DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

You Know You Are A Serato Fiend When......

Rob - Low 6:18 AM - 2 June, 2007
It was only right that i start this since the "You know your A DJ When..." seems to be successful, and this is the SSL forum. So lets get it poppin my serato fam.

You Know You Are A Serato Fiend When...... you sit at the computer clicking the refresh button waiting for the new version to come out ;P
matt212 8:05 AM - 2 June, 2007
You know your a Serato fiend when you watch the overviews being built.
The E Head 8:24 AM - 2 June, 2007
You know your a Serato fiend when you spend more time on this forum than you do wokrking
Redi2roc 8:41 AM - 2 June, 2007
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YUP!! rofl
KMXE 12:08 AM - 3 June, 2007
You know you are a Scratch Live fiend when you pick up a regular record and drop it anywhere to start playing the track from the beginning, thinking that you're in relative mode
Thundercat 12:36 AM - 3 June, 2007
Quote:
You know you are a Scratch Live fiend when you pick up a regular record and drop it anywhere to start playing the track from the beginning, thinking that you're in relative mode

Guilty
DJJOHNNYM 12:39 AM - 3 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Guilty

Oh shit...It's like that?
DJDLO 415 4:28 AM - 3 June, 2007
Quote:
You know your a Serato fiend when you spend more time on this forum than you do wokrking

wooordddd.....also when you go through your playlist hellaaa quick....changin songs asap!
DJDLO 415 4:28 AM - 3 June, 2007
and rockin mad doubles....
Lexi 10:08 AM - 3 June, 2007
Quote:
You know your a Serato fiend when you watch the overviews being built.

LOL yea - but just to make sure everything is working :)

You know your a serato fiend when you air mix and scratch songs when not in front of your decks.

* i'll be up in the mall/school/walkin around some where mixin and singin :P
DJJorel 10:50 AM - 3 June, 2007
You know when you are a Serato fiend when you mashup songs together you never tried before...just because you're bored.

For example: "Planet Rock" with "Sway" by Michael Buble
Redi2roc 11:00 AM - 3 June, 2007
Quote:

LMAO!!! thats a good one haha
DJBIGWIZ 3:13 AM - 4 June, 2007
You know your a Serato fiend when you have 4 or more versions of SSL on your computer. (1.6.2, 1.7.0, 1.7.1, 1.7.2... I just cleared a few others off the other day)
DJBIGWIZ 3:14 AM - 4 June, 2007
You know your a Serato Forum fiend when you beat Sixxx to a thread like this.
dj hoodat baller 3:45 AM - 4 June, 2007
You know you are a serato fiend. When you are on the SSL site arguing with people that are dumber than a door knob
matt212 5:14 AM - 4 June, 2007
You know you are Serato fiend when you know everybody that has been banned, what name they came back as and what thread they got banned again in. haha
Rob - Low 4:17 AM - 5 June, 2007
Quote:
You know your a Serato fiend when you have 4 or more versions of SSL on your computer. (1.6.2, 1.7.0, 1.7.1, 1.7.2... I just cleared a few others off the other day)

I just cleared off a few too LOL

Quote:
You know you are a serato fiend. When you are on the SSL site arguing with people that are dumber than a door knob

Wweerrrrdd!
Rob - Low 4:21 AM - 5 June, 2007
You know you are a serato fiend when you look for every download they have to offer (new manuals, desktop backgrounds, SSL videos, etc.)
Panic City 4:36 AM - 5 June, 2007
not another one!!

you know your a serato fiend when you snort meth off the SL1 box
allenbina 8:19 AM - 5 June, 2007
you dont plan out sets with records and scratching hands. i would plan out my sets when i would spin only wax knowing that i cant scratch for shit on the right deck. now, i barely use that deck anyway.
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:21 PM - 5 June, 2007
Quote:
not another one!!

Haha..umm....I think that should be in the "You know you're a meth fiend when..." tread.
Rob - Low 9:56 PM - 25 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
not another one!!

Haha..umm....I think that should be in the "You know you're a meth fiend when..." tread.

LOL
scotty B 10:01 PM - 25 June, 2007
Whne your girl tells you that the week you got SSL was the only week that your d*ck didn't rule you life....

<------ Guilty
Audio1 10:46 PM - 25 June, 2007
"when your selling all your jungle vinyl on message boards, craigslist & eBay"
Pete Moss 12:42 AM - 26 June, 2007
....when you have no idea where specific originals are exactly; just that they're in those crates in the basement. And all the music you've gotten since purchasing SSL are in absolutely no semblance of order.
matt212 2:22 AM - 26 June, 2007
...when you rather pay for a mp3 of a song, instead of ripping the same song you already have somewhere in your crates.
DECEPTION808 5:02 AM - 26 June, 2007
....When you have a crate full of used control records
dj_KaSE 8:42 AM - 26 June, 2007
...When you're girl is waiting for you to go to the sto' with her, but you say, "Wait, hold up...give me a minute to finish writing this post." Then twenty minutes later, you're like, "Alright, I'm ready to go."
Nicky Blunt 8:48 AM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:
"when your selling all your jungle vinyl on message boards, craigslist & eBay"

pm me those ;inks dude i may take some of that shif off ya hands!
dj_KaSE 8:49 AM - 26 June, 2007
...When you constantly refresh to look for new replies to your tracked threads.
sweetL 10:51 AM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:

guilty.

