Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Videos

Dj Toothbrush 11:49 PM - 19 June, 2011
What's up my Serato family? It's been along time since I asked for some help from you all. Now I need some help.......I'm getting into video's with my set now, in which I know some of you are already into it. What is the BEST place to get GOOD Quailty videos from?

Let me know.....

Thanks in advance

Toothbrush
Charlie Five 12:21 AM - 20 June, 2011
There are a sh*t ton of posts on this...including a sticky.
Charlie Five 12:22 AM - 20 June, 2011
ClubBusta 12:53 AM - 20 June, 2011
tomatoslice 1:43 AM - 20 June, 2011
no
u r not done if you want other dance music

dtvideos.net
fcprod1 11:21 PM - 20 June, 2011
you tube....................just kidding!!!

I would have to agree with the ones mentioned.

Some pay sites as well.
yourremix.com
strictlyhits.com
dj joey shull 1:53 AM - 21 June, 2011
i like dtvideos & promo only. i haven't used the others mentioned. will check them out this week.
Rebelguy 2:08 AM - 21 June, 2011
I don't think Promo Only would make most people's lists nowadays.
Scott Bucher 3:39 PM - 21 June, 2011
Ouch!
We are still going strong, 100% legit and under no investigations .
We have monthly and weekly DVDs and an instant download option available if you are a qualified dj.
jbnyc 9:41 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:

+1

no diss but the only dj's that i ever met in person that use promo only are 40+ years old.. i think that was the shit in the 90's and early 2000's but theres a ton of new options now..
Scott Bucher 11:00 PM - 21 June, 2011
No diss taken - everybody has their own perception...
I've seen plenty of djs with a not so legit bootleg site as their source trying to undercut resident djs for $125 a night with only bedroom experience.

There are plenty of options out there - legit and not so legit. We are just one option.

We have plenty of subscribers in their 20's, 30's and yes 40's... (which isn't that old to a Dj as you see Tiesto, Icey and others in that same age group). If you like us, try us. I you don't, like I said - plenty of others to try...
Christopher2 11:27 PM - 21 June, 2011
If someone is playing out how can they only have bedroom experience? We all started in the bedroom mainly to learn the art of mixing, after that it's not rocket science as there are charts.

And just because someone plays unofficial remixes it doesn't make them hooky - if a label passes 5 remixes a resourceful DJ will look listen to 10 and go with the ones he/she prefers. If we were all to use a service like promo only we'd be stuck with little more than top 40, and as mentioned there's not much skill in rotating chart music to a crowd.
Bren 12:08 AM - 22 June, 2011
You can also take a look at Crooklynclan: www.crooklynclan.net

And my page: www.crooklynclan.net
dpetree 3:22 AM - 22 June, 2011
+1 for Scottie

One thing i do like about Promo Only is they get there videos faster then most. There are times that others have the source first, but Promo Only is consistently fast on the sources
dj lad 8:45 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
+1 for Scottie

One thing i do like about Promo Only is they get there videos faster then most. There are times that others have the source first, but Promo Only is consistently fast on the sources

what.
ClubBusta 1:08 PM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
+1 for Scottie

huh?!? one of the main reasons i moved on was exactly that. they aint got the songs when i need em. and i aint gonna reopen the watermark arguement. and i gotta agree the guys i see using po are usually old and fat and bald and have no damn clue as to what the hell they people want. all props to po for back in the day, they were the bomb but smash, screenplay, xtenda and yea dtvideos put that out to pastur god bless and all but man! smh.
Scott Bucher 3:32 PM - 22 June, 2011
Please take no offense - not every statement is all encompassing.
I'm a club and touring dj myself for years, and while at 2 of my long residencies (8years +) I've seen plenty of guys, and I'm sure you have to, that come in with brand new equipment and virtual crate fulls of mixes from this site or that and are all about hype and no talent. "I've got 2500 friends/followers and I got all the new mixes from....." Yet they can't work the room, fired 2 weeks later and then show up at another club a month or 2 later.
There are also plenty of other, talented, qualified djs who use (and contribute to) plenty of the sources that are out there. I do to. SmashVidz is a great product. Crooklyn and their sites put out a lot of creative mixes. Joshua Carl and those guys at Strictly are very talented. I've bought stuff from YourRemix.com for years.
My point is that I agree with what Christopher said "a resourceful DJ will look listen to 10 and go with the ones he/she prefers."
There are plenty of options out there - legit and not so legit. We are just one option.
Dj Toothbrush 6:29 PM - 22 June, 2011
Thanks to all who gave some input of this matter. I will check out the sites that were mention in this thread. Thanks again....

