's coming back.........
djcerla 3:08 AM - 3 August, 2011
Enjoy.

Quote:
Hey guys,

we are listening to your feedback & we are going to make it possible to use sync the way some of you want to. We are doing this in 2.1 as it's to risky for 2.0. We want to have a quick turnaround for 2.1 so we would like to get that into beta very soon. If you don't like 2.0 sync but you need to use sync, I would recommend continuing to use 1.7.1 if that works for you, at least until 2.1 is made available.

Thanks guys,
Zeb.
DJ Grand K 3:29 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Enjoy.

Quote:
Hey guys,

we are listening to your feedback & we are going to make it possible to use sync the way some of you want to. We are doing this in 2.1 as it's to risky for 2.0. We want to have a quick turnaround for 2.1 so we would like to get that into beta very soon. If you don't like 2.0 sync but you need to use sync, I would recommend continuing to use 1.7.1 if that works for you, at least until 2.1 is made available.

Thanks guys,

Zeb.

Sick bro. Thanks.
jmims 3:48 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
we are listening to your feedback & we are going to make it possible to use sync the way some of you want to. We are doing this in 2.1 as it's to risky for 2.0.
Thanks guys,

Zeb.

+1
Very Cool
DjCrAcKeD 6:25 AM - 3 August, 2011
Not liking the new sync system at all! im using the Vci-300 so im running only two decks and this new sync system slows me down on my quick mixing/live remixing. I think its something that needs to be re-evaluated
djcerla 9:54 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
I kinda like the new sync function at least you can adjust + & - while its in sync with the older tracks I say dont change it too much:)

They won't "change" it at all. It's more like *adding* an option.
dj-nice 1:59 PM - 3 August, 2011
dont need full Sync behavour as one and only Sync.

For me, i only missed the very simple feature to sync only the BPMs on demand. Load track and press Button to set the BPM from playing Song.

Working similar must deaktivate the beat grid. I dont want to do that. The grids a very (visual) usefull to set loops and cues quickly on the right place on the first beat. Without grid you have to count an spent much more time
rsowen 3:16 PM - 4 August, 2011
+1 to simple sync. Using an ns7 and glad to hear it's an upcoming option in 2.1
carl-v 5:37 PM - 4 August, 2011
When beatgrid is turned on and i sync a track that is lets say 107 bpm to a track that is 105 bpm, the track "locks" at 105 bpm's how can I get that track back to 107 bpm's? this is very annoying please help me out :)
carl-v 5:26 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
When beatgrid is turned on and i sync a track that is lets say 107 bpm to a track that is 105 bpm, the track "locks" at 105 bpm's how can I get that track back to 107 bpm's? this is very annoying please help me out :)

shift+sync

Thanx for the tip, but this shortcut only disables the sync function, the track is still "locket" at 105 bpm's and the only way I can get it back to 107 is to use the pitch slides. From my point of view thats very inconvenient, is there another way similar to the way in earlier versions of itch to get the original bpm back?

I came from 1.5 str8 to 2.0 and as we all know in that version in was as simple as hitting the sync button one or two times to get the pitch you wanted.

Thanx for any help, I have two gigs this weekend and don't wish to step back in time and start to use my pitsh slides :) oh btw, I uses a VCI-300

Have a nice day!
/Carl
carl-v 6:52 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Thanx for the tip, but this shortcut only disables the sync function, the track is still "locket" at 105 bpm's and the only way I can get it back to 107 is to use the pitch slides. From my point of view thats very inconvenient, is there another way similar to the way in earlier versions of itch to get the original bpm back?

I came from 1.5 str8 to 2.0 and as we all know in that version in was as simple as hitting the sync button one or two times to get the pitch you wanted.

Thanx for any help, I have two gigs this weekend and don't wish to step back in time and start to use my pitsh slides :) oh btw, I uses a VCI-300

Have a nice day!
/Carl

you have to manually drag the pitch slider up to 107bpm theres no auto function like Virtual DJ

Okey, thanx then i know, funny that the serato team diden't bother to stick to the original function of the controllers sync button.

Peace!
AlekNS7 8:16 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with Carl, when I hit SHIFT+SYNC it is to be expected that the track goes in SYNC OFF, but also should reset to original BPM, or am I wrong?

Alek
carl-v 9:09 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with Carl, when I hit SHIFT+SYNC it is to be expected that the track goes in SYNC OFF, but also should reset to original BPM, or am I wrong?

Alek

1+
djbagz 9:55 AM - 5 August, 2011
i liked the sync function,it was easy lmfao..anyways with out it just use the white light as a guide if you can beat mix.....loving itch 2.0 thaxxx serato....just gotta figure out how to use this dang sampler correctly haha
carl-v 1:53 PM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
I found out about the sync function the hard way tonite deck 2 was playing at 97bpm
I pushed tempo lock on deck 1 which was 88bpm
then I pushed sync on deck 2 and the song started to slow down to 88bpm
it startled me because i wasn't expecting that
I pushed sync off and nothing happened its confusing I'm a have to learn this new sync so it does mess me up at a live gig like it did tonite

good news is the sound is fatter bassier
AND NO MORE USB DROPOUTS :)

Thats the issue that I am fearing for tonight's gig, so I may just disable beat grid and auto tempo and just stick to manually pitching the trax into wished bpm.

