DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Tracks Like Choppa Style.

matt212 7:18 PM - 25 July, 2007
Okay, need some help. I always have to play tracks like this, but it seems like I keep playing the same ones. Who knows some tracks I can add to this playlist?

Choppa - Choppa Style
Too Short - Shake That Monkey
Master P - Rock It
Hot Boys - I Need A Hot Girl
Various Ying Yang Tracks

There are others, but I can't remember right now. Any thoughts?
DJ_Motion 7:24 PM - 25 July, 2007
damien rice - shake dem haters
DJ_Motion 7:25 PM - 25 July, 2007
504 boyz
DJ_Motion 7:26 PM - 25 July, 2007
wobble wobble, I think was a similar track...
ontime1269 8:04 PM - 25 July, 2007
I'm not sure what city you are in, but I have a couple of tracks that pack the floor anytime I play them. I'm in Dallas, but these songs work anytime I play them:

Take Fo' Superstars - Get Ready, Ready

^^^I don't even mix this song in. I play it from the beginning. Everybody claps until that beat drops.

Kain & Able - Show Dat Work

^^^Packs the floor everytime.
allenbina 8:09 PM - 25 July, 2007
back that ass up
matt212 10:34 PM - 25 July, 2007
Thanks for the inputs. I've never heard the Damien Rice or the Take Fo' Superstars. Gotta check them out right now...if I can find them. I got the Kane and Abel joint, I think. And back that azz up is a on my list, just forgot the type it. Keep'em coming as you think of them.
matt212 10:40 PM - 25 July, 2007
Naw, I got the Kane and Abel "Toot It Up". Forgot about that one.
matt212 12:12 AM - 26 July, 2007
Quote:
Take Fo' Superstars - Get Ready, Ready

^^^Packs the floor everytime.

Is this a local group, because I can't find any info on that.
matt212 12:15 AM - 26 July, 2007
Is it the same as DJ Jubilee stuff?
matt212 12:28 AM - 26 July, 2007
If anybody was wondering, most of the tracks I'm thinking of are "New Orleans Bounce" Tracks. Sort of how Baltimore has Bmore and D.C. has Go-Go. Thanks if you were curious.
matt212 12:29 AM - 26 July, 2007
Thanks = That's
djskiggz 3:01 AM - 26 July, 2007
i cant find that track either matt and i've never heard of it
ontime1269 5:12 AM - 26 July, 2007
Quote:
If anybody was wondering, most of the tracks I'm thinking of are "New Orleans Bounce" Tracks. Sort of how Baltimore has Bmore and D.C. has Go-Go. Thanks if you were curious.

That song would be perfect for what you are looking for. The group is out of Lousiana. The song has that style.
ontime1269 5:18 AM - 26 July, 2007
Go to this page of mine and scroll down to the mix labeled Old School Rap April 25 2004. The first song is the song I'm talking about.

www.musicv2.com
matt212 5:47 AM - 26 July, 2007
Yeah that's the song I have, but I got it as DJ Jubilee being the artist. Totally forgot about though, thanks for refreshing my memory.
matt212 5:51 AM - 26 July, 2007
I found that Kane & Abel joint too. Shake It Like a Dog and Show Dat Work (Shake It Like a Dog Pt. 2)
matt212 5:54 AM - 26 July, 2007
And that Beelow ft. Juvenile - Big Body. It's all coming back to me now.
DJ FUN TIMES :) 7:59 PM - 26 July, 2007
fine - jacki o
freek a leek - peedi pablo
get it girl - bun b
tip drill (remix) - nelly
matt212 9:19 PM - 26 July, 2007
You know what? I can't get away with playing Freek a Leek anymore. That clears the floor but packs the bar. I might even get a cup thrown at me. haha Tip drill is a classic though, along with DMX's "Get It On The Floor"
poloi3eai2 9:43 PM - 26 July, 2007
I usually only play 1 verse+chorus of Freek a Leek then follow it up with Goodies and that keeps the girls on the dance floor.
djsmoothmood 10:42 PM - 26 July, 2007
Matt, I finna hook u up, bruh...N.O. bounce is real big here in H-Town...where all my dj's from the boot at? Yall should be all over this one...anyway, try these on for size:

