Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Quick Solution for sample bank: permenant prepare window

djcharles 7:12 PM - 17 August, 2007
Wrote this in another forum post but thought it should maybe have its own post.

"How about a section that would be similar to the prepare window but where the tracks don't get removed once you play them. Think about it as a permenant prepare section. If you wanted to take them off, all you would have to do is delete it manually.
This section could then be used as a sound bank so u wouldn't have to always go back into ur review or search to get your drops/effects back on".

I'm sure this would be quite easy to implement and seems to be a great solution for people who use the same tracks throughout their set.
djcharles 4:15 PM - 2 September, 2007
Anybody got thoughts on this?
Mr WIlson 5:34 PM - 1 November, 2007
i'd like this.
or a (nameable) tab system to the prepare window. each tab could be locked or not (with the option to turn into a new crate).
these tabs could be used to drag all your samples and drops.

the prepare bit does need something more.
dj luis 8:50 PM - 4 November, 2007
i just have a crate with that - since i use a lot of my own loops
cappinkirk 6:42 PM - 5 November, 2007
yeah you should just make a crate with your stuff in it thats what i do too... it's especially nice since it's already available and does exactly what you are describing.
CSR 9:41 PM - 5 November, 2007
Sounds like a crate to me too.
djcharles 9:31 AM - 8 November, 2007
Quote:
yeah you should just make a crate with your stuff in it thats what i do too... it's especially nice since it's already available and does exactly what you are describing.

well not exactly. See i have loads of crates. it's not as convenient to keep shuffling between my crates to get to a crate that would only have a few sound effects and stuff on it. Plus what I had in mind was maybe something less permanent than a crate anyway. like when i play a upfront hip hop set i want to have my air horns and drops available very quickly. but if i do a house set for example i want a different set of loops like the "mama say mamakossa". just an example. of course u can work around it and do crates for them and then sub-crates but the whole point of this suggestion was to come up with a quick and simple solution for those of us that want to have the stuff we are likely to use often during a set or as a sample bank.