DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

So I saw Transformers last night

Djbran 4:27 PM - 2 July, 2007
Dont wanna spoil it but if you grew up on it you gotta see it. Just dont leave in the end when the credits start rolling.
Bigfourty4 6:13 PM - 2 July, 2007
Just bought my tickets for tonight....
tig ol' bitties 6:14 PM - 2 July, 2007
i heard it sucked.
Bigfourty4 6:15 PM - 2 July, 2007
bit tits-------no reason to talk dirty like that
Bigfourty4 6:16 PM - 2 July, 2007
tig bits---we like to keep it clean
andrew b 6:16 PM - 2 July, 2007
i am gonna see that forrrr sureeeeeee i was the first kid in the neighborhood to make scavenger.
Bigfourty4 6:18 PM - 2 July, 2007
Dude---I had Optimus Prime ---Like size transformer truck
tig ol' bitties 6:20 PM - 2 July, 2007
dont get me wrong i was big into transformers as a kid, Im just going on what I heard. haha...

theres much worse explicits i could have used :)
De LA 6:24 PM - 2 July, 2007
i think we are just using this movie to hold us over until the movie we really want to see comes out....

www.imdb.com

:P
dj cubicle 6:24 PM - 2 July, 2007
lol i thought that was going to be a link to the simpsons.
Bigfourty4 7:04 PM - 2 July, 2007
looks stupid---both that is
grrillatactics 7:06 PM - 2 July, 2007
I am looking forward to this movie. I am OK if the plot is thin as long as the action is top-shelf.
DJDLO 415 8:18 PM - 2 July, 2007
this movie is up in the air with me....to much promotion is always perfect for a good down fall....
kicko 9:04 PM - 2 July, 2007
just think about how hard it was to make them look good transforming and to make a good plot on top of that, mostly a hard task if you ask me.
dreamkast 6:53 AM - 3 July, 2007
Liked the movie alot but still a let down if your a fan from the original days,if you are you might see the movie as abit of mockery of the og cartoon.
djivanlopez.com 11:47 AM - 3 July, 2007
This movie rocked!

dreamkast, Yes I agree with you.

Also, it was a little wierd trying to explain to my chick friend about some things that were not explained thoroughly or at all, like shape-shifting.

There were a lot of corny lines, but nonetheless, they were Transformers dialogue.

Lots of action and humor. Like many movies made from TV or books, many of the original characters or plots are changed for a feature film. I was happily surprised on how long the moive was about 2:40.

About the corny lines, many of them are going to have you nodding your head, but you're not paying to see a dramatic performance piece, but a rock'em and sock'em flick.

Overall, as a big fan of the cartoon series, I missed the original plots and characters, but was impressed by the graphics and feel of the live-action movie.

Go see it.

Spoiler:
Yes, there will be a sequel!!!!
djaction 1:50 PM - 3 July, 2007
The only thing that sucks is out of NOWHERE they kill Optimus Prime halfway through the Movie

warning, spoiler above! although I probably should have put that below this..
rhythm 28 2:01 PM - 3 July, 2007
you asshole! why would you put in a spoiler like that!??!!?
cappinkirk 2:40 PM - 3 July, 2007
how many times did optimus prime get mortally wounded in the cartoons? they always brought him back after the commercial break with minimal harm.
djbriguy 2:56 PM - 3 July, 2007
i hope djaction is lying..
djaction 3:06 PM - 3 July, 2007
=)
Lord Fader 3:09 PM - 3 July, 2007
optimus prime also died in the cartoon series...so what
Dj Barber 3:10 PM - 3 July, 2007
Cause...."You got the TOUCH!" I hope that is in the new movie lol
cappinkirk 3:12 PM - 3 July, 2007
the van halen transformers junt! haha
Djbran 3:13 PM - 3 July, 2007
Quote:
The only thing that sucks is out of NOWHERE they kill Optimus Prime halfway through the Movie

warning, spoiler above! although I probably should have put that below this..

