DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Looking for Dj Scratch tools on mp3

Fishboy 12:12 PM - 13 June, 2005
Any place I can get these. Beats, Breaks and samples.

Beatport has some dJ tool but only mincey house acapellas.
mexicannnnnn 3:06 PM - 13 June, 2005
Just make you own tools
Serato
Josh 11:14 PM - 13 June, 2005
Probably best to record a battle record into your computer.
mexicannnnnn 11:31 PM - 13 June, 2005
Thats what I do, then I just edit the parts I like and maybe repeat then or tweak the sound of them a bit...
BassChamber 8:02 AM - 14 June, 2005
unfortunately the current mp3 online shops doesnt have battle records yet. at least, i dont know anyone.

BTW, what happened with futuretrax?
feniks 9:57 AM - 14 June, 2005
the Soundcraftsman Vol. 1 CD is prob one of the best out there that is available in digital format. you c an check it out (and purchase it) from here---> www.crowdcontrolrecords.com

i've been using this for about the last 6 months and it fukking rocks. well worth the money (and it's soooo nice to have clean digital copies of the major scratch samples). check it out....
BassChamber 11:56 AM - 14 June, 2005
did you download a mp3 file from their website or did you buy the CD?
DJ SHY 1:15 PM - 14 June, 2005
yeah....I agree with Feniks...I got the Soundcraftsman Vol.1 CD...its pretty sick...

I also got a few battle breaks that I've ripped to CD format...I will post them up in a few....
DJ SHY 1:31 PM - 14 June, 2005
here ya go....a classic break record:
Super Duck Breaks
s10.yousendit.com
DJ SHY 2:13 PM - 14 June, 2005
and another....
Dirtstyle's Bionic Booger Breaks
s12.yousendit.com
DJ SHY 2:23 PM - 14 June, 2005
okay one more....
Dirtstyle's Deluxe Shampoo Breaks
s20.yousendit.com
feniks 4:37 PM - 14 June, 2005
Quote:
did you download a mp3 file from their website or did you buy the CD?

i bought the CD and use the samples as WAV files. i didn't convert them to mp3 as it is probably better to keep them as uncompressed files if you are going to be using them for some heavy duty scratching (that was SSL doesn't have to decode them.....less work for the CPU and better sound quality).
SpinThis! 5:06 PM - 14 June, 2005
nice one... one of these days i was going to rip booger breaks but i always seem to get putting it off.
Fishboy 10:25 AM - 16 June, 2005
Thanks that is frrrreshhhhhh. That CD looks amazing. Can't even buy it as I am in the UK
gazmonster 12:46 PM - 16 June, 2005
those break records are awesome dude...

was a real treat. :-)
Cashless 9:01 PM - 16 June, 2005
Quote:
the Soundcraftsman Vol. 1 CD is prob one of the best out there that is available in digital format. you c an check it out (and purchase it) from here---> www.crowdcontrolrecords.com

i've been using this for about the last 6 months and it fukking rocks. well worth the money (and it's soooo nice to have clean digital copies of the major scratch samples). check it out....

Nick Nick is the effing man!!!
Cashless 9:02 PM - 16 June, 2005
*Nick Nack
djtrippin 2:31 AM - 17 June, 2005
im suprised no one came in here to say "posting those breaks are illegal!!!!"
s42000 2:46 AM - 17 June, 2005
whhhoa !
Serato
Josh 2:56 AM - 17 June, 2005
breaks records are basically illegal when they get pressed, I couldn't see anyone hauling SHY into court for posting em for a week ;)
djtrippin 5:10 AM - 17 June, 2005
fuck in that case post some more.
Serato
Josh 5:15 AM - 17 June, 2005
don't get me wrong, if this turns into a filesharing thread it'll get shut down...
sixxx 6:29 AM - 17 June, 2005
Thanks for the breaks.
nik39 10:24 AM - 17 June, 2005
Even if its illegal, it doesnt make it legal to share them here. You still have to consider the time and work the author/label of the breal records has put into making this record. Stealing from a thief doesnt make it 1st legal, and 2nd you any better.

Mr moralman has spoken ;-)
Serato
Josh 10:51 AM - 17 June, 2005
haha good call, no more posting of stuff here please guys, I'm sure SHY's yousendit links are dead by now.
DJ SHY 2:08 PM - 17 June, 2005
sorry bought that will not post anymore.... and yeah i'm sure those links are down anyways....
DJK 2:37 PM - 17 June, 2005
BassChamber 10:46 AM - 18 June, 2005
:_( anyways, we could open a new thread and post our own scratch sentences (for example, cutting and pasting samples from songs, tv, sounds... and creating 45 seconds or so mp3 files)

this post could be sticky... i see no illegal thing about it, am i wrong? what do you think mates?
mexicannnnnn 3:45 PM - 18 June, 2005
Well they kind of are as illigal as normal scratch records....
Detroitbootybass 6:07 PM - 18 June, 2005
Yup... they are illegal.
gazmonster 8:24 AM - 19 June, 2005
what about those websites where u can download movie and tv wavs...theres loads of em...

i think people posting their own scratches is a great idea..

c`mon guys cant ba that bad..
Detroitbootybass 8:34 PM - 19 June, 2005
Quote:
what about those websites where u can download movie and tv wavs...theres loads of em...

Also illegal...

