Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pioneer DDJ T1 compatible with serato

Product
ITCH
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Sadik21 8:15 AM - 27 March, 2011
Product: itch
Version: dont-know
Hardware: pioneer-ddj-s1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.6
---

is the Pioneer DDJ T1 compatible with serato sl1 for using all native controls etc?
dr_bbq 1:16 PM - 27 March, 2011
No because there is a dongle integrated for using Serato software...
dr_bbq 1:18 PM - 27 March, 2011
A sorry missunderstand the question ;)

The DDJ-S1 can be assigned as midi controller in Scratch Live. Unfortunatly the jog wheels are not supported till now. I think it will be the same with the DDJ-T1.
skinnyguy 12:16 PM - 29 March, 2011
it can?!?!
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:35 PM - 29 March, 2011
LOL
Sadik21 9:23 PM - 29 March, 2011
Thanks still trying to make a desicion to see what to buy
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:02 PM - 29 March, 2011
Some very limited stuff on this will kind of work with scratchlive but you will still need another mixer and a rane box so would be totaly useless and big waste of money. And it defo wont work with serato itch. If you want to use serato you have to buy the ddj-s1 and use itch.
skinnyguy 9:33 PM - 30 March, 2011
so....the S1 can control some of ssl's features...but you still need another external mixer for the audio? the S1 can NOT do this while being used as a midi controller for ssl?
skinnyguy 9:35 PM - 30 March, 2011
i'm trying to make my loads easier here. i don't mind lugging the sl1 to hook up all the time...but to bring another mixer AND the s1? bleah...
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:20 AM - 31 March, 2011
Its really not ment for scratchlive. Its ment for itch. If you got this for scratchlive you would be wasting money it just isnt going to work that well at all. You be better off buying some cdj 400s to use with scratchlive and the djm 400 mixer.
dr_bbq 9:53 AM - 31 March, 2011
That's right. I've you want to use it only with scratch live it's really a waste of money. You will never get the comfort of a regular pioneer dj set. I was already a proud owner of scratch live. So for at home or gigs were I have to bring my own gear I use now itch. At clubs were equipment is provided i use scratch live. This works perfect because both programms share the same library. And if you know to handle the one software you will be also fine with the other software. The only big difference is the internal mixing.

As an improvement I would like to recommend serato to bring the layout of itch even more closer to that of scratch live. I personally think it's the better one because the two decks are bigger and on a better position.
skinnyguy 1:27 AM - 1 April, 2011
i know it's designed for itch....i'd just like to know if this is mappable for ssl?

why isn't it going to work well with ssl as a midi controller? is ssl that terrible with midi? from my understanding, it isn't...or is the s1 a terrible midi controller? or is it because you can't map the decks in ssl?

i'm just getting old and tired of lugging the heavy gear but i prefer most of the features of ssl over itch.

get me a controller for ssl in the size of the s1 and i'm sold.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:15 AM - 1 April, 2011
Ssl no midi out so none of the buttons will lights up. And no midi suport for jog wheels and no midi suport for an internal mixer. Audio has togo out of the rane hardware. So ya it really aint going to work apart from a couple of buttons.
skinnyguy 6:57 PM - 1 April, 2011
lit up buttons would be nice. the wheels would be a problem. but using the line out from the sl1 to the line in for the s1 would be fine with me...wait, does the s1 have inputs for each channel?
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:52 PM - 1 April, 2011
Nope
skinnyguy 10:51 AM - 2 April, 2011
my dreams are crushed. curses!!!!!!!