DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

TTM57 UPGRADE TO 24-bit audio processing ??

djfaq 3:55 PM - 20 April, 2011
Most of the TTM57 owners here (like me) would probably agree with me that the TTM68 is way too much for our setup.. and we would like to stick the the 57 but with a better sound quality.
-
Are you planing to manufacture the TTM57 with SL2/3 audio engines ??
and maybe offer a cross grade option for 57 owners ?

DJ's/Fellas "+1" me if you dig .
djkrazyleo 7:19 PM - 20 April, 2011
+1
Natural D 3:45 AM - 21 April, 2011
++1
p45 9:20 AM - 21 April, 2011
+1 but i doubt it will happen though :(
DJ Rookie Germany 3:30 PM - 21 April, 2011
i'm still waiting for this option!!
Dj Guichy 4:27 PM - 24 April, 2011
I need to buy a TTM 57 SL rush, but with the sl2 on the market I'm waiting for news of the Serato personnel, about if is coming soon a new version of the TTM 57SL or NOT.
Please Keep us Informed and be Clear. My concern is about the compatibility with intel i7 and 64 bits Macbook Pro without run the Mac on 32 bits. I just want to know if it will arrived this year or not, to inmediately buy the actual version of the mixer. PLEASE understand the customers worries. THANKS...
djvtyme85 11:06 PM - 24 April, 2011
+1 but to be honest i have no complaints of sound quality. but do want to but a new mbp as i have the first run of i-core now, & want to upgrade to get the 3rd usb input. so yea sl2 in my 57 would be nice.
terrible1fi 2:45 PM - 25 April, 2011
keep in mind. if you're playing mp3's, they are 16 bit, and you wouldn't hear a difference with a 24 bit sound card.

24 bit audio only really matters if you're playing WAVS
DJ Eighty 8 11:22 PM - 25 April, 2011
^^^I tell people this same shit all the time......
djfaq 12:16 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
keep in mind. if you're playing mp3's, they are 16 bit, and you wouldn't hear a difference with a 24 bit sound card.

Yep but on SL4/3/2 you are able to play 48Khz, and on SL1 the limit is 44Khz,
also the sound quality does sound different!! I own SL3 and TTM57.
DJ Half 1:09 AM - 26 April, 2011
Oh yeah? Well, I want to be able to have the "Band" perform in my mixer. So I can get a "Live" sound. They will think the artist is actually playing, wait, they are! lol

All kidding aside, it would hurt sales if they suggest any new mixer is in the works. Of course a new mixer is in the works.
djvtyme85 1:19 PM - 26 April, 2011
Who cares about hurting their sales, they are making great net profit off us. They need to give the consumer what they want. In this case we are not asking them too reinvent the wheel, the technology already exists and is in mass production. I'll personally pay another 1500 for a rane 58 bc as nice a the 68 is for this hiphop dj it is a bit much. I wish they would even take over the turntable side of it lol
terrible1fi 2:40 PM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

mp3s are 16 bit 44.1 khz so no, in theory you shouldnt be able to hear a difference
DJ Half 1:58 AM - 27 April, 2011
Quote:
Who cares about hurting their sales, they are making great net profit off us. They need to give the consumer what they want. In this case we are not asking them too reinvent the wheel, the technology already exists and is in mass production. I'll personally pay another 1500 for a rane 58 bc as nice a the 68 is for this hiphop dj it is a bit much. I wish they would even take over the turntable side of it lol

try not to gag when you get all their equipment in. lol
YZ3 2:37 PM - 27 April, 2011
Quote:
They need to give the consumer what they want.

Have they not been doing that with software updates and hardware updates? When you really only have in your serato lineup the SL boxes and 2 mixers that gives room for other devices to come out... just maybe not as fast as you want it. The 57SL is still a rock solid device and can be for probably another few years... however yea, if they came out with a new version (ie 58) today I'd be at Guitar Center after work buying one without a doubt. the 68 (I agree) is way too much for me. I just want a 2 channel mixer with 2 2.0/3.0 USB slots and maybe some more of those group buttons so I can do more from the mixer itself. The buttons I wish would in an mpc style (but smaller of course) pad form. My 2 cents.
djfaq 3:43 PM - 27 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mp3s are 16 bit 44.1 khz so no, in theory you shouldnt be able to hear a difference

Wrong, you are able to encode mp3 to 48khz as well.
DJ Half 12:54 AM - 28 April, 2011
100 ghz FTW!
fcprod1 9:26 PM - 28 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So what would be the point of making an sl2,3 or 4 is there is no difference.
Wrong, you are able to encode mp3 to 48khz as well.
terrible1fi 10:47 PM - 28 April, 2011
Quote:

So what would be the point of making an sl2,3 or 4 is there is no difference.

to play 24 bit files, like wavs, at their best possible sound quality instead of having to downsample to 16 bit
fcprod1 7:33 PM - 29 April, 2011
ahhh ok
Trinicapone 12:07 AM - 2 May, 2011
Maybe create a sound card to enhance the 57 instead of making a whole new mixer. The 68 is a beast but to swap out 1500 for another 1500-1700 mixer its wrong. Do something with the mixer not throw it away for an upgrade
djvtyme85 12:22 AM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
Maybe create a sound card to enhance the 57 instead of making a whole new mixer. The 68 is a beast but to swap out 1500 for another 1500-1700 mixer its wrong. Do something with the mixer not throw it away for an upgrade

True but hopefully something that can be plugged in to keep the setup simple.
Trinicapone 12:23 AM - 2 May, 2011
Shit anything that will make us 57 users happier
DJ Half 1:38 AM - 2 May, 2011
how about a free sticker? sheeesh
djvtyme85 3:05 AM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
how about a free sticker? sheeesh

yea that would sure go great with a Serato oven mitt
djvtyme85 3:07 AM - 2 May, 2011
to be honest ive got my eye on the new pio coming out in june but as it is only intended for tracktor i'm hesistant to make the switch but it sure has all i want that the 57 is lacking
Trinicapone 3:13 AM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
to be honest ive got my eye on the new pio coming out in june but as it is only intended for tracktor i'm hesistant to make the switch but it sure has all i want that the 57 is lacking

serato.com
Happy reading!
I love my Serato!
djvtyme85 3:24 AM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com
Happy reading!
I love my Serato!

youtu.be

"if the 909 was my baby this is my wife" in reference to the new djm t1 so ummm yea i think Jazz might be jumping off the serato ship pretty soon
djvtyme85 3:25 AM - 2 May, 2011
oh yea skip to 2:15 sec
djfaq 3:05 PM - 3 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com
Happy reading!
I love my Serato!

