Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH 2.0 or ITCH 2.0 Beta Download

Cemmy 8:30 AM - 28 June, 2011
hello; anyone has any information about if we can download at least a beta version of ITCH 2.0? Thanks
Paco71 8:32 AM - 28 June, 2011
here we go again lol...

Read the itch Forum you will have your answer ;)
Dj cuervo 2:30 PM - 28 June, 2011
No beta yet. Trust me you will see when it is available.
Dj Delta-Vita 2:48 PM - 28 June, 2011
very funny mate...how old r u ?
carlos 66 8:33 AM - 5 July, 2011
available icht 2.0 beta?
leonteegan 8:57 AM - 5 July, 2011
Quote:
Tomorrow...

hahahaha always mañana when its out its out just hurry up & wait people
Dj M.o.o.N 1:55 PM - 5 July, 2011
you can download here

hulkshare.com
Immel 2:01 PM - 5 July, 2011
???
Dj Delta-Vita 2:09 PM - 5 July, 2011
Lol
Dj M.o.o.N 2:16 PM - 5 July, 2011
;-)
Immel 2:52 PM - 5 July, 2011
haha
DJ Oasys 3:10 PM - 5 July, 2011
Very funny
dj tres 11:45 PM - 5 July, 2011
ok for real i am tired of this old looking serato itch..they doing all these scratch live updates but itch im still waiting please serato..i use both but ill love to get the itch 2.0 now!!!!
JonnyLove 6:15 AM - 6 July, 2011
Whine Whinge and Whine. put your toys back in your pram.
djcerla 12:46 AM - 7 July, 2011
jostevens 8:48 PM - 7 July, 2011
Okay now we are Q3 2011.....as they said in the preview.....and where is ITCH2.0????
The whole discussion around itch 2.0 is getting boring. Seratos PR should give us some facts...
Whats about respect loyal customers?
serkan 9:23 PM - 7 July, 2011
Yeah. We have Q3 as stated like a zillion times.
But we also will in 2 months so where's the point?
Quote:

ok for real i am tired of this old looking serato itch..they doing all these scratch live updates but itch im still waiting please serato..i use both but ill love to get the itch 2.0 now!!!!

Like we had 37 SL updates in the last 2 weeks...
As the guys at Serato stated they're rebuilding ITCH almost from scratch on the basis of SL. These kind of big changes always take some time and in the end the development of SL & ITCH will be so close that new updates will come on a much faster and more stable basis.
I really believe this. And if this doesn't happen I'll be OK with it. It's not like someone promised me anything in the first place.
Maskrider 11:01 PM - 7 July, 2011
Quote:
hello; anyone has any information about if we can download at least a beta version of ITCH 2.0? Thanks

You will be notified by the Authorities.
flashdj 12:12 AM - 8 July, 2011
Does anyone know when will be ready version of itch 2.0 download?
serkan 12:14 AM - 8 July, 2011
Rumours say Q3
But don't tell anyone. It's a secret!
BadBoyChubs 12:36 PM - 8 July, 2011
to be honest i dont think serto will do a 2.0 public beta base on the fact just like when they where releasing 1.5 and dispite the warning that dont use at ur gigs, people still used it, I am quitly of that one!

the harrassment will be even more after djs start report bugs, and will be more angry and tell serato how they not doing there job, and how they want a stable version now!
sj_gregory 12:55 PM - 8 July, 2011
Quote:
they doing all these scratch live updates but itch im still waiting please serato...

Hmmm, in the last year SSL has had 2 updates, the last being January.
In the last year Itch has had 2 updates the last being October.
(and since Feb 2010, both have had 3 updates)
Longer wait, but not more updates....
Pown 4:10 PM - 8 July, 2011
I don't understand the lack of communication from Serato about the development of itch 2.0. They could give us some fresh infos.
BadBoyChubs 4:14 PM - 8 July, 2011
Quote:
I don't understand the lack of communication from Serato about the development of itch 2.0. They could give us some fresh infos.

wat info u want that would be usefull?
Dj cuervo 4:45 PM - 8 July, 2011
beta will come in aug - more time to work means more features
the video stated this was the first look at itch 2.0 so i believe there will be more features
djcerla 4:52 PM - 8 July, 2011
Quote:

the video stated this was the first look at itch 2.0 so i believe there will be more features

why?
Dj cuervo 8:21 PM - 8 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

why?

