DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

LOL @ People Trying to be DJ's. (read this)

ninos 3:40 AM - 17 May, 2011
okay, crazy crazy day for me.

i know a friend who goes to a different school. he calls himself a DJ because he goes on hotnewhiphop.com and looks a new songs. doesnt own a LAPTOP,or anything close related to djing (decks,mixers,headphones) , (type of kid that trys to be a big shot at school)

okay, so. im eating lunch today with some buds and i get a phone call from a random number:

her: hey is this ninos?
me: yes, wats up?
her: hey, i go to.. so and so school and was wondering if were all set for the 1 hour DJ session you and Rony are going to do (rony = kid at other school)
me: woooaaahhhhh what the heck, dj session tomorow at your school during lunch time?
her: yes rony called me and said that hes supplying the turntables and speakers
me: okay, let me call rony, ill give u call back....

Rony and me convo:

me: rony, WTF man who said WERE djing tomorow?
rony: hey bro, yea man i called her and said i can dj for her but i need your help
me: what do you need FROM me?
rony: i need to borrow your turntables and laptop and stuff so i can dj
(rony knows RATS ASS about DJING)
me: rony no, thats not going to happen, you called the day before without even asking me?? no, FUCK that.
rony: okay bro well can you come and dj then, ill just come alone and help you out
me: no rony, im not getting paid, you booked me without asking me, you want to borrow my stuff no, its not happening.
rony: NINOS BRO they need us man, i told them i would and it will be awesome
me: rony, you messsed up its not gunna happen.
rony: ninos can you just bring your laptop so we can play music then?
me: no rony NO. its not happening. next time ask me before you make plans.
**hangs up**

convo between me and chick from other school:

me: hey, sorry. i cant dj for you tomorow.
her: oh, why not! rony said you would, we will give you lunch and everything
me: no sorry, i cant. rony needs to know how to ask before he plans things.
her: can you please bring an ipod or something? we need music during hour lunch hour
me: no sorry, i cant.
*hangs up*

like fuck ME. people thinking there a DJ. this is the thing in my career so far that had me pissed of the most. for real. Damn. just the fact that he BOOKED me without any type of message or anything! frick.

end rant.
djbanno 3:46 AM - 17 May, 2011
Phone menu--->contacts--->Rony--->DELETE.
Mike_P 4:13 AM - 17 May, 2011
i feel you...but instead of getting upset you couldve turned that into some cash in your pocket. if the chick was really that hard up for a DJ i'm sure she would've found a way to pay you. probably even pool her resources to get what ever you asked for that was in reason. couldn't have hurt to quote her instead of just say "no." live and learn youngn
Dj Shamann 4:24 AM - 17 May, 2011
It's all about Ro-ny, he booked us a gig but he's pho-ny,
He told some chick that he knows me,
But I won't play for no mo-ny
The two ah dem argument trow mi, trow mi, trow mi!
str8nger 4:27 AM - 17 May, 2011
o hell na slap that fool ! wtf thats hella shady man
ninos 4:30 AM - 17 May, 2011
mike_p, i thought about it, untill she said shes paying me in lunch and a drink...
DJ TOGTFO 4:58 AM - 17 May, 2011
Who. Cares.....
DJ Unique 5:32 AM - 17 May, 2011
I can't believe you're not gonna do it for a school lunch and drink.
That's some serious $$$ dude.
It's at least $3 or so.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:47 PM - 17 May, 2011
i heard about your uncle rony to im sorry lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:48 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
i feel you...but instead of getting upset you couldve turned that into some cash in your pocket. if the chick was really that hard up for a DJ i'm sure she would've found a way to pay you. probably even pool her resources to get what ever you asked for that was in reason. couldn't have hurt to quote her instead of just say "no." live and learn youngn

lol dude hes talkin about a highschool chick what resources is she gonna pull together to get up enough cash to book him
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:51 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:

LMFAO

I heard about your homeboy ronny to im sorry
heard he played himself tryna book you for a party
I know he says it everyday hes your biggest fan
hes even got that mixtape that you made in band
Dubplate10" 1:03 PM - 17 May, 2011
Did the right move as it sounds boring anyway
Kadilac 1:17 PM - 17 May, 2011
How old are you Ninos?
What about "other" forms of payment from the chick?
What about all the other chicks that will see you doing your thing?
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:25 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
How old are you Ninos?
What about "other" forms of payment from the chick?
What about all the other chicks that will see you doing your thing?

you shold know this, everyone knows ninos is 16, hes been 16 for like 6 years now lol
Dubplate10" 1:28 PM - 17 May, 2011
I was thinking the same Kadilac, he should be playing for free and tapping the bird after as payment or one of her mates ;)
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:19 PM - 17 May, 2011
I would have been like, "I need ass or cash"
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:22 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:

Rony and me convo:

