DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

IS LIL WAYNE THE GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE!!!

DJ Lagos 2:15 PM - 1 May, 2007
I was watching Rap City on BET and Wayne was on with Baby and he addressed the Jay Z issue. He also when on to say that he is the Greatest Rapper Alive and why shouldn't he think he is the best at what he does. Then he went in the booth and KILLED IT!!!! I think right now he is the best doing it and he has shown alot of growth through the years. Just like when T.I. said he was the KING of The South, nobody stepped up and got at him except for Lil Flop(Flip) and we all know what happen to him. Nobody has stepped up to get at Wizzy. So, what does that mean???
FlexyD 2:24 PM - 1 May, 2007
Definitly not the best rapper alive IMO. I guess my vote wont count because I'm not big on southern hip hop except outkast and goodie mob, I never have been and I live in Va where the Crunk stuff is everywhere. I guess I partially blame the south for dumbing down hip hop. But compared to the Hot Boys days Wayne has stepped his game up I'll give him that.
sixxx 2:30 PM - 1 May, 2007
Yeah, Lil Wayne has stepped up his game. Kinda like when a kid in diapers starts wearing pullups.
FlexyD 2:34 PM - 1 May, 2007
lol yea exactly sixxx
djaction 2:35 PM - 1 May, 2007
Lil Wayne can spit an ill nursery rhyme. He's somewhere in between Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street.
puertorok 2:39 PM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
Yeah, Lil Wayne has stepped up his game. Kinda like when a kid in diapers starts wearing pullups.

haha, well said.
CMega 2:48 PM - 1 May, 2007
His style and voice is annoying. Not to mention he doesn't tell good stories. Just the same old same old ish.
djknyce 2:50 PM - 1 May, 2007
Lil wayne is definitely one of the best, he kills every freestyle and mixtape he touches.....but thats his curse also. Listening to Wayne on a mixtape is one thing, but you do not get the same Wayne on an album. He has failed to make a great cohesive top to bottom album. And that my friends, is why he will never be the greatest (or at least until he does it) the greats....make great albums, not just great mixtapes.
dj skraps 2:55 PM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
His style and voice is annoying. Not to mention he doesn't tell good stories. Just the same old same old ish.

agree to the fullest.
Nicky Blunt 2:57 PM - 1 May, 2007
I have the shortest word in the english language that best conveys my feelings on this subject!

No! Hell No!

You think he's better than Jigga, Jadakiss, Redman, Method Man, Ice Cube etc etc!

You need to lay off the pipe! (just playing)

But seriously he is one of the better ""New breed rapper"" but that aint sayin much as most of the new breed are shit!
Jay-R 2:58 PM - 1 May, 2007
you guys are all wrong....it's all about nick cannon.

J/K!
DJ Lagos 3:03 PM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
you guys are all wrong....it's all about nick cannon.

J/K!

LMAO!!!! that's a good one Jay-R. Damn!!! he let Ray J take his girl and then made a tape with her swallowing Ray's kids. LOL!!!
djaction 3:11 PM - 1 May, 2007
'Nick Cannon is hilarious'

and yeah Lil Wayne is one of the worst things to happen to Hip Hop.
dreamkast 11:21 PM - 1 May, 2007
holla have you listened to any hip hop which you dont see in the top40?
DJ Eighty 8 1:40 AM - 2 May, 2007
Yeah, Lil' Wayne and T-Pain R the best and your how old? Just seen a video with D4L and some other clown talking about Tats(ie: tatoos). Yep Hip-Hop is truly dead and no light is in sight. How has Lil' Wayne making these claims, who passed him the torch? He never held down a summer, rocked sold out shows in major arenas, battled anybody and he's still talking about the same shit in every rhyme. Now T-Pain, he's dope! (I'm laughing..........!)
DjRekTek 1:44 AM - 2 May, 2007
A legend in his own mind.....but def. gets the award for lookin' like a li' rat or a lil' possum. I'm sorry for hatin' but this cat needs a reality check...
sweetL 1:57 AM - 2 May, 2007
lil wayne? hell no.

hes good, sure - but come on, you'd really place him as a better rapper as say, phonte?
marknonsense1 6:20 AM - 2 May, 2007
I think Lil Wayne is one of the best, most DJ's suck at picking top 10 and things like that. They all think they know more but in the real world people love Lil Wayne! HE's HOT

Who the Fuck is Phonte? I don't care to know, SUCKS...lol

I can't wait to see what everyone says!
Panic City 6:28 AM - 2 May, 2007
I think cassidy is underrated and his my top emcee.

lil wayne is a bit overrated to me, but if everyone is on his nuts, he is doing something right.

one thing i did like, he said on the make it rain remix "I throw up more cash, and change the forecast"

Easy rhyme, but i wouldnt of thought of that, and i think im aight at rappin and judgin.

PLUG: myspace.com/panicspace listen to the album!
marknonsense1 6:29 AM - 2 May, 2007
By the way I would never play someones music if he's on a show and says ( I'm like the 18th best rapper alive) I also feel the whole alive thing is a bitch move. We all know why they say that!

I hate people who don't think their the best at what they do! Why should I Believe in you, If you don't Believe in your self!
marknonsense1 6:30 AM - 2 May, 2007
Cassidy can kill shit! Don't get me on him.