+1
djfaq 3:05 PM - 3 May, 2011
I think it doesn't matter if Jazzy Jeff, Mixmaster Mike, Qbert or Obama is sponsored by Rane or Native Instruments, those fellas care more about the money and as far as they concern they can play on double cassette tape and still rock the crowd.

As a professional DJ you get used to a lot of DJing platforms easily and able to earn money from those big corporations, eventually that money will convince you that the product is the best in the market and you are ready to go....

I tried traktor in the past, but for me Serato stays the best DJ product in the market..

I love my Serato.
djvtyme85 9:39 PM - 3 May, 2011
faq i feel you...either way it boils down to ppl want variety and as dj's we tend to find a "standard" and everyone jumps on that train...i remember when i couldn't afford a rane mixer back in the day, was perfectly fine rocking parties with my gemini turntables numark mixer and community speakers...but as usual there is always those ppl that feel you have to obtain certain brands to have the "right" tools to be considered a professional...yet sad thing is if you can rock a crowd with fisher price kiddie turntable kit the ppl who paid and came out to see wont care what your using. right now my personal standard is serato but i keep a open mind to anything
TFRASER 9:52 PM - 3 May, 2011
Yezzzzir that is why I never knock midi controllers such as vci 300 etc I. Think they are more than capable to do the job but I still luv my 57 and my cdj,s
djvtyme85 4:09 AM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
Yezzzzir that is why I never knock midi controllers such as vci 300 etc I. Think they are more than capable to do the job but I still luv my 57 and my cdj,s

yea i feel ya. i remember when i was considering buying a pair of the denon decks for another set up in addition to my 12s and the guy at the Guitar Center told me "dont use denon the cdjs are for pros. those denons are toys" to this day havent seen anyone complain. but prime example of if you believe enough of the hype it starts to become the truth to ya.
DjBoozie 1:38 AM - 7 May, 2011
Quote:
faq i feel you...either way it boils down to ppl want variety and as dj's we tend to find a "standard" and everyone jumps on that train...i remember when i couldn't afford a rane mixer back in the day, was perfectly fine rocking parties with my gemini turntables numark mixer and community speakers...but as usual there is always those ppl that feel you have to obtain certain brands to have the "right" tools to be considered a professional...yet sad thing is if you can rock a crowd with fisher price kiddie turntable kit the ppl who paid and came out to see wont care what your using. right now my personal standard is serato but i keep a open mind to anything

Not trying to turn this into a debate but here's where the term "Industry Standard" come from.. If a product gets a bug about be reliable then the word spreads. I think across the board Dj's want to know that their equipment won't fell then at the worst moment possible. So you have people who are loyal to a certain brand and stand by it no matter what comes out and could even be better. But it's hard to beat a product when it's an original I.e Serato.. If I'm not mistaken Serato came out before any other dj program. which made it a foundation. it has an edge becuase once it got it buzz and people got it.. Everything has automatically took a back seat, Now if you take say a pioneer cdj and put it next to a gemini cd player or numark. It's clearly a difference in quality the product, but with quality comes a price and a lot of people can't afford a cdj or a Technics 1200 mg 5. So now they have to turn to a affordable product, that doesn't make them no less of a dj then the person who has the cdj 2000 with a djm 800. Now you also have to "just to get by" dj's who will go out and get the American dj's gear and wonder why his shit sounds like shit. But as of late Serato seems to be falling behind on keeping current with the needs of the dj. Which is forcing people in other direction.
djvtyme85 1:47 AM - 7 May, 2011
boozie i think it was FS not sure though
djvtyme85 1:50 AM - 7 May, 2011
all i know i was i loved the concept of dvs but at my first gig with ssl i was scared shitless that something would go wrong and i would have my first bomb of a gig. but it worked and since as been flawless, does this mean i wont use anything else no. it does mean i can stamp the technology that made it possible and if i that technology evolves with another vendor to my benefit....ill try it
DjBoozie 3:06 AM - 7 May, 2011
Quote:
all i know i was i loved the concept of dvs but at my first gig with ssl i was scared shitless that something would go wrong and i would have my first bomb of a gig. but it worked and since as been flawless, does this mean i wont use anything else no. it does mean i can stamp the technology that made it possible and if i that technology evolves with another vendor to my benefit....ill try it

Everyone I know who uses it now didn't like it...change scare a lot of people. but after getting to know the workings of the program of course they love it. but as far as staying head of other big bane brand...they are really coming up short and losing their edge. I have spent a lot of money with them so i hope they do something fast
djvtyme85 6:13 AM - 7 May, 2011
I personally don't want to go through the task of having to transfer my music library or give up such great benefits of the customer service things like white label. but yes i am interested in tracktor and rekordbox...yet I can't get over thinking of the process involved with incorporating or migrating music. Eventually I do plan copping cdjs so one of those I plan on trying bc ditching the laptop for usbs for some gigs would cool. I guess as technology evolves standards and us jock will but man the process is a bitch.
Mazel 5:17 PM - 7 May, 2011
Just give better effects and 5 cue points a side. And usb 2.0
djvtyme85 7:06 AM - 8 May, 2011
Quote:
Just give better effects and 5 cue points a side. And usb 2.0