Why not
DJ LIL M 9:26 PM - 8 July, 2011
i thought the thread said u can download lol
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:43 PM - 8 July, 2011
Quote:
i thought the thread said u can download lol

Man..... its getting bad when you see a mirage of a itch 2.0 download LMAO - i feel ya tho DJ i feel ya!
serkan 1:42 AM - 9 July, 2011
Quote:

to be honest i dont think serto will do a 2.0 public beta base on the fact just like when they where releasing 1.5 and dispite the warning that dont use at ur gigs, people still used it, I am quitly of that one!

Did you mean private beta?
With SL 2.0 I was extremely excited and proud to be one of the private beta testers. I spend at least 2h a day to test and tried to find bugs on my own and also tried to re-do the bugs that others had. I couldn't help that much because the community did the same thing and development went very well. But there were also some (for me unknown) people who posted screenshots, videos, and reviews of it even though they weren't supposed to do that. I literally hated those guys! Serato trusted the private testers but those idiots broke the trust :(

But public beta is a must. They can test ITCH 2.0 and SL 2.3 in their office on a dozen machines with a dozen setups 24/7 but it will never be the same as it is with hundreds or thousands of people at home (!)

Anyway...
We can think, write and discuss whatever we want. The Serato guys are smart enough to do their think. They will now when the software is ready. And even though they said Q3 it could happen that we don't see anything new until early Q4. The release date of software always has been and always will be a guess. All we can do is hoping that Serato is good at guessing.
serkan 1:45 AM - 9 July, 2011
Quote:

The Serato guys are smart enough to do their *****.

thing
Quote:

They will *** when the software is ready.

know
Paco71 11:18 AM - 9 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Did you mean private beta?
With SL 2.0 I was extremely excited and proud to be one of the private beta testers. I spend at least 2h a day to test and tried to find bugs on my own and also tried to re-do the bugs that others had. I couldn't help that much because the community did the same thing and development went very well. But there were also some (for me unknown) people who posted screenshots, videos, and reviews of it even though they weren't supposed to do that. I literally hated those guys! Serato trusted the private testers but those idiots broke the trust :(

I cannot mor hugry with you, I was part of this private beta Test tooo, report some bugs , it was cool to participate to the end of the release of a software.
But I think due to the broken trust SERATO will not do private test again, I hate those breakers too.

Quote:

But public beta is a must. They can test ITCH 2.0 and SL 2.3 in their office on a dozen machines with a dozen setups 24/7 but it will never be the same as it is with hundreds or thousands of people at home (!)

Sure it's a must...

Quote:

Anyway...
We can think, write and discuss whatever we want. The Serato guys are smart enough to do their think. They will now when the software is ready. And even though they said Q3 it could happen that we don't see anything new until early Q4. The release date of software always has been and always will be a guess. All we can do is hoping that Serato is good at guessing.

We cross our fingers ;)
Pro1dgy 4:50 AM - 11 July, 2011
Most of us really care less if itch 2.0 can play through bluetooth, cook us some eggs, play internet radio none the less play videos. We would much appreciate it just being STABLE . Even better if serato would release 2 versions, one that JUST works and One that has all the crazy features. Most of us here are anxious when we play gigs, you just don't know when itch decides to go all out on you. The whole point for rocking N7's is to carry less weight now we have to bring in CDJs and sometimes T12's as backup. I love serato scratch, I love itch with a grain of salt. Its already Q3 a "public" beta version would be great as we need to put it to test in the wild.
DJ BossSounds 3:16 PM - 11 July, 2011
BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!
peopleschoice1 1:35 AM - 12 July, 2011
I WANT ITCH 2.0!!!
Maskrider 6:18 AM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
I WANT ITCH 2.0!!!

Everybody here wants it too.....lol
adulfo arango 3:52 AM - 13 July, 2011
Please !!! want the update for itch 2.0.