Panic City good call!
Dj Maxim S 6:47 AM - 2 May, 2007
yeh lil wayne is really good at freestyle and his lyrics r tight!! but the best rapper? hmm NAS i guess...
Dj Maxim S 7:01 AM - 2 May, 2007
yes i got it!

LL COOL J..i think he is either the best or one of the best
dherm 7:22 AM - 2 May, 2007
I would say that right now Lil Wayne is the best rapper. A few years ago I would say Jay-z, but Jay has been coming out with some real weak stuff of late, including his entire last album. I do agree that Lil Wayne is sometimes annoying and he never really tells a story like the rappers of old (just kinda raps about how rich he is and how many girls he gets). However, who doesn't now-a-days? I wouldn't say that he is a nursery rhymer either, like Ludacris. Because, although his lyrics are more simple than a rapper like talib, his delivery is original and clever. The last time I heard someone more original with his delivery was Mase in Harlem World.
Panic City 7:45 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Cassidy can kill shit! Don't get me on him.

Panic City good call!

right on. everybody watch : Cassidy vs. Lil Wayne Watchyoutube.com

they dont battle, but obviously Cassidy's lyrics are more raw with better delivery.

EX: "That ice on your wrist, thats light cheese....I spend a 100G's a year on white tee's!"

that's a lot of money for white t shirts
Mr. Wright 7:49 AM - 2 May, 2007
Hmmmm what happened to the respect for the underground scene. I know it doesn't fly in the clubs but i can name alot of underground MC's that can tella story like no other and actually make a song that means something. Not just a track thats catchy to sell alot of CD's and make some money. Blah, lil wayne isn't anything to me, but i guess thats just 1 opinion out of a million. If he's sold millions of CD's, that just means theres millions of retarded mindless people out there throwing there cash out. Just my 2 cents i hope i didn't offend anyone.
Panic City 7:53 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Hmmmm what happened to the respect for the underground scene. I know it doesn't fly in the clubs but i can name alot of underground MC's that can tella story like no other and actually make a song that means something. Not just a track thats catchy to sell alot of CD's and make some money. Blah, lil wayne isn't anything to me, but i guess thats just 1 opinion out of a million. If he's sold millions of CD's, that just means theres millions of retarded mindless people out there throwing there cash out. Just my 2 cents i hope i didn't offend anyone.

slug was nice. i think im the only canibus fan left.
jkar 7:55 AM - 2 May, 2007
best rapper alive is jay z
JACKMASTER 8:00 AM - 2 May, 2007
best rapper alive = Ghostface Killah
Panic City 8:00 AM - 2 May, 2007
i think im the only guy who thinks jay z is way overrated. yea he makes hits, but i dont think much of his rhymes
Mr. Wright 8:10 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

As much as i liked Slug. i think he fell off after God Loves Ugly (if not even before that) I was even at the record release party tour for God Loves Ugly at the Henry Fonda Theatre. I just remember Mr. Dibbs getting down, and Mr Lif did a good job too. My favorite moments for Slug were the greatly overlooked "Dynospectrum", "Overcast", & the random "Sad Clown Bad Dub" albums. WHen it comes to Rhymesayers Entertainment i like Brother Ali's "Shadows on the Sun" & MF Doom. Although none of these records could get any play when im out. Just alot of hours of driving in my car.
ralph 8:11 AM - 2 May, 2007
it's just marketing.
Panic City 8:14 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As much as i liked Slug. i think he fell off after God Loves Ugly (if not even before that) I was even at the record release party tour for God Loves Ugly at the Henry Fonda Theatre. I just remember Mr. Dibbs getting down, and Mr Lif did a good job too. My favorite moments for Slug were the greatly overlooked "Dynospectrum", "Overcast", & the random "Sad Clown Bad Dub" albums. WHen it comes to Rhymesayers Entertainment i like Brother Ali's "Shadows on the Sun" & MF Doom. Although none of these records could get any play when im out. Just alot of hours of driving in my car.

couldnt agree more
Nicky Blunt 8:28 AM - 2 May, 2007
Best is a matter of personal opinion like say hotest girl as what one man thinks is hot another thinks is a beast! You smell me!

Either way if Lil Wayne is the best rapper ever that must mean Diddy is the second best!

And in a battle how do you think Lil Wayne would stand up against oooh say...........

KRS-One

exactly!

Not on a diss tip but how old are you? I wanna get a better idea of where your coming from.
Mr. Wright 8:31 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Best is a matter of personal opinion like say hotest girl as what one man thinks is hot another thinks is a beast! You smell me!

Either way if Lil Wayne is the best rapper ever that must mean Diddy is the second best!

And in a battle how do you think Lil Wayne would stand up against oooh say...........

KRS-One

exactly!

Not on a diss tip but how old are you? I wanna get a better idea of where your coming from.

Hahahaha KRS-One would confuse him with a lilttle too much knowledge and LiL Wayne would drop the mic lol
Nicky Blunt 8:32 AM - 2 May, 2007
And lil wayne would end up doing what paris hilton did with prince!

Did y'all hear about that!
Mr. Wright 8:33 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
And lil wayne would end up doing what paris hilton did with prince!

Did y'all hear about that!

No but the thought of what it could be makes me laugh even if its 1:40 am
Nicky Blunt 8:41 AM - 2 May, 2007
well prince did a live show & paris was there in the crowd! He called her up on stage talked to her politley for a while then gave her a mic & said ok lets seee if she can sing live!

She looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and left the stage. After mumbling something incomprehensible in the mic.

