DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Some info plz

Tomas 9:33 PM - 11 August, 2004
Hi, iv been using turntables for 2 years now and have decided to upgrade, but after reading about Scratch live in a DJ mag, i couldn't help finding out more about it. So iv got a few questions for the poeple who have some experence using this software.

Does the vinyl react, like real vinyl?

Can you create "Crates" on the software so you can just pick and drop your next tune and play? While another tune is playing?

Do you recommend it for gigs?

I read something about an upgrade, is that free or?

One more, is it Ok to download free music and play it at gigs?

Thanks to anyone who can answer any of these questions:)
nik39 11:27 PM - 11 August, 2004
Quote:

Does the vinyl react, like real vinyl?

Yes, there is no existing system which comes closer to the original feeling of vinyl, none that I have tested.

Quote:
Can you create "Crates" on the software so you can just pick and drop your next tune and play? While another tune is playing?

yes+yes.

Quote:
Do you recommend it for gigs?

yes, unless if youre doing long mixes, then wait for the next (free) update which should fix a drift bug.

I read something about an upgrade, is that free or?

Quote:
One more, is it Ok to download free music and play it at gigs?

If you want to destroy the scene, sure. I dont recommend it, if youre making money out of it, BUY the music you play, the artists deserve that. If you play it, then it should be worth buying it. But thats a real philosphical question.

Quote:
Thanks to anyone who can answer any of these questions:)

Youre welcome. Check the demovideos on this board and also on the unofficial board forums.seratoscratchlive.com
Tomas 5:24 PM - 12 August, 2004
Cheers, i plan on buying tunes online. Seen one of the vids it blew me away.