exactly why im feeling the djm t1...its going to be hard put out another 1500 on a mixer, in retrospect i could have a 68 for this type of money. but i like what i like and i like a two channel mixer but want to have useable buttons and not have keep switching between groups to do so...or have to go out and pay for dicers etc bc the whole point is keeping the set up simple with as little wires, usbs and plugs to hook up...plus i want a new mbp but oh well i want a lot and so do many of you guys...cant wait til rane realizes the 68 was great but there is a big group of us who want what that has in two channel mixer
djkrazyleo 5:00 PM - 8 May, 2011
all i,m saying love my 57 used it last night at a gig and i was a proud owner again it definitely does what i need it to do but i would like rane just to give us that little more in terms of a new soundcard,usb 2.0 with same built quality as the the 57 now .
djfaq 7:55 AM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
all i,m saying love my 57 used it last night at a gig and i was a proud owner again it definitely does what i need it to do but i would like rane just to give us that little more in terms of a new soundcard,usb 2.0 with same built quality as the the 57 now .

+1
p45 1:24 PM - 9 May, 2011
how about rane/serato release a firmware update that allows 57 owners to bypass / turn off the built in serato soundcard within the mixer & just use the 57's USB port to send MIDI data from the faders (for video), b1-6 buttons, library scroll dials & joysticks to the computer ?

The 57 has 2 selectable line inputs on each channel + an aux input meaning that existing 57 owners could connect an SL4 to the 57 & be able to swap DJs easily without using an external sound source and still be able to use the b buttons & joysticks etc.

I understand why serato has locked the midi functionality of the 57 down in the past, but now that the USB 1.1 port is causing problems for new mac/PC owners & there is no replacement for the 57 on the horizon this option would stop serato/rane losing 57 customers to the vestax 06 mk4 / pioneer T1 mixer and drive sales of the new soundcards to exiting 57 owners, who would benefit from improved sound (using the SL2/3/4), an aux channel for SP6 (using SL3 or SL4) and be able to connect 2 computers for easy swapping of DJs (using SL4) & be able to do video.

hope someone from rane or serato is reading this - surely this is a no-brainer? You could easiliy do this with the vestax 06 mk4 and from what I understand you could also do this with the new pioneer mixer. I would buy an SL4 tomorrow if i could connect it to my 57 and still use the faders for video & b1-6 buttons via midi - My guess is that this simple update to the 57 would help keep existing 57 owners happy until a new mixer comes out (& maybe even help shift a few more 57s) & would definately make the Sl4 box very appealling to existing 57 owners!!!
Warren T. 4:14 AM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:

exactly why im feeling the djm t1...its going to be hard put out another 1500 on a mixer, in retrospect i could have a 68 for this type of money. but i like what i like and i like a two channel mixer but want to have useable buttons and not have keep switching between groups to do so...or have to go out and pay for dicers etc bc the whole point is keeping the set up simple with as little wires, usbs and plugs to hook up...plus i want a new mbp but oh well i want a lot and so do many of you guys...cant wait til rane realizes the 68 was great but there is a big group of us who want what that has in two channel mixer

There's also the Vestax PMC 05 Pro IV. Even though I'm rocking a 57 now, I'd actually get the Vestax over the DJM T1 any day. And for the money of the T1, I'd get the Denon DN-X 1600, 4 channel, Traktor Scratch Pro certified, onboard effects and loads of MIDI control.
djvtyme85 4:32 AM - 10 May, 2011
There's also the Vestax PMC 05 Pro IV. Even though I'm rocking a 57 now, I'd actually get the Vestax over the DJM T1 any day. And for the money of the T1, I'd get the Denon DN-X 1600, 4 channel, Traktor Scratch Pro certified, onboard effects and loads of MIDI control.

yea i wasnt feeling the 05 when I got my hands on one, all that damn clicking when your using the xfader is ridiculous, but i mean Vestax has been like that (kind of their trademark), I toyed around with the Denon at Best Buy with the CD turntable they got and I actually would buy that one...Back the Vestax (nice midi device) set up has too many wires...

I love my 57 because (minus the laptop cable) it is like a ol skool set up, plug and play...just sit the laptop to the side for reference and do my thing....either way i know rane is going to come out of nowhere and take some more of my hard earned money and Im waiting to write the check...serious got it lay out and everything lol
Trinicapone 11:22 AM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
how about rane/serato release a firmware update that allows 57 owners to bypass / turn off the built in serato soundcard within the mixer & just use the 57's USB port to send MIDI data from the faders (for video), b1-6 buttons, library scroll dials & joysticks to the computer ?

The 57 has 2 selectable line inputs on each channel + an aux input meaning that existing 57 owners could connect an SL4 to the 57 & be able to swap DJs easily without using an external sound source and still be able to use the b buttons & joysticks etc.

I understand why serato has locked the midi functionality of the 57 down in the past, but now that the USB 1.1 port is causing problems for new mac/PC owners & there is no replacement for the 57 on the horizon this option would stop serato/rane losing 57 customers to the vestax 06 mk4 / pioneer T1 mixer and drive sales of the new soundcards to exiting 57 owners, who would benefit from improved sound (using the SL2/3/4), an aux channel for SP6 (using SL3 or SL4) and be able to connect 2 computers for easy swapping of DJs (using SL4) & be able to do video.

hope someone from rane or serato is reading this - surely this is a no-brainer? You could easiliy do this with the vestax 06 mk4 and from what I understand you could also do this with the new pioneer mixer. I would buy an SL4 tomorrow if i could connect it to my 57 and still use the faders for video & b1-6 buttons via midi - My guess is that this simple update to the 57 would help keep existing 57 owners happy until a new mixer comes out (& maybe even help shift a few more 57s) & would definately make the Sl4 box very appealling to existing 57 owners!!!