Go Prince!!! I thought that was awesome!
Nicky Blunt 8:41 AM - 2 May, 2007
& shit 1.40 am where the f&^% are you???
Mr. Wright 8:44 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
well prince did a live show & paris was there in the crowd! He called her up on stage talked to her politley for a while then gave her a mic & said ok lets seee if she can sing live!

She looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and left the stage. After mumbling something incomprehensible in the mic.

Go Prince!!! I thought that was awesome!

Hahahah thats hilarious, go prince on that shit. Im in Los Angeles California....1:49 am right now and i gotta work at 7am but oh well. I got to fit in spinning records anytime i can. I have a 18month old daughter.
dJ bMaN 8:45 AM - 2 May, 2007
I'm not gonna say he's the greatest of all time however, I will say he is good. The way he flips words and metaphors is incredible. But like someone mentioned before, I can only take his voice for so long. One of the BEST that did it I would have to say is Biggie. I still listen to his songs 13 years later and still find a verse that was/is raw as hell.
marknonsense1 8:45 AM - 2 May, 2007
Jay Z is ok now that I DJ, I didn't like him till I had to play his shit so much.

Mr. Wright ( Underground Music is dead)...lol I'm just playing but now that kids can get anything they want on the web. I don't think Underground rappers are going to make any $$$$ and it's all about money in the end. People only say money is notthing if A.) They have more then they need or B.) They don't have it at all. Why would you download some guy that sounds like he's recording on a tape player when you can get all the big namez?
marknonsense1 8:48 AM - 2 May, 2007
KRS-One...... lol I'm not going to even say anything. ( I think your just to old)
Nicky Blunt 8:51 AM - 2 May, 2007
DJ bMaN you sound like a man after my own heart! Biggie most definatley IMHO was & still is the beat rapper ever to pick up a microphone.

I really feel like the stuff that comes out now is nothing compared to the golden era of say 92 - 98

Take a think back about some of the albums you baught back then or that came out back then & see if you can find one that holds up to say Enter the wu-tang or ready to die all eyez on me It Takes a Nation of Millions, you know I could go on forever but i just feel the content is so retarded now days that I find it difficult to get excited about most of the new breed of rappers.

Saying that I like Papoose he's got some skillz but I cant see him ever becoming bigger than a mixtape artist!

I have to say my fave rapper thats still alive has to be Mr Reggie Noble The Funkdoctor Redman! His new album is hot like the sun!

Him & Meth should do blackout 2!
Nicky Blunt 8:52 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
KRS-One...... lol I'm not going to even say anything. ( I think your just to old)

Dude im 30! So im not really too old!

I just know good lyrical content when I see it!
Mr. Wright 8:53 AM - 2 May, 2007
Im 22 So im not sure about too old. Underground is alive and hell yeah there getting hit hardcore with downloading music killing there funds but honestly. Everyone is! You can say wht you want about KRS-One i ust have respect for the inovators, my bad. I even respect the new cats & mainstream bs unless its straight garbage. I just like lyricism with a meaning over some one liner bs. Just my .2 cents. Hate it or love it, but don't call me too old. 22 yes...married, divorced, kid and still holding it together. Yeah that ay make me feel like an old soul. PeacE
Nicky Blunt 8:54 AM - 2 May, 2007
Mark How old are you?
Mr. Wright 8:55 AM - 2 May, 2007
I have the Black out Vynil on my wall... one of my favorite records in Jr "High"
Nicky Blunt 8:56 AM - 2 May, 2007
I love Blackout! Its defo one of my fave 10 albums!

THats about as far as I get with faves its in my top ten! Its just too dificult to narrow down
marknonsense1 8:56 AM - 2 May, 2007
What is IMHO, I hate not knowing!....lol
Nicky Blunt 8:57 AM - 2 May, 2007
In My Humble opinion is what imho means

so how old are you dude?
Mr. Wright 8:57 AM - 2 May, 2007
i feel you on that, alot of good memories too that album. It was a good colab. Since i just kind of liked them both apart. That album showed some synergy between the two.
Nicky Blunt 9:01 AM - 2 May, 2007
yeah thats exactly what i was gonna say!

When I 1st heard about that album I was honestly wondering how well they would work together but when I heard it I was like damn I thought theyd be good! But Not this damn good!

I mean they made me laught straight off the bat with that Does pinocchio have wooden balls line!!!
marknonsense1 9:03 AM - 2 May, 2007
I like KRS ONE don't think I don't! I only like his older music, now he sucks! sorry

I didn't say your old mr. wright, I was talking to nicky. 30 not that old. I can see why you think the way you do. 7 years in age can make people think like there from other world. I'm 23.
Mr. Wright 9:06 AM - 2 May, 2007
Hahaha now i have black out spinning on the Technics without serato. I do love SSL but when i flop back on the Vynil i get this feeling that just isn't there with SSL. Rane i love you guys and i love technology but i doubt it'll ever give me the same feeling as good ol' wax ;-)
Nicky Blunt 9:07 AM - 2 May, 2007
Cool! Im not tryin to knock you or the new guys as Ive said before on music women cars houses you name it one mas pleasure is another man poisen. So my fvae rapper you may hate I may hate yours who knows? But its all just opinions! And everyone has one!

23 Is not that young either! But yeah 7 years in age is why we think differently about that.

However you have to remember that KRs is one of the ORIGINAL INNOVATORS of what we listen too now!

You gotta give him his props for that.

