DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The race stuff is not cool

dj hoodat baller 2:21 AM - 15 May, 2007
Where are the moderaters. The race theards are sick and shows what alot of people's true colors are. This format is about djing not this bullshit. I think who ever at ssl needs to get on there job and stop this crap and band these jerks who make fun of race issues. And other peoples race's This is not place to do this shit. I thougth it was be nice to others. SSL you will not let no one talk about people's djing but talking about people's race is ok.SSL you need to enforce your rules.
Thundercat 2:35 AM - 15 May, 2007
I'm sure they will step in if any attacks get personal.

If you can wade through some of the superficiality of some of the topics; to quote the renowned philosopher and teacher William Henry Cosby, Jr.:

"if you're not careful, you might learn something before it's done"
Dj Shamann 2:42 AM - 15 May, 2007
Hey man it's cool, we all have black friends.
smoothe 3:10 AM - 15 May, 2007
I totally agree with Grand man.
djskiggz 3:15 AM - 15 May, 2007
ah who cares.
sixxx 3:15 AM - 15 May, 2007
Race stuff is cool. I like Nascar. Nah. Well, I would if I were white. :P
sixxx 3:16 AM - 15 May, 2007
But, addressing this thread from a serious stand point. I agree that if it's not DJ related, it doesn't belong here.
Dj Shamann 3:29 AM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Race stuff is cool. I like Nascar. Nah. Well, I would if I were white. :P

Brap!!!
DJ d.range 3:50 AM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
But, addressing this thread from a serious stand point. I agree that if it's not DJ related, it doesn't belong here.

isn't imus loosely considered a dj??

i think if you're conplaining about race issues you're being over sensitive--but its ok, cause this whole damn country is over sennsitive

if you don't like whats being discussed in a thread, use your back button

my .02
sixxx 4:33 AM - 15 May, 2007
Well yeah... but I wasn't referring to the imus thread. I was talking about all the other garbage that's posted on here.
DJDLO 415 5:42 AM - 15 May, 2007
whatever in 2 days all the race threads will be old and be like on page 10.....everyone kool out...no one has taken and personal shots at anyone......its all fun and games among men.....

JUS KOOL THE F OUT PEEPS!!!!
dj_soo 5:49 AM - 15 May, 2007
I would certainly like to think most of them are satire.

At least mine was :).
sixxx 6:07 AM - 15 May, 2007
I like casual satire.
DJUltimate 6:40 AM - 15 May, 2007
It's sad that 95% of the great discussions on this forum are buried beneath the enormous loads of garbage such as the threads being addressed by Grand T. Something needs to be done.
Psyko Logical 7:43 AM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Where are the moderaters. The race theards are sick and shows what alot of people's true colors are. This format is about djing not this bullshit. I think who ever at ssl needs to get on there job and stop this crap and band these jerks who make fun of race issues. And other peoples race's This is not place to do this shit. I thougth it was be nice to others. SSL you will not let no one talk about people's djing but talking about people's race is ok.SSL you need to enforce your rules.

What are you, Canadian?
Monk-A 8:17 AM - 15 May, 2007
No gotta agree, Maxim is being derided for making an ill informed border line racist comment in his thread, yet people feel it's perfectly acceptable to rip the piss out of white girls and make any racist comment about other races they feel like and hide behind the "it's a joke remark".

I've staid out of the threads because i don't like them and a lot of the stuff being said i find highly offensive, I'm really dissapointed in the forum for allowing this sh*t to go on.

I've seen forums closed down for less...
Serato
James 8:48 AM - 15 May, 2007
Satire is nice but do we really need so many different threads of crap starting up? It's making the interesting stuff harder to find.

I might get the slap down with my locking stick...
Serato
James 8:54 AM - 15 May, 2007
And if all you 'what if' people are that bored there is a 1.7.2 public beta 2 to play with... ;)
nik39 9:39 AM - 15 May, 2007
WTF has happened to this board?!
Nicky Blunt 11:26 AM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

Really?

I mean Ive had some great conversations that have been non dj related!

Ive been talkin to dj skraps about the NBA finals i mean come on dont begrudge users talkin about stuff thats non offensive!

Howver I agree that if its offensive it dont belong here!
marx 12:00 PM - 15 May, 2007
this part of the forum is called "general disscusion" if u want only serato threads make another part of the forum thats called "serato only"

as far as the racial slurs....sorry buddy I work half the time in a comedy club so i hear it non stop. get a sense of humor. go to a comedy club & relieve some stress. laughing is good for ya. if u don't like the thread subject don't read it...thats y there is a subject.
Monk-A 12:02 PM - 15 May, 2007
humor is one thing but some of that was just plain racisim dressed up under the humor banner...
Monk-A 12:04 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
this part of the forum is called "general disscusion" if u want only serato threads make another part of the forum thats called "serato only"

uhm, well it does say this underneath General discussions on the front page:

Quote:
Talk about using Scratch LIVE, and digital DJing in general

not sure where racists slander comes in that
nik39 12:06 PM - 15 May, 2007
RIF.
DJ GaFFle 12:13 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
It's sad that 95% of the great discussions on this forum are buried beneath the enormous loads of garbage such as the threads being addressed by Grand T. Something needs to be done.

Kind of similar to 95% of the rap garbage (we DJ's complain about) that's out in the mainstream music industry.
marx 12:36 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Kind of similar to 95% of the rap garbage (we DJ's complain about) that's out in the mainstream music industry.

yes sir
marx 12:42 PM - 15 May, 2007
can't wait this young generation of muts to grow up. they probaly will not have to hear any racism "creed", but either way it will just come down to hair color then. it will always be something.

we have some very sensitive people on this board. its not that serious mane. u gotta also remember when your reading u have to try to imagine them speaking...just because "whoever" is making a strong point....doesn't mean their mad just speaking their opinion.
dj skraps 2:28 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
can't wait this young generation of muts to grow up. they probaly will not have to hear any racism "creed", but either way it will just come down to hair color then. it will always be something.

we have some very sensitive people on this board. its not that serious mane. u gotta also remember when your reading u have to try to imagine them speaking...just because "whoever" is making a strong point....doesn't mean their mad just speaking their opinion.

fo real.
DJJOHNNYM 3:04 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Blame Imus.

Seriously, though, there's nothing wrong with talking about this stuff; it's the only way to expose ignorance and counter it with knowledge. In fact, we should be glad that we can do it openly; my grandparents didn't have that luxury in their day.

Information rocks :)

I agree with you 100%. If people can read between the lines, vs. getting all huffy, then they would see that a lot of comments are made out of ignorance vs. trying to be malicious. If you point out the ignorance of certain statements, and make the "offender" understand the opposing view, they are less likely to cause that infraction again. However, it ain't that serious. A messageboard is made to spread messages.
DJJOHNNYM 3:05 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

Y'all are full of sh*it. You guys can sit here and talk about DJ AM's PERSONAL LIFE ALL DAY, and it ain't got shit to do with any clicks-n-fades he may do in a mix.
DJJOHNNYM 3:06 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
whatever in 2 days all the race threads will be old and be like on page 10.....everyone kool out...no one has taken and personal shots at anyone......its all fun and games among men.....

JUS KOOL THE F OUT PEEPS!!!!

Exactly. Y'all need more dymanics on this board...
DJJOHNNYM 3:12 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

Howver I agree that if its offensive it dont belong here!

See, this is the CRUX of the entire situation. Who is to determine what is offensive? I, as a black person may feel TOTALLY DISPRECTED by someone making a comment about "Ghetto Looking Black Dudes" driving Monte Carlos....

Are the majority of you on here black? No...so does that make the statement LESS OFFENSIVE? Of course not...

But there is freedom of speech...right? And just as someone may make (what I may feel) is an IGNORANT STATEMENT, I may feel as though I can correct them, (because they don't know any better), and they would learn to post less (if any) Racially Insensitive stuff towards Blacks, (if that's who I'm respresenting at the moment...).

You can't necessarily change the world at once, but you might be able to nudge a person in the right direction every once in a while.
DJJOHNNYM 3:13 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
humor is one thing but some of that was just plain racisim dressed up under the humor banner...

And there is plain racism dressed under the IGNORANT banner also.
Nicky Blunt 3:15 PM - 15 May, 2007
take a break from all this now! It was fun while it lasted but damn!
DJJOHNNYM 3:25 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

Why? Because it's a hot topic? It's something that a LOT of people don't want to discuss? What's the WORST that can happen by opening up this type of dialogue?
Nicky Blunt 3:26 PM - 15 May, 2007
People writing letters to serato! LOL
djaction 3:28 PM - 15 May, 2007
dj cubicle 3:28 PM - 15 May, 2007
If Serato would have just released the manual in Spanish, none of this would have ever happened.
De LA 3:32 PM - 15 May, 2007
and im sure the same people complaining watch Chappel's Show, Mad TV, SNL, South Park...all which poke fun at almost ever race..if those are around after all the hate mail and threats...do you really think ssl is going to go under for a few Threads on a forum that they dont monitor 24/7?
DJJOHNNYM 3:37 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
and im sure the same people complaining watch Chappel's Show, Mad TV, SNL, South Park...all which poke fun at almost ever race..if those are around after all the hate mail and threats...do you really think ssl is going to go under for a few Threads on a forum that they dont monitor 24/7?

LMAO. But true...
Monk-A 3:46 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

No argument there, a ignorant racist comment is an ignorant racist comment made in jest or made in seriousness.

Quote:
But there is freedom of speech...right?

Thats an easy wall to hide behind though,

The crux of it is this: if you don't want people to make racist comments about your own race, don't make racist comments about other peoples races. People need to lead by example, so justifying racist comment sunder the Humor banner dosen't make it alright it just makes it a funny racist comment.
DJJOHNNYM 3:47 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No argument there, a ignorant racist comment is an ignorant racist comment made in jest or made in seriousness.

Quote:
But there is freedom of speech...right?

Thats an easy wall to hide behind though,

The crux of it is this: if you don't want people to make racist comments about your own race, don't make racist comments about other peoples races. People need to lead by example, so justifying racist comment sunder the Humor banner dosen't make it alright it just makes it a funny racist comment.

I agree.
Rev. Jesse Jackson 3:49 PM - 15 May, 2007
You have waste all of our time here today. Serato is not racist.
DJJOHNNYM 3:51 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
You have waste all of our time here today. Serato is not racist.

Why? Because they have (rainbow) multi-colored vinyl?
Dj KaGeN 5:31 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

We are inundated with retards as of late, there is a ton of dj talent that have decided to sideline themselves due to all the STUPIDITY & IMMATURITY that dwells here.
CMOS 5:50 PM - 15 May, 2007
Vinyl is racist, anything other than black cost more.
DJJOHNNYM 6:04 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

We are inundated with retards as of late, there is a ton of dj talent that have decided to sideline themselves due to all the STUPIDITY & IMMATURITY that dwells here.