+1000000000000
This is very similar to what I been saying! Make an SL box to upgrade the 57.
Yo to all the people in Rane who is reading this if you make this happen I want my cut for the idea lol
jwagner 11:37 AM - 10 May, 2011
They're def coming out with another mixer, the 58....or else they would have named the 68 the 58.

just a thought.
p45 1:15 PM - 10 May, 2011
Trinicapone

no need for rane to design & make a new box just for 57 - the SL2, 3 or 4 would all work fine (depending on how many USB ports you want / if you want an aux channel etc ) i would not want to buy a new sound card that works ONLY with the 57 - as I might want to use the sound card with a different mixer in a club etc.

all rane need to do is unlock the MIDI on the 57 so it would work like the vestax 05 mk 4 (not vestax 06 as i wrongly said in my earliler post) & i think there would be lots of 57 owners happily upgrading to Sl3s & sl4's
djvtyme85 10:34 PM - 10 May, 2011
all rane need to do is unlock the MIDI on the 57 so it would work like the vestax 05 mk 4 (not vestax 06 as i wrongly said in my earliler post) & i think there would be lots of 57 owners happily upgrading to Sl3s & sl4's

that would be the be a possible solution, i still own my sl3 so it wouldnt be a complete loss. i still dont feel like going back to having to hook up all those cables. but i guess i could always just get some more cable ties and call it a day
DJ Sidies 8:21 AM - 15 May, 2011
Inless ur making a new mixer (58) please unlock midi so ur loyal customers who have spent alot of money on ur products use the 57 with sl2, sl3 or sl4.
p45 2:19 PM - 15 May, 2011
Quote:
Inless ur making a new mixer (58) please unlock midi so ur loyal customers who have spent alot of money on ur products use the 57 with sl2, sl3 or sl4.

+1
p45 2:20 PM - 15 May, 2011
or even just unlock the ability to use MIDI in serato scratch live only ?
djvtyme85 1:51 AM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
or even just unlock the ability to use MIDI in serato scratch live only ?

that would great stalemate for us
p45 9:16 AM - 16 May, 2011
djvtyme85 - why would it be stalemate ?

If serato/rane unlock the 57's MIDI for scratchlive as described above then you get the features of the 57 PLUS the extra channels & USB 2.0 ports of the SL2/3/4 - at the moment if you are 57 owner and you want USB 2.0 or a 3rd channel for SP6 or to get an SL4 so you can have 2x USB connected you have to choose between either :-

a) use 57 as intended and live without aux/3rd channel for routing for SP6/recording etc & just use USB1.1
OR
b) connect an SL2/3/4 to get extra channels & USB 2.0 connection and lose the use of the 57's B1-B6 buttons & joysticks, onboard hardware FX and ability to crossfade video! you would basically be forced to use the 57 like a normal mixer (which would be really annoying as there are MIDI controls on the mixer & an unused USB port at the back which could easily send MIDI data to the computer)

Accept your earlier point that it would be a pain to connect a box & there would be extra phono cables to carry etc BUT i would not care about a few extra cables at the back of my mixer if it means I can connect an SL4 with 2x USB 2.0 ports to my 57 & use the aux channel for SP6 + still use my 57 for video + still use the b1-6 buttons for cues & still have the 57's onboard FX.

seems like a win/win till a new (58?) mixer comes out to me.
DjBoozie 11:29 AM - 16 May, 2011
Here's what I'm not getting and maybe I'm not understanding something here. I heard a few people wanting to bypass the usb 1.1 on the 57 or adding a external box to get full 2.0 usb output, (If i'm confused then nevermind) but here where it gets tricky for me. How do u expect to start off with a pinto, (Old car made my ford) and put a 2011 mustang engine in it.. your still starting off with a slow outdated product and I doubt very seriously if you can make it any better or faster. You would have to take all the inter-working of it and redo the whole thing. Expanding is a nice idea, but you have to reconstruct a lot before hand. which would cost a lot in the end. And to shell out a lot to begin with is kinda going backwards to me. Now if a kit was sold to make that old pinto much faster without have to add extra stuff and keep it's original look then that would be money well spend. IJS
SMOKE DOGG BITCH 11:31 AM - 16 May, 2011
you think by 2015 theyll be running at 1.21 jiggawatts?
DjBoozie 11:36 AM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
you think by 2015 theyll be running at 1.21 jiggawatts?

the speed of a lightning bolt....LOL
p45 2:31 PM - 16 May, 2011
Boozie

yes you are right that the internal workings of the 57 are old/outdated & of course the USB port is 1.1 & also outdated technology - however the 57 (still) is a great sounding normal DJ mixer & is what I am talking about here is bypassing all the serato workings inside the 57 (as you would be using Sl2/3 or 4) & just using the 57 as a normal mixer - what we are asking rane/serato to do here is unlock the MIDI so I can use it in the same way as i would use the vestax 05 mk4 with a serato sound card.

I would like to be able to connect an Sl4 to the 57 in the same was you would to any normal mixer then 2 DJs could swap easily (as each channel has a 2 selectable line inputs) - if you did this it would be a shame that all the MIDI controls on the 57 would then be made redundant as you would not be using the USB port on the 57 at all.

I am guessing that the MIDI functionality of the 57 was locked down to serato/SSL for business reasons (& I can understand why that decision was made) but now that the 57's usb1.1 port is outdated & does not allow 3+ channels & does not play nice with the i5/i7 processors i am faced with a choice of either use a new soundcard & lose MIDI control on the mixer or keep midi via the 57 and stick to the internal soundcard.

Surely rane / serato could release a firmware update for 57 or include something in the next version of serato that means if an SL2/3 or 4 is connected directly to the computer and a 57 is then connected afterwards serato knows to treat the 57 as a midi controller ?

maybe some1 else wants to chime in here but surely the (outdated) 1.1 USB port on the 57 would be more than capable of sending MIDI control data for cues/loops/video crossfading etc only because it is already doing that plus sending all the serato MP3/video info as well. In the set up I am talking about here all track info would be done via the USB port on the SL2,3 or 4 & the 57's USB port would be used for MIDI data only.
ancientyouth 3:21 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:

+1
ancientyouth 3:22 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
please unlock midi so ur loyal customers who have spent alot of money on ur products use the 57 with sl2, sl3 or sl4.

