Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane Sixty-Eight or Pioneer DJM-2000

DjGeorgi 4:10 AM - 21 February, 2011
1 - which you buy it?
2 - which is more complete?
3 - if I buy the DJM2000 I can use it with serato schatch live
DjGeorgi 4:25 AM - 21 February, 2011
what happens is that now I'm using the Denon DN-HC5000 with ITCH, but I will go to DJ school, to learn to scratch and how to make good mixes, and after that I'll buy 2 CDJ 2000 for use with scratch live, but I'm not sure which mixer, I must choose.
(PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE A GOOD DECISION)
kraal 4:29 AM - 21 February, 2011
you seem to be thinking the gear makes you a better dj.....
diezdiaz 4:29 AM - 21 February, 2011
which buy complete?

forum wrong, serato itch scratch rash on my hairy crotchhhh

8=====o - - - - - - - (O:)
diezdiaz 4:31 AM - 21 February, 2011
give me 5 grand and that will make you the best dj.
thats all the advice you need
DjGeorgi 5:36 AM - 21 February, 2011
I think what makes a good dj is the experience, but good systems will make it easier to work
@diezdiaz to your making me a good dj I have to see how good you are you.
I would pay that amount to a few dj that lomaximoproductions.com
DjGeorgi 5:38 AM - 21 February, 2011
PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ,,,
kraal 5:44 AM - 21 February, 2011
neither is more complete they are both good mixers .... one is not nessesarily better than the other --- however they both have nothing to do with itch so check a different forum or youtube
I1Kirm 8:00 AM - 21 February, 2011
Quote:
what happens is that now I'm using the Denon DN-HC5000 with ITCH, but I will go to DJ school, to learn to scratch and how to make good mixes, and after that I'll buy 2 CDJ 2000 for use with scratch live, but I'm not sure which mixer, I must choose.
(PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE A GOOD DECISION)

If you buy the DJM-2000 you will also need some kind of rane hardware to run SSL www.serato.com .

On the other hand the 68 is THE BEST mixer to run SSL on...
The CDJs-2000 are not the best equipment for scratching though...
JonnyLove 1:31 PM - 21 February, 2011
I'd take the Xone DB4 any day of the week over the other two. Played with this little baby at BPM and was totally Blown away.
JonnyLove 1:32 PM - 21 February, 2011
Quote:
1 - which you buy it?
2 - which is more complete?
3 - if I buy the DJM2000 I can use it with serato schatch live

The only one that will work out of the box with SSL is the Rane 68. If you have any other Mixer you must have a SL Sound Card to ensure SSL works.
DjGeorgi 4:42 PM - 21 February, 2011
if i use the DJM2000 with sl4 does that work good without losing any function of the mixer? Because I love the pioneer mixer because of all its effects and all you can do with it; However I love Serato scratch live software.
I1Kirm 5:51 PM - 21 February, 2011
It will work just fine
Ragman 4:54 AM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:
if i use the DJM2000 with sl4 does that work good without losing any function of the mixer? Because I love the pioneer mixer because of all its effects and all you can do with it; However I love Serato scratch live software.

If the effects is your thing you might want to check out the new Pio DJM900 Nexus. The efxs is enhanced with beatgrid quantization and a cool as x-pad.
Dj Ace 6:50 AM - 22 February, 2011
and just pick up a brand new shiny sl4 and/or midi controller to go with it and your in the game!
DjGeorgi 11:59 AM - 22 February, 2011
Dj Ace you are talking about using the cdj 2000 and djm 2000 right? o no
DJ Cs 5:52 PM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

If the effects is your thing you might want to check out the new Pio DJM900 Nexus. The efxs is enhanced with beatgrid quantization and a cool as x-pad.

New Pio DJM900 Nexus? Quite an upgrade.
diezdiaz 12:45 AM - 23 February, 2011
i dont know how much money you have to just throw around/piss away but usually its a good idea to learn what youre doing before going and just buying whatever other people tell you is the best.
Sureshot (PA) 2:58 AM - 23 February, 2011
i'd become a good dj first. then see what gear i'd want then. or else you may waste a bunch of money on gear only to find that you want to scratch mainly and need a totally different setup.
kraal 3:32 AM - 23 February, 2011
or dont like djing at all
DJ Cs 4:20 AM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
i'd become a good dj first. then see what gear i'd want then. or else you may waste a bunch of money on gear only to find that you want to scratch mainly and need a totally different setup.

Quote:
or dont like djing at all

If you want to learn how to dj buy as cheap as you can to get quality equipment, possibly used. Learn the basics THEN and ONLY then think about $1000+ dollar equipment.

Want a good cheap mixer with a lot of FX, buy a behringer DDM4000 with an upgraded optical crossfader and have a go at it. Sampler, Fx, midi mappable, etc.

Want cheap top of the line controllers/turntables, get the Numark V7's while you can get the $200 rebates and get them for $300 each in the end. You only need one to control both decks in Itch.
DJ Cs 4:25 AM - 23 February, 2011
Didn't mean to double the $ meaning above($1000 dollar) , but you get the drift.
DjGeorgi 6:29 AM - 23 February, 2011
thanks guys you have helped me a lot.
and I decided
djm900 nexus with cdj200 and serato with sl4, but before buying I'll go to dj school in ny
kraal 6:58 AM - 23 February, 2011
this thread is funny actually
DJ Cs 3:45 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

They all are actually.
kraal 5:38 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

They all are actually.

;)