I agree.
tig ol' bitties 6:07 PM - 15 May, 2007
Blame it on the corporations, who make us sit in a cube all day and bask in our own self righteous idiotic behavior. :P
Psyko Logical 6:23 PM - 15 May, 2007
They don't make you do anything. You always have a choice. It's people who sit in a cube all day that make the corporations possible.
tig ol' bitties 6:24 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
They don't make you do anything. You always have a choice. It's people who sit in a cube all day that make the corporations possible.

it was a sarcastic comment.
MusicMeister 6:26 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Ya'll chill out & watch this:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Great vid....

My fiance used to be a pro dancer - mainly tap and jazz....
dj skraps 6:43 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Why? Because it's a hot topic? It's something that a LOT of people don't want to discuss? What's the WORST that can happen by opening up this type of dialogue?

HOT?...this shit is really stupid as fuck....nobody's gonna change the any of us think...racisim is no different now than it was back in da day....it will be around forever, lear to fukin live with it, all races experience it, deal with it, stop fuckin cryin over it....the more you cry over it the more you show it bothers you....your just giving others ammo to fire at you. To me this shit was funny, but all this bitching is getting really boring for a lot of us. Lets get some good topics back up. I dont mind race post and shit like that, but think of something fresh....
tig ol' bitties 6:44 PM - 15 May, 2007
racism no matter how sickening it is, will never disappear. EVER!
Just look at Borat. When he was at the rodeo.
You think anything will make those people change their views about arab people or black people? Nothing will, ever.
Hoepfully one day, people will only see people, not skin color, facial hair, religious beliefs, whatever as a deterent.

Until that day, these arguements and statements will become even more redundant then they already have.
Racism is nothing but ignorance. Some people are smart enough to know what is ignorant and just plain wrong, others dont (and i feel sorry for those people)

I am very happy to be where I am from. I have never been super exposed to constant racism/sexist/homophobic bigotry and I am lucky enough do be exposed to a hugely diverse atmosphere of people. I have love and respect for all people and do my best to be a standup person and not let others views and opinions affect the way I see the world and people.

As I see it, thats all I can do. WHen people make ignorant comments, I make sure I speak up and make it known what they just said is idiotic. If they tell me to shut up, then thats their problem. If they wanna be seen as a bigot, or a racist or just a complete idiot, then fine, I'll write them off. I dont have time for such people in my life.
DJJOHNNYM 6:55 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

HOT?...this shit is really stupid as fuck....nobody's gonna change the any of us think...racisim is no different now than it was back in da day....it will be around forever, lear to fukin live with it, all races experience it, deal with it, stop fuckin cryin over it....the more you cry over it the more you show it bothers you....your just giving others ammo to fire at you. To me this shit was funny, but all this bitching is getting really boring for a lot of us. Lets get some good topics back up. I dont mind race post and shit like that, but think of something fresh....

Why do I need to "fukin live with it" when I can address it right here? Very little bothers me, and all I did was point out his IGNORANCE. The rest of Y'ALL are the ones getting all twisted in the panties. If it bores you, click the next thread.

I INVITE people to try and throw "Ammo" at me, I shoot them down everytime.

And I didn't mean "HOT" as in a "GREAT" topic, I mean, "Hot" as in "Hot Potatoe" aka nobody wants to deal with it....
DJJOHNNYM 6:56 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

That is the wrong attitude.
Nicky Blunt 7:00 PM - 15 May, 2007
ok, im sure ive said this allready
but this time imma say it slowly so everyone understands.

This

Is

Really

Played

Out

Now!

Change the subject or loose your audience!

We are ALL bored with it now!

How many times do WE need to say sort it out! B4 y'all start listening!

& I say we bcause its not just me saying it!

This is not directed at anyone in particular but seriously its not even getting old its definatley yoda's grandad!

FIX UP!
tig ol' bitties 7:00 PM - 15 May, 2007
no its not. All I can do is do my best to be true to myself and do the best to influence the people I am around.

I wasnt saying I hope racism lasts until the day I die. I am being realistic. I would love to see the day there was unified love and tolerance, but do you really think that day will really come? anytime soon at least...
dj skraps 7:01 PM - 15 May, 2007
ok....let me know if anything gets settled....let me know if you have some kind of break through or get somewhere with this....Seems like you (johnny boy) put a helluva lot of energy into this....you should really be doing something more like getting out making speeches or cunducting marches or something instead of on SCRATCHLIVE forum....really if you really feel so strong on this issue get out, make some appearances or something like that, you dont seem to be getting very far with anyone on these boards.
tig ol' bitties 7:02 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

This

Is

Really

Played

Out

Now!

This is not directed at anyone in particular but seriously its not even getting old its definatley yoda's grandad!

FIX UP!

agreed, but dont read the post if you feel that way. respect :)
Nicky Blunt 7:05 PM - 15 May, 2007
its kinda difficult not to as its all over the boards now!

Seems like every thread you go to there is some race card being pulled!

Well lets get it over with! Im tired of it!

OK IM white all make fun of me for a while!
Or Alternativley ok Im black all make fun of me!

for those that care there is a picture of me up on www.myspace.com

cuss my music or whatever but please lets get away from all the race crap!
De LA 7:06 PM - 15 May, 2007
Im with Tig and blunt. This is played out on the SSL forum.
I dont think anyone here is racist. We all play music. We love music. We spin hip hop, rnB and house...and any other form of music we love. If we were racist most of us wouldnt be involved in promoting hip hop to the masses. We would all spin country or kenny G!

Im not saying these are the definite explanations but I think everyone is so quick to call someone a racist.

Now lets all just forget the race issue and get back to what really matters...and this bashing Trance. :p
DJJOHNNYM 7:07 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

This

Is

Really

Played

Out

Now!

FIX UP!

RIGHT! RACISM IS OLD...GIVE IT UP!

BECOME MORE RACIALLY RESPECTABLE.
dj skraps 7:09 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

This

Is

Really

Played

Out

Now!

FIX UP!

or just fukin lighten up....that might work too
DJJOHNNYM 7:09 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
ok....let me know if anything gets settled....let me know if you have some kind of break through or get somewhere with this....Seems like you (johnny boy) put a helluva lot of energy into this....you should really be doing something more like getting out making speeches or cunducting marches or something instead of on SCRATCHLIVE forum....really if you really feel so strong on this issue get out, make some appearances or something like that, you dont seem to be getting very far with anyone on these boards.

It's not a lot of energy. It's real talk. The PROBLEM is that it's not a POPULAR OPINION....

But check this out...

I dare you to do a POLL of everyone who is "TIRED" of this talk, and ask what their "RACE" or "COLOR" is...

You'll see a trend.
nik39 7:09 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Why do I need to "fukin live with it" when I can address it right here?

Wow, I agree with you DJ JONNY.

Quote:

lol, you've been shot several times, you *ARE* already dead. Its a ghost posting, lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree again... wt..?

tig+skraps, nah, not a good attitude. NEVER accept racism. If you shut up you are giving ammo to the racists!
DJJOHNNYM 7:11 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Why do I need to "fukin live with it" when I can address it right here?

Wow, I agree with you DJ JONNY.

Quote:

lol, you've been shot several times, you *ARE* already dead. Its a ghost posting, lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree again... wt..?

tig+skraps, nah, not a good attitude. NEVER accept racism. If you shut up you are giving ammo to the racists!

Ok, I MUST be DEAD....This dude is AGREEING with me...
tig ol' bitties 7:14 PM - 15 May, 2007
Wow...I am not speaking as in thats my belief. I am stating a true to life fact.
I would love to see it disappear and not see these types of threads in a DJ forum and as I said, it sickens me, but once again I am being a realest. Theres a difference between hoping things will change and knowing that it wont.

I dont accept racism, I just know its alive and with the ignorance most of this country exudes, esp in the midwest for example, I am sorry to say, it will not go away.
Trust me if I could snap my fingers and have this shit disappaear I would do it in a heartbeat...but thats wishful thinking.
DJUltimate 7:15 PM - 15 May, 2007
Can someone please LOCK this thread
tig ol' bitties 7:16 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

agreed. im done wit it.
DJJOHNNYM 7:18 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

Why? Because people are talking about a sensitive subject? It's boring or has no "relevance" to the majority? Nothing is being accomplished?

By the end of the day, a LOT of things have been exposed, and thought (or at least POSTING) processes changed.
dj skraps 7:18 PM - 15 May, 2007
i call for lock as well.
DJJOHNNYM 7:20 PM - 15 May, 2007
LOL! And what will that do, except CENSOR somebody? Think outside of the box...it's just as EASY to ignore the thread, and not POST IN IT to bring it to the top...

Some things are SO SIMPLE.
dj skraps 7:21 PM - 15 May, 2007
this dude just wont quit.

fucking annoying.
DJJOHNNYM 7:22 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
this dude just wont quit.

fucking annoying.

You are NOT being nice to me.
DJUltimate 7:22 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Why? Because people are talking about a sensitive subject? It's boring or has no "relevance" to the majority? Nothing is being accomplished?

By the end of the day, a LOT of things have been exposed, and thought (or at least POSTING) processes changed.

If you want to discuss racism in society and political correctness, do it someplace where it will make a difference. Not here. This is a forum for discussing SSL and DJing.
dj skraps 7:24 PM - 15 May, 2007
you win johnny....c'mom everybody let him know he won...maybe he'll stop.
DJJOHNNYM 7:25 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to discuss racism in society and political correctness, do it someplace where it will make a difference. Not here. This is a forum for discussing SSL and DJing.

Quite the CONTRARY. There were indications of RACIAL INSENSITIVTY here, and you should address it right away to let others know that it's not cool. TRYING to make a difference is the point.

People point out that this is a "Forum for discussing SSL and DJing....so WHAT THE HELL DOES A THREAD ABOUT GHETTO BLACK DUES DRIVING MONTE' CARLOS have to do with DJ'ing?

I didn't start the thread.
dj skraps 7:26 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thats what i was trying to say in one of my last posts. see there johnny boy...if you'd like to make a difference take it somewhere that you'll make an inpact.
DJJOHNNYM 7:26 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
you win johnny....c'mom everybody let him know he won...maybe he'll stop.

lol...maybe!
dj skraps 7:26 PM - 15 May, 2007
*impact*
DJJOHNNYM 7:26 PM - 15 May, 2007
Y'all don't get it....

I RESPOND to whatever is OUT THERE....

If it doesn't get posted, I can't respond....