DJkahar aka Skyscraper : rony, WTF man who said WERE djing tomorow?
rony: hey bro, yea man i called her and said i can dj for her but i need your help
DJkahar aka Skyscraper : what do you need FROM me?
rony: i need to borrow your turntables and laptop and stuff so i can dj
(rony knows RATS ASS about DJING)
DJkahar aka Skyscraper : rony no, thats not going to happen, you called the day before without even asking me?? no, FUCK that.
rony: okay bro well can you come and dj then, ill just come alone and help you out
DJkahar aka Skyscraper : no rony, im not getting paid, you booked me without asking me, you want to borrow my stuff no, its not happening.
rony: NINOS BRO they need us man, i told them i would and it will be awesome
DJkahar aka Skyscraper : rony, you messsed up its not gunna happen.
rony: ninos can you just bring your laptop so we can play music then?
DJkahar aka Skyscraper : I need ass or cash
**hangs up**
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:31 PM - 17 May, 2011
lol fuckin Bezzle. I guess I should have clarified, I would have told the chick I need ass or cash.
DJ.AJ 4:44 PM - 17 May, 2011
lol
reggae delgado 4:59 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:

lol
vinylmanipulator 5:01 PM - 17 May, 2011
lol
DJYoshi 5:08 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:

AGREED! followed by
Quote:

on the real though.. I get a lot of requests from people to do promo 1 off's. Take it IF
the following meets your liking:
1. she's hot
2. she's really really hot
3. (if 1=true proceed with): I'll agree to do the event in exchange for promotional support by you, your friends, and the club in handing out mixtapes & fliers around school, their friends' schools, at your events etc. Quickly backed by: agreement of 6 exclusive bookings at your normal rate throughout the year. You just made yourself a long term deal to bring you thousands down the line
4. (if 2=true proceed with):I'll agree to do the event in exchange for promotional support by you, your friends, and the club in handing out mixtapes & fliers around school, their friends' schools, at your events etc. Quickly backed by: agreement of 4-6 exclusive bookings at your normal rate throughout the year.

IF 1 nor 2 = TRUE proceed to step 5.
5. I'll agree to do the event in exchange for promotional support by you, your friends, and the club in handing out mixtapes & fliers around school, their friends' schools, at your events etc. Quickly backed by: agreement of 12 exclusive bookings at your normal rate throughout the year on a monthly basis. You just made yourself even MORE $ from your uncle ronny.
DJ Benny B NYC 5:25 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:

this is amazing
ninos 5:26 PM - 17 May, 2011
Lol you guys r crazzzzy and btw im 15. Haha
Dj_KaGeN 5:28 PM - 17 May, 2011
do it for the nookie
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:45 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

AGREED! followed by

Quote:

on the real though.. I get a lot of requests from people to do promo 1 off's. Take it IF
the following meets your liking:
1. she's hot
2. she's really really hot
3. (if 1=true proceed with): I'll agree to do the event in exchange for promotional support by you, your friends, and the club in handing out mixtapes & fliers around school, their friends' schools, at your events etc. Quickly backed by: agreement of 6 exclusive bookings at your normal rate throughout the year. You just made yourself a long term deal to bring you thousands down the line
4. (if 2=true proceed with):I'll agree to do the event in exchange for promotional support by you, your friends, and the club in handing out mixtapes & fliers around school, their friends' schools, at your events etc. Quickly backed by: agreement of 4-6 exclusive bookings at your normal rate throughout the year.

IF 1 nor 2 = TRUE proceed to step 5.
5. I'll agree to do the event in exchange for promotional support by you, your friends, and the club in handing out mixtapes & fliers around school, their friends' schools, at your events etc. Quickly backed by: agreement of 12 exclusive bookings at your normal rate throughout the year on a monthly basis. You just made yourself even MORE $ from your uncle ronny.

im gonna write a choose your own adventure book chronicaling ninos dj career
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:45 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
Lol you guys r crazzzzy and btw im 15. Haha

6 years and you got younger...what are you benjamin button
DJ SPAIR 6:56 PM - 17 May, 2011
Ninos, you did the right the thing.
dj_soo 7:13 PM - 17 May, 2011
People are stupid. I agree.
Dubplate10" 7:40 PM - 17 May, 2011
You should have seen this as playing for free for an hour and then making bookings and also getting handfulls of poon the side!

Big up Rony I say, sounds like a sex pest who knows the score :)
DJ_Phenom 8:09 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
You should have seen this as playing for free for an hour and then making bookings and also getting handfulls of poon the side!

Big up Rony I say, sounds like a sex pest who knows the score :)

whats the 411 on pest vargas...
Dubplate10" 8:51 PM - 17 May, 2011
not sure on the 411, but in England it will get you around 3-5 years inside the nick :)
ninos 9:53 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
Ninos, you did the right the thing.

thanks fam
Sureshot (PA) 3:50 AM - 18 May, 2011
i probably would have done the gig. man, when i was in high school i just loved playing. the money aspect hadn't even factored in. i played anywhere i could. it wasn't very profitable for me at the time but 10 years later, i'm DJ professionally and getting paid well. i built my skills with a live audience early on in my career and it was pretty fun socially to DJ for different crowds.

djing for free as a grownup is a different set of problems than DJing for free in high school.

the rest just sounds like typical high school shit. you'll have to figure that out on your own.
ninos 5:53 AM - 18 May, 2011
kmon man, i dont know the chick. i had no ride there, had to pack up all my shit and somehow get it over there for an hour? and for no pay? makes no sense to me.

i DJed at my school for a lunch hour which i got payed 150$, it also took away my first 3 periods of the day to setup and soundcheck (which wasnt to bad)

my situatuion was shitty. real shitty. pissed me off to. but who cares. today is another day.

another day = another dollar.
DJ Hooked 6:01 AM - 18 May, 2011
topless t-o-p-l-e-s-s
DJ Lewshis 6:36 AM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
i DJed at my school for a lunch hour which i got payed 150$, it also took away my first 3 periods of the day to setup and soundcheck (which wasnt to bad)

Wow. Lucky!!! All I'm gettin paid for doin my school yearbook party is a yearbook and a t-shirt. And I only get to miss my 6th (last) period. I ain't gonna trip over this though, cause I was gonna buy a yearbook anyway and I love DJing.

