DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Whats up with the ssl forums and racially insensitive comments?

allenbina 12:39 AM - 15 May, 2007
big ups to steve dub for starting a trend.
ontime1269 2:08 AM - 15 May, 2007
I would say ignorance. I don't mean the word ignorance in a bad way. There are a lot of people that have never lived life as being a minority. They have no idea about the treatment that you get as being a minority.
DJ Michael Basic 2:13 AM - 15 May, 2007
Whats up with all these black people and their dark skin? That's crazy! I heard white people have dark skin too if they are out in the sun but sometimes it's red. I'm not sure why people think asian people are yellow...I've seen it, they aren't!
The E Head 1:32 PM - 15 May, 2007
^^maybe not yellow but i still think asain women are the most beautiful in the world!
Monk-A 1:36 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
I would say ignorance. I don't mean the word ignorance in a bad way. There are a lot of people that have never lived life as being a minority. They have no idea about the treatment that you get as being a minority.

so that makes it ok to make jokes about white girls and other minorities?

Racist comments are racist commenst no matter what creed or colour spout them.
Monk-A 1:42 PM - 15 May, 2007
to be honest though i think there is a hell of a lot of ignorant comments made on this forum..

People referring to women as bitches and ho's and generally making dumb ass ignorant comments galore. :(
Nicky Blunt 2:03 PM - 15 May, 2007
monk-a i agree that calling a woman a hoe for no reason is wrong!

but......... much like a shaq is crap at free throws & people call him on it! If a woman behaves like a hoe then why not call her on that!

I also hasten to add that I have plenty of male friends that I refer to as Male hoes to as they are just as bad if not worse.

All I gotta say is it may be harsh but its certainly fair!
De LA 2:18 PM - 15 May, 2007
people are trying to be funny and its just really annoying...Im glad the mods started locking all those threads
dj_soo 6:38 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
to be honest though i think there is a hell of a lot of ignorant comments made on this forum..

People referring to women as bitches and ho's and generally making dumb ass ignorant comments galore. :(

agreed - the amount of disrespect i've seen on this board to women is amazing... Yea, the racisim was dumb but all the satire threads popped up in response to the abject stupidity of the original racial-profiling thread.

No one's calling out the obvious misogynists in some of the posts here...
DJJOHNNYM 6:51 PM - 15 May, 2007
Something needs to be done!
Dj KaGeN 7:35 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

I get my best material from hip hop music. Keep spinning it - I learn lots.
djtekno 7:38 PM - 15 May, 2007
It's just that time of the month. =]
dj skraps 7:52 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:

yeah let super johnny handle it!

"super johnny at your service, here to protect and serve"
DJJOHNNYM 7:59 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

U ain't know? But y'all gotta wait until I get my cape outta the cleaners...
sixxx 12:19 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

lol @ super johnny... with a cape.
matt212 12:57 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

agreed - the amount of disrespect i've seen on this board to women is amazing... Yea, the racisim was dumb but all the satire threads popped up in response to the abject stupidity of the original racial-profiling thread.

No one's calling out the obvious misogynists in some of the posts here...

I got to tell you the truth... I had to go to wikipedia 2 almost 3 times for the meaning of some of the words you are using in this post.
allenbina 3:36 AM - 16 May, 2007
this shit is totally uncalled for. people are acting like the 4th grade teacher walked out for a second and everyone can just say stupid shit.
dj hoodat baller 4:04 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
this shit is totally uncalled for. people are acting like the 4th grade teacher walked out for a second and everyone can just say stupid shit.
We all know better and we should all act like we know better
Steve_Dub 5:40 AM - 16 May, 2007
I think I saw JohnnyM on the carlos mencia show right now, anyone else see the black man with dreadlocks?
sixxx 5:40 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I think I saw JohnnyM on the carlos mencia show right now, anyone else see the black man with dreadlocks?

Hahahaha!
Steve_Dub 5:51 AM - 16 May, 2007
Sorry but that whole skit made me think of this board, basically in the end mencia said if you live in america, there are soldiers out there dying for us to be able to say what the fuck we want so say what you feel so the soldiers wont die in vein.

BTW I think Mencia is weak for stealing all the jokes that he does. Some of that show is funny though regardless.
nik39 10:12 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

so that makes it ok to make jokes about white girls and other minorities?

Racist comments are racist commenst no matter what creed or colour spout them.

Word. Same goes for comments like "thats gay/fag" whatever. Wack.

Don't poke on minorities.
The E Head 11:32 AM - 16 May, 2007
^^^I agree about the racist part

But the gay part, we will just have to agree to disagree on that! That shit aint right!
The E Head 11:38 AM - 16 May, 2007

But the gay part, we will just have to agree to disagree on that! That shit aint right!
Nicky Blunt 11:39 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

+1
nik39 11:46 AM - 16 May, 2007
That shit aint right... you mean its okay to say "thats gay/fag" for something which you dont like, which equally means gay/fag is something you dont like?
DJJOHNNYM 11:57 AM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

You can jokey joke all day, but the joke's still on you. By the end of it all, you'll know better.
DJJOHNNYM 12:00 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+2

And YES, I know that GAYS are a "Minority", and are discriminated against...

But, some stuff just ain't......right.

Ok, fine, I'll accept a BISEXUAL CHICK OR 2, but dudes?....

Nah bro.
The E Head 2:15 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
That shit aint right... you mean its okay to say "thats gay/fag" for something which you dont like, which equally means gay/fag is something you dont like?

I can honestly say i am not racist, my circle of friends would prove that.

However maybe i am a bit to narrow minded when it comes to gays, where i stay and the way i was raised as a child might be the cause of it! I am not the only memeber of my family that has these views.

Gays repulse me, there is absolutly no need what so every for that! It was illegal before so that tells you even although it is legal now it aint right!

