Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Adding New Music To Existing Crates

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ Icce 8:10 PM - 28 May, 2007
im in a record pool and every couple of weeks i get new music, how can i add it to my crates without having to delete them and remake them, i add the files to existing folders that have the rest of music thats already on crates but when i open up serato and the crates load up the songs that i just added dont show up, i been deleting crates and re adding them or sometimes i make new crates but its a pain in the butt any have any suggestions, thanks alot!!!
Phil Money 9:17 PM - 28 May, 2007
I am having a problem. When I rip CD's into my I Tunes. Then open Serato and look into my library. I can see the title of the CD that I ripped, But when I go to open that Album, to get the individual songs to drag onto the turn tables. The songs don't show up. I can only get to where it shows the name of the the Album and no further. How can I open the songs in the Album so i can drag to turntables?
dram 6:50 AM - 29 May, 2007
To answer DJ Icce's question SSL does not read folders on your hard drive like that so when you add songs to a folder on your HD SSL does not update with in it self. You also need to add them to the crates with in SSL also.

Now for Phil's question I'm not sure exactly how to answer that one because I don't organize my playlists thru iTunes I do it directly with in SSL which is the way I recommend it because you can't make subcrates with in iTunes actually there is a way but its much more difficult. But still do use iTunes to import and encode your music then just drag those songs directly with in Serato from your HD. And you can eliminate these types of problems.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:45 PM - 29 May, 2007
Phil,

Please post your issue in a seperate thread so we can better help you, and keep the current discussion organized and on track. Thanks:)
Konix 10:26 PM - 29 May, 2007
DJ Icee, check out this little program created by a SSL user, which will auto update your crates with the new files... scratchlive.net