Drag Rap - Triggerman (this is the track from which bounce was created)
Where They At? - DJ Jimi
Jubilee All - Jubilee
Walk Like Ronald - Hot Boy Ronald (has a dance to it)
Bunny Hop (remix) - Entourage (official bounce line dance song)
Ball Wit Me - Carmen
Hot Boy, Hot Girl - Jubilee
Getting Jiggy (Mario) - Jubilee
Doggie Hop - Willie Puckett
Bounce That Ass - Master P
Back That Ass Up - Juve
Back That Ass Up - Jubilee
Pump The Party - PNC
Hop In A Circle - Jubilee
Twerk Something - Cheeky Black
Get Me Bodied - Beyonce

Just a few that come to mind.
matt212 10:45 PM - 26 July, 2007
THAT'S WHAT DA FUCK I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Daswusup right there. Now that I think about it, Get Me Bodied does have the Bounce in it. Thanks Smooth.
djsmoothmood 10:51 PM - 26 July, 2007
anytime my friend
djal 8:27 AM - 27 July, 2007
Da Boot is in here. I will post a few later.

Another that always works for me is

Bust it open

FYI
Get Ready is by DJ Jubilee, It was a on a compilation with a lot of other artist on thier record label. The Record label is Take Fo
ontime1269 10:28 AM - 27 July, 2007
Here is another: Da New Dirty - Where They At
DJ GaFFle 1:08 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:
Matt, I finna hook u up, bruh...N.O. bounce is real big here in H-Town...where all my dj's from the boot at? Yall should be all over this one...anyway, try these on for size:

Drag Rap - Triggerman (this is the track from which bounce was created)
Where They At? - DJ Jimi
Jubilee All - Jubilee
Walk Like Ronald - Hot Boy Ronald (has a dance to it)
Bunny Hop (remix) - Entourage (official bounce line dance song)
Ball Wit Me - Carmen
Hot Boy, Hot Girl - Jubilee
Getting Jiggy (Mario) - Jubilee
Doggie Hop - Willie Puckett
Bounce That Ass - Master P
Back That Ass Up - Juve
Back That Ass Up - Jubilee
Pump The Party - PNC
Hop In A Circle - Jubilee
Twerk Something - Cheeky Black
Get Me Bodied - Beyonce

Just a few that come to mind.

Damn, talk about regurgitation!

That "Walk Like Ronald" was used/borrowed by Juve, Hotboys, P., Choppa... I thought those guy's tracks were original concepts???
cappinkirk 2:41 PM - 27 July, 2007
what about...

Traxster "Freak Hoes"
DC Santana "Work Dat Shake Dat"

u know dem?
cappinkirk 2:42 PM - 27 July, 2007
also Shake Dem Haters is Quint Black
djsmoothmood 4:39 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:

Bust it open

FYI
Get Ready is by DJ Jubilee, It was a on a compilation with a lot of other artist on thier record label. The Record label is Take Fo

First off, wassup to Da Boot in the house...now I need some help...there's a bounce track that I've been looking for like 7 years...name of the track is "Gimme Whatcha Got (For A Porkchop)"...I believe the artist is FM. Anybody got that or know where I can find it? Your help is greatly appreciated.
djsmoothmood 4:56 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:

That "Walk Like Ronald" was used/borrowed by Juve, Hotboys, P., Choppa... I thought those guy's tracks were original concepts???

lol...only "original" track on that list is Triggerman
DJ GaFFle 5:35 PM - 27 July, 2007
I meant some of the lyrics and flow was stolen by all the above.
djal 5:41 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Bust it open

FYI

First off, wassup to Da Boot in the house...now I need some help...there's a bounce track that I've been looking for like 7 years...name of the track is "Gimme Whatcha Got (For A Porkchop)"...I believe the artist is FM. Anybody got that or know where I can find it? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sure I got it. Got the Wax. :) But I think that dude was actually from Memphis if I am not mistaken. But we used to play with the other bounce stuff that first came out.
djal 5:44 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

lol...only "original" track on that list is Triggerman

Actually, Bounce is based on 2 beats, the triggerman (The actual name of the song is Drag Rap by the Show Boys) and Brown Beat off a Carmon Paul Complation. Brown Beat came from a record by Dereck B. Both orginal records were on Profile.
djsmoothmood 5:55 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:
Sure I got it. Got the Wax. :) But I think that dude was actually from Memphis if I am not mistaken. But we used to play with the other bounce stuff that first came out.