In the bible it refers to adam & eve not adam & steve

Rip me all you want that is just the way i am
sixxx 2:19 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
It was illegal before so that tells you even although it is legal now it aint right!

Hahaha. Now that's funny. Dude. That right there is very ignorant. I'm not even going to go any further with that one. I'm not rippin' you a new one btw (no homo).
nik39 3:06 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
It was illegal before so that tells you even although it is legal now it aint right!

Hahaha. Now that's funny. Dude. That right there is very ignorant.

Exactly. How the hell can anyone stand up against racism, be against homosexual and expect to be taken serious? It's all good if you don't want to be involved in homosexual actions, that's okay, but c'mon, don't take your education as an excuse to not tolerate homosexuals. You're grown up, make up your own mind.
De LA 3:09 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I can honestly say i am not racist, my circle of friends would prove that.

However maybe i am a bit to narrow minded when it comes to gays, where i stay and the way i was raised as a child might be the cause of it! I am not the only memeber of my family that has these views.

Gays repulse me, there is absolutly no need what so every for that! It was illegal before so that tells you even although it is legal now it aint right!

In the bible it refers to adam & eve not adam & steve

Rip me all you want that is just the way i am

Christ...This is turning into a bad dinner party with the wrong people. things you dont talk about to people you dont personally know:

1.Politics
2.Religon.
3.Money
4.Race Issues

We all have different views on all of them.
The E Head 3:25 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha. Now that's funny. Dude. That right there is very ignorant.

Exactly. How the hell can anyone stand up against racism, be against homosexual and expect to be taken serious? It's all good if you don't want to be involved in homosexual actions, that's okay, but c'mon, don't take your education as an excuse to not tolerate homosexuals. You're grown up, make up your own mind.

just a couple of points

1. Really do you think i will care if you take me serious or not? Fuck i don't even know you, remember this is nothing more than a mere forum (granted its a good forum but still)

2. I am not blaming my eductaion, i just stated it might be where i stay and how i was raised. My older brother is homophobic and where i stay is only a small town, there is very little gays!

3. I have made my own mind up, GAYS REPULSE ME

That being said i would not confront gays with my view, each to his own!

What you also have to remember i am from a different country than you, maybe gays are tolerated alot more there. In Scotland unless you are in 1 of the major cities the majority of people will have the same views about gays!

At the end of the day i am the way i am, i accept it might be narrow minded but heres the thing there is nothing you or anyone else on this forum could say to me to change my views on this matter. Fuck it dont matter on this forum or not, no one will change my views on this subject

Looks like we will just have to agree to disagree:)
nik39 3:30 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
1. Really do you think i will care if you take me serious or not? Fuck i don't even know you, remember this is nothing more than a mere forum (granted its a good forum but still)

If you don't want to be taken serious by anyone... what's the point in posting here? Isn't it meaningless?

Quote:
What you also have to remember i am from a different country than you

I live in Germany, does it make such a difference? I am not even from Germany, I guess my parents are against homosexuals as well, same would go for the majority of my family.

Quote:
no one will change my views on this subject

I didn't expect that I could change your POV ;) However, at least you agree that you have a narrow minded view, which is already a good start. :) I agree that we disagree on the other stuff.
DJJOHNNYM 3:32 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

Exactly. How the hell can anyone stand up against racism, be against homosexual and expect to be taken serious?

LMAO! So what you're saying is that anybody AGAINST RACISM has to SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALS....

DDDDDDAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
DJJOHNNYM 3:33 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha. Now that's funny. Dude. That right there is very ignorant. I'm not even going to go any further with that one. I'm not rippin' you a new one btw (no homo).

I'm sure he means MORALLY ILLEGAL...

And it is.
DJJOHNNYM 3:34 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

If you don't want to be taken serious by anyone... what's the point in posting here? Isn't it meaningless?

So you're saying, IF WE DON'T TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY, your posting is MEANINGLESS....Right Nik?
nik39 3:41 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

So you're saying, IF WE DON'T TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY, your posting is MEANINGLESS....Right Nik?

Doh, please tell me you really understood it, but just ask to... well to say something. I know you might just post for the sake of posting, but I never thought you're posting, so that other people don't take you serious or understand you. You could also sit in your kitchen and talk to yourself. No need to post if you don't want people to take you serious.

Quote:
LMAO! So what you're saying is that anybody AGAINST RACISM has to SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALS....

Simple concept... If you want to be take serious, and you are against racism (remember thats being against 'others', 'different' people, maybe 'minorities') and on the same time you have hatress against homosexuals... why the hell should anyone take you serious??
The E Head 3:42 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And it is.

Yes it is morally illegal but previously it was also a criminal offence in the UK don't know about USA tho:)
The E Head 3:43 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
How the hell can anyone stand up against racism, be against homosexual and expect to be taken serious?

Almost missed that!!

Well just so you know, IMO you all (i am not single you out) are way to sensitive about this subject!

Out of the people i would class as good friends theres is Indian, Greek Cypriot, Nigerian and Maltese.

Although my real name is chris to them i am known as white boy, they in turn are taliban/suicide bomber, greek boy, black boy and the maltesse falcon.

Do i take offence when called white boy, no why should i

I AM PROUD TO BE WHITE, same as you all should be proud of your roots.

All this bitching about racisum is a joke, i.e. someone said ghetto and black in the same sentence casued how much bitching! My response to that

FUCKING GROW UP STOP WHINING LIKE A LITTLE KID

Thats all for me on gays and racisumm, i will not post in another of these topics!

Anyway as slim shady said

Look i cant change the way i am but if i offend you good cause i still don't give a fuck:P
DJJOHNNYM 3:48 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

Doh, please tell me you really understood it, but just ask to... well to say something. I know you might just post for the sake of posting, but I never thought you're posting, so that other people don't take you serious or understand you. You could also sit in your kitchen and talk to yourself. No need to post if you don't want people to take you serious.