This is what I've got the problem with:
Since I got suspended for all of last week for a shitty situation, they aren't letting me DJ during lunch anymore. I tried for over a year and a half to be allowed to do that.. Now they're giving the lunchtime gigs to my homie. What sucks is the homie that got all my gigs is one who rolls with me and I'm really cool with, so I can't complain and try to get my gigs back without lookin like a dick. I just ain't like that. If I didn't know him, then it's a different story, but since I do, I'm fucked.
I had 3 more days of DJing during lunch this year, PLUS they were letting me DJ the Senior BBQ and I'd be the only sophomore allowed there.
AND they gave every single gig they had me booked for, next year, to my homie.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:14 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
i probably would have done the gig. man, when i was in high school i just loved playing. the money aspect hadn't even factored in. i played anywhere i could. it wasn't very profitable for me at the time but 10 years later, i'm DJ professionally and getting paid well. i built my skills with a live audience early on in my career and it was pretty fun socially to DJ for different crowds.

djing for free as a grownup is a different set of problems than DJing for free in high school.

the rest just sounds like typical high school shit. you'll have to figure that out on your own.

ya but the difference is ninos ALREADY MAKIN THAT MONEY, takin steps backwards aint part of the game
DJ TOGTFO 4:53 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

ya but the difference is ninos ALREADY MAKIN THAT MONEY, takin steps backwards aint part of the game

Ninos aint makin shit.
Discobee 5:02 PM - 18 May, 2011
I would've given the Rony dude a mp3 player filled with premade mixes that had alot of hard hip hop songs with curse words and punk him that way. The look on the administrators faces would have been priceless!
DJYoshi 5:05 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

IMHO even if you're making crazy loot, adding something else could be good.
I make descent $, but I DJ a fashion series for a PR agency for free b/c I know that on the back end I'll accomplish more by the people that are invited to the events.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:20 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ninos aint makin shit.

lol u gotta be kiddin ninos making that juice box money.......waits for random rapper to stumble on that and make it a single
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:21 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

IMHO even if you're making crazy loot, adding something else could be good.
I make descent $, but I DJ a fashion series for a PR agency for free b/c I know that on the back end I'll accomplish more by the people that are invited to the events.

I stand corrected, if yoshi says it it must be true
ninos 5:22 PM - 18 May, 2011
Over the year and a half ive been djing with my equmientment i already made the money back + more.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:23 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
Over the year and a half ive been djing with my equmientment i already made the money back + more.

NIIIINOOOS GEETTTIN THAT JUICE BOX MONNAAAAYYYYYYY
ninos 5:26 PM - 18 May, 2011
No honestly. For the amount that i dj and thr amount i make for beibg 15 years old and its something i enjoy doing. Im happy. #realtalk
Sureshot (PA) 8:24 PM - 18 May, 2011
glad i was more hungry back in my day. if that' was my "realtalk", i'd have burnt out on DJing in my early 20s and be working in an office right now instead of sitting in my studio. ha! #not14yearoldtalk
ninos 10:08 PM - 18 May, 2011
well, im just doing it for the sake that i love music and djing. and i get paid for it. so im happy.
reggae delgado 10:15 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Wow. Lucky!!! All I'm gettin paid for doin my school yearbook party is a yearbook and a t-shirt. And I only get to miss my 6th (last) period. I ain't gonna trip over this though, cause I was gonna buy a yearbook anyway and I love DJing.

Since I got suspended for all of last week for a shitty situation, they aren't letting me DJ during lunch anymore. I tried for over a year and a half to be allowed to do that.. Now they're giving the lunchtime gigs to my homie. What sucks is the homie that got all my gigs is one who rolls with me and I'm really cool with, so I can't complain and try to get my gigs back without lookin like a dick. I just ain't like that. If I didn't know him, then it's a different story, but since I do, I'm fucked.
I had 3 more days of DJing during lunch this year, PLUS they were letting me DJ the Senior BBQ and I'd be the only sophomore allowed there.

