Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

WHO IS KRAAL???

Rrocksteady 5:15 PM - 31 March, 2011
avalanche was a bit OTT, but he had a point, everytime & i mean everytime somebody has a grievance to air, kraal you are ALWAYS jumpimg in with a smug comment as though the argument is personally directed at you! the thing is, i dont see a serato or techmate badge against your name...so what gives? just because we dont comment all the time, we still get emails saying "new message in tracked discussion" and we DO read them! @serato, i applaud you for leaving avalanche's reply for us to read even though he copped a ban! Kraal? you need to look back at some of your replies and see just how smug and condescending your comments really are!
lets see how well you can take constructive critisim.
one thing you did achieve avalanche, is a comment from a "serato guy" which i will quote once i've posted this, and have hit the back button!!
Rrocksteady 5:20 PM - 31 March, 2011
copy & pasted:

"avlanche, you can't behave like that on this forum. You can hassle our software as much as you like but you can't attack other forum members. So I've banned you.

This thread has become a magnet for stupid behavior so I'm locking it. Apologies to those of you who participated in this discussion in a constructive manner.

Feel free to start up some other discussions about future versions of ITCH, and more importantly sit tight for some official announcements."

bring it on serato!!! and let us get back to positive posting!!!!
Dj Beware 5:21 PM - 31 March, 2011
Haha another Kraal thread! your the man Kraal you are talked about almost as much as ITCH 2.0...
Dj Kabrini Greens 5:21 PM - 31 March, 2011
I know the answer to this.... Kraal is someone who has been on this board along time and loves the product just as much as I do. In fact we are so loyal that we have patience to work through issues and optimistic when it comes to FREE software upgrades. My advice to all those people that have all this negative passion built up about a great product.... take a chill pill.... it's not that serious. lol
zaguama 5:27 PM - 31 March, 2011
lol @ kraal thread, whats next a cerla thread? cmon guys, you should discuss your personal feelings on private message, lets keep the forums with an objective and professional environment like we all are ;)
BadBoyChubs 6:12 PM - 31 March, 2011
If i get the answer correct to "Who is kraal?", Do i get a new SL4 box?
pdidy 6:25 PM - 31 March, 2011
@ Rrocksteady.........TELL'UM WHY YOU MAD SON...LOL
Rrocksteady 6:37 PM - 31 March, 2011
you see! thats just my point! you guys have been entrenched in this sooooo long, your starting to believe you ARE the company!! that you MUST defend it as though you lives depend on it! but you are not techmates!! so stop being so condesending on newbies who join and voice an opinion! it feels like you guys are the police of the forum and issue parking tickets to all moving violations!! just because its another topic on your good friend doesnt make it a good thing!! the guy is doing something wrong because i dont see a lot of praise...you've totally ignored any points i have made & started jumping with glee at the mere mention of the mighty kraal, guys i got to tell you, from the outside looking in, its very sad! now verging on embarrassing!! how can i person be mentioned more than the software as you put it? if we want to keep this proffessional, tell one person to stop jumping in on everybodys posts, with condescending remarks, its off putting and childish...look! i even followed my post with a positive quote from the "serato guy" yet you mention nothing of that....very sad!
Maskrider 7:45 PM - 31 March, 2011
Kraal has been here since the beginning of time.........lol
BadBoyChubs 7:46 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
Kraal has been here since the beginning of time.........lol

So that makes him a Serato Cave man!!!!
Maskrider 7:47 PM - 31 March, 2011
Yes.....lol
damehype 7:51 PM - 31 March, 2011
It's because he, like so many of us, get tired of the same bashing comments from SSL users who don't like ITCH. If you have true gripes about what the software may be lacking for your preferences, there are official channels to voice your concerns called "Feature Request" threads. For the majority of us Itch does exactly what we need it to do
BadBoyChubs 7:52 PM - 31 March, 2011
They should remix the cave man commercial , " So easy that kraal can do it!" lol
soulfool 7:54 PM - 31 March, 2011
"Who is Kraal"

From past experience id say the dude had quite a bit of knowledge working with itch, believes in the tools he has rather than the tools he wants and is quite willing to help out others.
Maskrider 8:06 PM - 31 March, 2011
Don't get me wrong Kraal has been very helpful in the forums but if you come here bashing the software that we believe is very helpful in what we do........ All Mighty Kraal will be after you.......May this be a WARNING!!!!!