OK, so SINCE I DON'T TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY....

You shouldn't post. End of story.

Quote:
Simple concept... If you want to be take serious, and you are against racism (remember thats being against 'others', 'different' people, maybe 'minorities') and on the same time you have hatress against homosexuals... why the hell should anyone take you serious??

You really post stupid shit sometimes.

Racism has NOTHING to do with HOMOPHOBIA.
DJJOHNNYM 3:49 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And it is.

Yes it is morally illegal but previously it was also a criminal offence in the UK don't know about USA tho:)

WOW! A criminal offense? Didn't know that...
DJJOHNNYM 3:52 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
All this bitching about racisum is a joke, i.e. someone said ghetto and black in the same sentence casued how much bitching! My response to that

FUCKING GROW UP STOP WHINING LIKE A LITTLE KID

I'm trying to understand you before I comment...

Are you saying those "BITCHING ABOUT RACISM" need to "FUCKING GROW UP AND STOP WHINING LIKE A LITTLE KID?"
nik39 3:55 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

OK, so SINCE I DON'T TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY....

You shouldn't post. End of story.

Poor man, you still don't understand.

Quote:
Quote:

You really post stupid shit sometimes.

It has the same concept, poor man. Go, grab a dictionary and check for the word "concept", or just check wikipedia.
sixxx 3:57 PM - 16 May, 2007
I am not blaming my eductaion <--- Maybe you should. hahahaha
dj hoodat baller 4:00 PM - 16 May, 2007
No E it is not a joke that is the cover up the racist hide behind that and freedom of speach. When people speak out about racism all of a sudden they have a thin skin or they are to sensitive. Thats like in the 60's jim crow laws be glad your on the bus just shut up and sit in the back of the bus and if i want your seat get your ass up that is the attitude that we have to stop. Like Rosa Parks i am not giving up i am going to stand up for my people and any other race that i fill are not being treated right by racist people.
The E Head 4:00 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I am not blaming my eductaion <--- Maybe you should. hahahaha

I expected better from you sixxx, i'll give that 2/10!

Your getting sloppy, i have saw your otehr replies before and that was not your best:)
sixxx 4:02 PM - 16 May, 2007
The E Head. I just pointed the obvious. It makes me laugh when someone talks about education or grammar and messes up the word.

Just pickin' on you. :)
The E Head 4:08 PM - 16 May, 2007
I know that sixxx, i was just a little sad i have saw the other replies and this being thwe first time you have singled me out i was kinda hoping it would be on a par with your usual.

Its all good:)
sixxx 4:09 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
I know that sixxx, i was just a little sad i have saw the other replies and this being thwe first time you have singled me out i was kinda hoping it would be on a par with your usual.

Its all good:)

Why can't more members be like you. :) I'm glad you didn't get all pissed or anything over something so silly.

As you were.
CMOS 7:00 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

They both fall under the discrimination umbrella dude. If you say Dub was outta line, then here im sayin you are outta line.

Dont make me "educate you" as you would say.
DJJOHNNYM 8:31 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

Poor man, you still don't understand.

No, I understand you perfectly. You are unnaturally flawed, and that is your right. So, knowing that you are internally flawed, I have no choice but to dismiss any meaningless banter that you may spew. Once you fix YOURSELF up, I may take you seriously...but until then....

Carry on!

Quote:
It has the same concept, poor man. Go, grab a dictionary and check for the word "concept", or just check wikipedia.

That has to be the WEAKEST ARGUMENT FOR GAY RIGHTS I've ever heard...I surely hope you're not their spokes(person?), because it's not working homey.

That's like saying...

Hey, I'm a KLANSMAN, and you're discriminating against me because of my beliefs!

But your beliefs are morally wrong dude.
DJJOHNNYM 8:41 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

They both fall under the discrimination umbrella dude. If you say Dub was outta line, then here im sayin you are outta line.

Dont make me "educate you" as you would say.

Another one with a lightbulb going off...

You don't remember what I said I would do when I encounter those Racially Insensitive Remarks?

I told y'all before, I'll put you to TASK by uncovering it, and then might actually FLIP IT ON YOU, thus the argument of "YOU SHOULDN'T FIGHT IGNORANCE WITH IGNORANCE"...

Yeah, whatever...LOL.

Y'all need better organization...or should just pay better attention.
nik39 1:30 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
You are unnaturally flawed, and that is your right.

So you think I am gay and that makes me "flawed"?
DJMark 1:43 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:

Uhh, no. Being "proud" of some innate attribute you were born with (and had nothing to do with) makes no sense whatsoever.

Take pride in your accomplishments, not in stuff that was handed to you.
nik39 1:52 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Uhh, no. Being "proud" of some innate attribute you were born with (and had nothing to do with) makes no sense whatsoever.

Thank you Mark. I thought I was the only one thinking that here.
sixxx 3:35 AM - 17 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I also agree with this 100%.
DJ Slade 9:28 PM - 18 May, 2007
A little history lesson here:

Once, there was a group of settlers that fled their homeland because they were persecuted over the beliefs they held. They founded the United States of America. They agreed that anyone should be allowed to believe in whatever religion they chose.
Later, a new group of people were persecuted because of the color of their skin. On top of that, they were enslaved because they were different. Eventually, people realized the error of this, spoke up, and were later set free. (Unfortunately it took a war to achieve this).

After that, women were discriminated against, had virtually no rights, and were considered inferior simply because they were of a different gender. Again, we realized that was wrong, and they were given equal rights to men.

Finally, more countries embraced these ideals.