I don't know if its just me but this new sync doesn't make any sense to me it is just not as easy to use as it was before.
ldc1129 3:20 AM - 6 August, 2011
+1.....new SYNC is horrible!!! Definately want it to go back to the way it worked in 1.7!!!
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 8:05 AM - 6 August, 2011
Quote:
I found out about the sync function the hard way tonite deck 2 was playing at 97bpm

I pushed tempo lock on deck 1 which was 88bpm

then I pushed sync on deck 2 and the song started to slow down to 88bpm

it startled me because i wasn't expecting that

I pushed sync off and nothing happened its confusing I'm a have to learn this new sync so it does mess me up at a live gig like it did tonite

good news is the sound is fatter bassier

AND NO MORE USB DROPOUTS :)
hey syn if u remenber when the beta was out this situation exactly was why i complained about the sync its not that fact that its broke its the fact that in situations like that u cant just reset the bpm now i hope u see y i said it to begin with it will be fixed in 2.1 so hold tight
carl-v 10:18 AM - 6 August, 2011
I used 2.0 last night without any sync function, just sliding the pitch slides back and forth, it worked but it slows me down a bit.

The main reason why I use 2.0 is the sampler that is great! but I also have installed 1.5 as a back up.

As a matter of fact if serato don't let us have the "old" sync function as an option I wont even bother to buy a new controller, since this function is essential to my mixing style and an essential feature of the ITCH concept witch is to give dj's new kind of control. With this new sync I simply feel out of control.

Peace!
DJ Syn 13 2:04 PM - 6 August, 2011
I installed 2.0 yesterday and did my 4 hour gig last night. As far as I'm concerned the Sync feature doesnt work at all. Afterwords i reinstalled 1.7.1. Works perfectly. If this doesnt get fixed, I wont use 2.0. I can't even tell that it does any thing in any way at all. Just seems like a bug.
carl-v 2:36 PM - 6 August, 2011
Quote:
I installed 2.0 yesterday and did my 4 hour gig last night. As far as I'm concerned the Sync feature doesnt work at all. Afterwords i reinstalled 1.7.1. Works perfectly. If this doesnt get fixed, I wont use 2.0. I can't even tell that it does any thing in any way at all. Just seems like a bug.

+1!
DJ Donricky 3:39 AM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:

I feel the same way! and have notice that now when you use the scroll button it always goes all the way back to the top! with the previous version if i searched then selected a song and then scrolled, it would go to the next one after the one i selected. now it goes all the way back to the top and makes it so you lose the general area you were in.

Please help me on how to install 1.7.1 because 2.0 is a huge mess!
seratosnatch 7:16 AM - 7 August, 2011
Maybe they should make a video on the new sync and explain it that way.
Djdacari 2:41 PM - 7 August, 2011
Well...I installed 2.0 on my backup lappy...and thank God I did not install it on my primary....Ok..I hear the "DJ's" that say you are not a DJ if you can't beat match without sync....all fine...but....the new sync does slow me down....soooo..I hope the simple sync function is returned in 2.1...and sooon...peace
seratosnatch 2:52 PM - 7 August, 2011
I am not into the new sync at all. I see it really annoying.. I find sync should be like in Ableton live..all syncs like it should. if sync is off, then manually do it..
DJ Syn 13 3:04 PM - 7 August, 2011
Back with 1.7.1 last night and all was fine! Remember the golden rule. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I will be on the lookout for 2.0 to fix this issue. If you want to add a new kind of sync, call it something different, and activate it differently. A thorough explanation would also be nice.
blackavenger 1:25 AM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
Please help me on how to install 1.7.1 because 2.0 is a huge mess!

You didn't keep it installed? With ScratchLIVE I would keep the stable version, and also update to the latest version.......I have done this w' ITCH as well. Perhaps Y'all should learn how to have multiple versions of ITCH on your machine at the same time......

serato.com

Quote:
Quote:
I kinda like the new sync function at least you can adjust + & - while its in sync with the older tracks I say dont change it too much:)

They won't "change" it at all. It's more like *adding* an option.

At first I was calling for a "Simple Sync" option, but this past Friday I played at a 9 Hour Party where I segued from Future Garage, to Dubstep, to Bassline, to Drumstep, to DnB & Microfunk, back to Dubstep, to House, to Techno, etc... all whilst using the new Sync! I get it now, and it's HELLA' GOOD!

While I'm all for supporting that peeps get the "option" to have whichever Sync they prefer, I won't be going back to the old "Simple Sync" anytime in the future.