Yeah forreals. Crazy how starscream took him out like that
Djbran 3:14 PM - 3 July, 2007
Quote:
Cause...."You got the TOUCH!" I hope that is in the new movie lol

Dirk Diggler version lol
djaction 3:14 PM - 3 July, 2007
OH SHIT! I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT

TRANSMORPHERS
More Than is Apparently Visual To The Retina!

www.theasylum.cc
cappinkirk 3:19 PM - 3 July, 2007
p-nyce said it was dope
Rebelguy 4:19 PM - 3 July, 2007
I thought in the movie Optimus Prime gets killed by friendly fire from Grimlock of the Dinobots while trying to stop the Contructicons.
dj KarrsiN 4:31 PM - 3 July, 2007
In general the movie was good. The graphics/effects were amazing. I agree that the plot was a bit confusing but weren't they always a bit confusing in the old animated series? I don't think Michael Bay was aiming for an Academy Award on the screen play, he was simply trying to give the fans an action packed and traditional transformers movie. I had huge expectations as a TF fan, although it did not live up to all my expectations it was a great movie and I think the sequel shall be better.

"Autobots, ROOLLL OUT!!"
shiestO! 4:50 PM - 3 July, 2007
Quote:
p-nyce said it was dope

check out the size of my p-nyce.

no disrespect intended just too close to pe-nis for me.
ral 7:11 PM - 3 July, 2007
is jazzy jeff in the soundtrack??? lol!
AKIEM 8:38 PM - 3 July, 2007
I liked it, for a cartoon adaptation.

some nwo pentagon propa sprinkled in

If I get the DVD it will sit next to Boogie Nights

"you're a winner!"

ha, I got that vinyl (man does it suck)
dj hes 10:09 PM - 3 July, 2007
Dude the movie was sick. I hope its a huge success so they can bring more transformers in the next movie. Everytime they transformed i felt a tingle in my arm lol. 1985 ruled. I was 6.

Some things could have changed, but overall the plot was good and I liked the fact they used Optimus Prime's original voice.
Djbran 12:07 AM - 4 July, 2007
Oh... My bad!!! Ahaha
DJ SPAIR 12:35 AM - 4 July, 2007
I'm going to ruin it for everyone. In the end you find out that Optimus Prime is Megatron's father!
DJ SPAIR 12:39 AM - 4 July, 2007
Quote:
Dude the movie was sick. I hope its a huge success so they can bring more transformers in the next movie. Everytime they transformed i felt a tingle in my arm lol. 1985 ruled. I was 6.

Some things could have changed, but overall the plot was good and I liked the fact they used Optimus Prime's original voice.

Hahah..Yeah I had those feelings of excitement to.. When the fight between Megatron and Prime started I was anticipating that the "You Got The Touch" song was going start playing. Oh shit! I would have been in tears!!hahah
The E Head 8:45 AM - 4 July, 2007
This is some fuked up shit right here!

Grow up kids!
dreamkast 9:11 AM - 4 July, 2007
and btw the stereo guy isnt soundwave its one of his tapes, soundwave is sposed to be lined up in a coming movie. hopefully see ultra magnus and maybe constructicons.
sweetL 11:16 AM - 4 July, 2007
Quote:
Hahah..Yeah I had those feelings of excitement to.. When the fight between Megatron and Prime started I was anticipating that the "You Got The Touch" song was going start playing. Oh shit! I would have been in tears!!hahah

YOU GOT THE POOOOWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR....

YYYEAAAAH!
J_Static 1:42 PM - 4 July, 2007
Saw it last nite with the wifey......I must say I was quite impressed for a couple of reasons:

#1) I remember this O.G. cartoon, had the figures and loved transformers when I was a kid. Action scene's in this movie were phenomenal, not to mention they debuted some HOT NEW CARS

#2) Critics were bashing Director Michael Bay saying he over did things in his movies and I have to disagree! Bay's an action type director and in any of his movies that's what he brings. He did a good job of keeping everybody interested in the movie from beginning to end.

#3) They stuck to the script with the exception of bumblebee not being a bug in the movie....If ya'll remember he was a bug not a hot camaro.

All in All, I will own this movie in like 3 days thanks to a friend who gets "screeners" of new movies coming out!
poloi3eai2 2:14 PM - 4 July, 2007
The movie was the best movie of the summer byfar! Way better than Spiderman 3, Fantastic 4, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3 combined! A far second for me this summer would be Knocked Up. All the sequels this summer sucked ass.
poloi3eai2 2:17 PM - 4 July, 2007
oh yea I wish megatron would have turned into a big ass gun in the movie. Bumblebee wasn't a bug because GM was a big sponsor in the movie. If you didn't notice EVERY car in the movie was a GM.
Zion-Prayz 2:35 PM - 4 July, 2007
Quote:
is jazzy jeff in the soundtrack??? lol!