Now we have another group of people to discriminate against simply because they have romantic/physical relationships with members of their own gender. Even now, they struggle to be able to share the same benefits as married heterosexual couples.

Through most of these cases, religion and the bible have been used to justify hate crimes. It's amusing when you think about it. Something that is supposed to teach peace, love, and understanding has been twisted, warped, and utterly f*cked up by certain people to allow and justify hate, rape, and murder.

How many more groups of people do we need to go through to realize that we're all one human family with its infinite diversity?

Just a little food for thought.
sixxx 9:31 PM - 18 May, 2007
and to add to this history lesson...

Then the internet got created and all went to hell. :P
DJ Slade 9:39 PM - 18 May, 2007
You know, I think that was one of my longest posts on this forum :D And sixxx, yeah I agree with ya. Damn this internet thing! :D
dj cubicle 10:35 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:

Once, there was a group of settlers that fled their homeland because they were persecuted over the beliefs they held.

...so they got in a boat and took over someone else's land.
nik39 12:02 AM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Once, there was a group of settlers that fled their homeland because they were persecuted over the beliefs they held.

My thoughts exactly.
DJ Slade 12:27 AM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My thoughts exactly.

True, but you're missing the point.
vidoona 12:30 AM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:

Christ...This is turning into a bad dinner party with the wrong people. things you dont talk about to people you dont personally know:

1.Politics
2.Religon.
3.Money
4.Race Issues

We all have different views on all of them.

For sure, I totally agree with this one. Sometimes, regardless of how you feel, it's best to agree to disagree because you ain't gonna change each other's minds.
nik39 12:33 AM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My thoughts exactly.

I know what you were trying to say - but it could have been written a little more sensitive, if you know what I mean ;)
sixxx 1:48 AM - 19 May, 2007
lol @ nik39. Flipper. :)
dj cubicle 7:37 AM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My thoughts exactly.

Nah, I was just fucking with ya. :)
AKIEM 9:08 PM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:

Once, there was a group of settlers that fled their homeland because they were persecuted over the beliefs they held. They founded the United States of America.

Actually their settlements became colonies 'owned' by European royalty. The several colonies banded together to form a 'federation', a concept that they learned from nations of the Native peoples who already formed federations, and already occupied the land. The colonists overthrew the European rulers, what is called The Revolutionary War, and instituted The United States of America. Which inspired the European Union. And the US will become/is now part of what is called the North American Union, whos market will be/is being merged with the EU as part of the build up to a Global Government.

Quote:

Later, a new group of people were persecuted because of the color of their skin. On top of that, they were enslaved because they were different. Eventually, people realized the error of this, spoke up, and were later set free. (Unfortunately it took a war to achieve this).

Actually it was NOT because of the color of skin, rather the color of skin became part of a system to categorise people into classes, and often used as an excuse to enslave peoples. The 'white slaves' where able to blend themselves in with the non-slave population. And the Natives who where enslaved easily escaped because it was their own land. Importing people from Africa became the best(worst) solution because they were separated from their land and nations, and could not blend into the rest of the population.

Actually Black people freed themselves through a very long persistent struggle of uprisings, rebellions and political movements and negotiations. The Civil War was not originally about slavery, rather 'states rights' and the 'preservation of Union'. If Lincoln could have, he would have preserved the Union without freeing any slaves at all. In fact the emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in several Rebel States, but NOT the Union States where slavery was still legal.

Quote:

After that, women were discriminated against, had virtually no rights, and were considered inferior simply because they were of a different gender. Again, we realized that was wrong, and they were given equal rights to men.

Same with women, they werent given anything, it was a long hard struggle that took place.

Quote:

Now we have another group of people to discriminate against simply because they have romantic/physical relationships with members of their own gender. Even now, they struggle to be able to share the same benefits as married heterosexual couples.

It is quite easy to draw parallels between these various groups of people who have had to fight for freedoms more easily attained by others, especially from the pov of the traditional oppressor. But to assume that there should be a solidarity, or to equate the struggles, can be quite an over simplification and in general insulting. For example inferring that Black people should be able to empathise with gay people just because they have both been oppressed is [I dont know what to say here] Gay people were not kidnapped from their original country, and forced into a genocidal system of perpetual and hereditary servitude for 400 years. its simply not the same thing, there are related elements, but to equate them is a disservice to EACH.

Quote:

Through most of these cases, religion and the bible have been used to justify hate crimes. It's amusing when you think about it. Something that is supposed to teach peace, love, and understanding has been twisted, warped, and utterly f*cked up by certain people to allow and justify hate, rape, and murder.

if Im not mistaken the Bible [depending where you read] does condone those things. It does instruct you in the treatement of slaves, and beating of wives, same with the Koran, and other religions too.

Quote:

How many more groups of people do we need to go through to realize that we're all one human family with its infinite diversity?

Fallow the money.
dj disturbed 9:29 PM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:

BUt where did they get the slaves from... Well origianly the slaves were slaves from there own country that were traded... in africa.. when a tribe concured another tribe they too the loosing tribe as slaves... and this went on way b4 the american slaves...and had nothing to do with skin color... (look at Roman people and greek people.. and all cultures in history). I'm not saying slavery is right.... but the american colonist were not the first people to do it or invent it. Slavery is still done in some places.. we just dont here about it (rain forest tribes and remote locations were it is still a way things are done). Is it write or wrong.. that depends of your culture (look at previous sentance) but in western society it is very wrong no matter what color you are. Thats why it is no longer practiced.