Fixed
DjBoozie 4:44 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
Boozie

yes you are right that the internal workings of the 57 are old/outdated & of course the USB port is 1.1 & also outdated technology - however the 57 (still) is a great sounding normal DJ mixer & is what I am talking about here is bypassing all the serato workings inside the 57 (as you would be using Sl2/3 or 4) & just using the 57 as a normal mixer - what we are asking rane/serato to do here is unlock the MIDI so I can use it in the same way as i would use the vestax 05 mk4 with a serato sound card.

I would like to be able to connect an Sl4 to the 57 in the same was you would to any normal mixer then 2 DJs could swap easily (as each channel has a 2 selectable line inputs) - if you did this it would be a shame that all the MIDI controls on the 57 would then be made redundant as you would not be using the USB port on the 57 at all.

I am guessing that the MIDI functionality of the 57 was locked down to serato/SSL for business reasons (& I can understand why that decision was made) but now that the 57's usb1.1 port is outdated & does not allow 3+ channels & does not play nice with the i5/i7 processors i am faced with a choice of either use a new soundcard & lose MIDI control on the mixer or keep midi via the 57 and stick to the internal soundcard.

Surely rane / serato could release a firmware update for 57 or include something in the next version of serato that means if an SL2/3 or 4 is connected directly to the computer and a 57 is then connected afterwards serato knows to treat the 57 as a midi controller ?

maybe some1 else wants to chime in here but surely the (outdated) 1.1 USB port on the 57 would be more than capable of sending MIDI control data for cues/loops/video crossfading etc only because it is already doing that plus sending all the serato MP3/video info as well. In the set up I am talking about here all track info would be done via the USB port on the SL2,3 or 4 & the 57's USB port would be used for MIDI data only.

you can use the 57 as a regular mixer and hook the sl2/3/4 to it...you did know you do that.... the 57 is just a regular mixer
DjBoozie 4:48 PM - 16 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Boozie

you can use the 57 as a regular mixer and hook the sl2/3/4 to it...you didn't know you do that.... the 57 is just a regular mixer

Fixed!!!!
p45 5:09 PM - 16 May, 2011
you can use the 57 as a regular mixer and hook the sl2/3/4 to it...you did know you do that.... the 57 is just a regular mixer

Quote:
Quote:
Boozie

yes boosie i know that and you can see that from my earlier posts.

what i am saying here is that if you connect the sl2/3/4 to the 57 (like a normal mixer) rane should unlock the midi so that the b1-6 buttons etc would still work
DjBoozie 5:11 PM - 16 May, 2011
Ok I got you now
p45 5:34 PM - 16 May, 2011
:)
djvtyme85 10:16 PM - 16 May, 2011
p45 i say start a thread about this and we and see how much support you can get...they may listen

+1
p45 10:41 PM - 16 May, 2011
well seeing as inklen's mix emergency can interpret midi date from the 57 maybe they can make it happen and it might be better to start a thread on the inklen forum asking for this ? if that means unlocking the midi on 57 only works on mac i would be fine with that ;)

BUT rane/serato really should look at this issue cos there would probably be a lot of disappointed 57 owning PC guys out there considering buying the vestax rather than sticking with the 57 & SL2/3/4 & waiting for the 58 to drop.
DJ Sidies 10:30 AM - 17 May, 2011
Just i thought. But if serato/rane only want scratch live hardwear able to use the 57 surly they can do that. so as soon as it picks up both sl2, sl3 or sl4 & the ttm57sl it would work as a midi device. I spoke to a few tech geeks and they said this would work!

Serato / Rane please do this!

I love my ttm57sl but wanna use my sl3 for ub2 and its features!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:22 PM - 20 May, 2011
Hi Guys,

The fundamental problem is, the TTM 57SL was not designed with MIDI capabilities :(

A simple firmware upgrade will not accomplish the necessary changes needed for MIDI implementation. A redesign of the internal workings, drivers and etc are the only way to bring MIDI functions to the TTM 57SL, sorry guys (and girls).
Dj Guichy 1:20 AM - 21 May, 2011
Amen
Dj Guichy 1:21 AM - 21 May, 2011
TTM 58 Coming Soon...
p45 4:44 PM - 21 May, 2011
thanks for the answer Shaun.

not the answer i was looking for - especially as I broke my SL1 last night after 5 years of faithful service and was thinking i would upgrade to SL4 & hopefully in the future be able to use that with my 57's B1-6 buttons/midi faders (vestax PMC 05 mk4 style) :(

Hope that this means Guichy is correct & a new 10 inch / 2 channel / 2 USB mixer is coming soon though!!
DJ metaphor 11:42 PM - 21 May, 2011
Quote:
specially as I broke my SL1 last night after 5 years of faithful service

how did you break it?
p45 6:45 PM - 22 May, 2011
dropped it with the optional power adaptor connected - landed on the power adaptor & the socket fell inside the box & the metal bit fell inside the box :(

need to test if still works with usb only, & might open it and see if it is fixable
Charlie 3:33 AM - 24 May, 2011
Waiting for the 58.
KapnKuTT 8:47 AM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:

I wanted to make exactly the same thread.

The TTm57 Sl is a great mixer, however it lacks 2 things:
1: A USB 2 Interface, like SL2
2: A permanent fix for the Buttons in the older Versions of the Series.