I'm checking everyday for it.
zanzibar1 6:20 AM - 13 July, 2011
I reckon the beta will be out with Itch, so that we can test it with all controllers before the final version is ready.
kraal 6:33 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
I feel like in a kindergarten.

in kindergarten the teacher would of made them stop by now
Kmxorbit 7:16 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Install a kindergarten cop then... maybe later this guy can even become governor.
PapiC 10:50 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
I WANT ITCH 2.0!!!

NO!! I don´t want ITCH 2.0!!!!

I WANT ITCH 3.0! I want it all! And I want it NOW! NO - I WANT IT YESTERDAY (just as all of our clients want there project to be finished yesterday) :O)))))

I almost can´t open this forum any more because of I WANT 2.0 I WANT 2.0 I WANT 2.0
The project will be released when it´s finished....Wait! Do your job! Go singing and dancing but stop crying!!!
philddejay 12:06 PM - 13 July, 2011
salve a tutti possiedo una meravigliosa pioneer ddj-s1 vorrei sapere quando sara' disponibile l'ultima versione di itch! grazie
djcerla 12:42 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
salve a tutti possiedo una meravigliosa pioneer ddj-s1 vorrei sapere quando sara' disponibile l'ultima versione di itch! grazie

sta x arrivare... è un grosso aggiornamento
serkan 10:02 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:

I'm checking everyday for it.

OMG. And it still didn't help? How is that possible?! :p
dnice04 3:21 PM - 14 July, 2011
i like how serato dosent even say a word about any of this is what ever just get the dam software running
djnice140 4:02 PM - 14 July, 2011
HA i cant even remember the last itch update ,,,,,,i do use itch and i havn't had any issues ,,,,,,,it's been so long since the last update ANYTHING the serato guys do to better itch would be cool with me ......if you guys cant wait for a update maybe you shouldn't be using any digital software to DJ at any event .....go find a record shop some where and buy the latest tunes......it's all about love .....just wait for it ....it could be worse like a chicago cubs fan waiting for the world series.......DJNICE
DJ BossSounds 4:15 PM - 14 July, 2011
djnice140:
FYI....
Yankees suck.....Red Sox will win the world series this year & next.

-back to the subject:

Like myself, people are tire of waiting. I got my NS7 in February & I'm already tired of waiting. Most cats on here have been waiting since TWO THOUSEND & FREAKING NINE-----THAT'S INSANE!!!!!!
flashdj 10:15 AM - 15 July, 2011
leaves us nothing but wait! When it is available for download all you will see itch 2.0!!!!
studio111 6:52 PM - 15 July, 2011
I just got my V7s and they are awesome controllers solid and responsive that is until Itch which should be called GLITCH! locks up or worse wont even recognize my V7s at a gig. I can't have this! The Numarks are pro gear but Itch is an LE version of SSL without the chance to upgrade. I have been on the phone with NUMARK even went as far as to reinstall my OS and still getting lockups and glitches.
IF 2.0 don't come out here in the next week or two I'm Thinking I'm going to return them and just fork over the $$ for the Rane interface to SSL. Not sure why Serato would even put their name on itch having such an awesome industry standard product like SSL you think they would just make a digital controller release of SSL.

Itch is like going to the BMW dealer and forking out the money for a name you trust only to find out you got a Ford pinto instead
djcerla 2:12 AM - 16 July, 2011
Quote:
I just got my V7s and they are awesome controllers solid and responsive that is until Itch which should be called GLITCH! locks up or worse wont even recognize my V7s at a gig. I can't have this! The Numarks are pro gear but Itch is an LE version of SSL without the chance to upgrade. I have been on the phone with NUMARK even went as far as to reinstall my OS and still getting lockups and glitches.
IF 2.0 don't come out here in the next week or two I'm Thinking I'm going to return them and just fork over the $$ for the Rane interface to SSL. Not sure why Serato would even put their name on itch having such an awesome industry standard product like SSL you think they would just make a digital controller release of SSL.

