Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

If i don't have a video for a song.......

JDforKing 3:44 AM - 22 March, 2011
If i don't have a video for a song where can i get some moving backgrounds from.
carter 4:03 AM - 22 March, 2011
Ambient clips, movie clips, breakdancing/bmxing/surfing/dancing videos. Promo Only has ambient discs and a few of the services have ambient videos in the "Tools" sections. A lot of these are easy to make yourself from dvds in your collection.
DJ Reflex 12:34 AM - 1 June, 2011
You can buy VJ DVDs with random loops on them.

Another trick is to run a song through a visual program like Windows Media Player or something and record the video images on the screen (Grab It works). Now you can import that into a video editing program and sync it back up with the original song. Now you have, what seems to be live, visuals to your song.
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 12:58 AM - 1 June, 2011
^I do this too. It can work very well.
DJ Tecniq 6:22 AM - 1 June, 2011
Shadows Dancers foo!
[link removed]
Code:E 7:11 AM - 1 June, 2011
cool program made by mixed in key coming out soon.... call one idea..... beta is pretty sweet...
DJ DisGrace 3:57 PM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
Shadows Dancers foo!
[link removed]

classy
DJ DisGrace 3:58 PM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
Shadows Dancers foo!
www.amazon.com

fixed
Joshua Carl 8:41 PM - 1 June, 2011
do a search on google for VJ LOOPS and other like terms...
theres alot of video editors who create original 30-60 second loops of cool stuff.
what Ive done in the past, is compiled a few, and dropped them into vegas, and slipped my logos
into it as well here and there...
then just turn on a beat-driven effect.
O.B.1 7:58 PM - 2 June, 2011
also you can always just attach any .mp4 video to an .mp3 and it will play the attached video file...
(beware of lip-flap) I usually use ambient visual style clips.
Joshua Carl 8:05 PM - 2 June, 2011
there's endless dance tracks that have completely irrelevant, but amazing music videos.
beat effects and go!
ClubBusta 11:26 PM - 2 June, 2011
i have a switcher in the booth that can let me throw a shot of the crowd on the floor up on the screen from a camera set up we have. dont ask me how we wired that!! people love to see themselves on the big screen. there was a program that i saw at one of the conventions that let people send txts to the screen from their phones. i really wanted the owner to buy that but no go. can just imagine the crap people would put up there come to think of it. lol!!
DJ Reflex 2:12 AM - 3 June, 2011
2 things:
1. Get a small security video camera with good night vision. (<$100 at local hardware store) Like CLubBusta said, you can toggle between VSL and live camera feeds of the dance floor. I used it a a high school a couple times and the kids went nuts! (If you have a projector with VGA and RCA connections, you can use the projector to toggle between the two inputs.)

2. A simple program to send text messages to the screen is "Poll Any Where". Not a lot of features, but the basic set-up is free. You can subscribe to the service and get editing features and advanced effects. There are other programs out there as well, but you will need Wi-Fi access.
Joshua Carl 3:02 AM - 3 June, 2011
In mix emergency, you can swap any song to your Isight, or a webcam and effect that in realitime with the programs effects to the music as well... no extra hardware needed