I would gladly pay Rane for Upgrading my Mixer.
djkrazyleo 10:38 AM - 24 May, 2011
+1
Dj Guichy 2:06 PM - 24 May, 2011
Everything have his glory time. Technics SL 1200 MK series were and still the best turntables but during the past of the years technics were making some upgrades like torque and other details. Other companies tried to beat them up and made a good products, but 1200s stay like the "standard" ones. The TTM 57 SL is having his time but in his category has to make some upgrades, now Rane can't keep the same image with the TTM 57, I mean on the overall look and other specs. ( while other brands are making other products with good looks and good parts ) All these upgrades that we are asking for, Rane will give them to us, but i think will be in the new 2 channel mixer and controller to Scratchlive. I'm completely shure when the "NEW ONE" arrives we'll be more than proud with it. I hope that the price be good comparing with the SL 1 vs SL 2 prices. The "NEW ONE" Coming Soon... I'm waiting for it. Respect to all the DJ's and RANE.
KapnKuTT 3:27 PM - 24 May, 2011
There is no need to change "alot" about the TTM 57 SL. Overall the Mixer is awesome.
Switching the Interface to USB 2 and fixing the known Issue with the Buttons and the mixer is top notch again. It could be a new version like the 56S but also an upgrade for the old ones would make sense and alot of customers happy.
KapnKuTT 3:30 PM - 24 May, 2011
I guess there would be more people like me who would purchase an upgrade.
And its the much more stylish solution. we wont have to worry about selling the old one and getting a new one, that would be such a waste since the mixer is so good, it just crys for an upgrade.
djvtyme85 10:04 PM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:
I guess there would be more people like me who would purchase an upgrade.
And its the much more stylish solution. we wont have to worry about selling the old one and getting a new one, that would be such a waste since the mixer is so good, it just crys for an upgrade.

mine is practically brand spanking new, hasnt left he house yet...kind of think it wont...ill just keep using my staton sa12 for gigs with sl3.
simonak 6:58 PM - 27 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

me too!
I wanted to make exactly the same thread.

The TTm57 Sl is a great mixer, however it lacks 2 things:
1: A USB 2 Interface, like SL2
2: A permanent fix for the Buttons in the older Versions of the Series.

I would gladly pay Rane for Upgrading my Mixer.
hersh20 7:55 PM - 2 June, 2011
how much do we need to ask rane/serato for an updated 57? the forum is teeming with ppl hungry for an update! LETS GO! you put out 3 new SL boxes in about a year, where is the new mixer! and now pioneer has their DJM-T1 shipping in july! Cmon guys your going to start loosing market share. but it cant be that obvious to me and not rane/serato. i bet they got it under tight wraps then surprise us all!
djvtyme85 10:59 PM - 2 June, 2011
Quote:
how much do we need to ask rane/serato for an updated 57? the forum is teeming with ppl hungry for an update! LETS GO! you put out 3 new SL boxes in about a year, where is the new mixer! and now pioneer has their DJM-T1 shipping in july! Cmon guys your going to start loosing market share. but it cant be that obvious to me and not rane/serato. i bet they got it under tight wraps then surprise us all!

i gave up on this one, i'm waiting til july to see the pio in person. if i like it, i'm buying it. i love my 57 but it has too many short upcomings as far as the layout
D.J. JackHammer 8:02 AM - 13 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i gave up on this one, i'm waiting til july to see the pio in person. if i like it, i'm buying it. i love my 57 but it has too many short upcomings as far as the layout

<<<<Yep, they are making it hard for us to stay loyal, I bought two SL1's and two versions of the 57SL and am still not experiencing a complete device....I mean they came up with an $899.00 box (SL4) that out performs and has better features than the two $1500 dollar TTM57SL mixers that I bought
Warren T. 5:38 AM - 30 September, 2011
I don't get it. SL1 & 57SL not being complete devices? I think the comparisons to the SL4 aren't fair at all. If you really need a SL4 in a mixer, you need to sell those 2 57SLs and buy a Rane 68. I think the 57SL has been a great experiment for Rane/Serato to pave the way for other hybrid mixers you see on the market today, it might not boast the latest & greatest tech out there but it's a supremely functional piece of equipment and had a glorious run the past few years. Although I do acknowledge it's getting a little long in the tooth as compared to what you see today, but I think that even if they do release an updated 57SL with SL4 components, the original 57SL can and will stay relevant to many DJs, like how many of us are still holding on to the SL1 box because it serves our basic needs and still does a great job at that for years.
hersh20 7:16 PM - 30 September, 2011
Quote:
I don't get it. SL1 & 57SL not being complete devices? I think the comparisons to the SL4 aren't fair at all. If you really need a SL4 in a mixer, you need to sell those 2 57SLs and buy a Rane 68. I think the 57SL has been a great experiment for Rane/Serato to pave the way for other hybrid mixers you see on the market today, it might not boast the latest & greatest tech out there but it's a supremely functional piece of equipment and had a glorious run the past few years. Although I do acknowledge it's getting a little long in the tooth as compared to what you see today, but I think that even if they do release an updated 57SL with SL4 components, the original 57SL can and will stay relevant to many DJs, like how many of us are still holding on to the SL1 box because it serves our basic needs and still does a great job at that for years.

Yea i hear that Warren T. buttttt....its time. the SL1 has been retired and so the 57 should be next to go. it only makes sense. the 57 usb 1.1 isnt going to cut it any longer. My personal feeling is that the Pio is going to steal the market share until rane/serato respond. I would expect the 57 sales to drop sharply. Dont get me wrong I LOVE MY 57 it has been only the 3rd mixer i have ever owned and by far the best i have ever used aside from other rane gear.
Guyananice 3:14 PM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
Waiting for the 58.

+1
Guyananice 3:19 PM - 9 October, 2011
Hi guys
I'm about to buy a full set up with mk2 and a 2 channel mixer for scratch live.
2 things bother me about 57 :
- usb 1 more than outdated now.
- group thing to use full software function directly on the mixer. I think pads like 68 will be easier and faster.

So I hope NAMM 2012 will offer us a brand new 57 or 58 or whatever its name or number.

I'm french so forgive me if my english is weird. :))

Peace.
aireyc 10:08 PM - 9 October, 2011
I'm not buying the 57 at this point. If they don't announce anything at NAMM I'm probably getting the Denon X1600 or one of the Pioneers. And your English is near-perfect Guyananice.
hersh20 5:09 PM - 10 October, 2011
good call on waiting for the NAMM show.
robin 8:07 AM - 18 October, 2011
while we're at it serato should make their own turntables. They've got the mixers already and technics are off the market.
DeeJay Fingers 12:48 AM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
while we're at it serato should make their own turntables. They've got the mixers already and technics are off the market.

