DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ'n in the Cold Unappreciation

CQuence 12:26 AM - 21 May, 2007
Yesterday I had to DJ a girls 18yr old bday party at this spot that was located on the beach. It was windy, cold, and sand everywhere, what a great combination. Let me tell ya, spinnin in those cicrcumstances sure does suck, my hands were freezing and could barely get a good feel on the record, it felt like I was tryin to scratch for the 1st time. Any of yall know what I am talkin about? I have definetly retired from doing outside gigs by the beach
Djheat1200 12:30 AM - 21 May, 2007
i dont think i would take all my shit out by a beach (sand cant be a good look for equipment), but yes i feel you on the cold windy thing, its horrible, buy a very tiny space heater for your mittens buddy
matt212 4:42 AM - 21 May, 2007
You should by you a Nintendo Wii so you can spin from the inside of the closest building, and they can text you their request. haha.
skratchnerd 6:45 AM - 21 May, 2007
cold windy gigs blow. I've had my needles fly off the record from gusts of wind in the middle of a routine. Not cool.
djskiggz 7:57 AM - 21 May, 2007
yea djing outside in the cold sucks...i did it for the first time right in the begginging of spring but it was still cold...like 65 degrees. I couldnt feel the record...i had 2 jackets on and it was no use.
jkar 9:05 AM - 21 May, 2007
ive got a sweet 16 comin up, luckily its indoors, but yes i have had a bad experience pretty similar to yours. im too drunk to write it right now but when i wake up tom i tell it
De LA 2:02 PM - 21 May, 2007
yup spun a red bull event that was 18 degrees out. in the snow.
DJ-A 4:38 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Yesterday I had to DJ a girls 18yr old bday party at this spot that was located on the beach. It was windy, cold, and sand everywhere, what a great combination. Let me tell ya, spinnin in those cicrcumstances sure does suck, my hands were freezing and could barely get a good feel on the record, it felt like I was tryin to scratch for the 1st time. Any of yall know what I am talkin about? I have definetly retired from doing outside gigs by the beach

so, how was the party?
DJ-A 4:39 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
yup spun a red bull event that was 18 degrees out. in the snow.

i've done a gig below freezing... i'm still bitter about it, i didnt have any idea it was outside until i showed up. at least i had my cold weather clothes
CQuence 4:42 PM - 21 May, 2007
Besides the weather, the party was coo. At first it looked like your typical junior high dance. All the dudes tryin to look hard on one side, while the girls were on the other side. When the B-Day girl showed up, she got on the mic tellin everyone to get on the floor an dance. Once she did that, it was pretty crackin. The best thing about it was only gettin 2 or 3 requests the whole night
That Guy 1 4:55 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:

Please give me a break. How cold could Irvine, CA be in Summer?
CQuence 5:00 PM - 21 May, 2007
Irvine does not have a beach, The party was done in Long Beach, on the Beach.
That Guy 1 5:10 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Irvine does not have a beach, The party was done in Long Beach, on the Beach.

Oh, sorry. I forgot all of CA is known for its cold Summers.
Steve_Dub 5:15 PM - 21 May, 2007
Clark, your a dick, stfu. Talking out your ass as usual, you dont live here so you have no reason to say anything about the subject.
That Guy 1 5:19 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Clark, your a dick, stfu. Talking out your ass as usual, you dont live here so you have no reason to say anything about the subject.

Don't you mean "you['re] a [expletive]"?

According to wikipedia, I still don't see CA as being "cold" in CA:

en.wikipedia.org
Steve_Dub 5:24 PM - 21 May, 2007
Whats cold to you might be different to people in other areas of the country wouldnt you agree?

To most of us here in so cal, anything under 70 is cold as fuck.

Again you DONT live here so wouldnt know.
That Guy 1 5:27 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Whats cold to you might be different to people in other areas of the country wouldnt you agree?

To most of us here in so cal, anything under 70 is cold as fuck.

Again you DONT live here so wouldnt know.

No, I don't agree with you. Also, I've been to CA. In fact, I have relatives in San Diego. I just left Miami, where people insist on keeping their homes above 80 degrees, and I felt like I was frying at night; people there complain when it's 70, also.

So, quit whining.
dirtbag filthy 5:27 PM - 21 May, 2007
i didnt think california was cold either...i lived in north jerz my whole life till i moved to ca

after a few years here

55 is now freezing cold to me
Steve_Dub 5:28 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
i didnt think california was cold either...i lived in north jerz my whole life till i moved to ca

after a few years here

55 is now freezing cold to me

exactly
DJ-A 5:31 PM - 21 May, 2007
don;t forget it was on the beach... that wind comming from the ocean can make it feel even colder
Steve_Dub 5:32 PM - 21 May, 2007
especially anytime after 5pm.
That Guy 1 7:00 PM - 21 May, 2007
Would anyone care for a blankie?
DJ-A 7:14 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Would anyone care for a blankie?

Are you offering yours?
Andyman187 7:50 PM - 21 May, 2007
I've done a few gigs in the dead of winter for a snowboard comp up here in Ontario. Mad cold, wind, snow but at least we had a tent with 3 of the 4 sides closed which stopped most of the elements. Never again tho..