If he's your homie he sould be down to let you back on with him as soon as your discipline stuff is cleared up. In the mean time, you should talk to the administrators about how to "restore the justice" so you can get back on the decks at lunch. And hopefully you can show that you learned how a "shitty situation" can mess up what you want to be your career.
Way better to have a your "shitty situation" like that... mine was at my first ever house party (i was the same age) and too many of the wrong folks got invited... Lots of shots fired, multiple injuries, one fatality, and most everybody's equipment got stolen. I was lucky to get away with my life... but there are plenty of "shitty situations" in life and ESPECIALLY the DJ game, and lots of shitty people attracted to it as well. And if this is your dream, don't let ANY situation get in the way.
DJ Remy USA 10:30 PM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:

+1000 ninos call her back and get on that quick. Tell u changed your mind but she owes you a movie and popcorn on Saturday night. Make ya move then bro

......married guy living through the young ones
Marx&Villain 11:48 PM - 18 May, 2011
dont let these guys give u shit lol, the money will increase as ur skills grow and u get older. keep working on ur game practice practice practice, its also good to get comfortable with different audiences
DJ Lewshis 6:12 AM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
In the mean time, you should talk to the administrators about how to "restore the justice" so you can get back on the decks at lunch. And hopefully you can show that you learned how a "shitty situation" can mess up what you want to be your career.

They're blowing the situation out of proportion /:
Here's what went down:
I missed a test in my math class, so she sent me outta class into another teacher's room while they reviewed the test. In the room, I was texting someone on my phone because a good friend of mine died the day before and I was feelin down about it. The teacher comes over and snatches the phone outta my hand. So I'm like "Wow, that's gay." and she goes "No, you wanna know what's gay? You texting on your phone." So I stand up and say what a bitch as I walk outta the class. I go and sit in front of my classroom and my teacher tells me to get back where she put me, so I go to the other room and the other teacher wouldn't let me in, so I sat down in a desk right outside of the class. Then my teacher comes over and is like "Why are you out here?" So I tell her what happened and she said that I was wrong and is gonna write me up. Then I tried to explain to her how well I knew the kid who died (An e-mail was sent out letting teachers know what happened, so they would lighten up on students for a day). She responded with "I don't care about your friend." and I said "You're kidding me, right?" and as I'm saying that, she walked into the other class and talked to the teacher. They both wrote me up and made me look so bad in the incident report. Like, the one teacher quoted exactly what I said to her, but she denied saying "You wanna know what's gay?" by saying "I let him know that I didn't like him having his phone out."

They wouldn't listen to my side at all.....
DJ Lewshis 6:13 AM - 19 May, 2011
And they're trying to say I don't like homosexuals because I used gay as a diss.
ninos 6:17 AM - 19 May, 2011
Hurtinnnnnnng. I love how teachers think there top notch. Fuck em.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:27 AM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
And they're trying to say I don't like homosexuals because I used gay as a diss.

LMFAO, i skipped the bg explanation saw this and immediatley scrolled back up to read the full write up lol
DJYoshi 3:29 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
No honestly. For the amount that i dj and thr amount i make for beibg 15 years old and its something i enjoy doing. Im happy. #realtalk

if you're happy you're happy...but if you're seriously thinking about planning a future around this game think about
marketing, promotions & putting up with people's bullshit for the greater good...
Not saying be a push over...but learn when to bitch and when not to.
think of long-term goals/pricing and execute.
Just b/c you're happy today doesn't mean there's not a bigger tomorrow.if you've profited already..that's a +.
But it's a law of lifestyle & demands..... as the demands of your business grow..the demands on you become greater...the more $ you start making and realizing you can do this full time...the more $ you're gonna have to bring in...... considering the avg household income in the US is 51k, by the time you're 18, you should be pushing to make that and more so you can support yourself through college...etc.
#realtalk
#justsayin
#life

Quote:
glad i was more hungry back in my day. if that' was my "realtalk", i'd have burnt out on DJing in my early 20s and be working in an office right now instead of sitting in my studio. ha! #not14yearoldtalk

damn Sureshot...what's wrong with sitting in an office? I'm sitting in 1 right now... I mean it's mine..but i'm sitting in 1
Dj Shamann 5:20 PM - 19 May, 2011
Shut it down! Seriously, no disrespect to you "business" cats but you guys are going way too far on this one and to the point where you're just showing off. He had someone "represent" him who he doesn't want representing him and didn't even care to tell him about it, he wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for that third party call. Yoshi you're talking about your yearly charity gigs, major difference YOU ARE AWARE of them.

I do this for a living too and the last thing I'm going to do is have someone I didn't even authorize to go and make deals for me behind my back, and then if they did and I found out a day before the gig, I'm damn sure not going to drop everything I'm doing just to just to deliver for some cat who was only trying to help himself... not me.

I am not that desperate for a gig and if I did drop everything like you guys suggest Ninos should've done for the sake of his future career (LOL) then it would be known that I was a pushover and people would try to pull that shit on the regular.

And then you want to talk about, well he should've done this one for free under the stipulations of 12 date contract... these people said to him "well, do you think you can bring an ipod?"

LOL does this sound like the type of people who are going to give him a 12 date contract at rate? They don't give a shit about him or any dj, they just want music.

Seriously man, I know this seems directed at you entirely Yoshi, it's not, there were others in the thread being hard on the kid too (no pedo) but you guys are going overboard on this one.

Ninos is a kid who I see on here get a lot of respect because he's taking the time to do it right, he has all the right gear and puts time and effort in this shit and he's supposed to just play freejay to save face for some jackass? nah son, it don't work like that.