Don't You Mean "Rane" :)

Serato Are The Developer of the software .
djvtyme85 1:59 AM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:

ive been saying this for months but everyone else says they will probably just make a controller instead
DJ Pulsee 3:28 PM - 19 October, 2011
i just want them to come out with a newer ttm57 so i can use it with Traktor or VDJ
jwagner 8:49 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
i just want them to come out with a newer ttm57 so i can use it with Traktor or VDJ

stop.
DJ Pulsee 9:19 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
They're def coming out with another mixer, the 58....or else they would have named the 68 the 58.

just a thought.

if they came out with it why hasnt anyone seen it yet?
YZ 1:12 AM - 20 October, 2011
They'll come out with another mixer yea... but I have a feeling it's gonna be full of buttons and lights and crap. For us old school DJs, the 57SL was the last greatest mixer unfortunately. Also, when they do drop another joint, be prepared to max out your credit card.
djcross+fade 4:51 AM - 22 October, 2011
Quote:

yes that would be good it also needs to have cue for aux in so we can use it for a 3ed deck in the software of owe choose .so midi mappable would be the way to go
Warren T. 3:00 AM - 23 October, 2011
Yes. I'd love to have cue for AUX & I think Rane can take certain design cues from the PMC 05 Pro4, lots of ins & outs, 3 band EQs on the AUX, and nicer pads instead of buttons for cue points etc. The Vestax has everything I need from a digital battle mixer, but I'll drop my money on a Rane any day esp when they do release the 58.
djcross+fade 3:55 AM - 23 October, 2011
Quote:
Yes. I'd love to have cue for AUX & I think Rane can take certain design cues from the PMC 05 Pro4, lots of ins & outs, 3 band EQs on the AUX, and nicer pads instead of buttons for cue points etc. The Vestax has everything I need from a digital battle mixer, but I'll drop my money on a Rane any day esp when they do release the 58.

same here even if i do love vestax
the thing i dont like is there no sound card inside :)
djfaq 11:32 PM - 26 October, 2011
No news yet..
DJ Sean P 8:00 PM - 3 December, 2011
We need some news. I've been holding off on buying a 57sl for a year. My 56 is really beat up. It would be great to have an updated 57, so I feel confident in it's compatibility with future computer technology.
DJ ROK 8:40 PM - 6 December, 2011
i don't think that i need 24bit, since once the sounds are amplified there is really no way of knowing that. a party go'er isn't going to leave a club or bar just because your equipment is not 24bit, if they even know about that...

i mean how much better can 24bit make the 57. really i was in the same boat, i was about to wait till the namm 11, but i decided to not wait and bought it in august of '10 (red box). been happy with it.
DJ Eighty 8 9:55 PM - 6 December, 2011
No matter what goes down,I think after NAMM I'm going for a TTM 57SL or the Empath version if they make one.........
sm.ghanem 3:28 PM - 7 December, 2011
Things I'd like to see in a new 57 -

Soft buttons for cue-point mashing
An 'always-on' light to tell what group you're currently set to
A row of B-buttons for each channel.
Tougher J-switches - I'm worried about snapping them
KENSINGTON LOCK!
USB 2 and/or 3
Save reversed faders to mixer - or a flickable solid switch rather than a button
Parametric EQ
Faster crossfader cut in time.
Wider crossfader or a shorter distance between upfaders - when doing beatjuggles or Euroscratches it's easier to flip between up/crossfader action
Faceplate flush to the sides (seriously, who installs a 57?)
DJ Sean P 5:03 PM - 7 December, 2011
Quote:
Things I'd like to see in a new 57 -

KENSINGTON LOCK!
USB 2 and/or 3
Save reversed faders to mixer - or a flickable solid switch rather than a button
Parametric EQ
Wider crossfader or a shorter distance between upfaders - when doing beatjuggles or Euroscratches it's easier to flip between up/crossfader action

Those are great ideas! But, I love the EQ as it is. I think if you do a Parametric EQ then it will get more cluttered.

Also, will Macs use USB 3.0. I don't think so. They are running with Thunderbolt. But, yes they should upgrade to USB 3.0 since it can still work with USB 2 ports.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:21 PM - 8 December, 2011
Quote:
KENSINGTON LOCK!
USB 2 and/or 3
Parametric EQ

Great suggestions.
I'm surprised your wanting a faster X fader cut in time?
I'm not sure how much faster can it get. Its lightning fast already lol.
Quote:

Many people add these to coffins but I think a better approach would be to design rack ears that can be attached to the mixer thus keeping it flush without the rack ears.
hersh20 6:55 PM - 12 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
KENSINGTON LOCK!
USB 2 and/or 3
Parametric EQ

Great suggestions.
I'm surprised your wanting a faster X fader cut in time?
I'm not sure how much faster can it get. Its lightning fast already lol.
Quote:

Many people add these to coffins but I think a better approach would be to design rack ears that can be attached to the mixer thus keeping it flush without the rack ears.

- fader cut in has its issues, i have already needed to mod 3 different 57's because the cut in was wayyyy long. (bent the little magnet joints on the inside of the fader outward) sometimes its just one side of the fader sometimes its both, i have noticed it on almost every 57 i have used.
nik39 7:09 PM - 12 December, 2011
Quote:

+1.

Quote:
fader cut in has its issues, i have already needed to mod 3 different 57's because the cut in was wayyyy long.

whut? "wayyyyy" too long? That's what wifey says too ;) But I guess you mean something else [nm]
YZ 12:42 AM - 13 December, 2011
My worst fear is that they're going to take the classic DJ mixer (like the rane 54 & even somewhat the 56SL) and make it into a friggn' blinking light, NASA spaceship controller thing like what they did with the 68... and then put a $2500 price tag on it. Who the hell can afford a $2500 mixer anyways, seriously. I mean I can but jesus, that's way too much money sorry.

