Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

To be able to use 2 controllers at once for function.

djdsk 6:02 PM - 5 April, 2011
I want to be able to save my midi settings allowing for two things to control one function , i n my case fx on / off .

I am using novation dicers and dennon dn hc100s together . Mainly the hc1000s is to control the fx and files and dicers for cue points , loop rools and autloops as so close to the vinyl .

Booth work but the problems comes when i want to have the hc1000s and dicer booth control fx on and off . When i load the hc1000s fx preset the hc100s can switch on/off fx , then i hit midi and hold in loop on dicer and choose 5 to also switch fx on and off .

Now i can control the fx on and off with booth the dicer and hc100s BUT when i save the midi set up and reload only the dicer is controlling the on / off . Its impossible to save the settings . I have to manually set up before each show.

PLEASE allow us to set 2 midi controllers to one function and save the set up!
thebuttonfreak 1:54 PM - 6 April, 2011
+1
I always have need for this.
Blackie Lox 2:33 PM - 8 April, 2011
There's a workaround for this limitation...

You're gonna have to manually edit the .xml file for that to work. But it's not too difficult, all you need to do is duplicate the command line that you're mapping, and change the MIDI channel to that of your other controller (see example below)

This is how I mapped my scroll knobs on my Denon DN-S3700s (Left Deck=Channel 5, Right Deck=Channel 6):

<Control name="Scroll Library Knob" channel="5" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative OnOff" control="84" />
<Control name="Scroll Library Knob" channel="6" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative OnOff" control="84" />

Don't get me wrong, it would DEFINATLEY be a good feature to implement, but this is something that you can do for the time being.

I've lost all hope for Serato to enhance it's custom MIDI mapping capabilities... up to now they still haven't made some BASIC FUNCTIONS mappable (like deleting cuepoints!)
Blackie Lox 2:35 PM - 8 April, 2011
Another thing, you would need a midi translator (such as midipipe or midi ox) in order to override Serato's native map of your hc1000 and dicers
beezwax 9:07 AM - 14 April, 2011
i've been using an X1 and the dicers together with no problem.

i used the dicers for FX too but in a different way though:-

i only wanted the "echo out" on each deck with no adjustment, just on/off

so:-

1. i set up the echo out on the right hand DJ-FX and then leave it permanently switched on with the desired settings

2. i mapped the 'deck 1' and 'deck 2' buttons for the right hand DJ-FX to a button on the dicer, basically making those buttons function as 'echo out on/off'
beezwax 9:09 AM - 14 April, 2011
interesting that you mention deleting cue points Blackie Lox - i want to map that and i don't understand how it's possible on the dicers but not mappable. weird huh?
djdsk 11:50 AM - 2 June, 2011
thx Blackie i was wondering if i could do it by editing the .xml ill try it next week.
MikeyTen4 5:32 PM - 2 June, 2011
+ 1

... infact I posted a request for the exact same thing just yesterday - serato.com

Nice to know there's a workarund... I might try that later, but now that I've spent a day figuring out what to map where I'm not sure I can be bothered to start again! :-/ In any case, it would be great to have this supported natively in SL. It's pretty standard in other music software (e.g. DAWs) and it obviusly isn't an impossibility as far as how SL goes if the above works. Sounds like it's just an oversight to me?
MikeyTen4 5:43 PM - 2 June, 2011
*SCRATCH THAT*... Just realised, you actuyally want to do the opposite to me - map more than hardware control to a single SL function? I want to map a single hardware contrl to multiple SL functions.

What you're asking for can already be done I think - just hold 'shift', or 'ctrl', or 'alt' when clicking a function you want to map. This might be what you need - serato.com

It's radikarl's post about halfway down the page which you want. Hope it helps :)