DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

the HOKEY POKEY?!

albuddah 12:05 PM - 16 May, 2007
i look on digiwaxx this morning, and i see a song called the hokey pokey?! that shit better not get hot, because i don't see any way in hell i could justify to myself playing that.
matt212 12:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
Yeah, it will get hot. Different type of song from Wine-O, but I guess he's doing what he has to do to get his name out there. Especially with the help of DJ UNK on this track.
DJJOHNNYM 12:53 PM - 16 May, 2007
say it isn't so.
tig ol' bitties 1:01 PM - 16 May, 2007
TRASH! and trash!
matt212 1:12 PM - 16 May, 2007
Hot garbage but the beat is banging.
Nicky Blunt 1:23 PM - 16 May, 2007
im kinda scared to ask?

more d4l type dogs mess?
De LA 1:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
digiwaxx has been straight garbage lately! Im about to join a pay record pool if it doesnt shape up.
matt212 4:26 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
digiwaxx has been straight garbage lately! Im about to join a pay record pool if it doesnt shape up.

*NEWSFLASH*
You will get the same garbage with the pay record pool, you'll just have the same garbage sooner. lol
Nicky Blunt 6:29 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
im kinda scared to ask?

more d4l type dogs mess?

anyone?
tig ol' bitties 6:31 PM - 16 May, 2007
It has nothing to do with digiwaxx.
It has to do with the artists making the trash.
djabstrack 6:35 PM - 16 May, 2007
The track is garbage but it will def blow up. Catchy corny hook but the beat is tite. Sounds like everything else thats been blowing up. I agree about Digiwaxx is has def been wack lately.
De LA 7:32 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

*NEWSFLASH*
You will get the same garbage with the pay record pool, you'll just have the same garbage sooner. lol

go Compare the last 50 tracks at DJcity.com to the last 50 Tracks at Digiwaxx. Yeah they may both be "garbage" but at least the djcity tracks will hit the radio and I can play them for a crowd.
Digiwaxx has more "independent" stuff that would clear a club.
DJ-A 7:38 PM - 16 May, 2007
i've heard stuff on there that was garbage. and than 4 weeks later had someone request one of the songs... i was like "how the hell did you hear that" its definately not on the radio...
skinnyguy 7:43 PM - 16 May, 2007
that's what it's all about
matt212 8:09 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*NEWSFLASH*

go Compare the last 50 tracks at DJcity.com to the last 50 Tracks at Digiwaxx. Yeah they may both be "garbage" but at least the djcity tracks will hit the radio and I can play them for a crowd.
Digiwaxx has more "independent" stuff that would clear a club.

True, they do have more independent stuff, but what you get from DJCity that you can play in the club or on the radio, most of it will be on Digiwaxx a couple of weeks later. Are you trying to tell me that DJCity doesn't have this Wine-O track on thier site? If they don't, I guarantee it will be soon.
matt212 8:18 PM - 16 May, 2007
But I'll tell you this. Going to Digiwaxx right now is like flipping through crates, and crates of Killah Kuts. You see the name and that's about it. You won't know what sounds good until you listen. Sometimes they are good tracks and sometimes they are bad tracks.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:46 PM - 16 May, 2007
i played the real song (from a kiddie cd) at a sweet sixteen bday after they sang happy b-day, and the were all game... even the parents/chaperones joined in
tig ol' bitties 1:18 AM - 17 May, 2007
do you guys really think that is "bangin"? honestly??

I have never attempted to make a beat, but if I did I think making something as shitty as that wouldnt be too complicated.
matt212 1:46 AM - 17 May, 2007
Go ahead tig show us what you got and make that beat. I got some fire lyrics for this song I'm working on. It's called "Do The Limbo", and all I need is a fire beat and it's poppin, it's poppin, it's poppin, I ain't frontin.
DJ-A 3:29 PM - 17 May, 2007
For some reason this song makes me think of "Laffy Taffy"