Just like in any other conversation if you come correct your not gonna hear shit......

So you gotta Check yo Self before you Wreck Yo Self.
kraal 8:15 PM - 31 March, 2011
i'm kraal nice to meet you.
Let's get one thing straight before you say anything about my track record here.
I never attack anyone.

i always state that i have no issue with the complaints against itch, but against the meaningless chatter and bashing saying this as 'itch sucks' as opposed to saying this needs to be added or changed.

I never banned anyone

I dont work for serato

I love ITCH and the fact i have made more money djing since i got itch

i am really not that important enough to form a thread about :)
Rrocksteady 8:34 PM - 31 March, 2011
copy & pasted:

"avlanche, you can't behave like that on this forum. You can hassle our software as much as you like but you can't attack other forum members. So I've banned you.

This thread has become a magnet for stupid behavior so I'm locking it. Apologies to those of you who participated in this discussion in a constructive manner.

Feel free to start up some other discussions about future versions of ITCH, and more importantly sit tight for some official announcements."

bring it on serato!!! and let us get back to positive posting!!!!
Rrocksteady 8:34 PM - 31 March, 2011
theres no doubting he know's his stuff and more power to him! thats not the point! the point is when someone voices their opinion dont continually condescend and embarrass them to the point that Avalanche got angry and "lost it" to the point of being barred from the forum...that is Not a good acolade to recieve...

lool @ M.R who just posted as im writing, no one will ever be after me, and no threats or warnings can be issued to me, i am intellectually astute enough to defend myself and i certainly dont scare easily!
and that last statement definitely is not directed at me...its very glib lol!!
alright, enough of this already...serato! please make that all important statement! release the all important update, and let us all come back on here and sing your praises to the heavens!
as i write this "the man" has just responded...see? u can be nice! lol! i like the post, yes your right, itch bashing is not the correct way to go, saying it sucks is pointless..

ok lets put this to bed now and move on....no more posting to this thread as it is officially DEAD!
kraal 9:31 PM - 31 March, 2011
one thing then i will let it die ? take the time to re read my post in the avlanche saga -- i was mearly 'fishing' for info

all my comments were legit -- i suggested selling a product that he didn't like
i pointed out videos were posted show exactly what itch and the controllers were

the i asked what was making him feel he was ripped off.
he choose to get irate at that point

why am i pointing this out? cause i am not being 'smug' as you suggest. See i actually i was trying to get to the point to make a suggestion no where was i being condescending. re-read it again with that in mind... this is a forum - lots of time i am on my phone so my answers are short and to the point. Like other who have had issues with what i say feel free to PM me most of the times we come to a clearer understanding
MusicDan 10:46 PM - 31 March, 2011
Please see this thread before continuing!!!

serato.com
DjBrianDowling 11:08 PM - 31 March, 2011
Kraal is too nice about itch

I respect anyones opinions but feel that he just likes itch the way it is without any frills, or at least he as all the time in the world for updates. Even when it does update he will probably stay at 1.7.1 or 1.5, whichever he is on now.

It is the opinion of the majority of people on this forum who believe that itch is way behind other dj software.

In some ways I wonder why he gets so defensive, I often wonder why he bothers to stay on the forum at all if he doesnt hunger for updates. The fact is there is probably(and i didnt count them) more negitive forum posts than positive ones.

I will always be of the opinion that the so call top dog Serato should have software that is very advanced. They should have the resources needed to pull it off. But they don't. Other so call cheaper dj software has features far behound what itch can do. Itch's only advantage is it's 1-1 software/hardware and i guess if you are to look at it close, that is why itch is so dam good at doing what it does.

