DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Any news of a newer TTM-57 coming out soon?

MenskeezA 8:10 PM - 9 August, 2007
Any news of a newer TTM-57 coming out soon?
---I have demo'd the TTM-57. I currently use the TTM-56.

I want to buy the TTM-57, BUT, 9 out of 10 DJ'S don't use it because of it's many "issues."
nobspangle 8:52 PM - 9 August, 2007
9 out of 10 DJs don't use it because they are deluded.

The TTM 57SL isn't perfect however it is by far the best two channel mixer available and chances are any issues you have can and will be solved with firmware updates.
DJ Prinvale` 9:53 PM - 9 August, 2007
Quote:
9 out of 10 DJs don't use it because they are deluded.

The TTM 57SL isn't perfect however it is by far the best two channel mixer available and chances are any issues you have can and will be solved with firmware updates.

agreed, it's the best mixer I have ever used. The faders are soooo smooth. Love the damn thing.
DJ Stuart (AR) 11:38 PM - 9 August, 2007
Issues? What are you talking about?
DJ K-otik 12:42 AM - 10 August, 2007
What up, MenskeezA!?! This is David - I filled-in for you at Shark Club a few times a couple years ago, back in the day with EmmTee on Thursday nights. I use a 57 now and I love it. I'm not sure what issues you have in mind, but I haven't had any real problems with it, aside from the fact that it's spoiled me for all other mixers.
wakka 3:43 AM - 10 August, 2007
What issues?
grrillatactics 2:10 PM - 10 August, 2007
Quote:

I want to buy the TTM-57, BUT, 9 out of 10 DJ'S don't use it because of it's many "issues."

That's strange, every DJ that I know, unless they specifically need 3 or more channels, is totally in love with this mixer.

While no product is completely perfect, I can't think of any issues that would prevent me from continuing my strong support of this product, and as nobs has pointed out, any shortcomings can easily be addressed with firmware updates.
cappinkirk 2:33 PM - 10 August, 2007
jealous haters!

there are no dj issues weighing in on the 57 other than a lack of paper

can i get a witness?
cappinkirk 2:33 PM - 10 August, 2007
stand up & testify!
vidoona 3:23 PM - 10 August, 2007
Little things annoy me with my 57, but I still love the thing and those little things will be resolved eventually I'm sure.
spazz 4:01 PM - 10 August, 2007
MenskeezA, please give a more detailed explanation on the so called "many issues". And where did you get the "9 out of 10 DJ'S don't use it" numbers from?
cappinkirk 5:41 PM - 10 August, 2007
i think he was being playful with marketingspeak since he didn't cite a source.

"9 out of 10 dj's" isn't always meant to be interpreted literally (even though I agree that it should be)
wakka 6:21 PM - 10 August, 2007
4 out of 5 dentists recommend Oral-B
8 out of 10 artists use a Mac
10 out of 10 of these statistics are more of a marketing strategy than an actual statistic to rely your facts on.
cappinkirk 7:08 PM - 10 August, 2007
i guess he should have used "ID-10T" formatting like this:

Question: Any news of a newer TTM-57 coming out soon?

My status:I have demo'd the TTM-57. I currently use the TTM-56. I want to buy the TTM-57

Sarcastic remark: 9 out of 10 DJ'S don't use it because of it's many "issues."

--

If everyone could please follow this "ID-10T" format from now on we will all be much more helpful.
MenskeezA 11:32 AM - 11 August, 2007
Hold Up! I'm not hatin' on the TTM-57. I don't know if you guys spin out much here in the O.C., but all the clubs I spin at won't use the TTM-57 because of one specific issue: you have to turn off the mixer when switching out DJ's. It hasn't happened to me but it has happened at Club Vegas. Because of that, 9 out of 10 DJ's here in the O.C. that I spin with at clubs won't buy one.

The "goal" for my post was to see if anyone has heard/read, etc. anything about a newer TTM-57 mixer coming out so, for example, I could hold off and wait, etc.

A couple DJ's I know (DJ Echo, DJ Turbulence, DJ Splyce---to name a few) endorse the TTM-57 but didn't know if there was a new one coming out. I decided to post a discussion to get some answers, not to get hated on.

K-otik---thanks for not hatin'...and I do remember you. I spin at Mosun in Laguna Beach, Sutra in Costa Mesa, and Kantina in Newport Beach. Hit me up, let's do this! I still spin with EmmTee, too.

As for the rest of you haters...
MenskeezA 11:47 AM - 11 August, 2007
FYI, look at my profile and the gear I own. Nuff said.
nobspangle 12:58 PM - 11 August, 2007
Quote:
but all the clubs I spin at won't use the TTM-57 because of one specific issue: you have to turn off the mixer when switching out DJ's.

This issue was solved with the first firmware revision, the one that comes with 1.6.1.
Sounds like 9 out of 10 DJ's in the O.C. are victims of misinformation
AdamJay 2:37 PM - 11 August, 2007
oh well... 9 out of 10 DJs suck anyway.

ha!
nik39 3:43 PM - 11 August, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
but all the clubs I spin at won't use the TTM-57 because of one specific issue: you have to turn off the mixer when switching out DJ's.

This issue was solved with the first firmware revision, the one that comes with 1.6.1.
Sounds like 9 out of 10 DJ's in the O.C. are victims of misinformation

Also... even if you switch DJs, it is soooo easy to make the transition flawless... use the Hold Echo function to loop a full bar. During the echo is running you can switch laptops w/o the music turning off. Eaaaasy.
Thundercat 3:55 PM - 11 August, 2007
Quote:
FYI, look at my profile and the gear I own. Nuff said.

You got 12's? Dude that's fresh. How much did you pay? You must be old school.
DJ Davey PR 10:33 PM - 11 August, 2007
Iam crazy mine gets hear monday,Crazy to use my new mixer.
DD 7:30 PM - 23 February, 2008
lol
s42000 4:19 PM - 12 March, 2008
geeez !