Racism is not just a white on back thing either... racism happends both ways and in other ways too (between many diff cultures.. just look in the middle east.. there are diff tribes in the middle east that cant stand the sight of eachother... that is racism to). Me personaly.. I have as many black friends as I do white friends... any they will all tell you im not racist..... but I'm typest... there ace certain types of people... that b/c of the way they act or pesent themselves i cant stand.... but that has nothing todo with there skin color and more has to do with the way they act and the way they present themselves. If you treat other people disrespectfully.. Then im going to treat you disrespectfully. What color you are had nothing todo with that. and to quote a comedian- "Thats just my opinion.. I could be wrong"
AKIEM 10:34 PM - 19 May, 2007
Quote:

BUt where did they get the slaves from... Well origianly the slaves were slaves from there own country that were traded... in africa.. when a tribe concured another tribe they too the loosing tribe as slaves...

This is true, in some places, at some times. But there where a lot of different ways it went down over the several hundred of years. Mostly that era was suffering from sort of an apocalyptic mad max type post empire type situations. Some people taken were 'pows', some criminal, some 'slaves', and some just kidnapped, lots of other situations, and everything in between.

Quote:

and this went on way b4 the american slaves...and had nothing to do with skin color... (look at Roman people and greek people.. and all cultures in history). I'm not saying slavery is right.... but the american colonist were not the first people to do it or invent it. Slavery is still done in some places.. we just dont here about it (rain forest tribes and remote locations were it is still a way things are done). Is it write or wrong.. that depends of your culture (look at previous sentance) but in western society it is very wrong no matter what color you are. Thats why it is no longer practiced.

There were times when Arabs 'owned' Europeans, and Africans alike, there where times, when Africans 'owned' Arabs and Europeans alike. and everything in between. But what was new [generally speaking] about American slavery in particular is three things. 1) it became perpetual for the individual (life long) and hereditary(passed to the next generation), to the point of extremity where a slave owner might enslave and sale his own offspring, say the mother where a 'slave'. And in contrast you can even check bible stories where a 'slave' became the head of a household or even the ruler of a nation. 2) this create an institutional racism never before seen. in contrast for example, Africans did become Roman citizens, never having been in bondage and kept slaves themselves. 3) slavery in America was in many cases the absolute foundation of the economy. So slavery in America was something very different then what had happened earlier in so called civilization. And just to throw this in, if the oil runs out, and there is no alternate source of energy there will likely be a return to a slavery, or how else would the rich stay rich?
nik39 3:25 AM - 20 May, 2007
Just to clarify, I don't think I've ever said it, but obviously supressing black people vs homosexuals is not the same, I agree. I just meant both is based on the same concept - discriminating. I also didn't mean to say, as someone who is black you should symphatize with homosexuals, I just meant that you should not be surprised if you are not taken serious by others if you fight against racism against black people but you enforce discrimination of homosexuals.
Serato, Support
Matt G 5:14 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

DJJOHHNYM, being gay is not a belief, it is a biological fact. It is not something someone gets a choice in, so it is not a moral issue, just the same as being black or white or male or female. What you are expressing is bigotry and intolerance, just the same as racism is bigotry and intolerance.

What we've seen on this site over the past week (unfortunately, while I was away and not able to moderate) has been gross displays of bigotry and intolerance of biological characteristics. It is just as unacceptable on this site to express intolerance of gays as it is of blacks as it is of women, because there are gay people here and there are black people here and there are women here, and the rules state that you must be nice to others on this site.

To make this absolutely clear: I have in the past banned people for racist outbursts, and I will also ban people for homophobic outbursts if I see them continue.
Dj Maxim S 5:52 AM - 20 May, 2007
nik39 is probably trying to be all nice and stuff.i can't wait to see nik gettin banned.i would pop a champagne that day.
DJMark 6:33 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
nik39 is probably trying to be all nice and stuff.i can't wait to see nik gettin banned.i would pop a champagne that day.

Nik39 has been one of this forum's MVP's since just about the beginning. He may come across as harsh sometimes, but I've rarely seen that happen without ample reason for it. Insofar as the primary reasons for the existence of this forum is technical support, his absence would be everyone's loss.

Related to that: this isn't a grade-school playground. Just because you don't happen to relate to someone else's "style" is no reason to be attacking them.
sixxx 7:16 AM - 20 May, 2007
My "style" just made me a new "fan". allstarchris.

He loves me. He really really loves me. lol
DJJOHNNYM 9:16 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

DJJOHHNYM, being gay is not a belief, it is a biological fact. It is not something someone gets a choice in, so it is not a moral issue, just the same as being black or white or male or female. What you are expressing is bigotry and intolerance, just the same as racism is bigotry and intolerance.

What we've seen on this site over the past week (unfortunately, while I was away and not able to moderate) has been gross displays of bigotry and intolerance of biological characteristics. It is just as unacceptable on this site to express intolerance of gays as it is of blacks as it is of women, because there are gay people here and there are black people here and there are women here, and the rules state that you must be nice to others on this site.

To make this absolutely clear: I have in the past banned people for racist outbursts, and I will also ban people for homophobic outbursts if I see them continue.

Hey, I told him before to stay in his lane, and everything would be kosher. I'd rather know if a Klan member was right in my face so I know what to expect. My beliefs are my beliefs, nothing is going to change that. There are people out there who "decide" to be "alternative", and then change back, when the fad is over, or they tire of it. To me, that's a CHOICE they make, but that's my opinion. If he calls my opinions or arguments stupid or retarded, he'll catch it. It's not that hard for him to skip over my posts. I thought he and I had an agreement not to particpate in each others threads, that way, the situation won't escalate. So I suppose we won't be seeing any more IGNORANT Black=Ghetto People driving Monte' Carlo threads then. That's all I was trying to accomplish.
DJJOHNNYM 9:19 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Just to clarify, I don't think I've ever said it, but obviously supressing black people vs homosexuals is not the same, I agree. I just meant both is based on the same concept - discriminating. I also didn't mean to say, as someone who is black you should symphatize with homosexuals, I just meant that you should not be surprised if you are not taken serious by others if you fight against racism against black people but you enforce discrimination of homosexuals.