But we are creative people who live in a world where dj's have moved way past 2 turntables and a mixer. Software should give us so so much more. But instead I need to bring 2 laptops and an ipad to a gig to be creative where scratch live users bring one laptop, but I want to use a controller not use needles

Kraal leave serato sort out the people who use strong language to bash itch, it's not your job

Kraal always jumps on any itch bashing posts to defend it. It does kinda feel like he is closer to serato than he lets us believe
kraal 11:31 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
Kraal is too nice about itch

I respect anyones opinions but feel that he just likes itch the way it is without any frills, or at least he as all the time in the world for updates. Even when it does update he will probably stay at 1.7.1 or 1.5, whichever he is on now.

again some need to actually read my post ... i was asking for a sampler and use of my nanopad at the time ... a few years back
i do save a lot of my ideas for when they matter in the public beta forums

Quote:
Kraal always jumps on any itch bashing posts to defend it. It does kinda feel like he is closer to serato than he lets us believe

usaually all i am saying is 'stop saying itch sucks' and tell mhat is needed. Like a lot of post that say itch needs to be like ssl but never say what features. point being this is a converstaion.

and if you wonder why i stay on the forum ... there are times when i can help someone or someone can help me.

as far as me being to nice about itch... this is an itch forum :) i discuss vdj in the vdj forum ect.
djcerla 11:40 PM - 31 March, 2011
"WHO IS KRAAL?" is not a bad title for a song. Featuring Fatman Scoop, obviously, for that angry tone.
kraal 11:57 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
"WHO IS KRAAL?" is not a bad title for a song. Featuring Fatman Scoop, obviously, for that angry tone.

ha
MusicDan 12:30 AM - 1 April, 2011
Instead of "Crooklyn Clan", it"ll be "Cincinnati Man".
soundbiter 12:34 AM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
who is kraal???

That fanboy on the forums who responds with one liners to posts he doesn't agree with.
DJ dVO 12:35 AM - 1 April, 2011
I wonder if there is more bitching and complaining if Serato decides to make it a PAID upgrade to any new Itch release.

I just don't understand why people expect their car a bimmer when they paid for Ford.
soundbiter 12:41 AM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
I wonder if there is more bitching and complaining if Serato decides to make it a PAID upgrade to any new Itch release.

I just don't understand why people expect their car a bimmer when they paid for Ford.

lol.

Itch is a Ford priced as a BMW.

Competitors are BMW's priced correctly. (Except you get the option to pay the Ford price with more controller versatility)
zaguama 2:17 AM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I think Kraal is an insider. So Kraal when can we Beta Test ITCH 2.0?

1+

lol taken from the thread from musicdan, October 2009 BTW!
MusicDan 2:27 AM - 1 April, 2011
lol!!!

Good observation Z.
DJ Oasys 4:20 AM - 1 April, 2011
He is so passionate about Itch that he wanted to spread it out to everyone and his gesture is sometimes misconstrued by people. BTW Kraal help me a lot with my Mac and Itch issues. Thanks Man :)
RCee 4:25 AM - 1 April, 2011
Can all you haters start like a itchsucks.org or something and go jerk each other off there? Seriously every other post some asshole has to put in their 2 cents about VDJ or whatever...Jesus...
I researched the hardware/software long before I spent all that money...took a gamble, but guess what, bought a PC up to specs, followed optimize guides, and guess what..IT WORKS!...flawlessly...now I realize I could have bought a laptop that for whatever weird 1 in a 100 reason had some design/software glitch that would cause problems...having DONE my research I would probably have come to the conclusion that yes I am an unlucky one, and either request a tech's help, or sell the sh*t and buy a diff one. About the last thing I would do is come on here and tell the devs they suck and to learn how to do their jobs. Do half the people complaining in here even realize that there have probably been tens of thousands of these things sold all over the world, and how many people set it up, run it and never have a problem? Therefore don't come here asking for help?

Good job Serato...I got exactly what I paid for and more IMO...whatever new features may or may not come out, it will just be more bang for the buck...simple as that..

That's MY 2 cents :)
jon- e- blaze 4:49 AM - 1 April, 2011
This is to all new members with attitudes... WHO IS KRAAL.....

kraal is like medicine sometimes it doesnt taste good going down but its good for you... and it makes you better... The first week i got on the forum i had some issues with kraal.. i thought he was being stand offish... over the weeks i read several other newbies posts as they were having issue with him to... as i read more and more i realized he just has a straight forward way of thinking... anyway as time went on i saw he had knowledge and i private messaged him for some help... To this day he has given me some of the best help, tips advice...etc that i have ever had in regards to the dj world. I would advise any user to put your pride aside.... this guy really does just want to see you do better.
dj56_56 5:39 AM - 1 April, 2011
That's why in my beginning on this forum.. I told dude.. Don't say nothing to me.. Him and his homie.. who is trying to win brownie points with Serato.. He should be the one get banned.

