Comments for the Serato Blog

Introducing Novation Twitch...

10:45 PM, 5 Apr 2011
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
maestromind 3:43 AM - 6 April, 2011
Will it be shipping with ITCH 2.0?
Serato
Brigid 5:06 AM - 6 April, 2011
No, it will not be shipping with ITCH 2.0, but when 2.0 comes out, it will be a free update for everyone.
blackavenger 5:31 AM - 6 April, 2011
Wow, that's cool.
Kevin Jones 12:38 PM - 6 April, 2011
as Brigid said. being a 2 deck vinyl dj is gonna be hard to get used to one of these. they seem amazing, but the only thing that would make me trade my ns7 is the weight
maestromind 2:34 PM - 6 April, 2011
Thanks, Brigid. Now we know ITCH 2.0 still won't be out in July...
Serato
Brigid 10:20 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Thanks, Brigid. Now we know ITCH 2.0 still won't be out in July...

Haha tricky. I just said that 2.0 would not be SHIPPED with Twitch, as boxed versions are finished long before they are shipped.

I didn't say anything when 2.0 would be out.
nik39 11:58 PM - 6 April, 2011
Here is another Twitch demo video some user has recorded during the first day of the show

Watchwww.youtube.com
amir rabinovich 10:23 AM - 7 April, 2011
dose it work with the serato pro sl3 ?
blackavenger 3:11 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Here is another Twitch demo video some user has recorded during the first day of the show

Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks for the vid, Nik.......this thing is going to be sooooo fun to mess with. Are they talking about a price point yet?
Loudat 3:30 PM - 7 April, 2011
Could this be used as an external USB controller to complement Serato Scratch Live?
Is it midi assignable?
nik39 5:25 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Could this be used as an external USB controller to complement Serato Scratch Live?
Is it midi assignable?

Yes, totally! there were rumours about some mappings, gotta check them first thoguh.

Black, yeah... I'll find out some prices for u,
maestromind 7:42 PM - 7 April, 2011
I heard $500 street.
nik39 7:48 PM - 7 April, 2011
Yeah, 5 or 6 street.
blackavenger 8:05 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
I heard $500 street.

Quote:
Yeah, 5 or 6 street.

That's perfect.
nik39 8:07 PM - 7 April, 2011
To be precise:
USA: $599.99 MSRP / $499.99 at dealers
UK: £399.99 inc. VAT street price
DE: €529.00 inc. Tax UVP (MSRP)
maestromind 2:35 PM - 8 April, 2011
I know this is a pipe dream, but it'd be amazing to use this with an NS7 as a second set of decks so you can get really crazy with Twitch's features while still maintaining a classic setup for normal mixing...
[O/][iii][O/] 7:02 PM - 11 April, 2011
Does anyone happen to know if a 4-deck/channel version of Twitch is in the works? Also, with this coming out around the time Itch 2.0 is scheduled to be released, are there any controls for the new sampler decks on Twitch?

BTW: Kudos Novation on the aluminum control panel and separate booth monitor output. Two features (booth output being vital) that several other controllers sadly missed the mark on. These types of thing speak volumes to professionals vs. home/hobbyist users. I would advise making the booth output jacks balanced TRS since that is what's found in most venues. That way the need for adapters is less likely. But at least the outputs/control is there which is better than nothing I guess. Also, how long are the channel faders? They appear to be nice and long (which is great), but pics can be deceiving. Can the crossfader be turned off?
frankieshin 4:56 PM - 13 April, 2011
I have video sl, is Twitch support Video Sl?
maestromind 6:23 PM - 13 April, 2011
Not unless ITCH 2.0 will support it.
Mic Terror 3:23 AM - 16 April, 2011
I was looking to get the VCI-300MKII but I think I may have that Twitch! I want to get a more lightweight and portable set for my penny pinching clients...I think this might do it
[O/][iii][O/] 5:42 PM - 18 April, 2011
More question about Twitch:

- Do the Low/Mid/High EQs cut to true "0" as in all the way off when turned counter clockwise, or do they just attenuate?

- Why are the touch strips positioned horizontally? Humans' hands/fingers don't naturally move in left/right direction when addressing them, rather they move up/down. You have to rotate your wrist/arm in order to get your fingers to comfortably pinch/swipe <<< >>>, where as if the strips where orientated vertically, no wrist/arm turning would b necessary. Hold you hands out and try it. You'll instantly see what I'm talking about.