No, you explicitly said that if I don't support racism, I am a HIPOCRITE if I don't support GAYS. That's that bullshit. But this is my last post to you. Again.
Serato, Support
Matt G 9:44 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
If he calls my opinions or arguments stupid or retarded, he'll catch it.

Your opinions have been ignorant and offensive, and your repeated responses to other perceived offences have created chaos on this site recently. You have served as an example of ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry while professing to be fighting against ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry. You have easily caused enough trouble, and as such I will not give you another chance to cause more trouble with your offensive opinions. If you are incapable of keeping them to yourself, then I will ban you.

These are my final words on this matter. I strongly suggest you to leave your last comment as your own last words and to not respond again.
Monk-A 11:55 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

Er, yes it does it's fundamentally the same concept.

All forms of intolerence are steeped in Xenophobia, youfear what you cannot associate with/identify with.

homosexuals are dereides/despised whatever by people who cannot understand them and in turn fear are intolerant.

Racism is EXACTLY the same, it's a from fo xenophobia.

Different sides of the same coin.
nik39 1:24 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

That is your opinion Maxim, which is fine. What I don't understand then is why you keep on sending me PM with questions, and links to your recent mixes to check out. If you don't like me, and you'd like me seeing banned, then don't try to get in private touch with me. You don't see me sending you PM's either.

DJJOHNNYM, as explained before, if you stand up against racism the way you did, and expect to be taken serious, and express implicitly how unfair it is to discriminate black people - how can you then explicitly express you are against homosexuals. It is not fair, and I can't understand this, and it makes you a hypocrite. Because basically you are doing exactly the same thing you accuse the others to do - Discriminating.

BTW, I don't think homosexuality is a plain biological thing, a lot of socialization (roles of parents, men/women) seem to play a role as well. However, it doesn't make a difference. If someone chooses to be homosexual it's up to him. You shouldn't discriminate him. Would you discriminate someone cause he has choose to believe in a certain religion? If you do - well then don't cry if you are being discriminated b/c you are different in other aspects too.
allstarchris 1:35 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
My "style" just made me a new "fan". allstarchris.

He loves me. He really really loves me. lol

Why are you bringing my name up in a completely seperate thread of which I have chosen to keep out of? Get over it...
DJJOHNNYM 3:56 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

That is your opinion Maxim, which is fine. What I don't understand then is why you keep on sending me PM with questions, and links to your recent mixes to check out. If you don't like me, and you'd like me seeing banned, then don't try to get in private touch with me. You don't see me sending you PM's either.

Gee Nik, you seem to be putting him on blast, ask I did AKIEM with the PM's. As a matter of fact he (AKIEM) just recently did it during this whole debacle. I don't need to talk to him behind the scenes. Put it right here in the open...because JUST LIKE Dj MAXIM S, who is sending me PM's to check out his latest mixes ALSO, (I guess he sent out a mass PM), I have no desire to review the work of someone who wants to see me banned. Stay out of my PM BOX MAXIM AND AKIEM.
Dj KaGeN 5:47 PM - 20 May, 2007
I can hear the crack of the ban stick...
sixxx 7:46 PM - 20 May, 2007
I wish I signatures were enabled on this site. I would have this as my quote of the year.

Quote:
You have served as an example of ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry while professing to be fighting against ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry.
nik39 8:17 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Gee Nik, you seem to be putting him on blast, ask I did AKIEM with the PM's.

Nope, not at all. It was something very different. You posted the entire PM on the forum to put him on blast, you even started a completely new thread dedicated to this topic.

The only reason I mentioned it here is because Maxim is here trying to polish my apples by PM's and then acting the complete opposite in the public. I ignored the PM's and I didn't see any necessicity to post that to the public, who the eff would care anyway? No-one.

As Maxim posted it in the public, and told in the public he would like to me see me banned, I responded in the public, I don't see any reason to answer him by private messages.

AKIEM never said in the public that he is a fan of you, so there is absolutely no contradiction with his PM's and no need to put it out in the public. IIRC, weren'T you guys advised to continue your discussion via PM? Not sure.

AKIEM never started a new "eff JONNY M"-thread in the public.

Quote:
Dj MAXIM S, who is sending me PM's to check out his latest mixes ALSO, (I guess he sent out a mass PM)

No, it was not a mass PM, there is no such function as mass PM. Matter of fact the PM about the mixes where part of a different 'conversation' between him and me.
dj disturbed 8:36 PM - 20 May, 2007
Cant we all just get along........

***** Ducks out of the way of the flying ash trays *****
allenbina 8:50 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
If he calls my opinions or arguments stupid or retarded, he'll catch it.

Your opinions have been ignorant and offensive, and your repeated responses to other perceived offences have created chaos on this site recently. You have served as an example of ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry while professing to be fighting against ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry. You have easily caused enough trouble, and as such I will not give you another chance to cause more trouble with your offensive opinions. If you are incapable of keeping them to yourself, then I will ban you.

These are my final words on this matter. I strongly suggest you to leave your last comment as your own last words and to not respond again.

WORD!
AKIEM 10:13 PM - 20 May, 2007
Nik Said
Quote:

just to be clear, in now way Im a arguing Johnys pov, or condoning his behavior at all.

I would not say that both are based on the same thing, I would say that both groups have received some of the same treatment (discrimination), sometimes by the same people. I dont see the point of drawing a connecting between two different groups of people just because they may have received a portion of the same treatment by some of the same people.

And I dont think you have to have perfect moral compass to work against your oppressor. Should a moral vegetarian not take Martin or Malcolm seriously because he ate meat? Making a speech will eating a big plate of beef ribs, now thats a different story (which I think is closer to what we are talking about here)

Morals are sets of beliefs that govern 'right and wrong'. People often have sets of morals that are discriminatory against other people, in fact, I would say that is closer to the norm then not. Using your so called morals to insult, upset and chastise someone is not nice.