+ His new album title is dope!

HIP HOP IS ALIVE

I love it
Mr. Wright 9:10 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Cool! Im not tryin to knock you or the new guys as Ive said before on music women cars houses you name it one mas pleasure is another man poisen. So my fvae rapper you may hate I may hate yours who knows? But its all just opinions! And everyone has one!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Its things like this that make life interesting. No ones opinion is better then the next guy. Its having our OWN opinions that define us as people. I love to agree to disagree all the time. It reminds me of who i am.
Nicky Blunt 9:12 AM - 2 May, 2007
Exactly seems like we are coming from the same place here!

I mean I absolutley hate house music! I hate it so much I enjoy hating it! But still would never call it shit as thousands of thousands of people love it! Its just as Austin Powers would say

"Not My Bag Baby"

And if we were all the same imagine how boring it would be!
We'd be like robots!
Mr. Wright 9:16 AM - 2 May, 2007
& the funny thing is i absolutely love house music, i spin it all the time and have since i was 15. But we have the same views on hip hop. Thats life for you. Nice and mixed up with a million opinions. Do i care you hate it? No... Do you care i like? Doubt it. One thing everyone ATLEAST has in common on here is we love music and love to DJ.
The E Head 9:23 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
By the way I would never play someones music if he's on a show and says ( I'm like the 18th best rapper alive) I also feel the whole alive thing is a bitch move. We all know why they say that!

I hate people who don't think their the best at what they do! Why should I Believe in you, If you don't Believe in your self!

Thats being relistic, ie. i think i am a good dj. Am i the best?

Not even close!
Nicky Blunt 9:29 AM - 2 May, 2007
I like most forms of music its just the repetitive-ness of the beats! I mean dont get me wrong there ae house tunes that I do like but for me i find that after about 1/2 hour I have to leave!

Its all about having fun & we all agree that serato has made my djing life a hell of a lot easier now!

I mean b4 I only used to dj hip hop! as I could not afford x2 copies of a hip hop song then to buy a different genre aswell.

Now with cd's being ripped in and me playing them on my technics still I play about 4-5 different genres so its widened my tastes definatley!
Daim 12:25 PM - 2 May, 2007
who fuckin cares? why do rappers compete all the time
shiestO! 12:51 PM - 2 May, 2007
ridiculous.
FlexyD 12:51 PM - 2 May, 2007
Lil Weezy sucks, so does cassidy and all these other pick of the week rappers you guys are mentioning. And the underground is alive, i've spoken with alot of underground artist, Jean Grae, Louis Logic, Phonte from Little Brother(def one of the best out there), and more and while they would love for you to go out and buy their shit, I've heard mulitple underground artist say that the free downloading has helped them and hurt them because regardless it does help them develop a fan base and most underground emcees spend most of their time touring so that is where they make most of their money is at shows and selling their shit at the merc tables afterwards. Most underground cats are still really down to earth and really friendly, I think Murs said it best"if you're an underground artist you have to be nice to your fans because we don't have bodyguards so if you're mean to your fans they will fuck you up"

Long live good hip hop, it is not dead yet. It's just MTV, BET, and commercial radio have brainwashed most people out there into thinking this is whats hot and this is whats good.
dj skraps 3:32 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

Long live good hip hop, it is not dead yet. It's just MTV, BET, and commercial radio have brainwashed most people out there into thinking this is whats hot and this is whats good.

couldnt agree more...well said.
Nicky Blunt 3:33 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

couldnt agree more...well said.

MTV sucks we dont get BET ova here!
dj skraps 3:38 PM - 2 May, 2007
BET...is cool for entertainment...but i dont base anything of of it as far as music selection.
DJJOHNNYM 3:42 PM - 2 May, 2007
Who?
dj skraps 3:48 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Who?

exactly!
DJCyrusTheVirus 4:05 PM - 2 May, 2007
Yes he is... no one else is doing it like he is right now
DJJOHNNYM 4:07 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

That could be a blessing in disguise....
sixxx 4:28 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

+6
DJ Wen 5:04 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
I guess I partially blame the south for dumbing down hip hop.

I couldn't agree more...I'm from the Bay Area, and unfortunately most of the stuff coming out here isn't exactly doing much to raise the IQ of hiphop or its audience either. But seriously, Lil Wayne...the greatest ever? Probably not even in the top 20 greatest ever.

Which brings up an interesting thought...I think greatness can or at least should be measured on several things..sure the obvious like overall flow, crowd control, charisma, record sales. But I'd also throw in one's overall contribution to music (even to society), innovation in the artform, etc. What will a given artist be remembered for, that determines greatness in my book. I know it's blasphemous to think, but would guys like Pac & Biggie have maintained their status or would they have fallen off 10 years later? Would they have moved on into different avenues?

That said...Who WOULD BE / IS the GREATEST ever? Not necessarily your favorite, that's different..but the GREATEST? Popcorn anyone?
FlexyD 5:09 PM - 2 May, 2007
IMO the greatest ever and just my opinion I actually have 2 emcess who have influenced me in many ways one being Redman(been a fan since the What thee album and dare iz a darkside days) and Krs One (probably the greatest and still gets alot of respect). I guess the list could go on and on but right now those are the first 2 that came to my head.
Nicky Blunt 5:11 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
IMO the greatest ever and just my opinion I actually have 2 emcess who have influenced me in many ways one being Redman(been a fan since the What thee album and dare iz a darkside days) and Krs One (probably the greatest and still gets alot of respect). I guess the list could go on and on but right now those are the first 2 that came to my head.

loving your choice there however 4 me its Biggie then redman.

