DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

My latest pet peeve v. Remixes that keep saying they are remixes

DJ Prinvale` 11:42 PM - 6 July, 2007
I remember when this whole shouting "remix" in actual remixes started. At first it didn't bother me all that much, and they would only say it once, twice at the most, but lately I just delete 99% of tracks that are remixes that shout "remix" in the beginning over and over. Then go on explaining that it's a remix and that's how they do the remix. God damn, it makes me want to kick a midget.

Am I weird?
sixxx 11:43 PM - 6 July, 2007
Nope. I feel you. They have to shout out REMIX cause they're not really remixed... just a wack(er) version of the original.
AdamJay 9:14 AM - 7 July, 2007
thats cause most of them ain't even fucking remixes.

its the same damn track with a guest verse and nothing else.

if they didn't shout "remix", half the listeners wouldn't know.

b00000
DJ Prinvale` 9:18 AM - 7 July, 2007
Quote:
thats cause most of them ain't even fucking remixes.

its the same damn track with a guest verse and nothing else.

if they didn't shout "remix", half the listeners wouldn't know.

b00000

haha seriously!
Freedom 12:36 PM - 7 July, 2007
Dont forget pdiddy invented the remix.
deejayfatcat 12:46 PM - 7 July, 2007
While we are on pet peeves,

-spelling lines in a song. When the f did artist start stealing lines from Websters Dictionary?

-saying the artist name in the song. STRAIGHT UP CHEEZE. If the listener cant figure out who you are by your tone deaf shitty vocals, you are ass out.

-left over progressive house synths from 1997. It seems like all of the recent urban producers hit craigslist and copped every Yamaha CS1X that was being sold by down and out house music producers.
AdamJay 5:06 PM - 7 July, 2007
yea, another pet peeve...

new tracks where rappers gotta go "uhh... uh huh.." in the first fucking bar of the track.

motherfucker! that's my intro beat, i loop that. i'd prefer to loop the beat, and i'd prefer NOT to loop the beat with your retarded "uhhh's" on top of it.

shut the fuck up and wait 3 seconds pleeez!!
AdamJay 5:10 PM - 7 July, 2007
Quote:
While we are on pet peeves,

-spelling lines in a song. When the f did artist start stealing lines from Websters Dictionary?

-saying the artist name in the song. STRAIGHT UP CHEEZE. If the listener cant figure out who you are by your tone deaf shitty vocals, you are ass out.

its even better when they do both!!!..

...s innn double oh pee... dee oh double geee...

Quote:
-left over progressive house synths from 1997. It seems like all of the recent urban producers hit craigslist and copped every Yamaha CS1X that was being sold by down and out house music producers.

buying up used gear used to be what "made" alot of genres... look at the 303 and acid, but yea... people aren't really doing more than loading presets these days.

AN1X ftw!!!
dj hoodat baller 5:33 PM - 7 July, 2007
I hate when they say that this is the remix or say remix over and over. And mix tape dj's that just can't shut up
djpuma_gemini 6:53 PM - 7 July, 2007
clue....clue...clue...new jersey devil...new jersey devil...dk skee exclusive...dj skee exclusive...dj g i see ya...dj g i see ya...southern smoke...southern smoke.
allenbina 6:53 PM - 7 July, 2007
can we add when the artist yells "new shit" or anything of the like on their track. even nas did this on the track virgo. im no spacial physicist but i think the fact that time continues indefinitely will make that point invalid in about 6 months time.
AdamJay 6:55 PM - 7 July, 2007
My uncle is a spacial physicist and he is also thoroughly annoyed by that.
dj hoodat baller 6:56 PM - 7 July, 2007
Quote:
can we add when the artist yells "new shit" or anything of the like on their track. even nas did this on the track virgo. im no spacial physicist but i think the fact that time continues indefinitely will make that point invalid in about 6 months time.
+1
DJ Prinvale` 7:52 PM - 7 July, 2007
Quote:

ahha seriously!! WTF is up with that.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one :)
sixxx 9:51 PM - 7 July, 2007
I'm a spacial phys

Sorry. What was I saying? I spaced out.
Dj Barber 5:10 PM - 9 July, 2007
Lets face it, Remix's should just be called, "Oh, you other rappers wanted to rap over this beat too?" Cause thats all it is, I remember when Remixes had different beats, i.e. the Scenario Remix, had different lyrics ect. Now its just the same song with more people on it lol
tig ol' bitties 5:16 PM - 9 July, 2007
its the remix baaaaaby.
s42000 5:19 PM - 9 July, 2007
I want the Rap version ....
s42000 5:20 PM - 9 July, 2007
or the real Remix .... The Steve Silk Hurley Remix.
tig ol' bitties 5:23 PM - 9 July, 2007
remixes these days are simply the same exact song with an added cameo. thats it. Its like the rapper appearing on the "remix" didnt make a cut off the original, so they decide they want a piece of the pie.