Johny said
Quote:

So I suppose we won't be seeing any more IGNORANT Black=Ghetto People driving Monte' Carlo threads then. That's all I was trying to accomplish.

I can guarantee that you are wrong about that. Not only have we seen ten times the amount in the past week, it wont stop it in the future. It makes much better sense to stop it in private, or in a less circus type way, needing moderation. Each time someone makes such a mistake we need ten threads to pop up to stop it? I dont think so.

Monk-A said
Quote:

Er, yes it does it's fundamentally the same concept.

All forms of intolerence are steeped in Xenophobia, youfear what you cannot associate with/identify with.

homosexuals are dereides/despised whatever by people who cannot understand them and in turn fear are intolerant.

Racism is EXACTLY the same, it's a from fo xenophobia.

Different sides of the same coin.

I absolutely do not concur.
Perhaps if you hate or mistreat a certain race, and a certain orientation equally bad, then it is the SAME, to you(not you). But if you are that race, or orientation you might find such logic very insensitive.

Not all racism is xenophobic(fear of difference).

I dont think that it is fair to expect someone to believe that racism is the same as homophobia. A PETA activist might wish you to believe that using animals for protein is the same as millions of abortions. Abortion Rights person might want you to believe that abortions is the same as the Holocaust. Its not the same (IMHO)

Morals- no ones morals will be perfectly aligned unless they belong to the same cult. Everyone believes that their own moral compass points to the True Right. I think you can make suggestions, but if they dont fit, they dont fit, and this is far from the place to try and make them work together. But that is something different from the wise rule: be nice to others.

You dont have to except someone elses life style, or the way they look to be nice. especially here where none of that is apparent

If a Klan member came on here a dropped DJ science, then Im the better for having read it. I dont care if he is Klan, as long as he keeps it to himself.
AKIEM 10:21 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Gee Nik, you seem to be putting him on blast, ask I did AKIEM with the PM's. As a matter of fact he (AKIEM) just recently did it during this whole debacle. I don't need to talk to him behind the scenes. Put it right here in the open...because JUST LIKE Dj MAXIM S, who is sending me PM's to check out his latest mixes ALSO, (I guess he sent out a mass PM), I have no desire to review the work of someone who wants to see me banned. Stay out of my PM BOX MAXIM AND AKIEM.

power u, I find it hilarious that you cant handle receiving a private message. I thought you are a grown up big man? LOL, but I single handedly destroyed your private messaging experience for you with my three or four messages. MAN! talk about sensitive
nik39 10:24 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
And I dont think you have to have perfect moral compass to work against your oppressor.

True, true. At some point everyone of us is imperfect.

Quote:
But if you are that race, or orientation you might find such logic very insensitive.

Well, if someone told me he felt treated bad and discriminated, and he exposures the same behaviour towards others - I can't take him serious. Would you?

Quote:
You dont have to except someone elses life style, or the way they look to be nice.

I have a problem following you. Do you mean there is no need to tolerate other people with different morals, goals and views on this board just b/c we don't meet each other "in real"?
nik39 10:29 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

BTW I was not even asking the person "are you perfect? is there any race or a group of people which you hate and discriminate?". The person revealed explicitly that he discriminates as well.
DJJOHNNYM 10:37 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
If a Klan member came on here a dropped DJ science, then Im the better for having read it. I dont care if he is Klan, as long as he keeps it to himself.

Funny, this is the same attitude I had towards Nik, but it's miscontrued. Whatever.

Quote:
I can guarantee that you are wrong about that. Not only have we seen ten times the amount in the past week, it wont stop it in the future. It makes much better sense to stop it in private, or in a less circus type way, needing moderation. Each time someone makes such a mistake we need ten threads to pop up to stop it? I dont think so.

Nope. Now since it's such a Sensitive issue, I guarantee that if someone DID post such nonesense, the admins might be quicker to act on it. I seriously doubt they would sit along the sidelines and let the same scenario unfold as did before. Again, mission accomplished.
DJJOHNNYM 10:39 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

power u, I find it hilarious that you cant handle receiving a private message. I thought you are a grown up big man? LOL, but I single handedly destroyed your private messaging experience for you with my three or four messages. MAN! talk about sensitive

No, I have no desire to talk to you in PM. I've told you before, and besides, all your PM did was try to taunt me:

Quote:
May 17, 2007, 4:43 PM
you think talking to you in pravate = stalking
and you would proly like to make it public any way
so all I can say is - too bad brovas caint work it out

What exactly was the point in posting that message in my PM?

Nevermind....I don't even want to know.

Topic dropped.
AKIEM 10:40 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

BTW I was not even asking the person "are you perfect? is there any race or a group of people which you hate and discriminate?". The person revealed explicitly that he discriminates as well.

that person would be/is a troll. you cant expect even flawed logic from a troll
nik39 10:49 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Funny, this is the same attitude I had towards Nik, but it's miscontrued. Whatever.

Not at all. You explicitly revealed you are a "Klan"-member by posting anti-homosexual insults and stuff. You took it even to a very, very low level - wishing death on someone.

In other words, you did not keep it to yourself.
AKIEM 10:50 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

And I dont think you have to have perfect moral compass to work against your oppressor.

yet we each believe that we are right

Quote:
Quote:

But if you are that race, or orientation you might find such logic very insensitive.

Well, if someone told me he felt treated bad and discriminated, and he exposures the same behaviour towards others - I can't take him serious. Would you?

him, no. but maybe some of what he was saying. thats what pissed me off. If MLK was making a speech will eating a big plate of ribs, I would want to smack them out his mouth.