Now can I?
DJUltimate 7:28 PM - 15 May, 2007
.....LOCK.....
DJJOHNNYM 7:29 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thats what i was trying to say in one of my last posts. see there johnny boy...if you'd like to make a difference take it somewhere that you'll make an inpact.

But it IS making an IMPACT HERE...We've sat and DEBATED THIS THING ALL GOD'T DAMN DAY...

You'll NEVER get back those countless taps on the keyboard...

You'll NEVER get back those precious minutes to formulate a rebuttal to something you think somebody should "Get Over"...

You've already invested your time, and are more aware that it even exists RIGHT HERE (Racial Insensitivity), and you guys will know how to handle it better going forward.
DJJOHNNYM 7:30 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
.....LOCK.....

POP, LOCK AND DROP IT!
dj skraps 7:30 PM - 15 May, 2007
cool....so youve done your job

LOCK!!!
tig ol' bitties 7:31 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
.....LOCK.....

POP, LOCK AND DROP IT!

yet another rubbish song blowing up! god why!?!?! haha
Dj KaGeN 7:32 PM - 15 May, 2007
leave the thread open - lock DJJOHNNY (Master Instigator) M's fuggin keyboard.
DJJOHNNYM 7:36 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
.....LOCK.....

POP, LOCK AND DROP IT!

yet another rubbish song blowing up! god why!?!?! haha

Man, I dunno...I just don't...
DJUltimate 7:36 PM - 15 May, 2007
Johnny, I'm sorry if you are offended but the simple fact is this...
Unfortunately, nothing you say on an internet forum is going to change the acts, opinions and/or beliefs of ignorant people who make racist comments (intentionally or not)

Let's not fuel the fire of stupidy
DJJOHNNYM 7:37 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
leave the thread open - lock DJJOHNNY (Master Instigator) M's fuggin keyboard.

I am not an INSTIGATOR, I just REPLY to what is put out there....

Y'all all flustered-n-shit...
DJJOHNNYM 7:39 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Johnny, I'm sorry if you are offended but the simple fact is this...
Unfortunately, nothing you say on an internet forum is going to change the acts, opinions and/or beliefs of ignorant people who make racist comments (intentionally or not)

Let's not fuel the fire of stupidy

Man Listen,

I'm a computer tech, and sit in front of a KEYBOARD ALL DAY...

I have nothing BETTER to do than my little piece. And letting Steve_Dub know it wasn't cool was all I was doing.

It may not change their actions IN REAL REAL LIFE, but it may change their actions HERE, and for me, that's good enough for the moment.

It is NOT a fire of stupidity, it is a LEARNING CURVE that has LONG been engrained as being "OK"....

It's not OK. That's all I was saying.
Dj KaGeN 7:42 PM - 15 May, 2007
I'm a [edit] little nerdy [/edit] computer tech, and sit in front of a KEYBOARD ALL DAY [edit] and whine like a little bitch. [/edit]

{sorry mods, if you this buried in mr. fillibusters bullshit.}
Dj KaGeN 7:42 PM - 15 May, 2007
<find>
DJJOHNNYM 8:01 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
I'm a [edit] little nerdy [/edit] computer tech, and sit in front of a KEYBOARD ALL DAY [edit] and whine like a little bitch. [/edit]

{sorry mods, if you this buried in mr. fillibusters bullshit.}

Are you calling me a bitch? Again THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW you've won an argument or debate...

The opposition resorts to profanity or non-intelligent things to say....

****sigh****
DJDLO 415 9:04 PM - 15 May, 2007
yo james the moderator !!! lock em up!!!!! LOL
Psyko Logical 9:39 PM - 15 May, 2007
Why lock it? Censorship of ANY kind is wrong. Noone is forcing you to post, let alone read, this thread. "OH MY GOD!!! I DON'T AGREE! I DON'T AGREE!! SHUT HIM UP!!" Pure ignorance. <sigh>
dj cubicle 9:47 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Why lock it? Censorship of ANY kind is wrong. Noone is forcing you to post, let alone read, this thread. "OH MY GOD!!! I DON'T AGREE! I DON'T AGREE!! SHUT HIM UP!!" Pure ignorance. <sigh>

Psyko, it's just that it really doesn't pertain to SSL or DJing anymore than a thread about McDonalds v. Burger King does.

Censorship is perfectly acceptable based upon the conditions set forth for this particular forum.
Psyko Logical 9:51 PM - 15 May, 2007
That's why it's in GENERAL. I'm pretty sure when I signed up to this forum there was a note about it not being censored in any way. I had mad respect for that. I hope to see it stay that way.
dj skraps 9:53 PM - 15 May, 2007
BTW....Burger King.......2 tacos and Rodeo Cheeseburger late night....a hella good....$2.16
dj_soo 9:55 PM - 15 May, 2007
^ man if i was forced to eat either one, it would be mc-dicks. Not really into a place that microwaves its burgers...
dj cubicle 9:56 PM - 15 May, 2007
But it also says Talk about using Scratch LIVE, and digital DJing in general and this has gotten waaaaay out of the scope of that.

I'm not saying it isn't a valid discussion, but this really isn't the place for it. This is what all of the OTHER djing message boards are for that people go to when they get tired of getting useful informaiton here.
Psyko Logical 10:00 PM - 15 May, 2007
I'm not saying the discussion is particularly relevant here, or even belongs here. Just no need to lock it. Reading through the thread I felt like an angry mob was forming.
dj skraps 10:01 PM - 15 May, 2007
fuck mc-dicks....you cant even get a burger where the cheese is even melted.
DJJOHNNYM 10:12 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

Yep!
DJDLO 415 10:28 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

dont be annoying....i dont think youve seen me around the forum enough to understand me...jus look me up......
Daim 10:30 PM - 15 May, 2007
how can u camplain about too much racism on this board by starting a bunch of threads about racism lol
Psyko Logical 10:34 PM - 15 May, 2007
Wasn't just directed at you my man. Quite a few votes to lock this up. I think thats wrong. If you find that annoying, well.... I don't care. Thats life. I'm sure your a cool cat in your own right. But that doesn't change my opinion about censorship. No need to get personal.
DJDLO 415 10:39 PM - 15 May, 2007
^^^^^^nope not at all....thats why i said research me....alll good psyko homie
Psyko Logical 10:41 PM - 15 May, 2007
Gravy
Thundercat 11:11 PM - 15 May, 2007
Monk-A 11:34 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

no cencorship of any from is not wrong. Would you show a child hardcore pornography? Nope! would you show them footage of people beheading people on you tube? No! Would you tell a kid that women are bitches ho's and everything else? NO!

There is no age limit on this forum, so be respectful of the fact there could be minors posting on this board and idiots on here are subjecting them to racist comments, links to pornography and how to call a woman a bitch and that they are all ho's.

Now tell me that the forum isn't off topic and now also tell me that stopping people saying this shit isn't morally wrong.

I'm all for free speech bu there are plenty of other places on the net and in real life to discuss racism, sex, women whatever you want - why turn this into those places and hide behind that most liberal concept of freedom of speech as a defence of your actions?

this is a DJ forum about DJ'ing specifically with Serato and or Digital Mediums, don't make it out to be something it isn't.

the end
Pete Moss 12:03 AM - 16 May, 2007
If we can't have fun with each other, why be here? I heard no malice, just some fun equal opportunity teasing.
sixxx 12:11 AM - 16 May, 2007
Monk-A is right. Some form of censorship is always needed. Of course, some of the stuff that goes around here is just stupid to be censored.
dj hoodat baller 1:50 AM - 16 May, 2007
no cencorship of any from is not wrong. Would you show a child hardcore pornography? Nope! would you show them footage of people beheading people on you tube? No! Would you tell a kid that women are bitches ho's and everything else? NO!

There is no age limit on this forum, so be respectful of the fact there could be minors posting on this board and idiots on here are subjecting them to racist comments, links to pornography and how to call a woman a bitch and that they are all ho's.

Now tell me that the forum isn't off topic and now also tell me that stopping people saying this shit isn't morally wrong.

I'm all for free speech bu there are plenty of other places on the net and in real life to discuss racism, sex, women whatever you want - why turn this into those places and hide behind that most liberal concept of freedom of speech as a defence of your actions?

this is a DJ forum about DJ'ing specifically with Serato and or Digital Mediums, don't make it out to be something it isn't.

the end I am glad that someone here under stand what's really going on in life. If you have kids and family you do not want them subject to this BS Well said MONK-A. You are a real man and a good human being. This is what i am trying to get across to people
vidoona 2:35 AM - 16 May, 2007
Jesus, I leave the board for like a week and shit blows up. Looks like race is the new DJ AM. I remember when 50% of the posts on here were useful DJing tips that just blew my mind because the people giving them were so helpful.
dj hoodat baller 2:47 AM - 16 May, 2007
I thougth it was a site to learn about serato and and give tips and get tips on djing but it is to much hatered going on
Psyko Logical 3:40 AM - 16 May, 2007
My my. Ruffled some feathers. Please don't fill in my answers to your questions because the answer to the first two is a resounding yes. I stand by my statement. The best way to teach is to be honest and open. Better to learn the world on its terms I think. You have your morals and I have mine.
sixxx 3:50 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
The best way to teach is to be honest and open. Better to learn the world on its terms I think. You have your morals and I have mine.

Well said.
dj hoodat baller 3:59 AM - 16 May, 2007
I understand sometime people do not like me because. I am a honest and open person but by no way will i attack a race of people with my honesty. A race of people can't do anything to you it is all about the person that hurts some one not there race. And i will not look at what a couple of people do and try to pen that on the race of people as a whole.
Monk-A 7:02 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
My my. Ruffled some feathers.

hardly, we've seen these kind of ignorant statments from people hiding behind free speech a thousand times before.

You come home form work one day and see your 8 year old duaghter watching A2M Bukkake Sl*ts getting cornholed.

then tell me you sit down have a calm discussion with her and explain thats just the way of the world.

LOL!!

Quote:
Please don't fill in my answers to your questions because the answer to the first two is a resounding yes. I stand by my statement.

then you are a hypocrite, how can you say yes to the first two but no the the third?

Are you, no wait you couldn't be could you?, are you perhaps making a moral judgment on something based on your own beliefs and passing it on?

Well guess what? THATS Censorship!

The only difference is that the Moral decision is being made by a democratic system rather than the individual.

You belive in Democracy don't you? I'd be surprised if you dind't but obviously i don't want to answer for you as it seems to upset you so much.

If you do then you subscribe to the view that the majority of the group makes the decision that is beneficial to everyone rather than the individual making it's own decision and you live in a lawless society. That my friend is exactly the same as censorship, just in a different context.

You can't have one without the other.

Quote:
The best way to teach is to be honest and open. Better to learn the world on its terms I think. You have your morals and I have mine.