I am suprised his dj homie hasn't said something... who also annoyed Avalanche to snap.
J-Love 6:44 AM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
I know the answer to this.... Kraal is someone who has been on this board along time

So? The janitor has been cleaning the White House for 27 years... does that qualify him to be President?

Treat everyone with respect. There are probably VERY talented people here that don't post a lot. Doesn't make their opinions any less valuable.

I'm sure there are some here who appreciate his insight and willingness to help, but maybe he should turn down the attitude knob.
kraal 7:03 AM - 1 April, 2011
Maybe I am vain but I think this thread is about me.
kraal 8:03 AM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I know the answer to this.... Kraal is someone who has been on this board along time

So? The janitor has been cleaning the White House for 27 years... does that qualify him to be President?

Treat everyone with respect. There are probably VERY talented people here that don't post a lot. Doesn't make their opinions any less valuable.

I'm sure there are some here who appreciate his insight and willingness to help, but maybe he should turn down the attitude knob.

i would like to know what is the attitude .... i have never called anyone names on this forum but i am the one with attitude? i this thread alone i am being called out personally and have never stuck back. the above post compared me to a janitor. but to quote de la on that:
'and if I was a rug cleaner
betcha Pos'd have the cleanest rugs I am.'

but then again i just got done with my gig and had some entertaining reading ... to those 'defending me' I thank you. For those who don't like me. thats fine. but honestly i think there are better things to talk about other than if me suggesting selling a midi controller that some one feels is crap is rude. Some more pressing looming issue. I just can't place my finger on it with all these other distractions.... oh yeah thats right there is going to be an anouncement about the future of itch in the next 7 days or so.
Maskrider 9:05 AM - 1 April, 2011
Thats how popular you are kraal that they start a thread about you......lol
zaguama 10:05 AM - 1 April, 2011
yep, who else got their own thread, not even serato staff, this guy needs techmate stauts just for having his own thread lol. i would've created a thread for czar back in the days :p (j/p)
BadBoyChubs 10:14 AM - 1 April, 2011
no body never started a thread about me!!! let me go pick fights, WHO wanna Fight? I want my 15 mins of fame too!
Dj Ricky Redz 11:38 AM - 1 April, 2011
hey badboychubs!!! this post is about kraal!! go get a life man!!! lol! (fight is on)
BadBoyChubs 12:10 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
hey badboychubs!!! this post is about kraal!! go get a life man!!! lol! (fight is on)

GET A LIFE??????? you sayyyyyyyyyyy. welll the fight is on, lol

You always picking on me~!!! i can post where i feel like. u jus like kraal, lol
Dj Cooly C 12:25 PM - 1 April, 2011
Shout out to Kraal and all the Dj's that post on the forum, you all have been helpful to me.
J-Love 3:53 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
the above post compared me to a janitor. but to quote de la on that:
'and if I was a rug cleaner
betcha Pos'd have the cleanest rugs I am.'

No it does not compare you per se. It applies to anyone. Just because someone spends a lot of time somewhere, it makes them no expert. I know many DJ's that have been DJing for 10 years, but it's more like they have one years experience 10 times. I'm not saying you are that person, just saying because one has been posting here forever does not make them a guru.
kraal 4:00 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
just saying because one has been posting here forever does not make them a guru.

i never said i am a guru ... put i will say if itch was on jeopardy i am pretty sure i will do well :)
Kmxorbit 4:02 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
I'm not saying you are that person, just saying because one has been posting here forever does not make them a guru.

Correct... I'm actually the guru...
You didn't see that one comming huh? LOL!^^
J-Love 4:04 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

just saying because one has been posting here forever does not make them a guru.

i never said i am a guru ... put i will say if itch was on jeopardy i am pretty sure i will do well :)