Itch is like going to the BMW dealer and forking out the money for a name you trust only to find out you got a Ford pinto instead

I couldn't disagree more.

ITCH is, by far and away, the most stable, reliable piece of software I've ever used (and I use music software since Notator 1.0 in 1992).

I'm on V7s, Apple Macbook Pro since one year, after being on NS7, VCI-300.
zanzibar1 2:40 AM - 16 July, 2011
Quote:
I've ever used

That doesn't mean jack to people in studio111's condition. I'm not trying to attack you cerla (ur a legend with ur youtube vids!) but I myself have had many software problems using itch and it is absolutely infuriating!

My guess is in 90% of cases, these problems can be traced back to user error - which is why people who know a thing or two about using dj software (yourself for instance) don't encounter these problems. What I am trying to say, is that all because Itch works well for you, doesn't make it the same for everyone else.

Considering that I believe most problems are user error... I can run SSl on the same laptop, with the same exact library as I run itch... but I only ever get crashes in itch. That tells me there is a lot of work to be done with itches stability - even if most of the time it works flawlessly.

One thing I think everyone on this forum agrees on is that Itch needs to be even more stable in 2.0. But I guess with all the trolls its harder to see who genuinely has a problem and who's bad mouthing...

Enough ranting from me!!

@ studio111

WAIT!!!! How long ago did u get ur V7s? I can tell you now, once u get Itch to work smoothly - u wont regret keeping those! Can you use V7's with other software (virtual dj) in the meantime before 2.0 comes out?
maviccf 5:57 AM - 16 July, 2011
Ok guys, I dont think you really understand the points that are being made about itch. I have done all kind of tests on windows OS pc versus Mac OS, and the difference is huge, on windows OS you have to be careful about the quality of your mp3's and how you manage your crates and files folders, you even have to tweak the system to squeeze more juice out of the processor. How ever on Mac OS you have a lot less to worry about, pretty much nothing to worry about( unless you are using an external HD you have to take a couple of extra precautions). And we are not being specific about the brand name of windows lap tops being used. Some dj's on the forums have complain a lot about certain specific "BIG NAME" windows lap tops. I agree with Cerla, we can not ask more from serato team about itch for the time being.
If you have paid attention, Serato is versatil and original, other brands just copy Serato's ideas, name them differently and called them "theirs".
If you have issues with itch, you really have to dig deeper in to your OS and the way how you manage your files.
Don't blame itch software if your OS can not handle it.
You need to become more technical about it and find the issues.
Pro1dgy 6:58 AM - 16 July, 2011
14th July awesome party at the ambassadors residence during the peak of it, ITCH that ITCH BOMBS out, Like WTF !!! Had to pin the blame no the sound system. CDJ's to the rescue. It was so embarrassing yet the show had to go on. Managed to get the peak back and rocked. Thing is now be stuck with a serato dongle (NS 7) that ain't doin. I will be hauling my t12's to the next gig and if this 2.7 thing don't happen sooner, the NS will be so much out for grabs. CURSES.
djcerla 8:19 AM - 16 July, 2011
@ zanzibar

Actually, what I did was unboxing a Macbook Pro, importing my songs, use ITCH. No tweaking whatsoever (apart from switching off antennas).

I have 3 Macs, from a 2.0 core2duo to a i7, on all 3 machines no crashes, no dropouts. I'm really done with mac vs pc wars, but I strongly suggest OSX for ITCH, as even an "hackintosh" is likely more stable than a Windows PC. I know several DJ producers that use PC in studio, Mac live, because it just works.

I think many refuse to even consider a Mac because they feel it's "overpriced"; well, for a professional the "price" of a single crash in the middle of a gig is much higher. A capable used Mac could be bought for less than a brand new PC; also keep in mind that the resale value of a Mac is much higher due to massive demand so the total cost of ownership is a better figure to consider than the price tag.
Papa Midnight 10:00 AM - 16 July, 2011
Quote:
I strongly suggest OSX for ITCH, as even [a] "hackintosh" is likely more stable [than] Windows

I hate to admit it, but from experience, this has been the situation for me. I have achieved stable systems with Windows XP, Server 2008 R2, 7, and, yes, even Vista (in order of effort expended to get a correctly working system). But it was at such headache that the hell of a 24 hour build (trial-and-error mostly) of a stable Hackintosh was worth it (and then another 12 hour build during a quad-boot setup).