Yes of course it's better to be truthful and honest and open, but it's not always about that.

An adult has a moral obligation to protect innocence, if you or your close family have kids you'll understand this.

Society on a whole has a responsibility to protect people who do not have the understanding or experience or ability to make certain moral judgments themselves.

And censorship is part of that process.

I live in a country thats 100 times more liberal than the US or the UK, and 20 years ago it was part of one of the largest communist countries in the world, yet 20 years later the same people who were living under extreme censorship are some fo the most liberal and socially sound people i've ever met in my life.

go figure that.
DJMark 8:11 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

I live in a country thats 100 times more liberal than the US or the UK, and 20 years ago it was part of one of the largest communist countries in the world, yet 20 years later the same people who were living under extreme censorship are some fo the most liberal and socially sound people i've ever met in my life.

I was curious about what country that might be, so I looked at your profile...says you live in Belgium. Either I missed a chapter in history, or you've moved. :-).

Mastering a CD for a guy in Belgium right now, interestingly enough...
nik39 10:03 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I dont accept racism, I just know its alive and with the ignorance most of this country exudes, esp in the midwest for example, I am sorry to say, it will not go away.
Trust me if I could snap my fingers and have this shit disappaear I would do it in a heartbeat...but thats wishful thinking.

tig, I know you want, but I think its important to stand up and show that certain things are still not ok or accepted and that people will fight against them - like racism. If you just shut up with the arguement dont put oil into the fire, people will think its fine to post racist crap+thoughts. Well... it sort of is okay to post them (maybe not in this forum), it is necessary, freedom of speech, (as long as it doesnt cross a certain border) but it is also necessary to stand up against it.

Oh, and yeah, we dont have to be naive to think we will change all their racism thoughts or their minds, but maybe one or two might re-think their position. If not - they know it is not everyone who agrees with these sick thoughts, which is also something good achieved.
Monk-A 10:21 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I was curious about what country that might be, so I looked at your profile...says you live in Belgium. Either I missed a chapter in history, or you've moved. :-).

Mastering a CD for a guy in Belgium right now, interestingly enough...

I moved about 4-5 months ago mate, just haven't updated the profile. Ilive in Macedonia. in some ways the people are incredibly liberal in other ways they are completely the opposite - like any country - but the average persons out look on life is very very liberal.
Monk-A 10:22 AM - 16 May, 2007
having said that Belgium is way more liberal than either the UK or US
Psyko Logical 11:03 AM - 16 May, 2007
Damn, this is alot to cover in one post so I'll try to keep it as short as I can. And let me clarify that I am in no way pissed off, or even mildly irritated, before this goes any farther toward personal attack. I love a good discussion.

1st off, I actually don't believe in democracy, but I'd rather not drift into the realm of governmental politics.

The reason I could only say yes to two of your questions is that you asked if I personally would do those things, and I would never teach a child that women are bitches or hos. Nor would I try to stop anyone else from teaching their own kids that they are. I believe strongly in respect.

As far as my kid seeing some sluts getting fucked every way but sideways wouldn't be a big deal to me at all. I wouldn't say it was "the way of the world", just explain what was going on. I don't have many (if any) hangups about sex-- I don't see it as wrong or as something to be ashamed of. It's a very LARGE part of life, and as such it's my responsibility to teach that. I would hate to pass that kind of guilt and shame to a child; she might end up being one of those sluts if I did.

I also disagree with you about protecting innocence.
Innocence = Ignorance. To thrive in the world you need to understand the world. That includes violence, sex, drugs, religion, racism and all sorts of other ugly shit out there.

Quote:
Society on a whole has a responsibility to protect people who do not have the understanding or experience or ability to make certain moral judgments themselves.

I hardly know where to start with this one. Who decides who's experienced/able to understand moral judgements? I don't think society has any bussiness in my (or anyone elses)morals. You can't legislate taste.

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah-- I hope I've shown that my opions are not based on ignorance. I don't hide behind free speech. I stand in front of it.
DJJOHNNYM 11:32 AM - 16 May, 2007
NOW THIS IS A GREAT DISCUSSION!!!! Do you guys see how once you get PAST THE IGNORANT POSTS what really lies under the surface? As I've said before, BY THE END OF OUR DISCUSSION, we'll have a better understanding (or at least improve our posting habits) along the lines of racism here, and hopefully will carry what we've learned into real life.

That's REAL TALK!
Psyko Logical 11:34 AM - 16 May, 2007
Word.
Monk-A 11:38 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Damn, this is alot to cover in one post so I'll try to keep it as short as I can. And let me clarify that I am in no way pissed off, or even mildly irritated, before this goes any farther toward personal attack. I love a good discussion.

no personal attacks mate, I juts find your beliefs - uhm! odd!

Quote:
1st off, I actually don't believe in democracy, but I'd rather not drift into the realm of governmental politics.

Well what do you believe in? anarchy?

Quote:
The reason I could only say yes to two of your questions is that you asked if I personally would do those things, and I would never teach a child that women are bitches or hos. Nor would I try to stop anyone else from teaching their own kids that they are. I believe strongly in respect.

Yes but that respect is a moral judgement you are making, so not teaching a kid to call a women a ho is a moral judgement on your behalf.

Let me change the question. If a child calls you're women "b*tch" or "ho" would you happily accept that the child was just expressing himself or would you chastise the child and explain why it wasn't the right thing to do? If you would do the latter then it's censorship.

Quote:
sluts getting fucked

How can you talk about respect women and then in the next sentence say that? Thats just bizarre.

Quote:
I wouldn't say it was "the way of the world", just explain what was going on. I don't have many (if any) hangups about sex-- I don't see it as wrong or as something to be ashamed of.

Well that's a completely different topic of discussion, this isn't about sexual hangups, consenting adults are free to do what they want, i whole heartedly agree with that, but not everyone in society can consent. Children cannot, so who makes the decision for them?

Quote:
It's a very LARGE part of life, and as such it's my responsibility to teach that. I would hate to pass that kind of guilt and shame to a child; she might end up being one of those sluts if I did.

Again you use the term "slut" after talking about respect, and can you honestly say letting a child watch hardcore pornography is a responsible way to teach them about sex?

Of course it's a very large part of life, thats exactly why a child should not have the view of a women as an object thrust upon them when their minds are a malliable sponge.

Quote:
Innocence = Ignorance.

Utter rubbish mate, the innocence of a child is not ignorance. People develop through learning and experience, but a civilised society has an obligation to make sure children are not exploited or abused, and that they are allowed to develop at their own rate. Not have it forced onto them - censorship protects that.

Quote:
To thrive in the world you need to understand the world. That includes violence, sex, drugs, religion, racism and all sorts of other ugly shit out there.

yes of course, no one is disputing that, what we are disputing is the fact that you would happily show a child pornography or extreme violence and then say it was morally fine to do so because it was "teaching them" how the world was.

Quote:

Quote:

I hardly know where to start with this one. Who decides who's experienced/able to understand moral judgements? I don't think society has any bussiness in my (or anyone elses)morals. You can't legislate taste.

It's not a question of taste, paedophiles have different taste to other people, would you happily let them just get on with it?

As for who decides who's experienced etc.. that's my point. YOU can't! That's why Society on a whole has taken a decision, introduced the age of consent. An 8 year old girl cannot consent to sex. The mentally handicapped cannot always reason n a manner that will protect them.

Children are not born with a sense of right or wrong, they develop that over their years through knowledge and experience, censorship controls the rate they develop at, and protects them from experiencing things that as a developing child their minds cannot adjust to - such as sex, violence etc... Children's minds are malleable and are vulnerable to suggestion you need to install the ability for a child to make decisions based on the basic concepts of right or wrong. Censorship aids in this process.

I'm not talking about taking everyone's right away what I'm saying is that you need to understand that society cannot just run wild. You cannot just have people doing what they feel like.

Quote:
Did I miss anything? Oh yeah-- I hope I've shown that my opions are not based on ignorance. I don't hide behind free speech. I stand in front of it.

No I have to disagree, you are hiding behind the concept of free speech to justify your actions. There are plenty of people within the Pornography industry etc.. who use free speech to protect their businesses AND back censorship.

What is important is how that censorship is controlled and the decisions behind it that are important not the fact that there is censorship.
DJJOHNNYM 11:47 AM - 16 May, 2007
I'm not sure who said what, but as for this discussion happening HERE on this forum, this is some shit that NEEDS to happen BADLY! Most of y'all are cool in some manner or another...but are gunshy of some good manners in mixed company.

I now know that race relations are supposidly better overseas.

There is a time and a place for everything, and those that are OLD ENOUGH to log into scratchlive.net are old enough to learn good race relations tactics.

Messageboards most times, can be GREAT LIVE CONTROLLED SAMPLES of what you'll face in the real world. I personally believe it's good practice to see how those around you (cyberwise) act, because it can be a GREAT MODEL of what to expect from people in REAL REAL LIFE. A line has to be drawn in your own head however of where CYBERLIFE ENDS and REAL REAL life begins, but a lot of ACTIONS, SAYINGS, AND INSTANCES run parallel.

Lemmie go read some more, so I can comment some more.
DJJOHNNYM 11:54 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

Oh, and yeah, we dont have to be naive to think we will change all their racism thoughts or their minds, but maybe one or two might re-think their position. If not - they know it is not everyone who agrees with these sick thoughts, which is also something good achieved.

WELL F*CKIN SAID! I do believe I said something similar yesterday!
Nicky Blunt 12:00 PM - 16 May, 2007
if thats the case & we are all going all maude flanders (as in Ohhhhhhh wont somebody think of the children then the best thing i can think of would be to have a just buggin out forum aera for 18+ users only and a nikelodeon area for the kidz!

But at thew same time this product is not a toy its a serious peice of kit for a serious dj therefore if kids parents wanna allow the child to use adult toys then the parents must be prepared for the consequences.

Also what kinda responsible parent lets their kids, use the internet unaccompanied anywayz???
I understand where you are coming from as parents but I dont hve kids & dont want my ability to talk as an adult removed because someone else does! Im not being selfish just hate the way parents think that because they decided to have offspring I have to act different.

Just stop the kids looking at an adult website or get the guys on the website here to make a childrens area with dot to dot drawings and everything. Please dont take this as an attack on anyone. This is just my personal opinon & by now way am i saying im right! Hate it or luv it Its just how i feel on the subject!
Monk-A 12:08 PM - 16 May, 2007
heh! nobody is saying you shouldnt be free to discuss things on this forum Nicky, people NEED to discuss stuff.

But are you saying Racially and sexually derogatory terms are acceptable just becaus eof freespeech?