Bro....
I AM NOT talking about you... try to understand that this is directed more to the person who said you have been here forever. Get it?
But I have seen your videos.... ;)
kraal 4:08 PM - 1 April, 2011
no worries i am just having fun with this ridiculous thread
D-RoC71 6:39 PM - 1 April, 2011
Has anyone actually heard Kraal spin??? Any judgement????
D-RoC71 6:43 PM - 1 April, 2011
Opinion of his skills????
Dj Beware 7:12 PM - 1 April, 2011
check his mixes in mix thread...regardless why does it matter how he spins? if he sucks the facts he states about ITCH are still valid, and anything opinionative is still just that his opinion....man people have time, I wish I had time in my life to make threads about people on the ITCH forum....I want more time to make remixs and mixtapes ect. not single out forum members...
BadBoyChubs 7:31 PM - 1 April, 2011
he is live now, so check him out on ustream
Javier drada 8:06 PM - 1 April, 2011
en.wikipedia.org

There are a few here...
Javier drada 8:07 PM - 1 April, 2011
No disrespect to Kraal, I just think it's funny.
Javier drada 8:07 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
en.wikipedia.org

There are a few here...

refer en.wikipedia.org
D-RoC71 8:11 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
check his mixes in mix thread...regardless why does it matter how he spins? if he sucks the facts he states about ITCH are still valid, and anything opinionative is still just that his opinion....man people have time, I wish I had time in my life to make threads about people on the ITCH forum....I want more time to make remixs and mixtapes ect. not single out forum members...

I'll tell you why it's valid - I would take Cerla's opinion far more that from Kraal's.
It's like going to the gym and going to get trained by a trainer who doesn't seem like he knows what he's talking about cause his manboobs are actually bigger than dolly partons.... I'm more receptive to someone who I actually respect for mastering their craft. You feel me????
D-RoC71 8:14 PM - 1 April, 2011
If Funkmaster Flex...Kid Capri or DJ Rev gives you a criticism, would you take it over Kraal's???? Feel Me????
kraal 8:27 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
If Funkmaster Flex...Kid Capri or DJ Rev gives you a criticism, would you take it over Kraal's???? Feel Me????

when have i ever critsized anyones mix ... now you are just trying to start mess
D-RoC71 8:30 PM - 1 April, 2011
I've the same problem as Rocksteady. The question is "not" whether he's knowledgeable or not, it's how he approach you in a very condescending and somehow be-little you.
I understand that you've been with ITCH since they've invented white bread, but you're not the only one who's been with ITCH.

You know what they say..... "people who thinks that they know everything is actually annoying to the one's who knows some things....

And it's not your mix I'm criticizing.... it's your attitude... you give opinion like you've invented mixing or made ITCH. We never get the same respond from any mods here that way you do. And it is obvious that it is evident because there's a few in this forum that felt the same way.

So you just need to chill with your opinion if you don't want to get one....
D-RoC71 8:33 PM - 1 April, 2011
All I'm saying is that I would go to Cerla for questions waaaaaaaayyyyyyy before I'd go to Kraal....
D-RoC71 8:36 PM - 1 April, 2011
your credibility gives weight to your opinion.....
kraal 8:36 PM - 1 April, 2011
can you quote some of these condescending and attitude comments you are referring to?
D-RoC71 8:43 PM - 1 April, 2011
Bro.... Can't you just admit it? Someone here took the freakin' time out of his day to start a thread about "YOU" and your ways of giving opinion.
What else do you freakin' want? A newspaper article??? Geez....
D-RoC71 8:44 PM - 1 April, 2011
Here's one....

@djreplay --- i really dont see a need in beat gridding these songs... standard sync works fine with very minimum nudging here or there.... i am guessing you dont want to have to nudge which i guess is ok but what are you doing when these songs are playing???? the duty of being a dj is a lot more than just playing one song then the next.... keeping songs like this in sync has always been a skill of a good dj
D-RoC71 8:46 PM - 1 April, 2011
Here's another one....

Quote:
If Midi learn capability is implemented on ITCH. It can use any midi controllers that suits its user.

and defeats the whole point of itch --- itch software is free to make money they have to sell a controller
D-RoC71 8:49 PM - 1 April, 2011
Here's another one....