Oh yeah, and thanks again for finally making the SP-6 Tempo Sync'd......now my Sample Creativity is Limitless! I've been asking for that for years, and Y'all have finally come through......I LOVE IT!
dj genius 33 5:04 PM - 8 August, 2011
how do i un sync my sample.in sp-6..cause now it sound slike a chip munk and i cant reset it...
Hugo Sweet 4:37 AM - 9 August, 2011
Just a couple of observations about the 2,.0 version of sync:

If you want to return the track to its original bpm as you used to do by pressing sync again with 1.7, instead you can press the quartz button if you have one (shift key lock on the VCI) for the same result.

When I first used 2.0, it seemed as though it was designed to sync every track to the track you started with, which didn't seem to make much sense, especially when you're developing a set.

Then I noticed that you can sync the playing track to the incoming track on the fly. Just make the incoming track the sync master (dark blue). I'm not saying I'm not still having problems, but I'm confident I'll work it out.

I hope this helps.

One gripe I do have though is that if you sort by bpm in the library, it sorts by the rounding (no decimal places) so a track with a bpm of 135.6 can come before one of 134.9. In other words you can't trust the library listing, have to check the bpm on the virtual deck to know if it is actually faster or slower than its neighbour on the list.
DJDFECT 6:31 PM - 10 August, 2011
I'm rolling back from 2.0 because of this functionality. 2.0 beat sync makes my Vestax VCI300 useless
DJ Baby Raj 7:54 PM - 10 August, 2011
Itch 2.1 will revert to simple sync like 1.7
carl-v 7:34 AM - 12 August, 2011
Quote:
Itch 2.1 will revert to simple sync like 1.7

What or who is your source?
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 7:39 AM - 12 August, 2011
serato is the source they let us know in another post that its comming in nect update
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 7:39 AM - 12 August, 2011
next* update excuse the type-o
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 7:41 AM - 12 August, 2011
see tihs is zeb from the serato team >>> Hey guys,

Thanks guys,

Zeb.
seratosnatch 8:17 AM - 12 August, 2011
That is good news!
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 8:22 AM - 12 August, 2011
so they are fixing it it just a matter of when and from the looks of it its soon cuz this version has problems with the old vci so it shouldnt be to long
djcerla 8:22 AM - 12 August, 2011
They won't "revert" at all, but they're considering to add an OPTION for a simplified system.
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 8:40 AM - 12 August, 2011
yes cerla we did good on this lol i was right there wit u the whole time by the way love what u do bro
Newcastle UK 12:36 PM - 12 August, 2011
+1 for the simplified system!!!! Can't come quick enough. I was using 2.0 on friday for 6 hours, trying my best to get used to the sync system, but just didn't seem to have the flexibility of the old one. Really happy Serato it listening to us. The rest of of 2.0 is great.
dj genius 33 2:41 PM - 12 August, 2011
not sure whats wrong with the sync system....seems to work fine with my ddj-s1....shift+sync..to take off sync...and press sync to sync the tracks.....am i missing something here?
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 2:44 PM - 12 August, 2011
what ur missing is the fact when u turn it off the bpm should reset to its original number and it doesnt and most of us scratch dj's dont use beat grids or snap to beat so the old system worked for us
dj genius 33 2:56 PM - 12 August, 2011
your right....normally i have to reload the song cause it does not reset......but i sometimes wonder if serato makers are dj's......cause things like these should never be an issue......just make the thing right once and thats it....at least the basic stuff......the echo is so bad on 2.0...was better in 1.7.....dont they hear these things.......simple 1 2 3
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:04 PM - 12 August, 2011
i dont even use echo no more but try using delay on 1/1 u just gotta hit the fader faster to the other side but it will sound like echo out more like the echo in 1.7.1
dj genius 33 3:12 PM - 12 August, 2011
is there a effect that makes the song stutters.....i tried it with tremolo....but did not sound the same
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:18 PM - 12 August, 2011
shift + loop buttons
makes it sound like dicers
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:22 PM - 12 August, 2011
i do it on the ns7 like that it should work for u
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:27 PM - 12 August, 2011
dont know if urs says shift or delete but its the same hold it down and then dice it up withe the loops button im looking for the vid if i find it ill post it for ya so u can see what i mean
dj genius 33 3:28 PM - 12 August, 2011
plz show me.......
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:29 PM - 12 August, 2011
www.ustream.tv << genius
dj genius 33 3:36 PM - 12 August, 2011
thank u...seems diff on my system
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:48 PM - 12 August, 2011
you should have a button that says delete by ur cue points or it should say delete press and hold it hold up i gotta see a pic of the pioneer to see if its possible gimme a min
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:56 PM - 12 August, 2011
ok on top of ur play button u have the shift button try holding it down and pressing the loop in out and the 2 next to it and see if it work if not somone wit a pioneer should answer you