I'm an old school cat & I totally understand about staying up with all this midi /push play/everyone can be a dj crap... I do, but I'd be happy with the 56SL as is, just maybe add things like USB 3.0 x 2 inputs, another row of 5 buttons where the current ones are and that's it. The mixer as is now is clean and simple, free of knobs, extra un-needed faders and switches. Just give me a nice, clean, turntablist style 2-channel mixer please. I don't need a glow stick box.

My 2 cents.
djkrazyleo 6:02 AM - 13 December, 2011
+1
HighTopFade 7:07 AM - 31 December, 2011
I hope the new year offers us an updated 57.
The Version Suicides 12:05 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
My worst fear is that they're going to take the classic DJ mixer (like the rane 54 & even somewhat the 56SL) and make it into a friggn' blinking light, NASA spaceship controller thing like what they did with the 68... and then put a $2500 price tag on it. Who the hell can afford a $2500 mixer anyways, seriously. I mean I can but jesus, that's way too much money sorry.

I'm an old school cat & I totally understand about staying up with all this midi /push play/everyone can be a dj crap... I do, but I'd be happy with the 56SL as is, just maybe add things like USB 3.0 x 2 inputs, another row of 5 buttons where the current ones are and that's it. The mixer as is now is clean and simple, free of knobs, extra un-needed faders and switches. Just give me a nice, clean, turntablist style 2-channel mixer please. I don't need a glow stick box.

My 2 cents.

+1, indeed.
Sniper dj 9:31 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

My 2 cents.

+1, indeed.

Agree 100 percent here fella ,if it aint broke dont fix it . The ttm-57 is an awsome bit of kit . Had mine 5 years now and its as good as new . im in no rush to upgrade it either .
The Version Suicides 5:06 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

Quote:

Agree 100 percent here fella ,if it aint broke dont fix it . The ttm-57 is an awsome bit of kit . Had mine 5 years now and its as good as new . im in no rush to upgrade it either .

I must admit (seeing as I don't own one yet),..I'd love to see the audio interface upgraded.

I know they are the "standard" SSL mixer, but USB 2.0 is pretty much the standard technology at this point, as well.

Again, not an argument, just a preference.
djvtyme85 9:14 PM - 6 January, 2012
I personally can't tell the difference in sound quality when I'm playing out. I do know it sounds better than my 24 bit sl3 w/ my Staton sa12a mixer
sm.ghanem 9:02 PM - 11 January, 2012
I'm fine with the sound.

As YZ said above, I'd like it more suited to a clean turntablist style - add a row of extra B buttons (one for each deck) but if it gets too busy on the faceplate, move the contour and reverse functions to the front of the mixer, near the headphone socket. My reasoning is, that B buttons get used much more often than reverse switches (usually you set them to how you like it then leave them there).
The Version Suicides 6:34 PM - 19 January, 2012
Well, It would seem we have our answer now. :)
djfaq 9:13 PM - 19 January, 2012
+100
YZ 9:16 PM - 19 January, 2012
yea, except now they're making you buy the 62 because of XLR'less outputs and not enough cue points so if you're like me and am used to eh 57SL cues to trigger different things... you won't have that no mo.
dpetree 12:44 AM - 20 January, 2012
the 61 has the same output as the 62 just different cable
YZ 3:41 AM - 20 January, 2012
Wrong. Look at the pics. 61 only has 1/4" main outs while the 62 has XLR. Furthermore the 61 doesn't even seem to have jog wheels to scroll crates. What's the point? Mine as well ducktape a sl2 box to the side of it. My 2cents.
The Version Suicides 4:28 AM - 20 January, 2012
Quote:
Wrong. Look at the pics. 61 only has 1/4" main outs while the 62 has XLR.

They are 1/4" balanced outputs, so the "output" (sound quality) is the same, though a different connection.

Not trying to start anything, just a technicality.
YZ 2:13 PM - 20 January, 2012
Understood however they're not XLR's... besides that, who the hell uses 1/4" connections for MAIN outs anymore, 1/4" should be strictly mixing board/patch bay type hardware imo. They pull out too easy and 99% of powered speakers are XLR. This isn't 1990, just my 2 cents.
The Version Suicides 5:23 PM - 20 January, 2012
For me it's the quality of the jack.

I've seen really great xlr connections, and i've seen shite ones as well.

Just like any product.

I also prefer xlr, as do most.
hersh20 6:52 PM - 20 January, 2012
WHERE's the pricing! I need one of these 62's!
The Version Suicides 9:51 PM - 20 January, 2012
In us dollars they go $1399.00, $1999.00, and $2099.00.
hersh20 3:44 PM - 21 January, 2012
where is your source mr. version?
nik39 5:04 PM - 21 January, 2012
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
MAP 61: 1399$
MAP 62: 1999$
MAP 62-Z: 2099$
djdannyd 5:55 PM - 21 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

also here:
www.agiprodj.com
The Version Suicides 5:56 PM - 21 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

It would seem nik39 beat me to it.
hersh20 6:26 PM - 21 January, 2012
nice, i was wary of agi, just cuz the site looks pretty shabby and i never heard of it before.
nik39 6:37 PM - 21 January, 2012
AGI is an official Rane dealer.
djdannyd 7:02 PM - 21 January, 2012
official dealer?
nik39 7:12 PM - 21 January, 2012
Sorry, authorized dealer.
The Version Suicides 7:23 PM - 21 January, 2012
Quote:
Sorry, authorized dealer.

+ 1

they are awesome.
djfaq 11:28 PM - 30 January, 2012
Quote:
Most of the TTM57 owners here (like me) would probably agree with me that the TTM68 is way too much for our setup.. and we would like to stick the the 57 but with a better sound quality.
-
Are you planing to manufacture the TTM57 with SL2/3 audio engines ??

DJ's/Fellas "+1" me if you dig .

THE FUTURE IS HERE :)