Dj Toothbrush
DJ'Que 7:22 PM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1

no diss but the only dj's that i ever met in person that use promo only are 40+ years old.. i think that was the shit in the 90's and early 2000's but theres a ton of new options now..
since when is age a factor in djing. most guys in there 40's dont stay with mommy. or use there cc to buy equipment. most in there 40's are better than 90% of these wet behind the ear dj's. if you dont like top 40 then do your own club. top40 is 40 songs will that last me thru thru the night hell no.
djpuma_gemini 8:52 PM - 22 June, 2011
Wow.

I like how PO came in and gave credit where credit is due.

+1 for that.

I haven't touched a PO video in 3 years, but that's just me.

I don't think that the super legit companies, like PO, SP, etc can compete with the other sites around.
yeah they can get the product and all, but the other guys will always win by some count, be it, speed, quality (IVTC vs interlaced), cost, or remixes.
tomatoslice 9:22 PM - 22 June, 2011
on my old skool nights i have to use a lot of PO.
djpuma_gemini 10:06 PM - 22 June, 2011
Yeah, that is true, there. well used to be true. gotta dig for those classics
VJ Justin Allen 10:20 PM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
Wow.

I like how PO came in and gave credit where credit is due.

+1 for that.

That's a big change for them...One of the main reasons I left P.O. after 8 years of buying for multiple clubs was because of the fact that they could not change with the times and get product out the door as quick as some of the sites Scotty just praised.

And when I tried to talk to them about it all I got was, and I quote "Are you fucking kidding me, I will not go to the owner of this company and tell them that"....as well as "If you want to go with an illegal company and risk being fined by the RIAA"

Add even after all that I sent 3 new VJ's to buy yearly subscriptions from P.O. and never received anything from it, not even a thank you... well I completely lost ALL respect for P.O. after that.
Marine 6:08 AM - 23 June, 2011
I started video djing the first day the dvj-x1's were launched. I purchased thousands of dollars with PO and the reason I left was I complained about the PO watermarks and huge chyrons they put in there videos and my sales rep told me there was nothing they could do and they told me if I left to go somewhere else I would be back. I haven't been back it's been about four years and thanks to smash vidz, dtv, xtendamix for putting out the best quality video I've seen.
dj lad 6:56 AM - 23 June, 2011
I LOVE HOW WE'VE HAD THIS ARGUMENT LIKE 10000x TIMES.

Hugs and handpounds.
Joshua Carl 9:20 PM - 23 June, 2011
Thanks for the props Scott.

the more and more I read, and whether it be propoganda, or just scare tactics
I have to believe that someday someone will crush the way we get videos/music
(over the last few years)
Im not talking about illegal blogs, or groups... we know they all eventually meet their demise
and resurface.

but with the potential for clocked internet service (IE par per kbs, and taxed on usage)
{I beleieve Marx posted the article not too long about it in here}
and with this recent "chatter" about all the "remix sites" getting chopped down...
it just might head back to ZERO gray area sites.... the whole DJs edits "for promo use only"
will no longer be saving everyone.
no one REALLY knows whats going to happen over the next decade, we can all specualte
make educated guesses based on the information we have...but what we do know that the
"legitimate" (no gray area) will make it through the change.

id like to think that labels will look at video and say, these DJs are pimping the 1 thing radio cannot,
image. we pay millions of dollars for people to understand that this artists is a sexy lil tramp.
and this community of djs is not only playing their music, telling everyone what the song & artist is, but selling the image...
there needs to be SOME sort of channel for the djs to get the products fast and high quality if this all goes down like it looks like tis going to