DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

"The Moment"

.:DjDECiPHA:. 6:51 PM - 20 April, 2011
Just wanted to show this to the Serato fam... this is a little mini promo vid/documentary that one of my good friends shot. He followed me to some of my club and radio gigs for a few days to get the footage. Let me know what u think.... enjoy.

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj_craigmac 7:09 PM - 20 April, 2011
Man your dj life looks glamorous!!! Cool video too !
Chris Deluxe 7:54 PM - 20 April, 2011
Video is awesome. Looks really professional!
Bigga Bounce Ent 8:06 PM - 20 April, 2011
Well done looks good! Just a lil long, a promo shouldn't be more than 2 mins. What kind if camera was used? What program did you use do edit the vid?
DJ Dac 8:58 PM - 20 April, 2011
great video, and man, i would be worn out half way though your day... haha
DJ DECK 9:09 PM - 20 April, 2011
Dope video DECiPHA!!
.:DjDECiPHA:. 9:24 PM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
Well done looks good! Just a lil long, a promo shouldn't be more than 2 mins. What kind if camera was used? What program did you use do edit the vid?

Thanks... ya its a semi promo-documentary.... the original cut he showed me was about 10 min so i had him cut it down... not sure what cam he used.
DJ Schematic 9:44 PM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks... ya its a semi promo-documentary.... the original cut he showed me was about 10 min so i had him cut it down... not sure what cam he used.

Dope video! wish i had your career lol. im workin on it
DJ Tecniq 9:52 PM - 20 April, 2011
Sick video. Working in radio must pay off. I need to move to a bigger city :(
ninos 10:02 PM - 20 April, 2011
sick asssss video!
dj pesh 10:09 PM - 20 April, 2011
Heavy video man! love it from start to finish. You live a good career and congratulations to you.
AT^ 11:25 PM - 20 April, 2011
I dig it, great job both of ya!
.:DjDECiPHA:. 1:13 AM - 21 April, 2011
Thanks! I appreciate it!
Sureshot (PA) 4:03 AM - 21 April, 2011
love the editing and quality of the film. the interview is painfull though. so cheesy. i'm in the process of making my own and trying to figure out how to avoid the interview segment.
.:DjDECiPHA:. 4:25 AM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
love the editing and quality of the film. the interview is painfull though. so cheesy. i'm in the process of making my own and trying to figure out how to avoid the interview segment.

Im def not an actor... but my homie "the director" wanted to include some of that. I even hated him following me for those days. but once i saw the product, it all made sense.
DJ Unique 4:36 AM - 21 April, 2011
Great video.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:32 AM - 21 April, 2011
Sweet...

(half the forum spins video at Lucky Strike - LOL)
HandsomeRobDJ 2:21 PM - 21 April, 2011
<------ PHX REPRESENT!!

Video is NIIIICE! Shoot me your regular spots and I'll run through and check you out live...
HandsomeRobDJ 2:26 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:

CHEE EE EEZE

Make sure you post that up Sureshot. I say since you called DECIPHA out you HAVE TO do an interview segment : P
Sureshot (PA) 8:58 AM - 23 April, 2011
Quote:

CHEE EE EEZE

Make sure you post that up Sureshot. I say since you called DECIPHA out you HAVE TO do an interview segment : P

haha.. i will.. and i'm sure it'll have plenty to criticize. obviously i meant no disrespect to Decipha. it's clearly an awesome video.. promo videos are just impossible to do without looking like a tool. the very purpose of them insures that fact. you're basically trying to show your clients how cool you are/how famous you are/how skillful you are. inherently, none of those things are cool to tell people.. it's kind of a catch 22. ideally you want them to know without you telling them. but then, we make the video anyway.
DJ Remy USA 4:45 PM - 23 April, 2011
this vid is nice i need to hire your camera guy
DJ Remy USA 4:45 PM - 23 April, 2011
and video editor
DJ Remy USA 4:46 PM - 23 April, 2011
i didnt the interview was painful it was short
Dj Shamann 5:24 PM - 23 April, 2011
Great video, a while back somebody posted that guy Dj Splyce's video and he had something similar and it's definitely the way to go. I've been around a few sets so i have the crew to do it but have never gotten around to it, it's definitely a plan in the future though. Agreed on it being a little long though, these things need to be right to the point, other than that good job.
StreetFighta 10:05 PM - 23 April, 2011
dope. I want your life
Marx&Villain 10:48 PM - 23 April, 2011
scottsdale/tempe?
Discobee 10:49 PM - 23 April, 2011
Supa-nice video Decipha...I was waiting for Nicki Minaj's "Moment 4 Life" to come on at the very end when you said "This is the moment"...and then Minaj goes "I wish that I could have this moment for life" *echooooooooo outttttttt* lol

Awesome-ness video.
DjWoody 11:33 PM - 23 April, 2011
Awesome Video!!!
.:DjDECiPHA:. 3:01 AM - 24 April, 2011
Thanks!... Some thought the interview was cheese.... but adding Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life woulda been extra cheese! This was in Tempe/Scottsdale/Phoenix.
djchase 1:31 AM - 25 April, 2011
wait i see shibuya breaks (smoke)
.:DjDECiPHA:. 4:04 AM - 25 April, 2011
Quote:
wait i see shibuya breaks (smoke)

yessir... all day!
HandsomeRobDJ 1:16 PM - 25 April, 2011
Decipha, are you gonna promote yourself a little more and tell us where we can come see you live or what?... Or maybe you've got too much of a following and you're trying to thin the herd anyway...hahaha : ) I think a few others in here are in town too. I rock witcha on the way home from the office dog! Skills. Respect.
.:DjDECiPHA:. 7:14 PM - 25 April, 2011
Quote:
Decipha, are you gonna promote yourself a little more and tell us where we can come see you live or what?... Or maybe you've got too much of a following and you're trying to thin the herd anyway...hahaha : ) I think a few others in here are in town too. I rock witcha on the way home from the office dog! Skills. Respect.

Haha... na bro, thats not me. Right now Im at LuckyStrike on Friday and AiRIA Nightclub on Saturday. Hit me up on facebook or twitter cause Im always doing different spots in Scottsdale or Tempe too. I always appreciate the support. www.facebook.com www.twitter.com