DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

custom CV labels

cappinkirk 5:51 PM - 15 June, 2007
does anybody else have their own custom printed CV labels? I've been rocking some different ones. My newest are on the red vinyl.

www.cappinkirk.com

on red vinyl

www.cappinkirk.com

on black vinyl

i've made some other custom ones for my crew too. it's a good way to promote your "DJ-brand" and people have a tendency to wig out when they see them (they look official & professional)
cappinkirk 6:09 PM - 15 June, 2007
i set up a 4"x4" 300dpi photoshop file and i use a circle cutter to cut them out. it's a little tricky but i do graphics so i've got it down. then i put the lebel on (both sides) and punch out the hole with a screwdriver.
IanJ 7:12 PM - 15 June, 2007
I like the fact that it's star wars and not star trek being what your name is
Thundercat 8:51 PM - 15 June, 2007
Just got the blank 4" labels in the mail today. I'm going 600 DPI. I had posted in this thread over the past few days: scratchlive.net

A quote from the other thread:
Quote:
I am just waiting for my stickers and a couple new CVs. I'll post pics once I get them. I added the accent color circle that I will change color to compliment whichever color control vinyl I put it on. Made a little change to the marker arrow too.

Copy of the image I put together here: www.djdazz.com
AlexRage 8:57 PM - 15 June, 2007
here's mine:

www.alexrage.com

where do you guys get 4" precut labels?
Thundercat 9:05 PM - 15 June, 2007
I got my labels here:
www.planetlabel.com
DJBlisk 10:00 PM - 15 June, 2007
Quote:
I got my labels here:
www.planetlabel.com

so how do you get the images to print precisely on the labels?

sorry, I'm a graphic fetus.
Thundercat 10:42 PM - 15 June, 2007
measuring carefully, painstakingly ajusting, cussing, testing, cussing more, nugding. Repeat
AlexRage 12:45 AM - 16 June, 2007
hehehe, i wasn't as clean about mine. i got some avery paper, printed out the design, cut it out roughly, but i left a black bleed on the edges so it just merges in with the vinyl...applied it, poked the whole with a pencil...voila.
dirtbag filthy 12:48 AM - 16 June, 2007
nice

kirk aren't you subjecting yourself to nerd backlash having conflicting names and images

nerd alert
Thundercat 3:16 AM - 16 June, 2007
Here it is attached. I think I'll stick with this rendering. Just waiting on some more CVs now. ;-)

www.djdazz.com
DJJorel 8:16 AM - 16 June, 2007
Here's one of mine ....This one is going on some black CVs
i89.photobucket.com

Here's the other one...
i89.photobucket.com

Here it is on my CV...
i89.photobucket.com

Sorry if they suck....I'm a bit of a newbie at Illustrator/Photoshop...
cappinkirk 5:03 PM - 17 June, 2007
no i like both & i didn't pick my name it was given to me. nerds have the issue, not me.

plus my setup is called the death star and my denali is called the enterprise so i have the 2 most powerful spaceships at my disposal (the nerds can backlash all they like)
cappinkirk 5:05 PM - 17 June, 2007
also i did not get precut labels i got full sheet labels and trimmed them with the circle cutter. i'm a graphic designer.
DJ Michael Basic 7:56 PM - 17 June, 2007
So, being that I have absolutely no non-musical artistic talent at all...anybody wanna let me paypal them some cash to do me some stickers? I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but I have no skills in this area at all.
Dj Nyce 8:06 PM - 17 June, 2007
picard oops, i mean kirk, where are you getting your vinyl from?
AKIEM 8:13 PM - 17 June, 2007
tip -coat your labels with this tape www.3m.com
that way graphic wont wear off
and this tape feels almost exactly like vinyl
I can only find it 2" wide tho
cappinkirk 2:49 PM - 18 June, 2007
"picard oops, i mean kirk, where are you getting your vinyl from?"

the vinyl? hmm...you mean the serato records? i get them from guitar center...but maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean. any CV will do since all I am doing is covering the label with nother sticker. I can't advertise on here (rule of the forum i think) but if you would like to discuss this sometime my email is available from my account page.

also instead of using 3m to cover the sticker you could use a spray laminate or art preserver spray (probably also made by 3m) but if you do that you should mask off the vinyl part so you don't get any spray on there. my graphics are heavy duty though. If you print on a docucolor printer (from Xerox) on regular avery or staples sticker paper the image is waterproof and practically indestructible.
cappinkirk 2:51 PM - 18 June, 2007
"measuring carefully, painstakingly ajusting, cussing, testing, cussing more, nugding. Repeat" - nice

this is how i got started also:)
cappinkirk 2:52 PM - 18 June, 2007
now i got a fiskars circle cutter

www.kitchen-hills.com
cappinkirk 2:53 PM - 18 June, 2007
that was not an endorsement, that is the first image i found in a search (in fact, do not buy them from that kitchen-hills site) there i un-endorsed it.
Dj Nyce 6:20 PM - 18 June, 2007
you said the first image was on red vinyl; the second on black vinyl. i was referring to the stickers are they vinyl or paper?
cappinkirk 6:57 PM - 18 June, 2007
paper stickers
FunkyRob 5:35 PM - 11 April, 2008
I just created something simple and sweet.

I used Adobe Illustrator. It's in a PDF. Make sure you don't shrink it when you print.

At my day job I got a Color Xerox Laser Printer and some full sheet stickers. So I'll have to cut a perfect circle.

www.zshare.net

What do you guys think?
cappinkirk 5:59 PM - 11 April, 2008
you can buy a circle cutter at staples or other places too rob

www.dickblick.com
cappinkirk 6:01 PM - 11 April, 2008
i guess i already said that like 8 months ago tho...sorry for the repost
FunkyRob 6:07 PM - 11 April, 2008
Thanks, I'm going to keep that in mind.

I'll try to freehand first and see how it goes.

Why in gods name would somebody name their company "Dick Blick"? That's just wrong.
John Farruggio 6:43 PM - 7 May, 2008
I make the labels if any of you guys need. Perfect fit for the vinyls!! All I need is your design.

Email me if you would like to purchase any.

DJJohnFarruggio@aol.com