Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

a tricky problem!

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Liam J 11:02 PM - 5 July, 2007
hey guys,

so my powerbook's slot-loading cd-rom has been defunked for almost a year, and i don't have the money right now to get it fixed.

ordinarily, i have found ways to work around it (i.e. load programs onto a friends laptop and then transfer the file via usb) but now, as i am preparing to purchase scratchlive, a question has arisen:

can i load scratchlive onto my friends powerbook and then transfer the program via usb or will i get denied because the program will think i am trying to pirate it? somebody told me that scratchlive prevents itself from being duplicated in this manner.

any info would be much appreciated.

cheers,

liam j.
nik39 12:33 AM - 6 July, 2007
Quote:
can i load scratchlive onto my friends powerbook and then transfer the program via usb or will i get denied because the program will think i am trying to pirate it? somebody told me that scratchlive prevents itself from being duplicated in this manner.

You can download the software from this forum - for free. No serial stuff, no copy protection. You will be able to prepare your library etc.

However, you won't be able to play any music if you don't have the SSL box.
AFR33K1000 2:36 AM - 6 July, 2007
The Latest and the Greatest.

scratchlive.net
djbriguy 6:25 PM - 9 July, 2007
I'm confused about this... couldn't people just download the software on here, and then buy a box from ebay or something?

I think Rane and Serato should make you confirm a serial number on these forums before being able to download the software
cappinkirk 6:33 PM - 9 July, 2007
is there a big black market of stolen sL1 units?
cappinkirk 6:33 PM - 9 July, 2007
oops should be a new thread