I.e. get it shawty. Weezy has like a 16 bar rap on it right at the beginning, then its the same exact song as the original for the rest of it.
De LA 8:10 PM - 9 July, 2007
for real. Hip hop "remixers" and producers need to realize that to make stuff radio and club friendly you need some sort of intro. Not just for dj mix in. But radio jocks use that intro to talk over hit a time post. Thats why I hate a lot of southern hip hop...they talk and talk and shout out a slew of people the average listener doesn't know or care about. It makes for a really ugly intro. And it also gives companies like Funkymix and X mix the clientel they have.
shiestO! 8:32 PM - 9 July, 2007
Quote:
God damn, it makes me want to kick a midget.

Am I weird?

no sir!! not weird!
cappinkirk 8:56 PM - 9 July, 2007
this is clownin' but much overdue!

this thread is a REEEEEEEEEMIIIIIIIIXXXXXX

EXCLUSIVE!
cappinkirk 8:57 PM - 9 July, 2007
you could declare that the song comes out in the future...but that would be too nerdy
DJ Prinvale` 10:54 PM - 9 July, 2007
Quote:
this is clownin' but much overdue!

this thread is a REEEEEEEEEMIIIIIIIIXXXXXX

EXCLUSIVE!

haha you bastard!!! get out now!! :P
cappinkirk 2:57 PM - 10 July, 2007
this remix comes out tomorrow
DJ FUN TIMES :) 4:03 PM - 10 July, 2007
Why do these remixes have the same rappers on them?

I just want to hear a remix with out the following rappers and singers:

Jim Jones
R Kelly
Fat Joe
T Pain
Lil Wayne
etc.
sixxx 4:09 PM - 10 July, 2007
and Akon
djbriguy 4:16 PM - 10 July, 2007
and Akon. lol

Akon goes on my list with:
Beyonce
Jay Z
Lil Wayne
T-Pain
and R Kelly

....as the most annoying things in music of 2006-2007.
They're everywhere!! EVERYWHERE!! You'd think that Beyonce died and someone is releasing all of her studio work like 2pac or something.
cappinkirk 4:36 PM - 10 July, 2007
just because you've heard it a million times doesn't mean that everybody else has. ever get chills down your spine when you're at a party and a fresh jam comes on? remember the feeling? i haven't had it for a while but its something i'll never forget.

that's what a lot of people get when you're djing those same songs. someone hasn't heard it yet there & they are buggin when you play it like it just came out.

especially remixes, taking all the dopest parts of a hot song and making it fresh again with a new twist. thats whats hot!
J_Static 5:53 PM - 10 July, 2007
Quote:
And mix tape dj's that just can't shut up

OH GOD YES! DJ CLUE.....CLUE, DESERT STORM.....

STFU and let the track play
Jay-R 6:11 PM - 10 July, 2007
i gotta give it up for diddy for not having the same people on the last night remix. at least he used a different beat.
cappinkirk 7:36 PM - 10 July, 2007
did you hear the last night remix with hank williams jr. and prince? it uses the old beat.
tig ol' bitties 7:38 PM - 10 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
And mix tape dj's that just can't shut up

OH GOD YES! DJ CLUE.....CLUE, DESERT STORM.....

STFU and let the track play

theres this one Jigga track, where he says something about clue always yelling over the tracks...god damn it I cant remember the name, but its hella funny
Christophlex 8:25 PM - 10 July, 2007
What kills me is if your playing in a club and you actually play a real remix (with a different beat, etc) and it clears the dance floor because it's not the same version they hear 50 million times a day on commercial radio.
cappinkirk 8:32 PM - 10 July, 2007
i guess thats the benefit of yelling "exclusive New Shit" it doesn't work as well when its on an mp3.

it works well live though,

better than playing the new joint and everybody looking at you like "play glamorous"