Now this might not be EVERYONE's experience. Environmental Variables (env_vars) are hell like that. We all just find our own solutions - which is why the "Get a mac" solution isn't a solution in my opinion.

Quote:
I think many refuse to even consider a Mac because they feel it's "overpriced"; well, for a professional the "price" of a single crash in the middle of a gig is much higher.

I'm thoroughly convinced that this is where most problems begin - not in the Mac's are "overpriced" thought process, but in the thought process that people see a lower priced system at a store and check it up against the minimal requirements for Serato ITCH (which is immensely more CPU and USB host bus intensive than Scratch LIVE), and think they have a perfectly working system without taking all factors into account; the primary of them being that while the system may meet requirements on the surface (CPU, RAM, OS, etc.), whilst being sub-par when it comes to other components such as the ICH to give an example.
zanzibar1 4:23 PM - 16 July, 2011
@ maviccf @cerla @ papamidnight

Hey guys, having skimmed over the posts, it sounds like maviccf and cerla are saying if people have macs a lot of their problems go away.

I see where you are coming from - just use a good computer and your software will work fine - but I hope you guys can see that if Itch was really that stable and easy to use it should work well with windows (which the majority of people use) as well as it does with mac. By your own admission there is room for improvement, as the software needs to work better with certain systems. (Also, some people really don't want a mac just they like windows... Itch shouldn't discriminate!)

Also... I only use a mac. I have a 13 inch mac book w/ 2.26 ghz intel core 2 duo and 4gb ram. That is well over the required specs - yet I still can't get 1.7.1 to play reliably for me.

In fairness... when I started DJing i used a ton of shitty mp3's ripped from the net - still have a few of those lurking on my harddrive (I replace them with newly purchased copies as I find them) and I assume they are causing my problems with Itch 1.7.1 ... but as I said before - I cannot replicate these problems with SSL (or even with Itch 1.5!!)

So my laptop is clearly not the limiting factor... these dodgy mp3s i have SHOULD be the problem - but why is everything so smooth when using SSL and Itch 1.5? Should those same mp3s cause problems with SSL and 1.5 like they do with itch 1.71?

My theory is that SSL is just better developed because it is older - those bugs have been taken care of. But clearly there is a bug in existence in 1.7.1 that is not taken care of.

SO my point is this - there are people who bash itch aggressively for "never working", they say the whole software is a mess cuz it always crashes and never works. Those people are just as helpful as people who adamantly claim Itch is the best software in existence and anyone having problems with itch is a turd.

The fact is this - a large number of people have problems with 1.7.1 (there are multiple threads dedicated to this) - time to stop thinking of those guys as fools and time to address the fact that 1.7.1 had some mistakes. At the same time - 1.5 works flawlessly for me and I can definitely say that when Itch works well - it's like a dream :)

I just wish people on this forum would change their attitudes. Stop getting so emotional over Itch software, don't defend it but don't hate it. Let's just have a good honest look at the pro's and con's and post those ideas here so serato can read them and make 2.0 the best it can be.

Thanks for reading this rant!!!
Maskrider 4:53 PM - 16 July, 2011
All I can say is stop buying shitty computers soon you will find that life is a lot easier that way.
Ragman 5:07 PM - 16 July, 2011
I think another critical mistake some of us are making is assuming that Itch and SSL are similar because both are made by Serato for DVS purposes and look similar. When in actuality Itch is doing some real cutting edge shit under the hood. Itch is sensitive to more then just the basic specs of a computer because it's doing a higher percentage of the workload on the computer with controllers then SSL does with t/t/cdj. SSL is not working as hard as Itch especially at the sub-component level . This allows SSL to be more stable on all kinds of PCs. Itch to me is also a Benchmark application so-to-speak because it tells you what kind of computer you have at a granular level. Macs attention to detail even at the micro level is why it's a more stable platform then some other Win PCs so more often then not Itch will thrive. Basically Itch coding technology and what it is wanting to do on your pc is slightly ahead of today's PC technology. There are bugs but I don't think they are stability bugs or else we all would be complaining about freeze ups. Just my take...
hologram 2:13 AM - 17 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

ha and form the read of things there would be a a lot fo poeple sitting int he corner taking turns with the "dunce" cap on on.
hologram 2:19 AM - 17 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ha and form the read of things there would be a a lot fo poeple sitting int he corner taking turns with the "dunce" cap on on.