Been A fan of redman since about the times of whut? thee album too!
digitaljunkeez 5:20 PM - 2 May, 2007
He is not all that to me. He has become more of a punch line rapper/shock rapper, but not shoking to me.
DJMello 5:20 PM - 2 May, 2007
We actually have DJs who think Lil' Wayne is the best rapper alive???!!!! And don't know who Phonte is?????

To quote Dead Prez "TURN OFF YOUR FUCKIN RADIO!!! TURN OFF THAT BULLSHIT!!!"

DAMN!!!! DAMN!!!! DAMN!!!
Nicky Blunt 5:24 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
We actually have DJs who think Lil' Wayne is the best rapper alive???!!!! And don't know who Phonte is?????

Wasnt that Ice cube? From Amerikkka's most wanted!

Sorry to get nerdy!
DJ Wen 5:27 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

Now THAT'S blasphemous!

Redman is definitely one of the most underrated MCs of all time...I'd have go with some of the obvious names if I had to choose the GREATEST (BIG, Pac, Em, Cool J, Jay-Z) and that's looking at their careers in total.

BUT, if I had to list my personal favs that wouldn't make that list, I'd have to mention Meth, Mos Def, Rakim, DMC, and Ice Cube.
DJMello 5:35 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

Wasnt that Ice cube? From Amerikkka's most wanted!

Sorry to get nerdy!

Dead Prez - Radio Freq

I think Cube said it too, now that I think about it.
Nicky Blunt 5:45 PM - 2 May, 2007
I know for fact cube said it as I went and checked after I posted & yup its on the Most wanted album - The Song Is called (shockingly enough) Turn Off That Radio!!!!
marknonsense1 5:46 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

I mean I absolutley hate house music! I hate it so much I enjoy hating it!

lol
Nicky Blunt 5:46 PM - 2 May, 2007
However i dont dispute that Dead Prez said it too! :)
marknonsense1 5:48 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Not even close!

You are the best E, right up there with my 4 year old little girl!...lol
kicko 5:51 PM - 2 May, 2007
HA i was just saying the same thing. maybe dead prez does too but that not where my mind was.
marknonsense1 5:57 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

I don't know about the whole brainwashed thing being TV. I don't ever use it! ask sixx all I have is one 19" in the room for my kid! I have notthing but DJ shit all over my house.

For me it's the girls dance to the shit I play that brainwashed me...lol
Panic City 6:00 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Lil Weezy sucks, so does cassidy and all these other pick of the week rappers you guys are mentioning. And the underground is alive, i've spoken with alot of underground artist, Jean Grae, Louis Logic, Phonte from Little Brother(def one of the best out there), and more and while they would love for you to go out and buy their shit, I've heard mulitple underground artist say that the free downloading has helped them and hurt them because regardless it does help them develop a fan base and most underground emcees spend most of their time touring so that is where they make most of their money is at shows and selling their shit at the merc tables afterwards. Most underground cats are still really down to earth and really friendly, I think Murs said it best"if you're an underground artist you have to be nice to your fans because we don't have bodyguards so if you're mean to your fans they will fuck you up"

I think that's being close minded. Yeah the underground heads are tight too, but that scene is diff. Cassidy is raw, listen to him. He also has a battle record and tore up freeway in front of Jay Z
marknonsense1 6:04 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
ridiculous.

Coming from a person who is using a numark mixer.... lol

Go away!
Daim 6:17 PM - 2 May, 2007
most stupid thread on this board yet

*unsubscribed*
sweetL 6:23 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
I think Lil Wayne is one of the best, most DJ's suck at picking top 10 and things like that. They all think they know more but in the real world people love Lil Wayne! HE's HOT

INCLUDE YOURSELF IN MOST DJS THEN!

im a hiphop fan... and most people i know know who phonte is.... you're obviously a commercial dude, you cant even compare lil wayne to phonte...

lets talk facts.. what makes a heavy mc

1. flow
2. versatilty
3. their songs
4. their albums
5. their guest verses
6. THEIR FREESTYLE
7. their range of technique

its nothing to do with FAVOURITE.. if your favourite mc cant freestyle, then hes not a top ten. if he has just one flow, then sorry, hes not top ten. simple as that!
sweetL 6:23 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+6

+12
sweetL 6:26 PM - 2 May, 2007
actually, im adding another comment.

yeah, perhaps lil wayne is among the best of the new breed of rappers... but the rest are trash so it aint hard to impress right now.
marknonsense1 6:31 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

INCLUDE YOURSELF IN MOST DJS THEN!

im a hiphop fan... and most people i know know who phonte is.... you're obviously a commercial dude, you cant even compare lil wayne to phonte...

lets talk facts.. what makes a heavy mc

1. flow
2. versatilty
3. their songs
4. their albums
5. their guest verses
6. THEIR FREESTYLE
7. their range of technique

its nothing to do with FAVOURITE.. if your favourite mc cant freestyle, then hes not a top ten. if he has just one flow, then sorry, hes not top ten. simple as that!