Yo Al! Holla at ya boy! I've been looking for that track forever. Tell me you've already ripped it down or are planning to in the near future! I know we can't share files on here...but I will have to find a way to get that from you.

Quote:
Actually, Bounce is based on 2 beats, the triggerman (The actual name of the song is Drag Rap by the Show Boys) and Brown Beat off a Carmon Paul Complation. Brown Beat came from a record by Dereck B. Both orginal records were on Profile.

And there you have it. Da Boot will tell you what it do!
djal 7:34 PM - 27 July, 2007
yup, the mods here are pretty tight. I am looking at 3 copies of the Wax now, hit me up.

djalinthemix@gmail.com
djsmoothmood 7:50 PM - 27 July, 2007
that's wussup
matt212 8:19 PM - 27 July, 2007
HELL YEAH!!! The boot is in the house. haha. Who's track is "Fuck Katrina"?

Also I got a track by J-Dawg and Young Gabe - "Money, Get It Girl", that shit nice to me. Not Bounce but I can still play it up here cause nobody else has it or heard it.
djal 8:54 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:
HELL YEAH!!! The boot is in the house. haha. Who's track is "Fuck Katrina"?

Don't remember who made that track, but that song is funny. If you ever DJ'ed for a bunch of New Orleans folk, a lot of them think they are the only people on the planet that matter, 20 of them can come in the club with 500 other folks, and they expect you to stop and play their music most of the rest of the night. And if you try to tell them most of the the other people in here that come every week don't want to hear all that bounce, they will say without hesitation, fuck them other people, play what we want.

One night they kept harassing me, so I put on "Fuck Katrina", and when they starting shouting it out, I cut the music and said, "Yall asses wasn't saying that shit when yall was stuck on that damn interstate." They didn't bother me the rest of the night.

I
djsmoothmood 9:29 PM - 27 July, 2007
I love it when, after you say you will throw in some bounce, they stay at the dj booth until you play it...then want you to play some "new" bounce...hell, I JUST got some of the classics! But I love my La. people b/c they party ALL night and the women will drink you under the table...and fuck the shit outta you later. They are a different breed...
DJ LTIZZZLE 11:59 AM - 30 January, 2009
Nice thread...

I'm looking for who sings these lyrics "Do it baby stick it, do it baby stick. Pop that thang girl.. what what pop that thang girl" then it goes into "It must be hair cause it ain't your face..
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:14 PM - 30 January, 2009
Aint that bg ft 5th ward weebie
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:16 PM - 30 January, 2009
Bg "Work Dat A$%"[featuring 5th Ward Weebie]
DJ LTIZZZLE 2:19 PM - 30 January, 2009
awww yeah.. I think so

I'll have to double check and see if i got.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:25 PM - 30 January, 2009
Its kinda hard to say for sure because so much stuff is repeated in bouce tracks but I know weebie LOVES sayin it must be yo [insert here] cause it aint yo face haha. Im a new orleans kid and I LOOOOVEEE bounce had to move to mobile after the damn hurricane
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:26 PM - 30 January, 2009
Oh and its off bg heart of the streetz album too
DJ LTIZZZLE 2:42 PM - 30 January, 2009
naw it's an older song fam.. Cause in the same song it's a chick saying she's the bitchy the bitchy..
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:53 PM - 30 January, 2009
that dosent help too much either...thats another sayin thats in hella bounce tracks haha
DJ LTIZZZLE 2:59 PM - 30 January, 2009
yeah i know

i'm thinkin it was the reply to Dj Jimi. But by a female
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:02 PM - 30 January, 2009
im sure i have it, im lookin through my ipod now but it may be on my computer at the house
DJ LTIZZZLE 3:06 PM - 30 January, 2009
word thanks bru
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:39 PM - 30 January, 2009
DJ jimmi where they at (bitches reply
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:39 PM - 30 January, 2009
*DJ jimmi where they at (bitches reply)
DJ LTIZZZLE 3:42 PM - 30 January, 2009
yep.. that sounds right