DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

WHen I record a mix to my computer it has small skips

DJ Darkness 12:49 AM - 5 May, 2007
Greetings everyone. I am having a big issue with recording a mix that doesnt have any small skips in it. I usually record an hour long set usually through Audacity, or Soundforge. Every time I play it back on a cd it will skip about 5 or 6 times through out an hour long mix. Just a small skip but never the less irritating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what my computer specs are.
3800+ Athlon
3 gigs Ram
Real Tek audio card
gregdaynes 1:08 AM - 5 May, 2007
I also have this problem. Ive done this many times before and its been flawless, but tuesdays mix was plagued with this. The only thing different about my setup is that i am using 1.7.2.
I am going to try recording to a different computer, and try using 1.7.1.
nik39 1:40 AM - 5 May, 2007
Greetings, new guys.

Read this here scratchlive.net <- click.
DJKasper_YNY 9:23 PM - 5 May, 2007
that happens to me too.. it turned out it was my usb sound card (tascam us122)... when i first got it, it worked great but about a year ago, it started skippin etc... (usb buffer related or something) i did a bunch of xp recomendations but still happens.. I gave up trying. LOL i guess i'll go look at niks recomended thread...
DJKasper_YNY 9:23 PM - 5 May, 2007
LOLOLOLOLOL NICE NIK! LOL
caught me off guard.
J0be 2:57 PM - 11 May, 2007
I increased my USB buffer setting on serato and it seemed to help in my recording. There were no glitches the second time. Not sure if it was just luck, or if it actually helped.
I was using cool edit pro.
aLiEn 8:41 PM - 17 May, 2007
I had the same problem with Audacity and went back to using Soundforge with no problems.
Dj Tremendo 9:22 PM - 17 May, 2007
yooooo for reall how the hell do you record in serato ama new serato user so am new to all this help me out pllllllllzzzzzz cause am dieing to record so blends n mixes
aLiEn 12:52 AM - 18 May, 2007
In my opinion, don't record in Serato, use a program like the ones mentioned above.
young shiz 5:36 AM - 24 May, 2007
yeah i've recently been having that problem with my usb soundcard too.
rhythmunderground 3:02 AM - 25 May, 2007
my last mix using the 57 has this issue. recording was performed using serato internal main mix recorder on 57. i can edit the skips out with audacity but there were 10 or 11 of them. still got 6 more to edit out. what a pain.
rhythmunderground 3:02 AM - 25 May, 2007
moderators please move to help section
anmar 7:14 AM - 27 May, 2007
Where's the serato internal main mix recorder at? I'm plannin on getting a better recording program but for now i just wana know how to do it through sorato.
rhythmunderground 12:46 PM - 27 May, 2007
look at the manual for the graphics but its on the left side of the screen near the middle. there is a level meter and a red dot with a drop down next to it. select the source and then hit the red dot to record. when done, hit the flashing dot to stop and then type a name on the blank line and hit the enter key.
DJ Icce 8:25 PM - 28 May, 2007
if you are using an external program such as audacity or sound forge and the mixer is plugged in to your computer from the master out it will probably do that unless your mixer has a record output or if you use the booth monitor and have it going into your computer soundcard, i use sony vegas to record and i had an old mixer plugged into from the master out to the input on my computer soundcard and it did it once in awhile i switched the program to record in ableton live and still did it, i got a new mixer with record output and tried pluggin it like that and it doesnt do it anymore, yes it is irratating and annoying but fixed it let me know if you have any questions
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 12:28 AM - 8 July, 2007
**Moved to General Discussion
Jay-R 12:45 AM - 8 July, 2007
use hard disk ogg. i used to use Audacity and noticed USB dropouts. now i record on "hard disk" and get no "skips" or dropouts. i record and edit in audacity when i'm done. Hard Disk Ogg uses very little processer.

www.fridgesoft.de
ill vibez 3:53 AM - 2 October, 2007
I tried using Hard Disk Ogg, for such a basic program it sure is hard to figure out. It records using .ape format, what is this and how is it converted. I've tried saving .mp3 but it doesn't work.
DJ Sniffles 4:00 AM - 2 October, 2007
these are called usb drop outs....they are caused from ur needles. make sure ur needles are 120v and not 240v or u could have worse things than dropouts... like a blown turntable motor
DJ-LUSH 2:00 AM - 4 January, 2008
I use sony vegas and it works perfect u can record and edit when your done it does take up a little more cpu usage but it does da job for me.. i just have recorded a whole hr non stop yet
a DJ 7:00 AM - 5 January, 2008
Quote:
I tried using Hard Disk Ogg, for such a basic program it sure is hard to figure out. It records using .ape format, what is this and how is it converted. I've tried saving .mp3 but it doesn't work.

DId you ever figure it out?