It was a joke! sorry I'll put on the real face now... lol
DJ Phenom (Los Angeles) 6:42 PM - 2 May, 2007
Joel Ortiz (SICK!).. Just got signed to AFTERMATH
www.myspace.com

& Immortal Technique
www.myspace.com
Underground & killin it!
shiestO! 7:21 PM - 2 May, 2007
i no longer like immortal technique.
seven2wo 7:33 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
who fuckin cares? why do rappers compete all the time

well thats what hip hop is based on its like saying im the best or im better than you...thats how it all started back then...
as for lil weezy...i dont like his stuff and i could care less if he thinks hes the best right now...i just dont think its cool that he disrespects jay z when jay paved the way for a lot of new cats along with krs and everyone else...youngins should show more respect i think
sweetL 7:51 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
i took that bait like a good one innit lol

at least gillie has respect for lil wayne

Watchwww.youtube.com
grrillatactics 8:03 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

That said...Who WOULD BE / IS the GREATEST ever? Not necessarily your favorite, that's different..but the GREATEST? Popcorn anyone?

Based on the following criteria, I have a sleeper choice for best hip hop group of all time. I don't really have a favorite single MC, though, just a best group nomination. See the criteria below:

-Length of career
-Contribute to society in general/hip hop in particular
-Album sales
-Fan support
-Innovation of the artform
-Quality of rhymes
-Quality of full albums
-Creative use of sampling (I feel that the rapper MUST be involved in shaping the whole sound of the track, not just showing up with a notepad and rhyming; they don't have to actually create the beat themselves, but they had better have an idea of how they want their music to be presented)
-Actual ability to perform in front of a live audience
-Size of concert tours (both in terms of ticket sales as well as the actual number of cities)
-Merchandise sales

And the group that I would venture to say has been successful at all of these things beyond anyone else would be the Beastie Boys.

Their career has spanned at least since 1986 as major studio rap artists, but they were established on the Punk scene several years before that (License To Ill was released in 1986).

They constantly contribute to society by all three members being politically active and supporting causes that they believe in (such as Free Tibet), and also by lyrically supporting positive ideas and afore-mentioned causes. They also contribute to hip hop by collaborations with other artists, remix contests, etc. plus continuing to tour, even after all this time. How many rappers actually tour these days rather than make an MTV appearance and call it a day?

They have sold albums by the train-load. People still go out to buy Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head, etc., all the time. No major album since License to Ill has failed to reach either gold or platinum level sales, and even the side project albums have strong sales in the singles market.

If you have been to a Beastie Boys concert, you know that their fans love them, and they love their fans in return.

In regards to innovation/quality of rhymes/quality of albums/creative use of sampling, they are the only rappers I know that actually used limericks to create verses, and they have a very deep catalog of varied lyrical techniques. Unlike your current "flavor of the month" rapper, you actually get the sense that they care about their album quality (in every sense of the word, form the packaging and visual layouts to the track organization to the beats to the vocals, to the mixing on the tracks)and the albums, while always well produced, still have an organic grit to them. It is tough to be polished and raw at the same time, yet they manage to do it on every album. They have sampled a huge variety of other genres in addition to actually being able to play instruments themselves, and additionally will use quality session musicians to record if they can't get the sound they want strictly by sampling.

Ability to perform live/size of concert tours is also a no-brainer, as they have been at it so long. Their live show in concerts is always very exciting, with stage props, outfit changes, huge sound systems, and supporting band as needed. They never fail to sell out a ton of major venues for international concert tours, whereas your usual suspects of Rap these days are lucky to even have a coordinated and planned set list for their 4 city south-east US tour... I would also like to point out that rather than just having some dill-hole pressing play for their beats like a lot of newer rappers do, they have the one and only Mix Master Mike in charge of putting hot beats behind the lyrics. Mike has a pretty broad amount of freedom in this regard, too, and the Beastie Boys just run with it regardless of what Mike throws at them. A very polished show in regards to their overall flow and ability, but still feels totally live and spontaneous because of the live DJ and his eclectic and wild nature on the decks.

And based strictly on the number of Beastie Boys t-shirts and stickers you still see being worn, I have no doubt that their merchandise sales are doing a-ok.
grrillatactics 8:07 PM - 2 May, 2007
Oh, and there is nobody with "Lil'" in their name that will find a place on even my top 1,000 list... Lil Wayne is barely even to the level of "garbage" in my humble opinion. He has a lot to learn from the many talented and capable word-smiths that came before him, and has only our disposable society to thank for the success of his disposable music.
dj skraps 8:10 PM - 2 May, 2007
"Suckin like my daddy"
FlexyD 8:10 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Oh, and there is nobody with "Lil'" in their name that will find a place on even my top 1,000 list... Lil Wayne is barely even to the level of "garbage" in my humble opinion. He has a lot to learn from the many talented and capable word-smiths that came before him, and has only our disposable society to thank for the success of his disposable music.

