DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Which Side OF CV

justnoize 6:32 PM - 13 April, 2011
Just outta Curiosity.. What Side Of The Control Vinyl Do you Prefer..

Me Personally... Side A B/C its set up Like a Single Record as Apposed to an album Since that's what I've mostly purchased in vinyl

What About you?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:46 PM - 13 April, 2011
I always use side A. I don't think I even know what side B looks like.

lol, thats how I was with regular vinyl too. I'd buy it for the tune I wanted and totally disregarded the flip. Many times, years later I played the B side and said "oh snaps, I have this tune....?".
HandsomeRobDJ 6:59 PM - 13 April, 2011
On the CV's that came with my SL3 I try to switch back and forth regularly so that both sides wear evenly cause I'm cheap. If I'm doing a very involved mix I'll run the side with a longer playtime, which I think is B at 15 minutes. That way if I get really involved in the mixing and forget to pull the needle back I've got a little more room to move. I also got that Eric Orr robot pressing, whatever its called. On that one I run the patterned side for regular play and run the robot side for scratching since its great for visual references so I don't need stickers all over my vinyl.
Dj Mike P. 7:19 PM - 13 April, 2011
Strictly A side. There should be one with both sides the same as A.
AKIEM 7:20 PM - 13 April, 2011
Side A habit from when I used vinyl scroll
Niro 7:25 PM - 13 April, 2011
If the record is bowled/warped, I'll use the side that gives me the most grip. If the record is flat, I like to use Side A, shorter time, should mean bigger grooves for better skip resistance.
DJS/R 7:32 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
If the record is bowled/warped, I'll use the side that gives me the most grip. If the record is flat, I like to use Side A, shorter time, should mean bigger grooves for better skip resistance.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the grooves would be the same size. Just side A is 10 mins due to the scroll on that side.
justnoize 7:38 PM - 13 April, 2011
Who Cares about Bigger Groves When you have REL mode lol :-D
BERTO 9:45 PM - 13 April, 2011
I use b always
justnoize 9:48 PM - 13 April, 2011
Why B? B For berto? lol
BERTO 10:58 PM - 13 April, 2011
No longer runtime i guess less going into internal mode for those edm times
Laz219 11:29 PM - 13 April, 2011
I always use side A, not for any particular reason though. Except maybe that I really don't like the red labels.
DJ Dac 11:40 PM - 13 April, 2011
Side A, i should start using the b side since it goes into Internal all the freaking time...
ninos 12:44 AM - 14 April, 2011
i use whatever side is more slippy on my decks. mostly the B side!
DJ metaphor 2:00 AM - 14 April, 2011
I use A. always and forever lol
justnoize 2:51 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
I use A. always and forever lol

like luther vandross? ::sings:: always and foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr each moment with u
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:17 AM - 14 April, 2011
B, but yeah Serato needs to release a CV with more "CLEAR" space for gripping, towards the middle of the record...

Grooves are slippery.
justnoize 8:22 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
B, but yeah Serato needs to release a CV with more "CLEAR" space for gripping, towards the middle of the record...

Grooves are slippery.

+1
justnoize 8:48 AM - 14 April, 2011
BTW Have you Tried Cleaning your records with rubbing alcohol and using "SORTKWIK" - www.leeproducts.com on your fingers.?? its used in the bank by tellers to count money.. its Better than Licking and more "sanitary" who knows who else was licking there hands all over that mixer lol
Dubplate10" 11:20 AM - 14 April, 2011
Always the 10min side
DJ Remy USA 9:36 PM - 14 April, 2011
Which ever side has the most slip. I hate the side that feels heavy
DJ Dac 9:40 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:

just how i like my women...
Niro 11:43 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
Who Cares about Bigger Groves When you have REL mode lol :-D

Yes, REL is good for occasional skips, but if you're scratching or whatever and your needle is skipping, it will throw things off.
justnoize 2:05 AM - 16 April, 2011
Truuuee.
Dj Farhan 11:04 PM - 22 April, 2011
side b for me
Sticky K 1:14 AM - 23 April, 2011
Quote:

same here... and it seems to be true for side A on most of my CV's.
philldafunk 8:39 AM - 24 April, 2011
Side A just feels better to me for some reason
djbanno 10:24 AM - 24 April, 2011
Side B "Ducati red" FTW