Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

USB Buffer on 5ms with new Notebook?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
djnovice.ch 3:05 PM - 1 June, 2007
Hello I bought a new Notebook.
Amd Turion x2 T60 (2.0ghz) with 2Gb Ram 160Mb HD etc..

I Installed Scratchlive 1.7.2 and also put the SL1 Driver into windows. Well but my Buffer still on 5ms. Cant do it on 1ms. Its a new Notebook so i think there is USB 2.0. I used Windows XP tweas etc.. Have a New Profile, like i did on my old Computer.
rhythmunderground 3:09 PM - 1 June, 2007
make sure you got the latest chipset drivers

make sure you uninstall all the bloatware

go to start, run, type msconfig, hit enter, go to startup items tab, de-select all, restart

you can undo this later the same way if you need one of those startup items back

run the DPC latency checker
djnovice.ch 3:31 PM - 1 June, 2007
i did everything thx!

Ehm whatd DPC Latency Checker? where can i get it?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:27 PM - 1 June, 2007
If your using Windows Vista you won't be able to get your usb audio buffer all the way to 0.
This is something the Serato developers are working on but for now you will just need to work with the lowest buffer you can.
djnovice.ch 7:59 PM - 1 June, 2007
Well i wrote "i used Windows XP tweaks" that should say that i haave Windows XP :)
rhythmunderground 8:14 PM - 1 June, 2007
its still hard to get to 0. whats the lowest setting can you get to without any artifacts or sound problems?

also try turning off stuff like bluetooth and wireless

just search for DPC latency checker in these forums
djnovice.ch 8:49 PM - 1 June, 2007
oke !

well im on 4ms now.. perhaps its quiete enought :D
Wildstylus 1:58 AM - 2 June, 2007
do ctrl-alt-del and check your cpu usage. There might be a background program hogging the cpu time... on my core duo laptop the cpu usage is below 20% on a 1ms buffer
djnovice.ch 9:25 PM - 2 June, 2007
lol!

well thats also a Problem... The usage is .. right on 5% or something!!
and well today on a 3hours Set it began to buffer on 4ms so that i have to take it on 5ms oO strange
m0nster 9:55 PM - 2 June, 2007
you should be able to run it on the lowest settings, without a slimmed profile or anything. Make sure you right click on your desktop-properties-screensaver tab-power button- then make sure it's not limiting your power schemes cause of battery. AMD has a tendancy to do that, unhook your battery and go ac power, you should be fine with all the lowest settings.
djnovice.ch 12:26 PM - 3 June, 2007
ok. ill check this!
djnovice.ch 12:37 PM - 3 June, 2007
hmm my latency is between 7 and 24 us

is that good?? And ehm, should i update my windows? its new installed. Would this make anything?
djnovice.ch 12:42 PM - 3 June, 2007
hmm well i installed a chipste driver but it was 1 year old.. but now i can use scratchlive with 1ms.. still got problems with 0 ms!
djnovice.ch 12:42 PM - 3 June, 2007
2ms not 1
cappinkirk 9:04 PM - 6 June, 2007
mine is -1 ms than yours