Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

using dn-h-1000s and dicers together

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djdsk 6:53 PM - 3 April, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.6
---

I am using novation dicers and dennon dn hc 100s together . Mainly hc1000s is to control the fx and files and dicers for cue points , loop rools and autloops as so close to the vinyl .

Booth work but the problems comes when i wan to have the hc1000s and dicer booth control fx on and off . When i load the hc 1000s fx preset the hc100s can switch on fx , then i hit midi and hold in loop on dicer and choose 5 to switch on and off .

Now i can control the fx on and off with booth the dicer and hc100s BUT when i save the midi set up and reload only the dicer is controlling the on / off . Its impossible to save the settings . I have to manually set up before each show.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:55 PM - 4 April, 2011
I dont believe you can save this mapping because you are mapping 2 controllers to the same function.

ScratchLIVE is going to remember the last setting you had and in this case it has been the Dicers so when you load the mapping - only the Dicer will control.
djdsk 3:54 AM - 5 April, 2011
RafaeIm this really needs to be changed, this means at every show i have to set up the MIDI . Its crazy not being able to have two things control the same thing in Scratch Live .

With all the fx and things available now there gonna be a lot of people wanting to do this , especially if dj as tam cos sometimes you got 2 guys wanting to control samples or cue points fx etc together as a team on 2 controllers .

The dicers are great as so near the vinyl and the dennon hc 100s great for the fx so together perfect !!!

Please can you request this feature ? Why did they make it like this in the first place?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:33 PM - 5 April, 2011
Im sure it can be done, but how high should it be on the priority list? Well this is when the Feature Suggestions part of our forum comes in :D

Please post this in the Feature Suggestions part of the Forum for Serato to consider. This is where Serato looks for new ideas and features in future versions: See here: serato.com
djdsk 6:05 PM - 5 April, 2011
OK i sent a reques,t for me its very high on priority list :)
In fact second only to FLAC support .

Thx RafaeIM
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:08 PM - 5 April, 2011
No problem!
djdsk 6:13 PM - 30 June, 2011
It is possible although a pain in the ass , edit the xml sheet and make it read only , then each time you open serato you have to reload it .
Rane, Support
RafaelM 10:30 PM - 30 June, 2011
Possibly, its worth a try...
11:00 PM, 14 Jul 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.