When you would genuinely consider doing some work for free for rane or serato just to get a sneak peek at 1.8
nik39 11:07 AM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:
...when you rather pay for a mp3 of a song, instead of ripping the same song you already have somewhere in your crates.

Word.

Quote:
...When you're girl is waiting for you to go to the sto' with her, but you say, "Wait, hold up...give me a minute to finish writing this post." Then twenty minutes later, you're like, "Alright, I'm ready to go."

lol. It goes like this "baby, ready for sum putang?" - "Yeah, get read, just need to finish some stuff [on the board], gimme 20 minutes" ... you go to bed - she's already sleeping - you wake her up unintentionally - she checks the time and complains "it would have surprised me if you had let me wait less than an hour. good night. have fun with the handjob."
Crickett 1:17 PM - 26 June, 2007
LOL, That shit happened to me last night.
But my super pursuasion powers kicked in and POW!

Ass was to be had!!
Rob - Low 10:16 PM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:

Thats me....LOL
shiestO! 10:31 PM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:

this keeps me sane at work.
shiestO! 6:54 PM - 28 June, 2007
you know you're a SSL forum addict when you sign on and the general discussion/tips&tricks/57sl forums all say "(0 new)"
cappinkirk 8:11 PM - 28 June, 2007
i smoked my ttm57 before i went to work this morning

now i want more
djpuma_gemini 5:10 AM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:

Guilty
djpuma_gemini 5:12 AM - 29 June, 2007
You hear a song and quickly pull out your phone to make a note of it. Or everytime you remember a song, you write it down so you can remember to put it in your crate in ssl.
Rob - Low 10:06 PM - 30 June, 2007
Quote:
You hear a song and quickly pull out your phone to make a note of it. Or everytime you remember a song, you write it down so you can remember to put it in your crate in ssl.
+1
OakLawnDJ 10:11 PM - 30 June, 2007
Quote:
You hear a song and quickly pull out your phone to make a note of it.

I think that's more of a DJ thing than just a Serato thing. If you're a non-Serato using DJ and you're not keeping up with new music that you hear, you're not going to be very successful.
DJUltimate 10:16 PM - 30 June, 2007
Quote:

you beg the managers of clubs you spin at to get wireless internet access so you can browse the SSL forum between mixes
DJ Overpour 10:32 PM - 30 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
+1

+2
djpuma_gemini 10:53 PM - 30 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

you beg the managers of clubs you spin at to get wireless internet access so you can browse the SSL forum between mixes

Wow!
That sounds like a Serato Forums junkie.
I can relate to that though, except I check at home because I have no gigs.
DJUltimate 11:04 PM - 30 June, 2007
LOL, most of the places I spin at already have wireless so I can check the forums if I'm bored (when it's slow)hehe
AdamJay 11:09 PM - 30 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

or to download that stuff from the digital pools that you don't like (so you didn't DL it earlier) - but someone just requested it..

serato makes playing bad requests at least a little more enjoyable.
Pete Moss 12:58 PM - 1 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I spin at a hotel nightclub, so I'm already spoiled.
J_Static 3:56 PM - 1 July, 2007
Quote:
and rockin mad doubles....

More like triples DLO

Anyone know of a Rehab for Serato Forum Junkies
K.R.N.G 95.1 FM 5:51 PM - 1 July, 2007
when you goggle serato pictures and save every picture of serato,the control vinyl,the interface and anything else you can muster up relating to serato and save them in a serato folder...lol (Guilty as Charged) haha
dj_KaSE 6:18 PM - 1 July, 2007
lol you said "goggle"

...when you get home late at night from a gig, tired as fuck with eyes half open, but insist on pulling out your Serato-loaded laptop from your gig bag and plug the bitch in to check the forums.
deepdjdanny 8:24 PM - 1 July, 2007
Quote:
when you goggle serato pictures and save every picture of serato,the control vinyl,the interface and anything else you can muster up relating to serato and save them in a serato folder...lol (Guilty as Charged) haha

GUiLtY!
Rob - Low 1:50 AM - 3 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

this keeps me sane at work.

If it wasnt for this forum, i woulda probably been fired a long time ago, or takin outta THIS bitch in hand cuffs. and i emphasize the word THIS, because im here right now when i shouldnt be.
Rob - Low 1:51 AM - 3 July, 2007
Quote:
lol you said "goggle"

...when you get home late at night from a gig, tired as fuck with eyes half open, but insist on pulling out your Serato-loaded laptop from your gig bag and plug the bitch in to check the forums.

Thats Me
DJJOHNNYM 3:26 AM - 3 July, 2007
You know you're a Serato Forums Fiend when you check the forums from ya PHONE....