DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hazer Machine ?

Henry GQ 2:11 AM - 25 February, 2011
sooo we just got the martin magnum 2500 in last week and i tested it out at another club.. and it worked great! but it went thru sooo much haze juice, and this shit isnt cheap!!

any suggestions on a good cheap/cost effective haze machine that doesnt suck up alot of expensive juice?
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:35 AM - 25 February, 2011
you can make your own fog juice, its basically glycol and water, but you will need to get the mix right for your fog machine.

but i haven't tried it myself
Henry GQ 3:41 AM - 25 February, 2011
ive heard that, but i wonder what cost differences are..
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:48 AM - 25 February, 2011
I wouldn't know, the guy i get my chems fom doesn't stock it
ta2423 4:52 AM - 25 February, 2011
If you think fog juice is spendy....Kryogenifex
Henry GQ 4:54 AM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:
If you think fog juice is spendy....Kryogenifex

ive heard
ta2423 5:00 AM - 25 February, 2011
My hazer takes two effing gallons to fill and runs through it like nothing. I try to just use it to get light/lazer effects instead of smoking out the building. If I take it easy on the timer/trigger it lasts a few weeks.
Actually set off the fire alarms at one venue and had to evacuate until the fire dept. showed.... Huge fail.
Henry GQ 5:06 AM - 25 February, 2011
man... i dunno how im gonna explain to the owner that he'll burn thru this shit fast...

i burned thru maybe a quarter gallon in one night. a gallon of this shit costs 60 bux LOL
Henry GQ 7:14 AM - 25 February, 2011
u guys think if i have a martin 25000 hazer and use a cheaper haze juice that it will hurt the machine?
Henry GQ 7:21 AM - 25 February, 2011
this is the stuff i got

www.pssl.com
dj vegas 9:53 AM - 25 February, 2011
whats the deal between hazer and fog machine besides the cost of juice?
DJ GaFFle 11:03 AM - 25 February, 2011
I took my time and got what many consider is one the best fog machines made: www.google.com

These things 'barely' sip hazer juice and the emitted haze lasts for hours. Some people that use them regularly say a gallon of haze juice last them a couple of years. They're less susceptible at setting off fire alarms due to the minute size of the haze particles. Radiance Hazers are a little $pendy though. I picked mine up in excellent condition on Craigslist for about $650.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:40 PM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:
I wouldn't know, the guy i get my chems fom doesn't stock it

mine either, but he does stock some shit that will make the crowd see pretty colors lol
O.B.1 12:55 AM - 26 February, 2011
I'd like to buy a vowel...
DjWoody 2:15 AM - 26 February, 2011
I buy the haze fluid off some rental place by my house. GC don't carry it on stock neither does Sam Ash. My only two choices are the rental spot or ProSound.
Henry GQ 4:55 AM - 26 February, 2011
yeah man. i was wow'd when iseen that the martin hazer sucked up nearly a half gallon in one night..

my friend owns a nightclub and he was telling me ab his. but he paid over 2 grand for his.. i was like ? wtf
but he also said he might go thru a gallon in a year.. so i guess thats the cost difference there.

so u can dump the money into the hazer which could be 1200 bux plus and then maybe a 100 bux 4 juice for the year and be done with it..

or dump 700 into a martin or whatever...and spend 70 bux every 2 weeks on haze juice.

either way kinda sux.. lol
bill-e 5:20 AM - 26 February, 2011
martin magnum sucks

get the df 50
Henry GQ 5:44 AM - 26 February, 2011
yeah but i cant afford and neither can the club..
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:56 PM - 26 February, 2011
Quote:
I took my time and got what many consider is one the best fog machines made: www.google.com

These things 'barely' sip hazer juice and the emitted haze lasts for hours. Some people that use them regularly say a gallon of haze juice last them a couple of years. They're less susceptible at setting off fire alarms due to the minute size of the haze particles. Radiance Hazers are a little $pendy though. I picked mine up in excellent condition on Craigslist for about $650.

this is the one. I owned one for two years, used it 2-3 times a week and went through less than 2 gallons of haze fluid.

The fluid is $80/gallon but per event cost is less than a dollar. I paid 1350 for the unit new (shipped) and sold it in great condition for $1000 2 years later.
I rented the thing out about 50 times for $50 a pop, so that little thing made me some cash. Best hazer ever.
skinnyguy 11:11 PM - 26 February, 2011
lemaitre neutron
Henry GQ 4:44 AM - 27 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

this is the one. I owned one for two years, used it 2-3 times a week and went through less than 2 gallons of haze fluid.

The fluid is $80/gallon but per event cost is less than a dollar. I paid 1350 for the unit new (shipped) and sold it in great condition for $1000 2 years later.
I rented the thing out about 50 times for $50 a pop, so that little thing made me some cash. Best hazer ever.

sounds like the hazer for me =]
vjmarcus 3:06 PM - 22 January, 2017
for what it's worth....get the Radiance Hazer...best on the market and the hazer juice lasts for months.
DJ Reflex 11:46 PM - 22 January, 2017
Yup! Le Maitre MVS hazer is great too.

I'm buying the Eco Hazer later this spring.
Arjun B 12:53 AM - 23 January, 2017
ADJ is releasing the new 'Entourage Hazer'. Never seen it but heard it's supposed to be better than the Radiance Hazer!