Maybe I would be in that corner too. let me fix this.

ha and from the read of things there would be a a lot of people sitting in the corner taking turns with the "dunce" cap on on.
maviccf 3:05 AM - 17 July, 2011
Let me make it simple from my perspective. Windows OS is wordly famous for crashing any given time and has nothing linked directly to itch, itch is just another cpu draining aplication like burning a dvd, the difference is that if crashes in public, the frustration is more intensive. I am not saying a mac is the solution to the problem, but it is proven that mac os is a more reliable OS. Windows OS utilizes a lot of extra resources to run and those resources dont run in a logic and efficent mode to keep up with apps like itch or any other application that requieres a lot of muscle. This is a known issue for windows all around the world. Even if serato focus all their resources in making itch to fit perfextly in windows, it will still crash due to the diversity of hardware in all the "big name pc's". They all are different inside and components are never the same. That is one of the biggest advantages of MAC OS. Their components are almost the same in any given generation, there fore all macs on 2010 ( for example ) are 99% reliable not to crash on intensive apps.
RedViagra 2:51 AM - 18 July, 2011
its starting to look like some real BULL ITCH!!!
Pro1dgy 6:56 AM - 18 July, 2011
Prayers have been answered, here is itch 2.0 Beta.

serato.com
taterwulf 3:22 AM - 26 July, 2011
AWESOME! Gonna tear it up and test the hell out of it tonight !)
DJdaveZ 10:06 AM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:
windows (which the majority of people use)

people, yes.... professionals in the music business, no.

advice to any having dropouts... raise buffer size (latency) by one notch and see if it gets better. if not try another notch... a faster, more solid computer will allow that setting to be lower.
Maskrider 3:42 PM - 26 July, 2011
Most of the dropouts can be eliminated by adjusting the buffer.
studio111 6:07 PM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:

I couldn't disagree more.

ITCH is, by far and away, the most stable, reliable piece of software I've ever used (and I use music software since Notator 1.0 in 1992).

I'm on V7s, Apple Macbook Pro since one year, after being on NS7, VCI-300.

I too have used just about every piece of music software since I got my first mac quadra and while I'm still new to the Dj software scene I have used a partners SSL for many gigs and have had no issue. As I said the V7 wont even show up so not user error there are still some bugs to be worked out and the features are lacking...

Alas my post is mute as 2.0 BETA HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!! and serato has listend to us we finally have an interface that is more like SSL and we get the SP6 and a library layout almost exactly like SSL. I'm loving it and my V7s kick some major A#$ I love em. Thanks Serato for listening now if we can get an Itch version of Bridge This will be one of the happiest guys on the planet!
djcerla 6:34 PM - 26 July, 2011
"features are lacking"... uhm... I've heard this before... Oh yes, about iPads, iPhone, iPad!

Features will eventually be added, but it's the "experience" that makes or breaks a product. Also, I've found that the reduced features set turns out to be a fantastic catalyst for ibspiration and ideas. But it's just me probably ;)
maviccf 6:44 PM - 26 July, 2011
Remember the human factor is escencial, not to many automated features is the right combination.
djcerla 6:59 PM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:
Remember the human factor is escencial, not to many automated features is the right combination.

That's why I love the new "rocket-science" SYNC! it helped me to go back to 100% manual ;)

/s
kraal 7:24 PM - 26 July, 2011
^ ha
turntablist master junry 6:02 AM - 24 February, 2013
anybody have a link free dl in serato itch 2.0....thankss veru muc
paoneer 10:58 PM - 24 April, 2013
pioneer s1