Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Ableton control window does not appear in scratch live plus crashing

Product
The Bridge
Version
Ableton 8.2
Scratch Live 2.2
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
kaydeelethal 3:10 PM - 15 July, 2011
Product: thebridge
Version: 8.2_2.2
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

1. I cannot access the ableton interface while in scratch live (I cannot view ableton from Scratch live) yet, I am getting the output from my mixer.

2. When I switch on the APC sampler, scratch live crashes. I have no idea why.

Below are my mac's specs (just incase you may think it is the reason) ???

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP52.008E.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.42f4

I cannot carry this APC to my gig for tonight as I fear the scratchlive crashing while am in the course of djing.

Rgds
Kaydee
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:10 AM - 18 July, 2011
Hey Kaydee,

Have you tried out Scratch Live 2.2.2? There were some MIDI crashes that were resolved in this release that may help with your issue. You can download this version here:

serato.com

Let me know how you get on,

Sam.
kaydeelethal 8:20 AM - 21 July, 2011
Hey, No one's home?.... am still stuck, either of my programmes crash once I switch on the APC sampler. What may be the best thing for me to do so as to solve this mystery?

Rgds,
Kaydee
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:10 PM - 21 July, 2011
Hey kaydeelethal,

Have you updated to Scratch Live 2.2.2? Does Scratch Live crash or does Ableton Live crash? You can find out how to get a crash report here:

serato.com

Let me know how you get on.

Sam.
kaydeelethal 7:55 PM - 27 July, 2011
I had 2. 2. 2 didnt work, I hve tried reinstallin 2.1.1 from some discussion i saw on this forum bout 2.2.2 not being stable with midi so i thought of trying the prior but still.... same issue, infact now, without even sound even after checkin out the audio settings on live
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:31 PM - 27 July, 2011
Does Scratch Live crash or does Ableton Live crash? Can you please attach a crash report to the thread? You can find information on how to do this here:

serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
kaydeelethal 6:29 AM - 29 July, 2011
I had to format my mac "in the name of tryna solve this problem" What i'm encountering now is different, none of the systems is crashing BUT, I dont get the ableton plug in on scratch live hence, cannot control ableton live from scratch live & still no audio. I have tried doing all the relevant settings on audio but still, no audio (no ableton plug in/ window) on my scratch live. Whaot would be the problem here, is it my mac?

Advise pls
Kaydee
kaydeelethal 1:03 AM - 30 July, 2011
WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! am @ a gig & my scratch live has crashed now six times, I had to go home for another laptop. What would be the issue, am on 2.2.2

PLEASE HELP!!
kaydeelethal 6:52 AM - 30 July, 2011
I still cnt enable ableton inscratchlove.. still not sorted... :( :( :(
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:01 PM - 31 July, 2011
Can you please upload a crash report as per the instructions here:

serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
kaydeelethal 8:06 AM - 1 August, 2011
lest I install the software & do this when it happens again, I jus had to eliminate ableton frm my system after a nasty encounter this past weekend, Scratch live was crashing while at a gig. will keep in tch.

thanx,
kaydee