try cleaning it then report back...until that is eliminated i have no other input
kraal 8:49 PM - 1 April, 2011
really those are considered insulting and condescending ?
D-RoC71 8:50 PM - 1 April, 2011
I give up bro.... you asked for it and still not satisfied.
I wish you live around my area so I can battle you and put you out of your misery....
D-RoC71 8:52 PM - 1 April, 2011
you just sound so darn arrogant and highly opinionated!!!!!
D-RoC71 8:55 PM - 1 April, 2011
Any MODS...Please lock this thread already..... PLEASE!!!!!
kraal 8:56 PM - 1 April, 2011
ket's go to the button issue thread where you had issues ...
i suggested cleaning -- you asked why only one button --- the i said
'try cleaning it then report back...until that is eliminated i have no other input'
that was not an insult of anything that was the steps i suggested cause if it was just dirt then sending it back to the shop for repairs would be eliminated ...
D-RoC71 9:01 PM - 1 April, 2011
couldn't you just leave it alone? You made the suggestion and it was noted.
It's like saying to me... if you don't do what I say, then I have nothing to tell you..
Why don't you just not tell me anything at all?????
kraal 9:13 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
couldn't you just leave it alone? You made the suggestion and it was noted.
It's like saying to me... if you don't do what I say, then I have nothing to tell you..
Why don't you just not tell me anything at all?????

cause honestly i was trying to help -- no ill intentions at all
D-RoC71 9:16 PM - 1 April, 2011
We all know you're trying to help and we all appreciate it.. but you have to understand how you come accross and your delivery. It sounds like you get annoyed pretty quick.
kraal 9:27 PM - 1 April, 2011
which is fine but a pm would be better than a whole thread :)
Dj cuervo 9:29 PM - 1 April, 2011
Serato please release 2.0 beta tomorrow so ppl can have somethin to talk about. LMAO
DJ Cs 9:30 PM - 1 April, 2011
I'll sum it up this way. If you haven't been offended by Kraal or Dj Cerla (my other favorite on here), then you haven't been on this board long or not contributing.

I've had my say about both and would never question their skills. I would definitely say they could have better tact.

For example if you are trying to show someone that it is not constructive to just say "ITCH SUCKS" you don't counter with "sell it if you don't like it".

You miss the explanation provided in the text below the title and jump directly on the title. Either way it doesn't change the person's mind (not that they're trying to).

DJ Cerla is extremely knowledgable and gifted, and Kraal may be as well, it is when they come of as demeaning another for their views rather than explaining why they like it (or not responding to rants) that make others take offense.

Either way, I'm not singling these two out, but wanted to say both are actually forum favorites and you learn to overlook the tone and take in the message.

It's like that uncle at the family reunion, you don't like how they deliver the message, but many times he is correct.

Can someone make a mix sampling Michael Jackson's "who is it", Chris Browns "Crawl" and make a beat "WHO IS KRAAL?". Hope I'm pronouncing Kraal correctly....probably not.

I may have to do it myself if he keeps it up ;)

Funny topic....but really ITCH 2.0 relief I guess.
D-RoC71 9:37 PM - 1 April, 2011
Yeah... but he's not my UNCLE so it's not tolerable... But how's those 2.0 coming along?????
Maskrider 10:14 PM - 1 April, 2011
Kraal and DjCerla has been very helpful for people asking questions about the product in general this guys have made a video on certain threads to give tips to other forum members.

If the new version of ITCH is here we would'nt be talking about this......... All this pre release stress that is going on right now here in the forum is contagious......lol
damehype 10:20 PM - 1 April, 2011
Man, there are really some sensitive people on this forum. Guys please, get over it... it's the Internet. SMDH & LOL
zaguama 10:22 PM - 1 April, 2011
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) refers to a wide range of physical or emotional symptoms that typically occur about 5 to 11 days before a woman starts her monthly menstrual cycle.

i guess we have PIS (PreITCH Syndrome).
damehype 10:25 PM - 1 April, 2011
More like BIAS (B-ITCH-Assness Syndrome)!!!
SOULKHITECT 10:26 PM - 1 April, 2011
KRAAL is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

KRAAL counted to infinity - twice.
is can cut through a hot knife with butter

KRAAL can slam a revolving door.
zaguama 10:30 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:

Can someone make a mix sampling Michael Jackson's "who is it", Chris Browns "Crawl" and make a beat "WHO IS KRAAL?". Hope I'm pronouncing Kraal correctly....probably not.