You guys are giving him shit for #14yearoldtalk... well no shit, that's what he is. It's easy to be our age and talk all this "sensible" shit as if we had it all figured out, but our minds play tricks on us when we're older and we only remember all the good shit instead of the part where we didn't know WTF it was we were doing. Give him time, let him make mistakes on his own, and when he does and he needs help, he'll bring it here, if not that's on him. In the meantime try and remember that who you're talking to before you go so hard on the should'a would'a could'a

And this is not meant to call any of you guys out, I respect you guys for being able to do what you do as a business just as I have been able to do, but I'm just saying, look at what's going on in this thread.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:29 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
Shut it down! Seriously, no disrespect to you "business" cats but you guys are going way too far on this one and to the point where you're just showing off. He had someone "represent" him who he doesn't want representing him and didn't even care to tell him about it, he wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for that third party call. Yoshi you're talking about your yearly charity gigs, major difference YOU ARE AWARE of them.

I do this for a living too and the last thing I'm going to do is have someone I didn't even authorize to go and make deals for me behind my back, and then if they did and I found out a day before the gig, I'm damn sure not going to drop everything I'm doing just to just to deliver for some cat who was only trying to help himself... not me.

I am not that desperate for a gig and if I did drop everything like you guys suggest Ninos should've done for the sake of his future career (LOL) then it would be known that I was a pushover and people would try to pull that shit on the regular.

And then you want to talk about, well he should've done this one for free under the stipulations of 12 date contract... these people said to him "well, do you think you can bring an ipod?"

LOL does this sound like the type of people who are going to give him a 12 date contract at rate? They don't give a shit about him or any dj, they just want music.

Seriously man, I know this seems directed at you entirely Yoshi, it's not, there were others in the thread being hard on the kid too (no pedo) but you guys are going overboard on this one.

Ninos is a kid who I see on here get a lot of respect because he's taking the time to do it right, he has all the right gear and puts time and effort in this shit and he's supposed to just play freejay to save face for some jackass? nah son, it don't work like that.

You guys are giving him shit for #14yearoldtalk... well no shit, that's what he is. It's easy to be our age and talk all this "sensible" shit as if we had it all figured out, but our minds play tricks on us when we're older and we only remember all the good shit instead of the part where we didn't know WTF it was we were doing. Give him time, let him make mistakes on his own, and when he does and he needs help, he'll bring it here, if not that's on him. In the meantime try and remember that who you're talking to before you go so hard on the should'a would'a could'a

And this is not meant to call any of you guys out, I respect you guys for being able to do what you do as a business just as I have been able to do, but I'm just saying, look at what's going on in this thread.

+100 on all this, now im not bashing the advice in this thread, alot of people gave great advice but im with what ninos did because who knows what else dude promised this chick...and to everyone saying ninos shoulda done it for the cookie, i dont see that happenin, not because he dosent have game but because ronnie sounds like a cock block, the most likley senario would be ronnie lookin like a fool thinkin hes cool just long enough (2 songs top) for ninos ninja dj training to take over and push dude out the way to show the crowd what real skills are, then ronnie strolls over and puts the mack down and winds up under the bleachers while ninos is over there puttin in free work to a crowd who couldnt care less
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:30 PM - 19 May, 2011
Plus if you do it this time that just gives ronnie free reign to drop your name and say youll do a gig for a girl to get him some pussey whenever he sees fit and in the long run thats gonna mess ninos rep up with him "backing out of gigs" he never wanted in the 1st place
Dj Shamann 5:34 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
im not bashing the advice in this thread, alot of people gave great advice

Definitely

quote]but im with what ninos did because who knows what else dude promised this chick...and to everyone saying ninos shoulda done it for the cookie, i dont see that happenin, not because he dosent have game but because ronnie sounds like a cock block, the most likley senario would be ronnie lookin like a fool thinkin hes cool just long enough (2 songs top) for ninos ninja dj training to take over and push dude out the way to show the crowd what real skills are, then ronnie strolls over and puts the mack down and winds up under the bleachers while ninos is over there puttin in free work to a crowd who couldnt care less

Exactly

Quote:
Plus if you do it this time that just gives ronnie free reign to drop your name and say youll do a gig for a girl to get him some pussey whenever he sees fit and in the long run thats gonna mess ninos rep up with him "backing out of gigs" he never wanted in the 1st place

Hammer + nail = hit that shit on the head.
Dj Shamann 5:34 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote fail = can we get an edit feature in here already?

Quote:
im not bashing the advice in this thread, alot of people gave great advice

Definitely

Quote:
but im with what ninos did because who knows what else dude promised this chick...and to everyone saying ninos shoulda done it for the cookie, i dont see that happenin, not because he dosent have game but because ronnie sounds like a cock block, the most likley senario would be ronnie lookin like a fool thinkin hes cool just long enough (2 songs top) for ninos ninja dj training to take over and push dude out the way to show the crowd what real skills are, then ronnie strolls over and puts the mack down and winds up under the bleachers while ninos is over there puttin in free work to a crowd who couldnt care less

Exactly

Quote:

Hammer + nail = hit that shit on the head.
ninos 7:31 PM - 19 May, 2011
Thanks shamann. Appreciate homie
DJYoshi 8:12 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:

Shamann, I respect your opinion nor was I ever bashing on Ninos for anything. I just gave my perspective from a business stand point what I would've done to hustle for a long term instead of a short term. Yes they wanted a jukebox DJ. Yes, they didn't seem like the typical people to try to sign a long-term deal... and I don't hate on what/how Ninos acted to defuse the situation.... I just gave my side as a business person while throwing stupid jokes in to lighten it up.
we're all in a learning experience everyday.... 1/2 the time I have no freakin clue what i'm doing or how I'll handle something.. I ask for advice from a ton of insiders and outsiders on a regular basis.
I always thought that the more angles that I can view on any situation... the better prepared I'll be for next time... and that's why I said what I said...
but to everyone..please don't get it twisted and think b/c I spoke my peace I was meaning for it to be an end all be all type of post... just throwing my pennies into the pot...
and from a personal stand point... on the dropping everything for a gig and being made seem like a pushover??? I think that it's how you approach it/handle it... if you come back at people in a professional light...they'll treat you more professionally.
just b/c you say yes, doesn't make you a pushover...at least that's what I think.
Dj Shamann 8:27 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
I always thought that the more angles that I can view on any situation... the better prepared I'll be for next time... and that's why I said what I said...

No doubt, and I can respect that. i just felt as there was an overwhelming amount should'a would'a coulda's from people who can easily say that from their position, neglecting the position that Ninos is in, and for where he's at in this game I think he's already got a good understanding of what goes on so I thought the thread just needed to lighten up for a second, that's all.

Besides if he had've took the free gig that would've been a whole other can of worms from the anti-freejay crowd. ;p
DJYoshi 8:30 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

No doubt, and I can respect that. i just felt as there was an overwhelming amount should'a would'a coulda's from people who can easily say that from their position, neglecting the position that Ninos is in, and for where he's at in this game I think he's already got a good understanding of what goes on so I thought the thread just needed to lighten up for a second, that's all.

Besides if he had've took the free gig that would've been a whole other can of worms from the anti-freejay crowd. ;p

completely understood. I didn't mean for m y post to be serious..which is why I included the if/and/or statements....
and the anti-freejay people can suck it... yup.. and I'll say it again... if you can do something to further your career and is worthwhile in your eyes...then do it....
Like I said, I donate my services a few times a year for charity events and other non profit events b/c of the people that will be there.... and I know I definitely made my $ back and then some by doing those freejay events.
yaeLBrown 8:36 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
topless t-o-p-l-e-s-s

Don't say the coupe is topless say the titties are out.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:47 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:

the anti-freejay people can suck it... yup.. and I'll say it again... if you can do something to further your career and is worthwhile in your eyes...then do it....
Like I said, I donate my services a few times a year for charity events and other non profit events b/c of the people that will be there.... and I know I definitely made my $ back and then some by doing those freejay events.

Your talking about a completley different senario than what my anti-freejay coalition is talking about, if you get the chance to do a charity gig for free or someone gets you to do A gig for free to impress them then by all means further your career and jump on the oppritunity and capitalize on it. The problem we have is for the unskilled person whos using "djing for the love of music" to undercut existing DJs, im sorry but if your playing for free week in and week out your NOT furthering your career, your setting a low expectation price tag on yourself that others will expect in the future and youll become accustomed to. Also if your skills arent enough to get someone to pay you your doing your career a diservice by displaying them in public before they've ripened to the point they should be.

I wouldnt have hated on ninos if he did that gig for free, hes been in the clubhouse long enough to understand all the basics of the busniess, any 15 year old kid who can get the schools (which are letting teachers go left and right over financial issues) to PAY HIM to be at school....where hed have to be anyways lol is doin good in my book.

Also i agree with 99.99999% of with what you say on here but i think "if you can do something to further your career and is worthwhile in your eyes" is kind of a slippery slope, i could easily backstab, betray, cut throats of, and overall disrespect several DJs in my area to get my career furthered but I never will, there needs to be a qualifier on that statment IMHO, but thats just my personal code.
DJJorel 9:19 PM - 19 May, 2011
Man...after all that...I really still only have one question:

Are there any hot female teachers there?
(Damn....now that Van Halen video is stuck in my head)

Van Halen...yes, I'm old...
reggae delgado 9:33 PM - 19 May, 2011
To go back to the other High school story in this thread...

Quote:
So I stand up and say what a bitch as I walk outta the class.

Like I said, don't let any "shitty situation" get in the way of your dreams. When you get paying gig in a club, try saying that to the promoter or club owner... you will wish you got a 5 day suspension instead. Especially if you say that after doing something you know you're not supposed to do and getting caught. (Like the DJ I saw last thursday try to go behind the bar and make himself a drink!)
Sorry to hear about your friend, too, that is real tough. But we all got jobs and believe me when push comes to shove feelings don't matter... and that teacher doesn't care about your friend, just like you wouldn't care about her divorce if she used that as an excuse to break school rules and call you a bitch.

Sorry can't check the teacher in me.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:35 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:

When you get paying gig in a club, try saying that to the promoter or club owner

lol ive done that to more than one promoter

Quote:

Like the DJ I saw last thursday try to go behind the bar and make himself a drink!)

Are you not supposed to do that? Every bar ive worked in gave me free access to make my own drinks??
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:37 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
To go back to the other High school story in this thread...