- The product description said something about overlays for Traktor 2 or 4 deck control, but how is that possible with only two channel faders for controlling volume?

- Why are all level meter segments red rather than just clip being indicated by red as nearly every other piece of audio gear made?

Thanks
[O/][iii][O/] 12:06 AM - 22 April, 2011
Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?
jroc453 12:10 AM - 27 April, 2011
I'm so getting this for my small easy mobil setup... Any update on release?
DJChad72 3:45 AM - 27 April, 2011
i already have my pre-order in at Sweetwater! I love my Xone DX, but this is going to be easier to pull out at home and play, practice, and record. Plus at $500-600, can it get any better backup/2nd controller? I was going to get a 2nd Xone DX given the recent rebates. But why not at least introduce some variety to my creativity?

Awesome work by Novation and Serato! I cant wait to see how the Sampler in ITCH 2.0 will work with this thing!
Mutis 6:00 PM - 1 May, 2011
Quote:
Not unless ITCH 2.0 will support it.

Sorry?
azdjblue 11:06 PM - 25 May, 2011
I agree with Kevin Jones & maestromind. If I could only use that as a compliment to my NS7 setup that would be fantastic. I could really use a great controller side-by-side with my NS7.
Dj Ace 3:09 AM - 26 May, 2011
Ableton mapping on the way so could be used with he bridge!
Dj Ace 3:10 AM - 26 May, 2011
here it is: Watchvimeo.com
Mutis 8:32 AM - 26 May, 2011
Cool!

Slicer could be possible too and it will be really nice...
Dj Lil Big Wil 8:35 PM - 21 February, 2012
Amazing peace of equipment (technology) but I am so sick of all these new school digital DJ's that only sound good because the equipment does all the leg work. In my opinion if you cant mix with two turntable and vinyl (no software or buttons to push) then your not real. A Sync button, auto BPM really ?. where is the talent? With all this technology everybody is a Dj now. I would use this as an addition to my setup but never as a main unit. I still have my old school setup at home, two turntables and real vinyl, no Serato or laptop. I still dig in the crates. For my mobil gigs I use the NS7 because its the closest thing to the real deal, So what its heavy.
blackavenger 11:03 AM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
A Sync button, auto BPM really ?. where is the talent?

To play Devil's advocate, I would argue that the talent lies in the selection & phrasing. No magical button (or feature) can do that for you. That's why you hear all these noobs w' tempo-sync still crashing & what not......whereas, say, a veteran could use sync all night (AS A TOOL) and drop perfectly phrased tracks on all 4 channels, and give the crowd something that only someone with "experience" can provide.

Bottom line is Sync is not evil, it doesn't make you weak.....it's a tool to be utilized in the right hands.
Dj Lil Big Wil 7:48 PM - 28 February, 2012
Your right blackavenger. But I only say this because, before the digital days there where only a hand full of DJ's out there. Now everyone claims to be a DJ. Im just an old school DJ who believes you should learn the art of Djing with turntables and vinyl (no software or controllers) before you play with all the new school toys. I believe you should learn the skills using only your heart, eyes (to read the crowd), ears and hands. After you master that, all is fair. But Im definitely impressed with Twitch.
Dj Lil Big Wil 7:52 PM - 28 February, 2012
- Why are the touch strips positioned horizontally? Humans' hands/fingers don't naturally move in left/right direction when addressing them, rather they move up/down. You have to rotate your wrist/arm in order to get your fingers to comfortably pinch/swipe <<< >>>, where as if the strips where orientated vertically, no wrist/arm turning would b necessary.

I was wondering the same thing, Glad to know its not just me....
DJ Mic 4:48 PM - 14 June, 2012
-BEWARE OF THE AUDIO DROPOUTS (GLITCH) -

I owned the Novation twitch for 2 weeks before I returned it for a full refund. I love the concept and it's built great but as a MACBOOK PRO user, there should not be any audio dropouts.
I'm a Scratch Live and DJ intro user and there is no audio dropouts what so ever using my Mac.

Itch and Novation Twitch do not play well with audio processing. SO BEWARE OF THE NOVATION TWITCH.