I may have to do it myself if he keeps it up ;)

Funny topic....but really ITCH 2.0 relief I guess.

thats the spirit, always thinking on mash ups and remixes on every opportunity haha.
damehype 10:30 PM - 1 April, 2011
KRAAL SIMPLY IS.... THE MOST INTERESTING GUY ON THE PLANET.
DJ Cs 10:57 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
KRAAL SIMPLY IS.... THE MOST INTERESTING GUY ON THE PLANET.

So, that was him on the commercial? i heard he split atoms....musically !!

He is the mythical seventh Serato master.
djcerla 2:30 AM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:
All I'm saying is that I would go to Cerla for questions waaaaaaaayyyyyyy before I'd go to Kraal....

thanks mate, I appreciate, however, kraal knows ITCH clockworks and smallest features much better than me! I think he's n.1, hands down, on this board as far as ITCH deep-knowledge is concerned.

he has his own special way to interact with people, and he may seem harsh sometimes (I've argued with him as well).

but, at the end of the day, there's only positivity and a strong will to help in what he does here! it's just... "KRAAL'S WAY" :)
DJdaveZ 3:17 AM - 2 April, 2011
Cerlasconi for president!
Ragman 3:52 AM - 2 April, 2011
I have one question. kraal why are u trying to convince someone who doesn't want to be convinced? U are never gonna please everybody and hell some people are not gonna like you just because you were born. What I'm getting from these guys are they just don't like you. Period! But guess what? 98% of the forum have respect for you and that's what you should focus on. Quit adding wood their fire dood. Sometimes it's ok to walk away.
kraal 6:42 AM - 2 April, 2011
I agree just felt I needed a rebuttal documented in this thead so someone reading can see where I am coming from
Kanario Dj Producer 7:34 AM - 2 April, 2011
WoW! I just found this thread!

I think the guy who started this should post APRIL FOOLS at the end of this thread and lock it!!!!

You guys definitely need new software!

BTW! I read that Traktor is coming out with a mixer built by Pioneer to compete with the Rane TTM 57sl. The competition between the two platforms is really heating up!
kraal 8:02 AM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:

BTW! I read that Traktor is coming out with a mixer built by Pioneer to compete with the Rane TTM 57sl. The competition between the two platforms is really heating up!

yeah very interesting stuff.....
Kmxorbit 11:16 AM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) refers to a wide range of physical or emotional symptoms that typically occur about 5 to 11 days before a woman starts her monthly menstrual cycle.
i guess we have PIS (PreITCH Syndrome).

Classic ^^

Quote:
I'll sum it up this way. If you haven't been offended by Kraal or Dj Cerla (my other favorite on here), then you haven't been on this board long or not contributing.

Totally wrong. I'm as long on this forum as they are and I was never offended, intimidated nor personally insulted by neither of them.
In fact, both of them have a strong opinion the way they play music and how they want to see Itch evolving. I have my own approach which differs sometimes. We had already some contradictions, and actually I'm very glad they have that. Because they make me think out of my own box. Their feed back gave me already new ideas in becomming a better DJ with the gear I love.
I just really feel they are also very professional people busy with their passion.

So Kraal and DJ Cerla, Respect to both of you and I really hope we can actually meet one day. (if even possible spinning some time together... ^^)

For the other people here who do feel offended by their way of writing or talk, consider one thing:
They try to help, with the knowledge they have, in the way they're using itch. Think about it before feel offended, and your eyes will open....
DJ Cs 12:46 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

Totally wrong. I'm as long on this forum as they are and I was never offended, intimidated nor personally insulted by neither of them.
In fact, both of them have a strong opinion the way they play music and how they want to see Itch evolving. I have my own approach which differs sometimes. We had already some contradictions, and actually I'm very glad they have that. Because they make me think out of my own box. Their feed back gave me already new ideas in becomming a better DJ with the gear I love.
I just really feel they are also very professional people busy with their passion.

So Kraal and DJ Cerla, Respect to both of you and I really hope we can actually meet one day. (if even possible spinning some time together... ^^)

For the other people here who do feel offended by their way of writing or talk, consider one thing:
They try to help, with the knowledge they have, in the way they're using itch. Think about it before feel offended, and your eyes will open....

What I said.

One thing, If you come off as talking down to someone...that's what it is.

If you come off as condescending and you're called out for that by many people time after time...that's what it is.

I have seen them both explain themselves, which better summed up their views. They didn't have to do that and most of us could care less....it's just their opinion.