...there are a ton of sites where you can buy weed too.
DJK 8:37 PM - 19 June, 2005
So what about when all these DJ's sell there little mix CD? If your gonna get that technical you might as well be a traditional musician, because EM/DJing IS SAMPLING.
Detroitbootybass 8:39 PM - 19 June, 2005
Selling mix CDs without getting permission from each and every copyright holder is illegal too... you may give them away as long as they are labeled for 'promotional use only'.
nik39 8:54 PM - 19 June, 2005
Quote:
you may give them away as long as they are labeled for 'promotional use only'.

Thats illegal too :-) It doesnt matter whether they are tagged as promo only or not.
djtrippin 9:19 PM - 19 June, 2005
All this illegal shit, it's a fucking joke. So I'm banging this hooke right, and she's all "dont get it in my eye" and im like shut up bitch i paid for this, and then boom, this fucking cop pulls me over, talking about how i was swerving when I was driving, its a load of shit.
djtrippin 9:20 PM - 19 June, 2005
*hooker
eder 9:30 PM - 19 June, 2005
Quote:

..isn't weed legal in canada?
Detroitbootybass 9:35 PM - 19 June, 2005
Quote:
Quote:

..isn't weed legal in canada?

No.
SpinThis! 9:44 PM - 19 June, 2005
i think it's just decriminalized... in other words a slap on the wrist.
Detroitbootybass 10:53 PM - 19 June, 2005
Quote:
i think it's just decriminalized... in other words a slap on the wrist.

That was the proposal, but it never went through - but the penalties ARE less than in the US.
Serato
Josh 11:50 PM - 19 June, 2005
I love it how threads just swing wildly to different directions :D

don't post links to samples on here, if you have your own site and that happens to have samples on it and you let people know you've put up a new one, you'll have no problem from me...
gazmonster 12:27 AM - 20 June, 2005
its class c in england so just a slapped wrist...heavier toll on dealing..

there pushing thid theory on how pot is connected schizophrenia..so i think it will go back to b class...
robriot 6:40 PM - 22 March, 2006
seen this discussed on many a forum. whats the deal with posting up your own dj sets on websites for promotion?illegal? you pay for the vinyl/mp3s yet you cant promote yourself by spinnning these tunes. next they will have you performing on an oil rig in the north sea.
DJBlisk 10:34 PM - 22 March, 2006
if you're not selling it for a profit then you aren't breaking any laws.... sheesh.
DJ SOLO 10:59 PM - 22 March, 2006
Nothing's illegal unless you get caught. Klack-Klack!!!
SKILLA 11:14 PM - 22 March, 2006
try beatport.com they have a dj tools sections.. most of them are beats and loops .. but there are some scratch tools..
SKILLA 11:19 PM - 22 March, 2006
Quote:
try beatport.com has more dj tools.. most of them are beats and loops .. but there are some scratch tools..
SKILLA 11:20 PM - 22 March, 2006
try beatport.com has more dj tools.. most of them are beats and loops .. but there are some scratch tools..
DJ Yaz 11:41 PM - 22 March, 2006
Quote:
here ya go....a classic break record:
Super Duck Breaks
s10.yousendit.com

shy, can you post those somewhere else so I can take a look? Maybe on your own site? Or PM me and we can discuss. The link expired.
robriot 2:07 AM - 23 March, 2006
Quote:
Nothing's illegal unless you get caught. Klack-Klack!!!

:P lol
Dj Blaze 1:47 AM - 26 June, 2007
Couldn't you sell mix cds for all the materials involved with the making, distribution, and materials. the music would be for promotion, but charge for the materials and stuff.
nik39 1:51 AM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
you may give them away as long as they are labeled for 'promotional use only'.

Thats illegal too :-) It doesnt matter whether they are tagged as promo only or not.
howcome 2:46 PM - 26 June, 2007
Beatport has great scratch tools, just search for Breakz R Us.
Nicky Blunt 3:04 PM - 26 June, 2007
beat port???

Excuse my ignorance but can someone post alink to these mofo's????
Dj Blaze 6:44 PM - 26 June, 2007
Nik39,
I had read those quotes, but the reason I asked was because there are two dj's near my town that are selling there "Shit" mix cds and charging for the materials and work involved with the making of the cd's. On the cover its says for promotional use only. How can they do that?

How does the RIAA regulate this kind of thing?

How could this legally be done?
nik39 7:29 PM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:
How can they do that?

They can't.

Quote:
How does the RIAA regulate this kind of thing?

They'll sue you.

Quote:
How could this legally be done?

Obtain licenses from the owners - recordlabels.
EzRecordings 3:27 AM - 16 November, 2013
Quote:
Any place I can get these. Beats, Breaks and samples.

Beatport has some dJ tool but only mincey house acapellas.

Checkout our "DJ Scratch Breaks" albums by "D'Blaze"

All these breaks are made specially for Scratch DJs and Turntablists, would love to hear any feedback or requests for future albums too :)

www.ezrecordings.com

EnJoy!
auttomattik 1:54 PM - 16 November, 2013
Go to Thud Rumble. So many scratch records for download, like 4 bucks a side too. They're from Qbert himself, it's hard to go wrong.
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:07 PM - 17 November, 2013
For beats (well endless loops) to cut over go here-

www.yourlooper.com
RMD BeatMaker! 12:42 PM - 17 March, 2016
DJ TOOLS / SCRATCH TOOLS / DICES / BATTLE BREAKS /

NOW BIG OFFER! GET ALL RELEASES BY RMD BEATMAKER ON BANDCAMP AND SAVE 50% FULL DISCOGRAPHY

rmdbeatmaker.bandcamp.com