Quote:
So I stand up and say what a bitch as I walk outta the class.

Like I said, don't let any "shitty situation" get in the way of your dreams. When you get paying gig in a club, try saying that to the promoter or club owner... you will wish you got a 5 day suspension instead. Especially if you say that after doing something you know you're not supposed to do and getting caught. (Like the DJ I saw last thursday try to go behind the bar and make himself a drink!)
Sorry to hear about your friend, too, that is real tough. But we all got jobs and believe me when push comes to shove feelings don't matter... and that teacher doesn't care about your friend, just like you wouldn't care about her divorce if she used that as an excuse to break school rules and call you a bitch.

Sorry can't check the teacher in me.

i do agree with the rest of it, the most important lesson you can learn in life is that for the most part outside of your VERY personal relationships (GF wife, mom dad bro sis best best friend), noone gives a shit about you or your problems especially in a professional enviroment, everyones got their own and everyone thinks theres are the most important in the world so you cant use that as an excuse to fuck up.

you ARE aware that whole thing WAS your fuck up right??
reggae delgado 9:43 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
When you get paying gig in a club, try saying that to the promoter or club owner

Quote:
Like the DJ I saw last thursday try to go behind the bar and make himself a drink!)

Are you not supposed to do that? Every bar ive worked in gave me free access to make my own drinks??

Oh yeah, I've said it, too... but not to a promoter/owner that I ever wanted to work with again and that I didn't know I could take... and I can only fight so many bouncers at one time. But it was a long time ago I stopped working with anyone I'd need to call a bitch.

As far as going behind the bar... yeah, at my homie's spot it's not a problem. But most places I play I am not getting paid to do all that... plus it can be a pretty serious violation of a liquor license. Either way, when you get caught doin something you shouldn't do, don't call the person who caught you a bitch (general survival advice).
reggae delgado 9:47 PM - 19 May, 2011
Oh and can we finally stop saying "that's gay." I can't imagine hearing something I didn't like and saying "that's nigger" or "that's chinkey" or any other slur/identifier. If you got the energy to disagree with something, then you have the energy to come up with a better reason!
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:49 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Oh yeah, I've said it, too... but not to a promoter/owner that I ever wanted to work with again and that I didn't know I could take... and I can only fight so many bouncers at one time. But it was a long time ago I stopped working with anyone I'd need to call a bitch.

As far as going behind the bar... yeah, at my homie's spot it's not a problem. But most places I play I am not getting paid to do all that... plus it can be a pretty serious violation of a liquor license. Either way, when you get caught doin something you shouldn't do, don't call the person who caught you a bitch (general survival advice).

lol good info, i may not get paid alot at my spot but i make up for it with MASSIVE quantities of free liquor, matter of fact we had a few cases of abosolute mango (YUCK) that noone was buying so the owner goes who the fuck is gonna drink this stuff....I KNOW bezzle will drink anythinghere ya go, 5 big bottles of absolute mango. WHat really shocked her was when i showed up the next fri and told her i finished em all already lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:50 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
Oh and can we finally stop saying "that's gay." I can't imagine hearing something I didn't like and saying "that's nigger" or "that's chinkey" or any other slur/identifier. If you got the energy to disagree with something, then you have the energy to come up with a better reason!

i thought gay meant happy anyways, like well have a gaaaaaayyyyyyy ooollllldddd tiiiiiimmmmee YABBADABBA DOO
DJ Remy USA 10:33 PM - 19 May, 2011
I still say he shoulda put the girl on game and tried to get nookie. but ehh whatever you did what you felt you had too ninos
DJ Lewshis 11:55 PM - 19 May, 2011
Thank you all for taking the time to respond to what I said.

Quote:

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. It was my bad and now I'm paying left and right. I've gotta work my @$$ off to be allowed to be allowed back. I've been trying to get teacher recommendations every day after school, helping teachers after school, and many other things I am too lazy to list.
I just got done with DJing the yearbook signing party for my school. Since it wasn't IN my school and the teacher really wanted me to DJ it, I was allowed to DJ. After an hour and a half, there was no one, but the yearbook students and a few administrators cleaning up. I kept playing for another hour until they got finished cleaning up. During that time, my principle came up to me and started talking to me about how good he thinks I am, I denied it and said I messed up a few times and was disappointed in myself and wished I did better. He told me not to worry about it cause he didn't notice it and he doesn't think anyone else did. He also respects the fact that I was playing the extra time for everyone. He then said "I know about your suspension situation and honestly at first, I expected some cocky, big headed sophomore who was just doing it for the money and wouldn't want to give me the time of day. But now, after I've actually listened to you DJ, I met you, I notice all the extra things you're doing for all of us today, and you seem really good hearted and respectful. I really have a different viewpoint about you and I'm going to talk to all the other administrators to get you allowed back."
reggae delgado 11:58 PM - 19 May, 2011
Quote:
Thank you all for taking the time to respond to what I said.

