DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Please Help

Jay Envy 12:46 AM - 18 May, 2007
When I rip songs from my CD and rename it in SSL (just in SSL and not the actual file itself), then later play the song on the Itune Player, it changes the name of the file. Thus, when I go back in SSL to load the song, the file can't be file cause intune changed the name, and I have to go back in and rename everything again. Can someone help me so that when I change the name in SSL and play it on itune or even WMP, it doesn't change the name in the SSL? Thanks!
sixxx 2:58 AM - 18 May, 2007
First, change all the tags in iTunes to NONE. Then tag the files whateve you want and from now on, they won't change in SSL.
Nicky Blunt 2:15 PM - 18 May, 2007
nice sixxx some of my files have been playing up like that too!
sixxx 7:42 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:
nice sixxx some of my files have been playing up like that too!

Yeah man. It's annoying. It used to be that you had to set it to a tag older than 2.4 I believe. But, I found that that using NONE works best. :)
Nicky Blunt 9:53 AM - 21 May, 2007
safe tip my file appears fine now!

Also jay when you are changing the files does it have a padlock next to it?

As I have found taking read only off i the properties of the actual file removes tha padlock!

Is there a way to find out which files are read only in a hard drive of 55,000 songs?
DJ-A 4:45 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Is there a way to find out which files are read only in a hard drive of 55,000 songs?

good question... i tried to copy my libary onto my new external... it doesnt let me... so i'm a little fustrated at the moment.

any ideas what i can do to copy it all over?
dj cubicle 4:47 PM - 21 May, 2007
Right-click on the folder that houses all of them and unmark the Read-Only. If it's unmarked, mark it, then unmark again. It should ask if you want to aply it to everything underneath. Say yes, go make a sammich, and voila!
DJ-A 5:28 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Right-click on the folder that houses all of them and unmark the Read-Only. If it's unmarked, mark it, then unmark again. It should ask if you want to aply it to everything underneath. Say yes, go make a sammich, and voila!

thanks, i hope that works =)
Nicky Blunt 10:52 PM - 21 May, 2007
dj-a any news on that yet?
DJ-A 11:20 PM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
dj-a any news on that yet?

not yet. i am working on something else right now. hopefully i'll get to that later
Nicky Blunt 11:21 PM - 21 May, 2007
aiight cool if i get to it 1st ill let ya know!
Jay Envy 4:31 PM - 25 May, 2007
Thanks, I'ma try it out.