DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

BRIDGE worx with every MIDI Mixer? or only with the onces from RANE? somthing up

higherbeats.de 1:38 PM - 22 February, 2011
hello folks
does BRIDGE work with every MIDI Mixer? (3rd party) and the rane soundcard to record the fader movements?

or does it only do it with the 2 mixers that are from RANE?

will there come some solution?
has RANE something planned to change that?
to open up?
phatbob 2:55 PM - 22 February, 2011
At present the Mixtape feature only works fully with the 57 and 68.

We've asked for support for other midi mixers in posts below but no response from Serato so far.
Mutis 10:32 PM - 22 February, 2011
It could be done with some remote scripting tweaks.

remotescripts.blogspot.com

Maybe Rane/serato could make a "standard" layout... who knows?
higherbeats.de 9:21 AM - 23 February, 2011
ääääh, urrrgsss...

LOL

u just made me error overflow throwUp ;)

could you some the scrips up for me?

at the end, what behavior could i get?

(i am thinking about mixer buying)
thats why ;)
Mutis 9:25 AM - 23 February, 2011
My Python level is not enough I'm consultant enginereen (still) not developer.

In other hand to know how to do it, we must reverse the compiled python scripts and it is illegal... I read anywhere CLOSErato (and Ableton), now I understand why.

Wishlist: Midi Remote Scripts Editor or full documented LiveApi/SeratoApi.

Sorry mate.
djcrap 2:03 PM - 23 February, 2011
it just amuses me to hear how you guys think that Rane should abandoned their marketing strategy of selling 57 and 68 mixers as the only bridge midi compatible mixers and allow midi recording capablities for the bridge for another company's mixer like a pioneer. so that Rane's inventory of 57 and 68 mixers can rot on shelves in stores.
Mutis 2:09 PM - 23 February, 2011
Well... I don't expect it and Rane hardware is bullet-proof but open the posibilities with midi capabilities doesn't drop the necessity for rane hardware soundcards... Pioneer is still more expensive solutions and not "so good".

In other hand look at Stanton vs Native history... maybe they can learn from the mistakes of the others or maybe they are repeating them.

I will love these midi editor and better Rane (and cheaper) hardware but it is difficult, I know...
SchemeAlmighty 9:35 AM - 6 April, 2011
I agree, 3rd party support!

Quote:
Well... I don't expect it and Rane hardware is bullet-proof but open the posibilities with midi capabilities doesn't drop the necessity for rane hardware soundcards... Pioneer is still more expensive solutions and not "so good".

In other hand look at Stanton vs Native history... maybe they can learn from the mistakes of the others or maybe they are repeating them.

I will love these midi editor and better Rane (and cheaper) hardware but it is difficult, I know...
LilSwann 5:38 AM - 27 April, 2011
check this vid out it's possible with an midi enabled mixer by having Ableton record the midi automation and SSL record the audio.
Watchwww.youtube.com
SchemeAlmighty 1:49 AM - 30 April, 2011
I've been looking on more detailed information as to how to accomplish this. Thi sis great!

Quote:
check this vid out it's possible with an midi enabled mixer by having Ableton record the midi automation and SSL record the audio.
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Randall1 8:37 PM - 11 June, 2011
how bout the rane mp25. it is not another company's product and it is a midi control mixer. which i own. i had the 68 and 57 but needed a rig thats more mobile. so i use the mp25 with sl2 box and denon dnhc4500 on a 19' mount rack. i hate it but love it. i miss my turntables and scratching but it started to take a toll on my back.lol