Quote:

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. It was my bad and now I'm paying left and right. I've gotta work my @$$ off to be allowed to be allowed back. I've been trying to get teacher recommendations every day after school, helping teachers after school, and many other things I am too lazy to list.
I just got done with DJing the yearbook signing party for my school. Since it wasn't IN my school and the teacher really wanted me to DJ it, I was allowed to DJ. After an hour and a half, there was no one, but the yearbook students and a few administrators cleaning up. I kept playing for another hour until they got finished cleaning up. During that time, my principle came up to me and started talking to me about how good he thinks I am, I denied it and said I messed up a few times and was disappointed in myself and wished I did better. He told me not to worry about it cause he didn't notice it and he doesn't think anyone else did. He also respects the fact that I was playing the extra time for everyone. He then said "I know about your suspension situation and honestly at first, I expected some cocky, big headed sophomore who was just doing it for the money and wouldn't want to give me the time of day. But now, after I've actually listened to you DJ, I met you, I notice all the extra things you're doing for all of us today, and you seem really good hearted and respectful. I really have a different viewpoint about you and I'm going to talk to all the other administrators to get you allowed back."

Nice work! That's what I was talking about. I tell my students all the time that a person is not judged by their mistakes, they are judged by how they respond to them. You are making that work for you!
ninos 11:59 PM - 19 May, 2011
haha thanks fellas.
Quote:

only, 2 SEXY teachers in my school. both are MILFS. frick. (only like 800 in my school )
DJ Lewshis 1:20 AM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
Nice work! That's what I was talking about. I tell my students all the time that a person is not judged by their mistakes, they are judged by how they respond to them. You are making that work for you!

Thanks man! I'm gonna keep tryin my best and pray everything will work out for me. I believe everything happens for a reason.
ninos 1:32 AM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man! I'm gonna keep tryin my best and pray everything will work out for me. I believe everything happens for a reason.

+1, so true.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:46 AM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You need to go to detention.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:47 AM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
haha thanks fellas.

Quote:

only, 2 SEXY teachers in my school. both are MALES. frick. (only like 800 in my school )

PAUSE
ninos 2:49 AM - 20 May, 2011
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
DJYoshi 7:04 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
the anti-freejay people can suck it... yup.. and I'll say it again... if you can do something to further your career and is worthwhile in your eyes...then do it....

Your talking about a completley different senario than what my anti-freejay coalition is talking about, if you get the chance to do a charity gig for free or someone gets you to do A gig for free to impress them then by all means further your career and jump on the oppritunity and capitalize on it. The problem we have is for the unskilled person whos using "djing for the love of music" to undercut existing DJs, im sorry but if your playing for free week in and week out your NOT furthering your career, your setting a low expectation price tag on yourself that others will expect in the future and youll become accustomed to. Also if your skills arent enough to get someone to pay you your doing your career a diservice by displaying them in public before they've ripened to the point they should be.

I wouldnt have hated on ninos if he did that gig for free, hes been in the clubhouse long enough to understand all the basics of the busniess, any 15 year old kid who can get the schools (which are letting teachers go left and right over financial issues) to PAY HIM to be at school....where hed have to be anyways lol is doin good in my book.

Also i agree with 99.99999% of with what you say on here but i think "if you can do something to further your career and is worthwhile in your eyes" is kind of a slippery slope, i could easily backstab, betray, cut throats of, and overall disrespect several DJs in my area to get my career furthered but I never will, there needs to be a qualifier on that statment IMHO, but thats just my personal code.

I still love you bezz...and I agree with the freejay stuff if they're just doing it to undercut and set the bar low.....but you know what I meant by my statement...
if someone approaches you...let's say.... Maury Povich......asks to do his christmas event at an extreme discount..... I said.. yes b/c
1. i'm shopping tv shows
2. I know NBC execs would be there
3. he's just a cool person in general.
4. the people and venues in Stamford are spots I normally don't know/don't touch

and doing that 1 night for him back in December has paid back 20 times the amount that I would've gotten if I charged him straight up........not to mention the site and video mentions from the Maury Show....

that's what I mean by doing something to further your career in your eyes..
in no way do I mean do it by undercutting... I stay away from that sh**... as I'd hope others do too.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:37 PM - 20 May, 2011
Quote:

I still love you bezz...and I agree with the freejay stuff if they're just doing it to undercut and set the bar low.....but you know what I meant by my statement...
if someone approaches you...let's say.... Maury Povich......asks to do his christmas event at an extreme discount..... I said.. yes b/c
1. i'm shopping tv shows
2. I know NBC execs would be there
3. he's just a cool person in general.
4. the people and venues in Stamford are spots I normally don't know/don't touch

and doing that 1 night for him back in December has paid back 20 times the amount that I would've gotten if I charged him straight up........not to mention the site and video mentions from the Maury Show....

that's what I mean by doing something to further your career in your eyes..
in no way do I mean do it by undercutting... I stay away from that sh**... as I'd hope others do too.

I know what you meant and i agree with it 100% i wasnt trying to disagree or contest anything you said i was just clarrifying my own position on the freejay senario, alot of people think im of the camp where i wont even practice unless theres a paycheck in it lol, im all about skilled DJs who understand the game using a free gig as an opening gambit to get better placment in the right senario, the key is to have a clear vision of what your next moves are and the position you want to achieve due to it. Have a goal, have a path to your goal, then do whatever you need to do to obtain it. Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul!

I was just clarrifin for all the kids at home, cause puffy is good but MBezzle is fo da children.