My point to Psyco isn't that we shouldn't have these adult discussions but that Censoring the out and out meaningless hatred spouted by some people isn't always a bad thing.

I don't have kids, i'm using them as a big stick to hit psyco with so he can understand my view point on why Censroship is not always a bad thing. :)
DJMark 12:25 PM - 16 May, 2007
OK, so in one sense I don't think it's a bad thing that people have the freedom to out themselves as bigots on here. Kind of a convenient red-flag they're waving, in fact.

On the other hand, this isn't "public" space, it's the private domain of a company making rather specialized software. I think they made their point quite clear in locking all those threads from yesterday, so maybe it's time to put down the "big sticks" here and think about something else for awhile.
Monk-A 12:31 PM - 16 May, 2007
DJMark agreed
DJJOHNNYM 12:46 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

On the other hand, this isn't "public" space, it's the private domain of a company making rather specialized software. I think they made their point quite clear in locking all those threads from yesterday, so maybe it's time to put down the "big sticks" here and think about something else for awhile.

I think they locked the threads that OBVIOUSLY were poking fun at the issue. I doubt they would lock a thread where we were having a serious debate about Racism.
DJJOHNNYM 12:48 PM - 16 May, 2007
We're not going to continue this conversation FOREVER, but it's on the forefront of the board right now, and we have to deal. Or you could just ignore the threads, and let them fall to the bottom. Either way, the board will return to normalicy.
Nicky Blunt 12:54 PM - 16 May, 2007
Ok johnny M 1st

No Im not saying racial abuse or sexually degrading comments are justified. They are a plague that will prolly never be exterminated at there is not enough understanding & people frear the unknown!

However I also belive in calling a spade a spade! So if for instance I had a girl who I belived was acting like a hoe your damn straight imma check her on it! I may not put her on blast on the innanet! But I will come correct!

As for the racism the best thing I can point to is the racial awareness advert that ran in the uk in the late 90's

It had x amount of pictures of 1 brain!

So African
European
Chineese
Indian etc but they all used the same picture then it came to racist and the brain was like a 1/4 of the size! Racism needs to be stopped! By the way I have living with a black (jamaican) girl for the last 6 years so im far from racist!

You know Johnny I also agree that the censoring of dodgey comments is a good thing! But thats what the mods are for!
We are just lowley users & therefore we post & play! All im tryin to say in the most friendly fashion is know your position and play it!

But both of us are guilty of posts that under your rules should be banned! We actually have a very simular beleif structire on some issues.

See the post we both made about homosexuals! I nearly putsomething else but decided not to! so you are right that all the fuss over the last few days has changed the way I post things! Im more likley to think about who will be reading this & how they will take it!

& DJ Mark are you calling me a bigot? (no e-thuggin from myside its just a question)
DJJOHNNYM 1:02 PM - 16 May, 2007
Morning Nicky Blunt! Yeah, I'm kinda interested in how you guys overseas deal with race relations...I've often wondered how blacks are looked at over there and stuff. Of COURSE we've toed the line with some of our posts, but as time progresses, and we learn more about EACH OTHER on the board, a MUTUAL RESPECT is (or should be) created. Yeah, I made that homosexual remark because it was a dig at NikJr, but THAT'S WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE. That issue is different from RACISTS that pretend that it's ALL GOOD. I'd LOVE to know who all the KLAN MEMBERS are on this board. Why? So that I won't scratch my head when they post what I consider some IGNORANT SHIT. The fact that you ADMIT how you may change some of your posting habits shows that change can happen.

I know I've gained a different perspective of those overseas. I used to think that all they did was STEAL our (United States), music and culture, but that is far from the truth.
Nicky Blunt 1:15 PM - 16 May, 2007
How rude of me Morning to you sir too!

Even if its two oclock in the afternoon here now! LOL

As you can see from my last post im far from a racist, Ive lived with her for 6 years as a girlfriend so im defo not in that catagory. As for the clan? is that shit still going on widespread or just in the hick towns?

& To be honest most of the time most people over here are cool with race colour & creed!

Ive had a few comments from white guys like "hey nice girlfriend. you gona have kids that fit into neither of our communities"

& Black guys that have been like "hey you white idiot how come you guys are stealing all of our women"

Then at the same time as I belive you posted yesterday! Ive had random people both black & white that Ive never met hi 5 me for being with such a fine young black girl!

So I now have the opinion that I take people as I find them!

THat goes for religion too! I mean I have some muslim friends that are as normal as you can be, (this may be contrary to popular beleif but most are) but im also aware that there is a fringe element that has extreemist views!

As for stealing your culture im a child of the 80's (I was born in 1976) i grew up in a posh suburb of london & went to a private school! did that stop the other boys from laughing at me and telling me I wanted to be a (N-Bomb) coz while they listened to depeche mode I was rocking RUN DMC NWA ICE T & all that good shit) I never even knew it was black music when i started listening to it! It was just good music to breakdance too. Since then my horizons have expanded and so has my awareness of the world i live in & the people I share it with.

I hope none of my posts have caused any offence.

However (and Im joking) It seems you guys are doing a pretty good job of stealing our artists at the moment!

Amy Winehouse
Lilly Allen
Coldplay
& on and on!

Also please bear in mind my last comment was a joke (I now feel the need to point this out)

All smiles guys

Holla
nik39 1:25 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Yeah, I made that homosexual remark because .. THAT'S WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE.

DJJONNYM, that's sad. And you stand up against racism?? No one said to you, you should be homosexual too, but to each their own. It's called tolerance and acceptance.

Posting "thats gay!" meaning "thats crap" is not tolerant at all.

For the record... I remember you were posting stuff as well which clearly display you have racial-prejedices as well [and post them on this board] ( scratchlive.net , and "Ummm....what ABOUT the white ones? I'm not concerned about them and their downloading habits. How about I know about the downloading habits of the race that I'm a part of." plus various other ignorant points and generalizations, which lead to... we all know.)
Nicky Blunt 1:29 PM - 16 May, 2007
its all gone quiet on the stealing fron Johnny! (and remember Im still only joking)
DJJOHNNYM 1:33 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

DJJONNYM, that's sad. And you stand up against racism?? No one said to you, you should be homosexual too, but to each their own. It's called tolerance and acceptance.

Posting "thats gay!" meaning "thats crap" is not tolerant at all.

For the record... I remember you were posting stuff as well which clearly display you have racial-prejedices as well [and post them on this board] ( scratchlive.net , and "Ummm....what ABOUT the white ones? I'm not concerned about them and their downloading habits. How about I know about the downloading habits of the race that I'm a part of." plus various other ignorant points and generalizations, which lead to... we all know.)

Dude, I'm worried about MY PLIGHT (Racial Insensitivity) right now...lol. Not YOURS (Homosexuality). No offense, but it IS WHAT IT IS...

And do you know what? I DO tolerate it. Remember when I FIRST discovered that you were a pillow biter? And what I said? Lemmie refresh your memory...

I said something along the lines of "Wait, YOU'RE GAY??? I refuse to post back and forth with you anymore"...

Remember that?

Now I entertain your posts....

That's tolerance.

And that post where I said "Ummm...what ABOUT the white ones?" Is EXACTLY RIGHT! I wasn't concerned about their downloading habits! I was speaking on BLACK PEOPLE'S DOWNLOADING HABITS...

Something that I knew something about...

I don't talk about what I don't know...
DJJOHNNYM 1:36 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
How rude of me Morning to you sir too!

Even if its two oclock in the afternoon here now! LOL

As you can see from my last post im far from a racist, Ive lived with her for 6 years as a girlfriend so im defo not in that catagory. As for the clan? is that shit still going on widespread or just in the hick towns?

& To be honest most of the time most people over here are cool with race colour & creed!

Ive had a few comments from white guys like "hey nice girlfriend. you gona have kids that fit into neither of our communities"

& Black guys that have been like "hey you white idiot how come you guys are stealing all of our women"

Then at the same time as I belive you posted yesterday! Ive had random people both black & white that Ive never met hi 5 me for being with such a fine young black girl!

So I now have the opinion that I take people as I find them!

THat goes for religion too! I mean I have some muslim friends that are as normal as you can be, (this may be contrary to popular beleif but most are) but im also aware that there is a fringe element that has extreemist views!

As for stealing your culture im a child of the 80's (I was born in 1976) i grew up in a posh suburb of london & went to a private school! did that stop the other boys from laughing at me and telling me I wanted to be a (N-Bomb) coz while they listened to depeche mode I was rocking RUN DMC NWA ICE T & all that good shit) I never even knew it was black music when i started listening to it! It was just good music to breakdance too. Since then my horizons have expanded and so has my awareness of the world i live in & the people I share it with.

I hope none of my posts have caused any offence.

However (and Im joking) It seems you guys are doing a pretty good job of stealing our artists at the moment!

Amy Winehouse
Lilly Allen
Coldplay
& on and on!

Also please bear in mind my last comment was a joke (I now feel the need to point this out)

All smiles guys

Holla

2 in the afternoon? Shit, y'all been up all day...One day I'll get your timezones right.

And yes, I see that it wasn't stealing, it was just a love for GOOD MUSIC, when then made me respect y'all MORE...

The truth is that the US doesn't stay loyal to artists, and it's a shame...It doesn't really matter how much they've accomplished in the music industry, a LOT fall to the side, and go overseas to have their careers stay afloat and in some cases flourish.

I WISH we had that midset here.
nik39 1:43 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I was speaking on BLACK PEOPLE'S DOWNLOADING HABITS...

Generalazations, ignorance lead to... we all know. Fact is you have proven you are lacking tolerance, you make fun of gay people and then you have the nerve to step up for your black rights and fight against racism and ignorance.

*laughs*
Nicky Blunt 1:46 PM - 16 May, 2007
yeah i mean I was really surprised at the way I heard some of the USA fans just treat artists like they are disposable!

Over here most of the time unless they do a micheal jackson we tend to stick with an artist! Unless they completly change direction! Like cypress hill did for a while! Im kinda tunnel vision on music as ive been into music for a while now & know what I like & what I dont! so if an artist gets into a genre that I dont like i no longer check for it!
DJJOHNNYM 2:02 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Generalazations, ignorance lead to... we all know. Fact is you have proven you are lacking tolerance, you make fun of gay people and then you have the nerve to step up for your black rights and fight against racism and ignorance.

*laughs*

Hey, I tolerate you on this board, so that's progress....

And if you KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, they GENERALLY don't accept GAYNESS...

Go to Jamaica and switch your azz down the street, and see what happens...
DJJOHNNYM 2:03 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
yeah i mean I was really surprised at the way I heard some of the USA fans just treat artists like they are disposable!

