DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I'm completely over flirting with Traktor...

thebuttonfreak 7:44 PM - 20 April, 2011
Ok, I really want an internal mixer and eq....and Midi out. For that using Traktor the last few weeks has been really cool. The new version is definitely a cool program that is on par with serato. I use SSL in internal mode without turntables so Traktor looked pretty appealing for a minute...but f*ck that. I went back to SSl last weekend, took some time and cut up a bunch of breaks and samples and learned how to use the bridge properly and whoa. It puts traktor to shame. I have abe right there and I can sync to a deck. I have an SL3 so I just pump ABE through the aux channel. I have an apc40 for midi control over SSL(and abe effects) and a novation launchpad for Abe control/buttonsmashing. It's amazing and way more intuitive than Traktor, plus the Gui is way better designed. It's worth not having an internal mixer. I'm done flirting with you Traktor, let's see what you do next time around. I'm excited to see how Serato responds to Traktor Duo now though.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:00 PM - 20 April, 2011
does this mean we can rest asssure knowing you are going to stop bitching about lack of sync every day?
SteadFast 8:04 PM - 20 April, 2011
lol
thebuttonfreak 8:26 PM - 20 April, 2011
um...I've never once asked for sync. Get you your facts straight omnipresent board member.
thebuttonfreak 8:27 PM - 20 April, 2011
I ask for an internal mixer every day. And no, that own't stop.
dj_soo 8:32 PM - 20 April, 2011
Post some videos. I've don't the whole playing sets in sera to with just a mixer and a midi controller for some gigs but I just found it really boring after a while... It's why I got itch...
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:34 PM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
Post some videos. I've don't the whole playing sets in sera to with just a mixer and a midi controller for some gigs but I just found it really boring after a while... It's why I got itch...

ive been asking him to post a video for close to a year now....i guess theres no button to push on his webcam
thebuttonfreak 8:38 PM - 20 April, 2011
I might make a video just to shut you up one day Bezzle.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:38 PM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
I might make a video just to shut you up one day Bezzle.

plllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss
ssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SteadFast 8:39 PM - 20 April, 2011
battle!
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:40 PM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
battle!

that wouldnt be a battle that would be a bloodbath......lol oh wait
SteadFast 8:41 PM - 20 April, 2011
Dj dexter?
thebuttonfreak 8:45 PM - 20 April, 2011
I'm not really a "battle" dj. So ya, I would get slaughtered in a proper battle.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:45 PM - 20 April, 2011
I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
SteadFast 8:46 PM - 20 April, 2011
bezzle beats the "button" dj.
SteadFast 8:47 PM - 20 April, 2011
Anyone know where I can get that friday track?
thebuttonfreak 8:52 PM - 20 April, 2011
ask Bezzle, he loves that tune.

Quote:
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:12 PM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

damn right www.yourremix.com
SteadFast 9:14 PM - 20 April, 2011
Thats what i was looking for the video version! Thanks!
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:17 PM - 20 April, 2011
anytime lol
SteadFast 11:15 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

It's a classic. Who doesn't love that tune?
AKIEM 11:24 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Ok, I really want an internal mixer and eq....and Midi out. For that using Traktor the last few weeks has been really cool. The new version is definitely a cool program that is on par with serato. I use SSL in internal mode without turntables so Traktor looked pretty appealing for a minute...but f*ck that. I went back to SSl last weekend, took some time and cut up a bunch of breaks and samples and learned how to use the bridge properly and whoa. It puts traktor to shame. I have abe right there and I can sync to a deck. I have an SL3 so I just pump ABE through the aux channel. I have an apc40 for midi control over SSL(and abe effects) and a novation launchpad for Abe control/buttonsmashing. It's amazing and way more intuitive than Traktor, plus the Gui is way better designed. It's worth not having an internal mixer. I'm done flirting with you Traktor, let's see what you do next time around. I'm excited to see how Serato responds to Traktor Duo now though.

by loading a QTZ file in VSL you can send midi from SSL
sixxx 11:30 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
I ask for an internal mixer every day. And no, that own't stop.

Someone stick a mixer up this guy's ass and leave it at that.

lol