Others have done the same and contributed just as much to the forum. It would be extremely annoying just to have the view of these two, no matter how talented or knowledgeable.

We should have respect for all members. We all have earned the right to say what we want with our dollars and my dollar is just as valuable as DJ craze.

The internet is the great equalizer, many would not be so bold to say things to others, the WAY they are saying them in person.
Kmxorbit 1:09 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:
We should have respect for all members. We all have earned the right to say what we want with our dollars and my dollar is just as valuable as DJ craze.

I fully agree on that one.

To conclude this thread:
I'm here to read stuff about Itch and other Dj stuff.
I don't see any added value in threads over forum members.
I suggest to move on to "Itch and related DJ stuff" and close this thread.
DJ Cs 1:10 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I fully agree on that one.

To conclude this thread:
I'm here to read stuff about Itch and other Dj stuff.
I don't see any added value in threads over forum members.
I suggest to move on to "Itch and related DJ stuff" and close this thread.

+1
Dj Fitty 2:29 PM - 2 April, 2011
kraal t-shirts "SELL IT, ITS NOT FOR YOU" "UNDERSTAND WHAT A PRODUCT CAN DO AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE" just to name a couple
kraal 4:01 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:

The internet is the great equalizer, many would not be so bold to say things to others, the WAY they are saying them in person.

truth be told anything i say here i would say to you face and that's a FACT.

Quote:
kraal t-shirts "SELL IT, ITS NOT FOR YOU" "UNDERSTAND WHAT A PRODUCT CAN DO AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE" just to name a couple

you wanna know who also said that to me in an email Ean Golden. I appologize if that sounds rude , but i think it is sound advice. If you purchased a vespa and thought it was going to be different than what it is ... would you continue to ride it hoping it was a motorcycle or sell it and get what you need?

i purchased virtualdj .... it did not do what i wanted as a dj when i purchased it. Gave away my total control and moved on... my own advice i would give to anyone. now i have software that works for me. Look back at my post i think maybe only one person that i said sell it has said 'no and explained why' then i never suggested that again . all it is is a suggestion you don't have to do anything i say.
djcerla 4:32 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I think an ITCH gathering would be fun. Not everyone has the skill to perfectly translate his ideas into a written message, so much of the intended mood may easily be misunderstood or totally reversed. It's called "channel noise". For non-English native speakers it's even harder.

Meeting face to face is very different and for sure no negativity would emerge as a consequence of that "channel noise".
kraal 4:33 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

I think an ITCH gathering would be fun. Not everyone has the skill to perfectly translate his ideas into a written message, so much of the intended mood may easily be misunderstood or totally reversed. It's called "channel noise". For non-English native speakers it's even harder.

Meeting face to face is very different and for sure no negativity would emerge as a consequence of that "channel noise".
i agree
kraal 4:34 PM - 2 April, 2011
ok quotes are messing up the thread is trying to close itself :)
djcerla 4:34 PM - 2 April, 2011
ahahaha misquoting festival
Kmxorbit 5:28 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:
ahahaha misquoting festival

LOL!
Channel noise is definitely an issue for the non-English native speakers (like myself).
haze324 6:05 PM - 2 April, 2011
I sold my VCI-300 :)

Was gonna sell my NS7 and in a very condescending remark, Kraal remarked I should keep it. He sounded like a know it all jerk, but I kept it. I have blast on it since I've been playing on it recently.

I don't like his tone, I love my NS7. It was good advice. What can you say, it's the internet. Cerla, has talked some trash to me as well about my S4, he's also given me good advice and I invited him out for a beer during Ultra. Shit happens, thicken up your skin, and learn how to fire back.

It gives this place some life.
kraal 7:41 PM - 2 April, 2011
haze has a good point after a convo with him about the s4 ( i had a brief look at it and said the jogs were pointless he said they were not) I took the time to actual spend some hands on time with it and reported back to say it was a lot better than i thought. Its all just opinions take what you want from them and leave what you dont.
zaguama 8:03 PM - 2 April, 2011
i made a remix, duck sauce - kraal.
kraal 9:41 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:

i know this will sound arrogant on my part but i am sure funkmaster flex is on my list of one of the LAST people i would go to for itch technical help :)

i saw kid capri last week and he wasn't using itch :)