Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

MUSIC TRANSFER

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
GVENOM247 2:38 AM - 16 April, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.7
---

I WANT TO PUT MY MUSIC FROM MY EXTERNAL DRIVE THAT I USE TO PLAY FROM MY CRATES BUILD IN SCRATCH LIVE TO MY COMPUTER.CAN I TRANSFER ONLY THE MUSIC IN MY CRATES TO MY COMPUTER TRU SCRATCH LIVE AND WHATS THE QUICKEST WAY IF SO.REMEMBER THE MUSIC ARE ON MY EXTERNAL DRIVE SO I WANT TO TAKE THE CRATE MUSIC IN SERATO AND PUT ON MY COMPUTER.I,M USING A MAC.THANK U.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:28 PM - 18 April, 2011
Hello Gvenom,

Here are directions on how to move an external library to your internal:

Step 1: Move your music library.

This pretty self explanatory. Copy your files from your external to your internal drive.
Place the files on your internal drive wherever your wanting them to live.

Step 2: Rename the folder your music files are stored in on your external drive.

For example: If all your music is sitting inside a folder named 'Serato Music' rename the folder 'Serato Music OLD'.
We're wanting to rename this folder so Scratch Live can't locate the files coming from your external.
If your music files aren't sitting inside one main folder then create a folder on the external, name it 'ALL MUSIC', and drag/drop your music files into the folder.

Step 3: Use the 'Relocate lost files' feature to have SSL find the files on your new drive.

1. Open SSL.

2. Click on the 'files' tab and then click the 'rescan id3 tag' tab.
At this point all the music coming from your external should turn pink indicating that Scratch Live can't find it.

3. Now drag/drop the folder your files are stored in (now on your internal drive) onto the 'relocate lost files' tab in the lower left corner of the files window.

That should calculate the location of your files on your new drive.

Note: You can also just click the relocate lost files tab to have SSL search over any drive connected to your comp.

That should do the trick!
GVENOM247 7:42 AM - 27 April, 2011
I,M HAVING MAJOR PROBLEMS. I HAVE JUST REM0VE ALL MY MUSIC FROM MY EXTERNAL DRIVE TO MY INTERNAL DRIVE.ALSO MY _SERATO_ CRATES FROM EXTERNAL DRIVE SO AS TO PLAY FROM MY INTERNAL DRIVE NOW. PROBLEM IS WHEN I REMOVE THE EXTERNAL AFTER AND OPEN UP SCRATCH LIVE. TRY TO PLAY I GET PINK.THEN I TRY DRAG THE FOLDERS TO MY RELOCATE LOST FILES.AFTER IT FINDS THE MUSIC I,M SEEING A LOT I MEAN A LOT OF MY MUSIC IN MY CRATES R SHUFFLE AROUND AND SONGS R BEING RENAME WITH OTHER ARTIST NOT THE ORIGANAL I PUT IN THAT SPECIFIC CRATES.I MEAN LIKE IF I HAVE A SONG EX.....MICHAEL JACKSON-BEAT IT IN A CRATE AND NOW IN THAT CRATE WERE THE SONG IS IS ANOTHER ARTIST WITH THE SAME SONG NAME AND THIS IS GOING ON WITH A LOT OF MY SONGS AND THE SONGS IN MY CRATE R NOT STAYING THE ORIGNAL WAY I PUT THEM. THIS IS SOOOO CRAZY ANY ONE CAN HELP PLEASE THIS IS MAJOR PROBLEM THANK U.
GVENOM247 7:42 AM - 27 April, 2011
Sorry about the high caps folks lol.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:07 PM - 5 May, 2011
Sorry for the delayed response. I just got back from vacation and catching up.
As for your issue. I think its best that you start from scratch using the directions I posted above. As long as you follow those directions specifically you shouldn't have the issue your having.