^^^^well said
marknonsense1 8:49 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
i took that bait like a good one innit lol

at least gillie has respect for lil wayne

Watchwww.youtube.com

? I really like lil wayne I was playing about not knowing Phonte.
CMega 8:55 PM - 2 May, 2007
I suggest you pick up this CD when it comes out------->

www.undergroundhiphop.com

And I also suggest some of you check out this site for some real hip hop. www.undergroundhiphop.com

Lil wayne is garbage, plain and simple. How many songs does he have that have lyrics so dope they are quoted? None I can think of.
marknonsense1 9:02 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:

And I also suggest some of you check out this site for some real hip hop. www.undergroundhiphop.com

No, I need my money for better things. Thanks
Panic City 9:31 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

No, I need my money for better things. Thanks

lol
DJ d.range 1:47 AM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
best rapper alive = Ghostface Killah

co-sign
DJ d.range 1:50 AM - 3 May, 2007
if you have lil or young in front of your name, thats exactly what you are
djaction 2:00 AM - 3 May, 2007
I think rappers should continue to use the "Lil" and "Young" prefix. I use it as a shortcut. Oh hey "Young Lil Scraps Jocs a Lot" .. I'll never listen to one of your tracks, ever.
DJ d.range 2:43 AM - 3 May, 2007
^^^^^^kinda like a filter of what NOT to listen to^^^^^^^
DJ Limelight 6:10 AM - 3 May, 2007
John Wayne < Lil Wayne
latindj 6:36 AM - 3 May, 2007
This is STUPID. Isn't it obvious that the greatest ever (still alive no doubt) are Wonder Mike, Big Bank Hank, and Master Gee. After all, without them we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? Then K-Fed. LOL!
nik39 9:44 PM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
John Wayne < Lil Wayne

Sorry Lime, I gotta disagree this time...

John Wayne > Lil Wayne.
sweetL 10:33 PM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
? I really like lil wayne I was playing about not knowing Phonte.

yeah i got that you were joking, i said i took the bait as in, i fell for that, i thought you were being serious.

re: my gillie thing... i was just making another statement about lil wayne...
Vinyl Ricci 11:06 PM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+6

+12

+18
Nicky Blunt 11:13 PM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+6

+12

+18

+24
marknonsense1 11:17 PM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+6

+12

+18

+24

LOL ( Thinking I should pee on these gayz) sorry guys.....lol
dj hoodat baller 3:09 AM - 4 May, 2007
Little who
Mr. Wright 4:55 AM - 4 May, 2007
Quote:
www.myspace.com

& Immortal Technique
www.myspace.com
Underground & killin it!

I love Immortal, definently killing the underground. Could you play it in a club? Nope. But if you like hip hop with a message bump it as some therapy ;-)
DJ d.range 9:13 AM - 4 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
www.myspace.com

& Immortal Technique
www.myspace.com
Underground & killin it!

I love Immortal, definently killing the underground. Could you play it in a club? Nope. But if you like hip hop with a message bump it as some therapy ;-)

& jedi mind tricks
shiestO! 2:57 PM - 4 May, 2007
shiestO! 2:58 PM - 4 May, 2007
^this guy is the man.
DJMello 3:01 PM - 4 May, 2007
ROFL!!!! That might be the funniest shit I've ever seen!!
nik39 3:10 PM - 4 May, 2007
Is that lil wayne in 15 years from now?
Mr. Wright 7:07 PM - 4 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
www.myspace.com

& Immortal Technique
www.myspace.com
Underground & killin it!

& jedi mind tricks

Agreed im listening to "Black Winters Day" on Servants in heaven, Kings in Hell. Jedi mind tricks is good shit when im driving around.
FlexyD 7:12 PM - 4 May, 2007
Vinny P baby, I actually saw them and immortal technique live together in Dc it was a dope show, they had the crowd about to rush the white house haha
DJ d.range 9:22 PM - 4 May, 2007
savior self is my favorite

i saw them on 4/22 in nyc w/ sean price--dope show
shiestO! 9:47 PM - 4 May, 2007
Quote:
Vinny P baby, I actually saw them and immortal technique live together in Dc it was a dope show, they had the crowd about to rush the white house haha

i was at this show! i got wasted and walked up to immortal technique after the show like "viva FIDEL!!!" and he looked at me like i was a complete asshole. which i was.
shiestO! 9:50 PM - 4 May, 2007
oh. and just to be a dick...

violent by design (greaaaaaaaaaat album) was the only JediMind album that i really liked. but i used to rock that shit like everyday.
skoolboy 11:55 PM - 4 May, 2007
no...k-fed is the greatest rapper alive.
dreamkast 12:00 AM - 5 May, 2007
Quote:
yeh lil wayne is really good at freestyle and his lyrics r tight!! but the best rapper? hmm NAS i guess...

your joking right? if you wana hear good freestyles look up people like illmaculate,thesaurus,justice and iron solomon then tell me that lil wayne is good at freestyling? and his lyrics defintly aint tight?

You got a little bit of cred back with the nas statement even though I wouldnt call him the best rapper alive
dreamkast 12:02 AM - 5 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think he did a good job on little man and still can lay down good verses, like his verse on evs the weatherman. And also P.O.S on rhymesayers brings out quality.
sweetL 12:18 AM - 5 May, 2007
until i hear a single nice nas freestyle, ill refuse that hes ever gonna be anywhere near the greatest rapper alive
nik39 12:27 AM - 5 May, 2007
Quote:
until i hear a single nice nas freestyle, ill refuse that hes ever gonna be anywhere near the greatest rapper alive

Like Lumidee I go "ohhhh uhhhh"...

;)
DJ Limelight 9:05 AM - 5 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
John Wayne < Lil Wayne

Sorry Lime, I gotta disagree this time...

John Wayne > Lil Wayne.

