DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Dont Talk To The DJ!!

DJ Josh V 10:29 AM - 13 August, 2007
I dont know whats up with some of these guys but some DJ's have a big stick up there a** sometimes.

I was at this club in Hollywood this weekend that my boy promotes/DJ's and in one of the rooms the DJ had a big ass Apple on the front of his laptop.I was kinda faded but I was tripping out on that sh** and I tried to ask him how he got it.Finally after a big "Fu** you,why are you trying to talk to me" Look on his face,he told me it was just a sticker.

thats all I wanted to know and I even waited for the right moment not to interupt him mixing in the next song but its cool Ill remember when dudes try to talk to me and it has happend when one of these cocky fu**'s have ran into me at some spot where Im spinnig and I give them no respect and dont let them touch the turntables (if Im Using Mine).

Besides dealing with drunks bumping into my sh** or telling me what songs to play Im always down with talking with people.Ive met a lot of cool DJ's and people in general and thats why I think it sucks when others are trippin.But whatever,Hes doing that spot and not me so I guess that means I aint sh**.I told my boy that I wasnt going back there unless he was spinning cause he was just chillin that night.

TwinSouls Out!!!
mic 10:45 AM - 13 August, 2007
My friends are in a band and so are my friends, I always want to ask them about their rane stickers that are on their cases. They always are so sad and tell me that I dont know nuthin bout "real" rock. I just say whoa bro wanna do a shot!!!!
DJ_Motion 5:30 PM - 13 August, 2007
talking to people is overrated.... cuz...

I wear my stunna headphones at night... :)
sixxx 5:36 PM - 13 August, 2007
lol DJ_Motion
DJ.ReFRESH 6:36 PM - 13 August, 2007
Which club was it?
DJ Josh V 9:42 PM - 13 August, 2007
Quote:
Which club was it?

Facade (Ivar) in Hollywood!!
DJ.ReFRESH 9:48 PM - 13 August, 2007
lol

if true, it was definitely Saturday night then.
djsanti 2:52 PM - 14 August, 2007
Sup Josh V.

That dj spinning was me. Didn't mean to give you any type of face, especially an "fu" face. I just didn't understand what you were asking, maybe cause the monitor was blasting, I'm already a little deaf after 12 years of this, or maybe cause I was more preoccupied with making people dance to latin alternative type music.
No disrespect meant to you at all. I actually try to listen to people's questions or requests as long as they are brief and to the point. You know how it is , being a dj yourself, when you're in the mix, you tend to just block everything out and really try to get into that state of mind where every track just flows.

Santi
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:07 PM - 14 August, 2007
Santi was that a big Apple Sticker that comes in the package when you buy a Mac, just curious as to what "Big Apple on the front" he was talking about. Where is the sticker?

Cool of you to respond to dude here.
Nicky Blunt 3:08 PM - 14 August, 2007
Quote:
Cool of you to respond to dude here.

+1
LightsOut06 3:24 PM - 14 August, 2007
SSL Forum bringing peace without war. Take notes G-Dub!
AMF 4:02 PM - 14 August, 2007
Responding to dudes here is so overrated.

Peace without war is also overrated.
sixxx 4:43 PM - 14 August, 2007
Serato is overrated!
AMF 5:07 PM - 14 August, 2007
^^^ True!!!!
grrillatactics 5:26 PM - 14 August, 2007
I heard that sixxx was overrated...

Not sayin' it's true, that's just what I heard.

j/k!!!
sixxx 5:27 PM - 14 August, 2007
sixxx is overrated!
djsanti 6:06 PM - 14 August, 2007
Stickers are the ones that come with any ipod or laptop purchase. no big deal.
i might have a pic on mypsace.

www.myspace.com
sixxx 6:07 PM - 14 August, 2007
Stickers are overrated!
DJNando 6:51 PM - 14 August, 2007
Quote:
Stickers are the ones that come with any ipod or laptop purchase. no big deal.
i might have a pic on mypsace.

www.myspace.com

and +1 for the myspace plug. nice one Santi
grrillatactics 8:48 PM - 14 August, 2007
Quote:
sixxx is overrated!

See, I knew I heard it somewhere...

:-D
DJ Josh V 9:33 PM - 14 August, 2007
Quote:
Sup Josh V.

That dj spinning was me. Didn't mean to give you any type of face, especially an "fu" face. I just didn't understand what you were asking, maybe cause the monitor was blasting, I'm already a little deaf after 12 years of this, or maybe cause I was more preoccupied with making people dance to latin alternative type music.
No disrespect meant to you at all. I actually try to listen to people's questions or requests as long as they are brief and to the point. You know how it is , being a dj yourself, when you're in the mix, you tend to just block everything out and really try to get into that state of mind where every track just flows.

Santi

Thanks man, I hear U.....I was just venting a little cause of the impression I got.I guess I was wrong.But it does happen.Damn I wonder if Ive ever given people this same impression.Some chick @ my Fri. night spot was mad at me by the end of the night cause I didnt play Salsa.I dont even remember her asking...Well like I said I was just getting something off my chest to any DJ out there thats actually like what I described before but in no way am I knocking the way you DJ man you were doing your thing..Good Job.Lots of Honeys up in that place and U had them shakin' everything.Thats what I like to see :-)
KaGeN 9:40 PM - 14 August, 2007
Everyone LOOK!!!!! ahh.... how cute.....
DJ Josh V 9:46 PM - 14 August, 2007
Quote:
Everyone LOOK!!!!! ahh.... how cute.....

LOL
sixxx 11:23 PM - 14 August, 2007
Group hug! (no homo)
SUBSTANCE 3:52 AM - 15 August, 2007
pwned
Thundercat 3:57 AM - 15 August, 2007
Damn. I opened the thread expecting to find a link to an answer song to that Che'Nelle track, I Fell In Love With The DJ.
Mr. $weetlife 12:06 PM - 17 August, 2007
I'm guilty of sometimes being a major dick to some people that come up to the booth. But, what can I say? DJing is a job and I dont have time to chat with people that dont understand my setup after the third time I try to explain it to them or giggly girls that come up and ask "do you have that song by T-Bartender teeheee?"

I do need to work on it though cuz even my GF, has told me to chill out on some of the patrons...

Sometimes we just get caught at the wrong times.
DJ Autograph 12:25 PM - 17 August, 2007
Quote:
I'm guilty of sometimes being a major dick to some people that come up to the booth. But, what can I say? DJing is a job and I dont have time to chat with people that dont understand my setup after the third time I try to explain it to them or giggly girls that come up and ask "do you have that song by T-Bartender teeheee?"

I do need to work on it though cuz even my GF, has told me to chill out on some of the patrons...

Sometimes we just get caught at the wrong times.

Always a dick, especially if they ask for stuff out of context, UNLESS its a hot chick with Funbags............'

Or another DJ coming to give me props.