Over here most of the time unless they do a micheal jackson we tend to stick with an artist! Unless they completly change direction! Like cypress hill did for a while! Im kinda tunnel vision on music as ive been into music for a while now & know what I like & what I dont! so if an artist gets into a genre that I dont like i no longer check for it!

Yeah, Mike took it to the next level.

Good to meet you Nicky Blunt!
Nicky Blunt 2:04 PM - 16 May, 2007
if you looking for that kinda action! Emancipation park in jamaica is the place for that!

Check beanies song whu ya nu fi do!

Thats how the jamaicans do on that kinda ACTIVITY!!!!!!!

Im not saying that hes right! Im just giving an example!

try googling the lyrics! he makes it quite clear where he stands on the subject!
sixxx 2:05 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*laughs*

And if you KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, they GENERALLY don't accept GAYNESS...

Hahahaha. Now I've heard it all. Seems like DJJOHNNYM is now the speaker of non-gay black people.... oh wait, only in Jamaica cause yup, I've seen plenty of gay dudes and their families who accept them. Oh wait... but Generally? You mean, stereotyping people now? lol

From this point on, you're a hypocrite. You're improving by the minute (sarcasm).
DJJOHNNYM 2:06 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
if you looking for that kinda action! Emancipation park in jamaica is the place for that!

try googling the lyrics! he makes it quite clear where he stands on the subject!

WE ARE >>>>>>>>>>>>HERE!!!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<
DJJOHNNYM 2:08 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*laughs*

Hahahaha. Now I've heard it all. Seems like DJJOHNNYM is now the speaker of non-gay black people.... oh wait, only in Jamaica cause yup, I've seen plenty of gay dudes and their families who accept them. Oh wait... but Generally? You mean, stereotyping people now? lol

From this point on, you're a hypocrite. You're improving by the minute (sarcasm).

Of COURSE their FAMILIES are gonna accept them! Then again, a LOT DON'T...

Anyway, you can accompany NikJr. to Jamaica if he goes...lol.
sixxx 2:10 PM - 16 May, 2007
Think before you post. You're making an idiot of yourself. You're losing credibility by the second.
DJJOHNNYM 2:12 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Think before you post. You're making an idiot of yourself. You're losing credibility by the second.

Really? Show me where...
Nicky Blunt 2:12 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

maybee this is an across the pond thing?

But I dont follow you?

Dazed & confused in london! LOL
DJJOHNNYM 2:14 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

maybee this is an across the pond thing?

But I dont follow you?

Dazed & confused in london! LOL

It means "I agree with you", we are "HERE" (or synchronized) in opinion.
Nicky Blunt 2:17 PM - 16 May, 2007
ahhh I see!

As I said im not saying I agree!

I personally dont like it! It not my bag as Mr Powers would say! But Live & Let live. I mean Im sure I do things others dont like!
If they tell me I try to moderate it infront of them! All I ask is that I dont have to see it or hear about it!

What they do behind closed doors is their business! But just like diddy and mario I Dont wanna know!
sixxx 2:20 PM - 16 May, 2007
Wise words... "But Live & Let live."
DJ-A 2:27 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

This

Is

Really

Played

Out

Now!

FIX UP!

here is an honest question. why respect someone for their race? why not just respect them as a person. race is related to their skin color.

I have a black friend who is from London, doesnt have the same back ground or sound like any other black person from the states. should i respect him for his race? or should i respect him because he is my friend?

so many race issues dont make since to me
Nicky Blunt 2:37 PM - 16 May, 2007
i think i covered that earlier when i said i no longer (as in i used to) view people as a colour! I now view them as individuals and take each person as I find them!

I have found this is usually the best method! If you have found a better solution please be kind enough to enlighten the rest of us!
(No sarcasm)
nik39 2:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

Nicky, I know some of Beenie's lyrics, I know Smiff'n'Wessuns lyrics, I know Ice Cube's lyrics. They are anti-homosexual. That doesn't mean it is right. And I won't accept it at all.

DJJONNY enforces it, thinks its okay, but at the same time stands up against racism. Oh well, his comments are alreay border-racism. Hypocryite.

Quote:
And if you KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, they GENERALLY don't accept GAYNESS...[/b]
I know you mean it like this. You have just lost any credibility. Oh, wait, you lost nothing :-)
Nicky Blunt 3:09 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Nicky, I know some of Beenie's lyrics, I know Smiff'n'Wessuns lyrics, I know Ice Cube's lyrics. They are anti-homosexual. That doesn't mean it is right. And I won't accept it at all.

DJJONNY enforces it, thinks its okay, but at the same time stands up against racism. Oh well, his comments are alreay border-racism. Hypocryite.

Nik 39 if you re-read my posts you will find that as I said, Im not saying he is right!

Im all for equality y'know! Its all good as far as im concerned but I belive i said live & let live!
Its not for me but that dont mean i should condone someone who does like that kinda thing!

I dont wanna come off all preachy as im really not like that!

Im an understanding & I think tolerant guy!

I think you missread my posts! Dude I was even giving you the hook up on where to go for that action! LOL

Also I said google his lyrics! That dont mean that I agree with them!

However I have not said that I dont either! So I can see where you are coming from!

So let me put it this way!

IM NOT GAY MYSELF!!! I dont rub my sexuality in other peoples faces so please dont do that to me! Thats my position on gays & Lesbians! Otherwise I have no issue with it!

OK Its quitting time here! Gimmie 2 hours to get home and ill happily chat with you some more!

have a good one!
nik39 3:13 PM - 16 May, 2007
Learn TO QUOTE
DJJOHNNYM 3:37 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Wise words... "But Live & Let live."

I have...

Nikjr is STILL alive...
dj hoodat baller 3:38 PM - 16 May, 2007
I know we all have are faults and no one is perfect. The race topic is a very hard topic to discuss. But by no way should we be jerks and ignorant and verbally blast a race of people to get a stupid point across. Steve Dub should go ask those guys who drive that kind of car way they drive those cars. And i bet if he does he will not go up to them with the same attitude he displayed to us. We should not have that attitude here in this fourm this is about djing and there are other topics like sports and topics like julls going to iraq but those things are cool to talk about. If you want to talk about racist stuff go to a hate site and type away with others just like you
DJJOHNNYM 3:42 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

here is an honest question. why respect someone for their race? why not just respect them as a person. race is related to their skin color.

I have a black friend who is from London, doesnt have the same back ground or sound like any other black person from the states. should i respect him for his race? or should i respect him because he is my friend?

so many race issues dont make since to me

ULTIMATELY WE SHOULD respect others JUST BECAUSE they people. However, people tend to shit on other's regardless, and ignore the people factor.

I think people who are ASSHOLES should be TREATED LIKE ASSHOLES.

I also believe in an EYE FOR AN EYE.

Some of my beliefs are headstrong and wouldn't work universally in the end, but may work out for me.

The issue is that PEOPLE ARE DISRESPECTED BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE...and nothing else.

They wouldn't have had to have said a word to them. So, I think the FIRST STEPS are to recognize that other races exist, and to give them an equal level of respect...

Then we can move on to accepting people as a whole...

Then Nikjr's Gay movement may have a chance.
DJJOHNNYM 3:45 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Learn TO QUOTE

2. (Do) Not pass yourself off as a Serato or Rane employee

Why are you harassing him? Isn't it obvious that it was a possible mistake of him hitting the "Post" button? Oh, didn't YOU DO THAT YESTERDAY?

Did anyone come in YOUR post and tell you to DOUBLE CHECK your shit before you hit the post button?

YOu didn't even say please.
nik39 3:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
The issue is that PEOPLE ARE DISRESPECTED BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE...and nothing else.

You are not a single bit better, DJ JONNY

Because you are DISRESPECTING PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE HOMOSEXUAL.

Quote:
Quote:
Learn TO QUOTE

2. (Do) Not pass yourself off as a Serato or Rane employee

Why are you harassing him? Isn't it obvious that it was a possible mistake of him hitting the "Post" button? Oh, didn't YOU DO THAT YESTERDAY?

Did anyone come in YOUR post and tell you to DOUBLE CHECK your shit before you hit the post button?

YOu didn't even say please.

Seriously, do you have reading problems? First of all, it was towards your post. You can't quote. Learn TO QUOTE

Second, I never said I am a Serato or Rane employee. For you again JONNY:

I never said I am a Serato or Rane employee.

In contrast to you, I don't need to tell lies. Oh, and I don't have to say "please".
DJJOHNNYM 4:01 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
You are not a single bit better, DJ JOHNNY M

Because you are DISRESPECTING PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE HOMOSEXUAL.

No, you just post stupid shit...lol.

CTFU AT RACISM=HOMOPHOBIA

Quote:

Seriously, do you have reading problems? First of all, it was towards your post. You can't quote. Learn TO QUOTE

OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE THE READING PROBLEM....I was not the one who MISQUOTED...Look again young lady.

Quote:

Second, I never said I am a Serato or Rane employee. For you again DJJOHNNYM:

I never said I am a Serato or Rane employee.

But you constantly OVERSTEP YOUR BOUNDRIES and try and do their jobs....

Let them do what they're trained to do. You don't have that background.

Quote:
Oh, and I don't have to say "please".

You really need people skills.
nik39 4:25 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE THE READING PROBLEM....I was not the one who MISQUOTED...Look again young lady.

Lol, young lady?

However, indeed it was not you who quoted wrong. My apologies to Nicky. I meant to say "I think you have misplaced the *quote* tags".

Quote:
But you constantly OVERSTEP YOUR BOUNDRIES and try and do their jobs....

Lol, "I never said I am a Serato or Rane employee." What part don't you understand? OR.. ehm, lets try it with the shorter version for us.. What part do you understand?

Quote:
Let them do what they're trained to do. You don't have that background.

Yes sir, can you now go back to the kitchen and talk to yourself? Now we're all doing what we're good at.

Quote:
You really need people skills.

I will respect that "opinion" if it was from someone who knows what he is talking about. Funny to read such a comment from someone like you.
vidoona 4:36 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

Agreed. You've killed all credibility you ever had here.
DJJOHNNYM 4:38 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Lol, young lady?

However, indeed it was not you who quoted wrong. My apologies to Nicky. I meant to say "I think you have misplaced the *quote* tags".

That's better...

Quote:
Lol, "I never said I am a Serato or Rane employee." What part don't you understand? OR.. ehm, lets try it with the shorter version for us.. What part do you understand?

You didn't have to SAY IT.
It says...
"2. (Do) Not pass yourself off as a Serato or Rane employee.

Your ACTIONS try to PASS YOURSELF OFF as a Serato or Rane employee. Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
I will respect that "opinion" if it was from someone who knows what he is talking about. Funny to read such a comment from someone like you.

