DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ACID PRO?

BlockHead 4:02 AM - 4 June, 2007
Does any one use it?
If so I have a Mac and are there any apps out there similar to Acid I can run on it?
D-Twizzle 4:38 AM - 4 June, 2007
i use acid on pc. for mac i'd recomnd ableton and logic
poloi3eai2 5:07 AM - 4 June, 2007
I've looked for the same thing because I usually use Acid to record and tweak my mixes. I have yet to find something similar on mac so I just gave up and kept a pc to use Acid. Garageband is too basic and limits me and logic and protools are too complicated.
dj_soo 7:50 AM - 4 June, 2007
ableton rocks
Monk-A 8:00 AM - 4 June, 2007
Abelton is as close as you'll get i think..

I'm not sure if Mixmeister works on MAc, but it's worth checking to see if it does.

Garage band is not that limited to be honest, it's not far off of Acid if you use it correctly. check out the computer music monthly website theer are Garage band tutorials on there.

Abelton will most likely be your best bet though as it works in a very smimlar way to acid in regards to warping and mixing...
djtekno 11:52 AM - 4 June, 2007
I use Acid Pro as well, but I'm not sure of any MAC mapping loop-based software.
BlockHead 8:31 PM - 4 June, 2007
alright cool
Ill check ot this Abelton and Music montly website as well
thanks
DJ Jinnai 8:13 PM - 5 June, 2007
ACID is badass. One of the greatest audio apps out there (and very easy to learn!)
cappinkirk 8:42 PM - 5 June, 2007
acid is the ish, there is no mac compatible & no substitute - I bought a 3Ghz PC just for running ACID!