Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

automatic crate update

DJ Infiniti 9:13 PM - 9 July, 2007
I have a question and suggestion if this doesnt exist.. i didnt find anything in any of the fourms so im posting this... I dont use itunes so when i add a new song to a folder in windows.. ie. if i have a hip hop folder on my drive..and then i add a couple new songs into that folder.. the changes arent reflected in my crates and i have to manually add these couple tracks to the hip hop crate.. i organize my crates just like its organized in windows, so if i have a subfolder in my hiphop folder ie. C:\hiphop\commercial then this should reflect any changes made in these folders. if this exists that would be awesome if it doesnt.. it should be added so that SSL will detect any changes made in the windows folders.
cappinkirk 9:15 PM - 9 July, 2007
dynamic folder crates...i think someone has suggested this

you can drag and drop your folders into serato

scratchlive.net
DJ Infiniti 9:24 PM - 9 July, 2007
Im not sure if i understand what you mean by dynamic folder crates... i know i can drag a windows folder right into the crate section.. but again this doesnt show any sub folders as sub-crates. if i drag a windows folder that has a sub folder in it.. ie. C:\hiphop\commercial this would jus make one crate and not showing the subfolder as a sub-crate. and how does dynamic folder crates automatically update new mp3s added to the folder and then reflect into the crate?
cappinkirk 9:34 PM - 9 July, 2007
well dynamic folder crates would be like defining a crate as a file path and then it would auto add the tracks in that folder...the "you can drag and drop..." was a workaround since we don't have dynamic folder crates. you would have to do it every time you update the folder.
DJ Infiniti 9:40 PM - 9 July, 2007
well since we dont have this feature it should def. be added!!! as you said.. the crate should reflect the file path so it will automatically recognize new files added.
jbunks 12:37 PM - 11 July, 2007
Setting up folders as crates would be good, but what if I have one track in more than one crate, does this effectively mean I need two copies?

Would take loads of disk space?
Konix 12:40 PM - 11 July, 2007
ScratchTools can sync crates to folders and update crates with the new songs...

scratchlive.net