Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

1.4 problem...mac only?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
eder 1:13 AM - 19 May, 2005
just curious, but has anyone's sl 1 box crapped out on them w/ 1.4 using a pc? i've read the articles on the mac pandemonium going on, just want to make sure my baby's ok....

yet another reason why i love pc's over macs....
BriChi 1:31 AM - 19 May, 2005
I had it on my mac powerbook and also tried it on my IBM laptop since it came out, used it all weekend with no problems. I would go back to 1.3 either way, mac or pc, just to be safe.
s42000 2:10 AM - 19 May, 2005
Investigations are ongoing .. its not known for sure. I hope PC's were not affected. I would hate to be without SSL for even a day.
s42000 2:13 AM - 19 May, 2005
By the way, so far mac are exhibiting this problem, but until the cause is know ... I would not risk the PC.

ps: PC's are TOUGH :-) It may take them a little bit longer to break. I also hope this is not so.
Audible 4:27 AM - 19 May, 2005
so, say, if your on a mac and been using it for a week solid with no problems, is there a chance something might have already happened even thought you downgrade now?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 4:37 AM - 19 May, 2005
Quote:
so, say, if your on a mac and been using it for a week solid with no problems, is there a chance something might have already happened even thought you downgrade now?

No. You'll be fine.
Audible 7:47 PM - 19 May, 2005
thanks sam.
eder 2:04 PM - 20 May, 2005
so pretty much after you install 1.4 and you use it for a chunky length of time, you're fine, right?
SpinThis! 3:23 PM - 20 May, 2005
no... the potential for damage is still there as long as you keep using that affected version.

I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said: hold off on 1.4 until Serato releases an updated version.
Audible 7:22 PM - 20 May, 2005
sad too, i was going to make a mix cd this weekend and do a party and i wanted to use those features. i guess it would be worse though if rane didn't care and did nothing. God speed.