Funny, I had the same question :)
flame 2:54 PM - 4 July, 2007
Nah, Cash money is...

the movie is worth to watch tho'
but if you look at it again, it has the similar shots and tone
as the other michael bay's stuffs Pearl Harbor and Bad Boy.
The E Head 3:44 PM - 4 July, 2007
Quote:
The movie was the best movie of the summer byfar! Way better than Spiderman 3, Fantastic 4, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3 combined! A far second for me this summer would be Knocked Up. All the sequels this summer sucked ass.

How old are you?

That some movies to be watching:P
dreamkast 11:06 PM - 4 July, 2007
Quote:
Saw it last nite with the wifey......I must say I was quite impressed for a couple of reasons:

#1) I remember this O.G. cartoon, had the figures and loved transformers when I was a kid. Action scene's in this movie were phenomenal, not to mention they debuted some HOT NEW CARS

#2) Critics were bashing Director Michael Bay saying he over did things in his movies and I have to disagree! Bay's an action type director and in any of his movies that's what he brings. He did a good job of keeping everybody interested in the movie from beginning to end.

#3) They stuck to the script with the exception of bumblebee not being a bug in the movie....If ya'll remember he was a bug not a hot camaro.

All in All, I will own this movie in like 3 days thanks to a friend who gets "screeners" of new movies coming out!

nah their is quite alot thats not right. Megatron doesnt turn into a gun, starscream wasnt tryna take over and kill megatron,way to much human involvement in the story line and so on.
dj_KaSE 12:28 AM - 5 July, 2007
You know you love your Transformers cartoons when you cry during the Transformers cartoon movie after a shitload of Autobots, along with Optimus, get killed... and then almost cry at the end of this new movie because you just love Transformers and thought it was bad ass to see Optimus alive and looking real.

Okay, I'm a bitch... but I know I ain't the only one.

=)
Duran7609 5:56 AM - 5 July, 2007
just got back from seeing it, kick-ass movie! i wish they would've made each character look a little more like the originals though. i kept getting megatron and starscream confused. go watch this movie though!
dj hes 3:37 PM - 5 July, 2007
I liked the part where the kid is buying the car (bumblebee) and bumblebee opens the door and smashes into the yellow bug lol. And if u noticed the air freshiner says Bee-oitch hahaha.

I think most of this movie was plot development, when they start making another one, I am pretty sure they will develop the characters more.

On a side note, i just say a mint in box starscream G1 selling for $600. Damn i wish i kept my toys in the boxes...
Jay Ru 3:52 PM - 5 July, 2007
Quote:
On a side note, i just say a mint in box starscream G1 selling for $600. Damn i wish i kept my toys in the boxes...

and what fun wud u of had then, this movie doesn't come out over here (ireland) for a few more days. can't wait for it though. i've been looken forward to this for a long time.
nobspangle 4:23 PM - 5 July, 2007
Quote:

Yeah, I feel kind of sorry for the people who have toys still in their boxes, did they have any fun with them?
dj hes 5:02 PM - 5 July, 2007
reminds me of 40yr old virgin lol. He had a shit-ton of toys!

I couldnt have done it when i was a kid. I abused the crap outta my toys. I had crossover battles with He-man, A-team, GI Joes, Transformers, and Thundercats!! He-Man Vs. Cobra Commander...Lion-o vs. Skeletor. optimus was the tightest tho. good times lol.
Djbran 5:10 PM - 5 July, 2007
I got the commemorative edtions of Ricochet, ROdimus, Ultra Magnus. I had to transform them suckers! lol> But still got the boxes. The ones I cant open tho are the Classic Delux series.
Jordan Laws 4:15 PM - 6 July, 2007
This movie was AMAZING!! I mean I gotta admit at first I was upset because I heard bumble bee wasnt a bug and megatron wasnt a gun. But the way they did the plot and the effects. I just wannna watch it again and again. This movie had to be made in this day and age because the computers of even 5 years ago wouldn't be able to handle the way how rich and real they made everything. Im sure there gonna squeeze 2 more movies outta this. Imagine the sequel when they put together like the constructacons or the aeriabots ( those are the ones that make up 1 big robot). Side note I am gonna try and use the scenes in this movie in my next Video DJ set. Imagine Optimus transform being scratched :)