Quote:
Quote:

You dont have to except someone elses life style, or the way they look to be nice.

I have a problem following you. Do you mean there is no need to tolerate other people with different morals, goals and views on this board just b/c we don't meet each other "in real"?

yes, because we dont really sport any of those things on our sleeves, we dont have any sleeves here. you can easily hate some group and have absolutely no idea that your best chum on here is a member of that group. AND if you did know, it neednt ever stop you from being nice.

personally I recommend not hating
DJJOHNNYM 10:53 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

Simply put, you stay in your lane, and I will stay in mine. That's how it was before.
AKIEM 11:01 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

No, I have no desire to talk to you in PM. I've told you before, and besides, all your PM did was try to taunt me:

Then dont read them. You can see its from me, just ignore it. Isn that your advice for poeple who dont like your crap on the general discussion forum? no difference.

Quote:
Quote:
May 17, 2007, 4:43 PM
you think talking to you in pravate = stalking
and you would proly like to make it public any way
so all I can say is - too bad brovas caint work it out

What exactly was the point in posting that message in my PM?

because it was for you, and not the entire online world until the archives are purged.
[and I like predicting the future]

Quote:

Nevermind....I don't even want to know.

Topic dropped.

then you should not have asked.

what was the purpose of making it public?
nik39 11:11 PM - 20 May, 2007
DJJONNYM, do you really need to quote PM's? If you want to diss AKIEM - why dont you send your PM's to one of the moderators? They will take actions - if needed.

Posting it here, halfway, is a sneaky way to put blast on AKIEM. He PM'ed you because he didn't want to make it public, quite simple. He did not mention it here, cause he didn't want to make it public. No need to expose it here again. Really, I don't think anyone is interested in that crap - prolly the reason why AKIEM does not post it here. The only people who might be interested, are the mods (not because they are interested, but maybe b/c it's part of their job) - then I suggest send it to them by PM.

Quote:
Quote:

him, no. but maybe some of what he was saying. thats what pissed me off.

But thats the point - I dont think we need to discuss that certain jokes are not funny (which someone tried to point out in an awkward way), but if the one who is acting like he is the spokesman of black people posts silly stuff like "black people don'T like gay people" and expresses the same discriminating thoughts he was standing up against - he *cant* be taken serious. Any arguements coming from that person afterwars will also not be taken seriously. Even if some of them may, and I say may, be right eventually, probably.

Quote:

TRue, hatress just shows your weakness and that you have a problem.

Quote:
Quote:
Simply put, you stay in your lane, and I will stay in mine. That's how it was before.

(Funny how you did not quote the context... "You explicitly revealed you are a "Klan"-member by posting anti-homosexual insults and stuff. You took it even to a very, very low level - wishing death on someone.")

Staying in lane? *You* crossed the line when you wished death on me [because you think I am homosexual]... which is not even the whole issue in this thread.

But what am I talking about? I mean, you have been explicitly pointed to the issues from a moderator. You have been warned by moderators, and you been given the advise to follow the rules. Things are clear now. No need to jump in circles again and discuss everything from scratch again. Things are clear now.
AKIEM 11:18 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

TRue, hatred just shows your weakness and that you have a problem.

hate is a weakness, stop that
AKIEM 11:29 PM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:

Nope. Now since it's such a Sensitive issue, I guarantee that if someone DID post such nonesense, the admins might be quicker to act on it. I seriously doubt they would sit along the sidelines and let the same scenario unfold as did before. Again, mission accomplished.

Quote:

And WHERE in that post did any MODERATOR say it was OK for us regular posters to take on their responsibilities, and "REMIND" people of the rules?

Quote:

Is this you BTW?
The new forum cop?
www.djjohnnym.com

Quote:

Why don't you leave that to the Moderators?
If the forum is not functioning to the best of it's ability, then it is up to THEM to redirect it. Last I checked, you didn't have moderator status for a title.

Quote:

I still don't see MODERATER under your name, so you don't count. As a matter of fact, you are bordering on breaking Rule #2. Do Not pass yourself off as a Serato or Rane employee"...
You better watch that...
Serato, Support
Matt G 12:51 AM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:

DJJOHNNYM, I don't know how to make myself any clearer. But I will try again: If someone here is homosexual or black or female or Christian or Muslim or whatever, then they have the right to express that on this forum. You do not have the right to give them shit about it. If you express bigoted opinions against other forum users again then you will be banned.

Your demand that people "stay in their lane" is not acceptable. Would you find it acceptable for someone to demand that you keep your race to yourself, and for them to state that if you mentioned you were black then it would be fair game for them to express racist sentiments to you? Because that is what you're asking.

For the record, if anyone expresses racist sentiments here then they will be banned, as has happened in the past. Black people (or any other race) do not need to "stay in their lane" here, and I will not allow you to force homosexuals to "stay in their lane".

If you cannot accept these terms then this is not the right place for you to be participating.
vidoona 2:16 AM - 21 May, 2007
Matt G, I like what you've posted thus far, but I say just ban him now. He has caused nothing but problems in every thread he's posted in lately and it has detracted from the value of information this forum has become known for. None of this has anything to do with SSL, or DJing at all so I don't see why his off-topic, intollerant bigotry should be tolerated any further.
allenbina 4:15 AM - 21 May, 2007
Quote:
Matt G, I like what you've posted thus far, but I say just ban him now. He has caused nothing but problems in every thread he's posted in lately and it has detracted from the value of information this forum has become known for. None of this has anything to do with SSL, or DJing at all so I don't see why his off-topic, intollerant bigotry should be tolerated any further.

+1
Serato, Support
Matt G 4:56 AM - 21 May, 2007
Okay so I think that point has been made now. I won't be banning anyone at this stage. I think everyone should be fairly clear on what's what now, so I'll lock this thread.