As you can see, I am a VERY PERSONABLE PERSON. In the midst of a FIREY TIRADE, I can still get my point across, and have it make a difference battling the "elements" of you, STEVE_DUB, KaGen, AKEIM, Sixxx, and whoever else doesn't see the light.
Dj KaGeN 4:38 PM - 16 May, 2007
I poop turds smarter than johnny. thing is johnny is one that keeps circling the bowl and refusing to get flushed.
DJJOHNNYM 4:39 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

**Checks your profile***

Oh, you're white...

No wonder...

Carry on.
DJJOHNNYM 4:40 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I poop turds smarter than johnny. thing is johnny is one that keeps circling the bowl and refusing to get flushed.

So are you saying that since I'm black, I represent a turd?
nik39 4:40 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I can still get my point across

Uhm, nope.
JONNY, isn't it funny, no one actually agrees to your "points" you're making? Are you still sure you are "scoring"?
DJJOHNNYM 4:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
I can still get my point across

Uhm, nope.
DJJOHNNYM, isn't it funny, no one actually agrees to your "points" you're making? Are you still sure you are "scoring"?

LMAO! Like somebody schooled you EARLIER... I don't care about POINTS! You respecting me means nothing...lol.

But I love those HOLLOW SCENARIOS you dream up with words like "NOBODY", when in fact a FEW people have changed their posting habits or look at things differtly now, as far as Racial Sensitivity is concerned...

The only soapbox circle that doesn't want to concede is you, KaGen, Steve_Dubm, AKEIM, and Sixxx....oh, and that new cat...

Ummm....Most of them are Racially Insensitive ANYWAY, so they don't count...LMAO.
nik39 4:55 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
But I love those HOLLOW SCENARIOS you dream up with words like "NOBODY", when in fact a FEW people have changed their posting habits or look at things differtly now, as far as Racial Sensitivity is concerned...

Right, that was because of you who thinks posting racial stuff is bad, but posting anti-homosexual stuff is fine. Hypocrite

Lol.
DJJOHNNYM 4:58 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Right, that was because of you who thinks posting racial stuff is bad, but posting anti-homosexual stuff is fine. Hypocrite

Lol.

So anybody that's AGAINST RACISM but doesn't condone HOMOSEXUALITY IS A HIPOCRITE?

LMAO.
DJJOHNNYM 4:58 PM - 16 May, 2007
THAT'S RETARDED! LMAO.

Oh, I'm going to work now...

Y'all bore me.
nik39 5:03 PM - 16 May, 2007
You stand up agains racism. Good. Why? Because looking down at others cause they are different (have a different origin/skin color) is wrong.

You think its fine to insult homosexuals. You dont like them. You put them down.

See the contradiction? No? I thought so.
DJJOHNNYM 5:13 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
You put them down.

I don't put them down, I just don't associate. Diffent "strokes" for different folks...

I'm out...

Get a REAL argument together, and I will address it...

Until then...

I have work to to.

PACE!
sixxx 5:44 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**Checks your profile***

Oh, you're white...

No wonder...

Carry on.

Another racist thing you've said. See? Once again. Think before you post. YOU ARE RACIST.
sixxx 5:45 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Lol.

Yup. Hypocrite. Lost credibility a while back.
nik39 6:08 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**Checks your profile***

Oh, you're white...

No wonder...

Carry on.

Another racist thing you've said. See? Once again. Think before you post. YOU ARE RACIST.

The tie is getting tighter, JONNY.
DJJOHNNYM 8:56 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**Checks your profile***

Oh, you're white...

No wonder...

Carry on.

The tie is getting tighter, DJJOHNNYM.

Oh really?

Didn't I present this challenge yesterday to my NAYSAYERS?

Make of list of those "Against Me" and list their RACE or COLOR, and I'll show you a trend...
DJJOHNNYM 8:58 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

Lol.

LMAO! So I've lost credibility with Racially Insensitive people...huh?

I think I'll take the "L".

LMAO!
DJJOHNNYM 8:59 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol.

LMAO! So I've lost credibility with Racially Insensitive people...huh?

I think I'll take the "L".

LMAO!

OMG!!! I DIDN'T QUOTE THAT ONE RIGHT!!!![/QUOTE]

***FIXES IT NOW*****
DJJOHNNYM 9:00 PM - 16 May, 2007
And yes, I left the additional [/QUOTE] in there on purpose...
sixxx 9:07 PM - 16 May, 2007
Now you've losted. You're quoting yourelf!!!! hahahaha
sixxx 9:08 PM - 16 May, 2007
I mean... lost it... :)
DJJOHNNYM 9:31 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Now you've losted. You're quoting yourelf!!!! hahahaha

Let's see, is LOSTED a word? How about "YourELF"?

Hmm....
DJJOHNNYM 9:32 PM - 16 May, 2007
And WHY wouldn't I QUOTE MYSELF? I've said many GREAT THINGS in the last 2 days...
DJ-A 9:34 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
And WHY wouldn't I QUOTE MYSELF? I've said many GREAT THINGS in the last 2 days...

You should stop writing here, and start writing a book. you could potentially make money that way...
DJJOHNNYM 9:37 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

You should stop writing here, and start writing a book. you could potentially make money that way...

Sometimes, it's not about the dollar. I get satisfaction from knowing I touched somebody's life somehow, here live and in person.
Dj KaGeN 9:40 PM - 16 May, 2007
1020 posts
1021 posts
1022 posts
1023 posts

could of had the book written by now...... wasted efforts.
DJ-A 9:42 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes, it's not about the dollar. I get satisfaction from knowing I touched somebody's life somehow, here live and in person.

i haven't read anything that made it appear you have touched anyone's life or made a difference. in my opinion, if i had never met a black person and i read what you have been working on over the past couple days, i'd be on my way to being racist.

I dont think many people agree with what you have been saying because you're leading a 1 person million man march.
Bigfourty4 9:42 PM - 16 May, 2007
once agian..another waste of bandwith
DJJOHNNYM 9:47 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
1020 posts
1021 posts
1022 posts
1023 posts

could of had the book written by now...... wasted efforts.

You checkin my stats tough guy?
Bigfourty4 9:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
how do you check stats
DJJOHNNYM 9:51 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i haven't read anything that made it appear you have touched anyone's life or made a difference. in my opinion, if i had never met a black person and i read what you have been working on over the past couple days, i'd be on my way to being racist.

I dont think many people agree with what you have been saying because you're leading a 1 person million man march.

That may be your OPINION, but there have been those who have changed (or will change) their posting habits, simply because of the subject matter.

You also have to realize, that Blacks are NOT a Majority on here...

It only takes 1 person to start a march, but it will take a NATION OF MILLIONS TO HOLD US BACK.
Bigfourty4 9:53 PM - 16 May, 2007
how do you check stats?
DJJOHNNYM 9:54 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
how do you check stats

Ask the DJ 3000 miles away talking that RAH-RAH.
Bigfourty4 9:57 PM - 16 May, 2007
how do you check stats?
DJ-A 10:16 PM - 16 May, 2007
Around here you are marching to the beat of your own drum.

i see nothing positive that has happened. Annoying people doesn't make them more aware about anything other than focusing negative attention on you
DJJOHNNYM 10:21 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Around here you are marching to the beat of your own drum.

i see nothing positive that has happened. Annoying people doesn't make them more aware about anything other than focusing negative attention on you

You are looking at this with tunnel vision. The MAJORITY of the posts have been against me, but that was funneled thru 6 posters. Most of which are Racially Insensitive or just don't like me..lol. Who cares?

I don't go for MAJORITY OPINION, I stand up for what I believe in, and I can USE A LOT OF WORDS.

Again, I challenge ANYBODY to create a list of those who are "AGAINST ME", and list their RACE or COLOR, and the stats would speak for themselves.

Those who are NOT in a Black person's position MIGHT not get it...

And that's OK...

They'll eventually learn.
Serato
James 10:46 PM - 16 May, 2007
Look everybody this is getting out of hand.

You all agreed to the terms and conditions which include the number 1 rule:

Be nice to others

Serato will not tolerate racism or homophobia on these message boards.
Dj KaGeN 10:46 PM - 16 May, 2007
learn to hate.
DJJOHNNYM 10:54 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
learn to hate.

Here goes the SLICK SHIT...
Dj KaGeN 10:58 PM - 16 May, 2007
anything annoying, it's purely reactionary to start to hate. 200+ posts of filibuster bullshit. You're a prime example. I'm done feeding this troll, I will now focus my efforts towards the greater good of the board. Have fun with nik39.
DJJOHNNYM 10:59 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
anything annoying, it's purely reactionary to start to hate. 200+ posts of filibuster bullshit. You're a prime example. I'm done feeding this troll, I will now focus my efforts towards the greater good of the board. Have fun with nik39.

Hell, I don't hate you. I feel a Mountains Worth of pity for you.

You haven't learned a thing.
Psyko Logical 10:59 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

no personal attacks mate, I juts find your beliefs - uhm! odd!

Quote:

Well what do you believe in? anarchy?

Quote:

Yes but that respect is a moral judgement you are making, so not teaching a kid to call a women a ho is a moral judgement on your behalf.

Let me change the question. If a child calls you're women "b*tch" or "ho" would you happily accept that the child was just expressing himself or would you chastise the child and explain why it wasn't the right thing to do? If you would do the latter then it's censorship.

Quote:
sluts getting fucked

How can you talk about respect women and then in the next sentence say that? Thats just bizarre.

Quote:
I wouldn't say it was "the way of the world", just explain what was going on. I don't have many (if any) hangups about sex-- I don't see it as wrong or as something to be ashamed of.

Well that's a completely different topic of discussion, this isn't about sexual hangups, consenting adults are free to do what they want, i whole heartedly agree with that, but not everyone in society can consent. Children cannot, so who makes the decision for them?

Quote:
It's a very LARGE part of life, and as such it's my responsibility to teach that. I would hate to pass that kind of guilt and shame to a child; she might end up being one of those sluts if I did.

Again you use the term "slut" after talking about respect, and can you honestly say letting a child watch hardcore pornography is a responsible way to teach them about sex?

Of course it's a very large part of life, thats exactly why a child should not have the view of a women as an object thrust upon them when their minds are a malliable sponge.

Quote:
Innocence = Ignorance.

Utter rubbish mate, the innocence of a child is not ignorance. People develop through learning and experience, but a civilised society has an obligation to make sure children are not exploited or abused, and that they are allowed to develop at their own rate. Not have it forced onto them - censorship protects that.

Quote:
To thrive in the world you need to understand the world. That includes violence, sex, drugs, religion, racism and all sorts of other ugly shit out there.

yes of course, no one is disputing that, what we are disputing is the fact that you would happily show a child pornography or extreme violence and then say it was morally fine to do so because it was "teaching them" how the world was.

Quote:

Quote:

It's not a question of taste, paedophiles have different taste to other people, would you happily let them just get on with it?

As for who decides who's experienced etc.. that's my point. YOU can't! That's why Society on a whole has taken a decision, introduced the age of consent. An 8 year old girl cannot consent to sex. The mentally handicapped cannot always reason n a manner that will protect them.

Children are not born with a sense of right or wrong, they develop that over their years through knowledge and experience, censorship controls the rate they develop at, and protects them from experiencing things that as a developing child their minds cannot adjust to - such as sex, violence etc... Children's minds are malleable and are vulnerable to suggestion you need to install the ability for a child to make decisions based on the basic concepts of right or wrong. Censorship aids in this process.

I'm not talking about taking everyone's right away what I'm saying is that you need to understand that society cannot just run wild. You cannot just have people doing what they feel like.

Quote:

No I have to disagree, you are hiding behind the concept of free speech to justify your actions. There are plenty of people within the Pornography industry etc.. who use free speech to protect their businesses AND back censorship.

What is important is how that censorship is controlled and the decisions behind it that are important not the fact that there is censorship.

This is getting to the point that it would take a whole book on my belief system to cover everything, so I'll try to make my final points and let it go after this.

If I had to choose a form of government that has already been defined, anarchy WOULD be the closest thing. My problem with it is that it becomes such a fertile ground for other forms of government that it negates itself. But like I said... a topic for another day.

Now... moral judgement is not censorship. It's my freedom to have my own opinions, and to pass those opinions on to my kids.
The difference is that I wouldn't limit the information and ideas that my child could be exposed to. I would simply try my best to guide her and help her understand all the information she was taking in. If my kid called a woman a bitch/ho, then I'd explain to him that that can be a hurtful thing to say and he should respect those around him. But I would never try to hide the fact that some people do say those things. See the difference? Morals pass judgement on facts, while censorship attempts to hide that these facts even exist. If you hide the facts, then the children aren't prepared to deal with these issues because they have never been exposed to them. This creates a lack of knowledge-- the very definition of ignorence.

I used the word slut because I was reffering to your example of coming home to find your 8 year old watching porn, not because I don't respect women. The sluts I mentioned were your hypothetical sluts.

Next point-- PARENTS MAKE THE DECISION FOR THE CHILDREN!! Not society. Do you think porn should be taken of the internet because some unsupervised kid might watch it? I truly hope not. By the way, what was your hypothetical 8 yr old doing home alone to even be able to watch that stuff? I realize that you can't always watch over your kid's shoulder to see what he/she is doing. This is why it's so important to educate them. So they can make informed decisions on their own.

Quote:
Children's minds are malleable and are vulnerable to suggestion you need to install the ability for a child to make decisions based on the basic concepts of right or wrong. Censorship aids in this process.

How can you instill a basic concept of right and wrong if you withhold some of the information? Censoring a thing doesn't make it go away. But what happens when that kid grows up a little and begins to encounter some of the things you hid from him? Not only is he not prepared to deal with it on his own, but now it's taken on even more power because it's a new and strange thing. It becomes taboo and that makes it very powerful.

As far as the paedophile goes, again, this is really a different argument. Regardless of how I feel about what he's doing, I would never ever try to hide the fact that he IS doing it.

I think maybe our argument boils down to the fact that you feel it's society's responsibility to decide morallity while I feel that that responsibillity lies with the individual. I think people SHOULD be able to "just run wild".

Having said all this, I'll leave you all to it. This is just taking up far too much of my time and I have work to do. But it's been fun.
DJJOHNNYM 11:04 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

You haven't learned a thing.

No, I take that back...

You HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING....

You're just too embarrassed to use it.
Serato
James 11:08 PM - 16 May, 2007
By the way everybody, Be nice to others was a warning.
Dj Shamann 12:33 AM - 17 May, 2007
Why does everyoen get hell bent if a topic has nothing to do with Djing and it's not their cup of tea but they have no problem posting in other OT topics that suit their needs just fine?

I'm not singling anyone out I'm saying the majority of this forum have no problem posting in other OT topics, why a problem with this one?

The man is saying "Ihis race stuff is not cool" not "Racists are awesome..who's with me?!"

If it's such a problem with everyone maybe now's the time to lobby for an OT forum.
dj disturbed 12:37 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*laughs*

well lets see here.. some of the most legendary clubs back in the disco era were..... drum roll please.... GAY BLACK CLUBS... house music came from.....drum roll please.... GAY BLACK CLUBS... The BLACK GAY community have almost always been Historicly stronger in the clubing community then the white gay community. A little research would have shown you this. Just b/c the guys in your little part of the world think like that does NOT mean that thats the way it all everywhere!
sixxx 1:05 AM - 17 May, 2007
Look DJJOHNNYM. Your point of view ISN'T THE RIGHT ONE 100% OF THE TIME. Stop being so ignorant already and stop trying to be right 100% of the time. And, btw, you may want to start talking more about DJ'ing in general since all you've done in the past 2 days is type garbage and not contribute to anything positive in this forum.
Psyko Logical 2:50 AM - 17 May, 2007
I love it.
vidoona 4:34 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**Checks your profile***

Oh, you're white...

No wonder...

Carry on.

Jesus man, you're a fucking racist bigot. Fuck, you're just straight up intollerant. I grew up in a home where I was taught to respect all people, regardless of race, sex, orientation, whatever. I don't have to agree with people 100% of the time, but I appreciate the diversity of the world. It makes me so sad that there are still people like you in this world.
DJDLO 415 6:12 AM - 17 May, 2007
dam put the lock on this bitch.......
eder 9:43 AM - 17 May, 2007
pass the popcorn please. in all colors- red, black, yellow, white, brown, and purple. munch munch munch.
dj hoodat baller 10:38 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
By the way everybody, Be nice to others was a warning.
When i warned a certain moderater. That this was going to get out of hand for three days no moderaters got on steve dubs theard about why black guys drive monte carlo's. You should have went to that theard and told every body to be nice to others like i tried to do. I was not till i start talking about serato has a moral obligation and could be held responsible and could be hit with financial repercussions. And who wants a product from a company that condones racism. Thats when you at serato would listen.When you see someone start a race issue you should stop it right away because this is what happens it starts with blacks it move to asians and then pureto ricans then arabs to gays. Serato this what happens when you turn a blind eye to racism. Now you want to say be nice to others you should have started that at steve dub's theard./; And you would not have this problem. and it only going to get worse before it gets better
Nicky Blunt 10:43 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
It only going to get worse before it gets better

This thread just goes in circles!

James they are not listening so i think the best advice is

Quote:
Nicky Blunt 10:56 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
It only going to get worse before it gets better

This thread just goes in circles!

James they are not listening so i think the best advice is

Quote:
George Tunee 1:51 PM - 19 May, 2007
johnny what if someone is black,a homosexual and ghetto lookin? would you stand up for him,if someone asks why he's driving a monte carlo?
sixxx 1:57 PM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
johnny what if someone is black,a homosexual and ghetto lookin? would you stand up for him,if someone asks why he's driving a monte carlo?

You know. That's an intelligent question right there. I would love to see johnny's answer to it.
dj hoodat baller 2:00 PM - 19 May, 2007
Yea how would you answer that johnny. I like you johnny you are my jesse jackson
DJJOHNNYM 11:35 PM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

You know. That's an intelligent question right there. I would love to see johnny's answer to it.

I beg to differ.
sixxx 5:09 AM - 20 May, 2007
I see. So you chose not to answer it. hahahaha. Nice.
Dj Maxim S 5:39 AM - 20 May, 2007
yeh some of them out here on the forums, they all want to pick on the poor maxim s because he was talking how bad his gig went on one of the weekend and what was the reason behind it, on top of that some of them out here who i do not want to mention, wants to turn every thread into a racial one.

they shouldnt be doing that.
DJJOHNNYM 9:29 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

I see you guys are still making RACIALLY INSENSITIVE POSTS...huh?
George Tunee 1:35 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
sixxx 7:52 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I see you guys are still making RACIALLY INSENSITIVE POSTS...huh?

It's OK DJJOHNNYM. I know you might get banned. You can e-mail me your response if you want. I would seriously like to know the answer to the question ASKED BY SOMEONE ELSE.
djkris1 4:02 AM - 25 May, 2007
why does Hawaii have INTERSTATE highways?
AKIEM 4:12 AM - 25 May, 2007
Quote:

its the new word order
dj hoodat baller 4:26 AM - 25 May, 2007
Quote:
Is it a trick question. What does it all mean
DJ-A 4:52 AM - 25 May, 2007
Quote:

havent you eve driven to hawaii?
DJ-A 4:53 AM - 25 May, 2007
seriously... look at a map, its no further from california than the keys are off the coast of florida
DJ Jinnai 8:32 AM - 25 May, 2007
ah race jokes...

let it stay in the old skool, keep it back in the day... and let it DIE!!
djkris1 9:12 AM - 4 June, 2009
Quote:
Hey man it's cool, we all have black friends.

not me, but i have neighbors that know some black dudes.

is that ok?
djkris1 9:14 AM - 4 June, 2009
Quote:
ah race jokes...

let it stay in the old skool, keep it back in the day... and let it DIE!!

old skool will never die
J0be 9:40 AM - 4 June, 2009
old threads will never die
nik39 9:46 AM - 4 June, 2009
Some threads show some interesting traits about certain people. Thanks for refreshing the memories ;)
djkris1 10:30 AM - 4 June, 2009
keepin the dream alive
nik39 11:08 AM - 4 June, 2009
Quote:
keepin the drama alive

yeah, looks like ;)
djskiggz 9:09 PM - 4 June, 2009
it sux that grand t is not here anymore
d:raf 9:21 PM - 4 June, 2009
lol @ 'black people's downloading habits'.
AKIEM 11:17 PM - 4 June, 2009
lols
sacrilicious 6:30 AM - 6 June, 2009
d:raf, nice video link.
DJ Nightmare 7:52 AM - 6 June, 2009
Quote:
Well yeah... but I wasn't referring to the imus thread. I was talking about all the other garbage that's posted on here.

Like this? serato.com
DJ Emir 8:16 AM - 6 June, 2009
Here's the deal...
Until we look at what makes us the same more than what makes us different we will never fully get rid of discrimination and racism.

That was what I liked the most about the movie "Independence Day" as soon as we were faced with an enemy so different from ourselves the entire earth realized we are all human and we all were able to overcome our differences and come together as one people to defeat the aliens. OK so technically we became "specist" (well not really since they threw the first punch" LOL but the speach at the end of the movie was a great one.

- DJ emir
www.djemir.com