Haha... You're right Nik. I meant John Wayne is more entertaining than Lil Wayne.
DJ d.range 1:41 AM - 6 May, 2007
john maine > john wayne > lil wayne

the rain in spain falls mainly on the plain
Nicky Blunt 4:09 PM - 6 May, 2007
to be honest id have to say

spotting trains > Kurt Cobain > Lil Wayne

Quote:

That Guy 1 5:14 PM - 6 May, 2007
Why does anyone take Venom... I mean, Skellator... I mean, Lil Flame seriously?
sixxx 7:10 PM - 6 May, 2007
Yo Yo the rappin' dinosaur is the greatest rapper alive!!!!
DJBlisk 6:00 PM - 7 May, 2007
What is wrong with kids these days?

Lil Wayne the greatest? The guy has personality and is entertaining but greatest rapper alive? sheesh.

Nas - Cannot Freestyle!!!!!!!!!!! He writes all of his rhymes!!!!!! He is one of the best emcees to have come out.

Underground Rap Icons - Immortal Technique(Awesome), Supernatural(Terrific) etc..... cannot be the greatest rappers eitehr becuase they have failed to have their music crossover.

Guys like Biggee, etc. should be considered becuase they cross boundaries and genres without pushing for it.

example: Biggee

1. Great Freestyler
2. Could make the backpackers happy
3. Could make mainstream happy
djaction 6:38 PM - 7 May, 2007
Quote:

Quote:

John Wayne > Bruce Wayne > The Rain in Spain > Major Pain > David Blaine > Lil Wayne

I like this game.
grrillatactics 7:24 PM - 7 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

John Wayne > Bruce Wayne > The Rain in Spain > Major Pain > David Blaine > Lil Wayne

I like this game.

Nice!
djheadhoncho 11:35 PM - 7 May, 2007
stuff like this is the main reason why i can no longer stand hip hop !!!

he is one of the most popular rappers right now (popular doesnt = the best !!! he just hits the streets hard & constantly grinds & promotes ) ...

cant knock the kids hustle .....

but the best rapper alive got his big break by saying "wobbly wobbly, drop it like its hot" ..... come on now !!!!

god hip hop is so dead ..... WE NEED PAC, BIG & BIG L !!!!
dreamkast 3:03 AM - 8 May, 2007
Quote:

Lil Wayne the greatest? The guy has personality and is entertaining but greatest rapper alive? sheesh.

Nas - Cannot Freestyle!!!!!!!!!!! He writes all of his rhymes!!!!!! He is one of the best emcees to have come out.

Underground Rap Icons - Immortal Technique(Awesome), Supernatural(Terrific) etc..... cannot be the greatest rappers eitehr becuase they have failed to have their music crossover.

Guys like Biggee, etc. should be considered becuase they cross boundaries and genres without pushing for it.

1. Great Freestyler

Just cause you dont crossover doesnt mean you cant be one of the greatest mc's/
DJBlisk 5:28 AM - 8 May, 2007
Why not?

Greatest MC in my book crosses all genre's.

You argument could also equate to some dude who never could have been the dopest ever but he just never made it. Please see:

1. Rass Kass
2. Len Bias (Boston Celtics)
etc.

You can't be the greatest if nobody knows who the fuck you are.
DJDLO 415 5:37 AM - 8 May, 2007
i have never cared to read anything in this thread......nor have i ever opened it untill right now.......i was surprised so many people have posted......after i read the titile i was like wtf? and laughed.....im not hatin on Holla tho hes the man of the hour acctually jus peep his work, i jus thought it was dumb....
sweetL 9:52 AM - 8 May, 2007
Quote:

1. Great Freestyler

Thankyou! I thought i was going mad... expecting that 'greatest' mcs should be able to hit all aspects of mcing.

Im not bothered about genre, im bothered about skill.

If you cant double time, then you cant be the best.

If you cant freestyle, you cant be the best.

If you cant shadow box, rhymescheme etc... you cant be the best.
Mr. Wright 7:03 AM - 9 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Little man was a sick track that i still bump to this day. Im not saying he still can't lay down a good verse. It's just a used to be able to listen to his CD's from start to fini

I think he did a good job on little man and still can lay down good verses, like his verse on evs the weatherman. And also P.O.S on rhymesayers brings out quality.

Little man was a sick track that i still bump to this day. That reminds me of what a sick story telling rhymer he is. Its just on old albums i could bumo start to finish liking 75% of it. Now it'sa few tracks few and far in between. I still go see him when he's in town. Like the guy, even smoked som herb with him at a show. He's humble. I guess everyone just hits the point of having a hard time being inovative still.
The E Head 7:28 AM - 9 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not even close!

You are the best E, right up there with my 4 year old little girl!...lol

Maybe i am but at least i aint an internet gang banger, beyatch
DJ GaFFle 9:51 PM - 18 July, 2007
Any of you guys heard the track he did the Kanye called "Did it Before"? Dope as hell... I'd love for his next album to sound like that.
lvmez 10:25 PM - 18 July, 2007
kanye west was on hot97 today being interviewed by angie martinez. he made said he was working on lil wayne's album. he said he wanted to get lil waynes to the next level in the game. he said he needed to give him beats.
dj hoodat baller 10:48 PM - 18 July, 2007
little who
De LA 11:49 PM - 18 July, 2007
Is it me or does that new song of his "dying" remind anyone of michael myers poetic sessions in "So I married an axe murderer"

maybe its just me...:)
djbriguy 3:26 AM - 19 July, 2007
i saw lil wayne freestyle on Da Basement... and i thought it was awful.
djpuma_gemini 3:27 AM - 19 July, 2007
Its the remix right.
dj hoodat baller 4:06 AM - 19 July, 2007
little who
marknonsense1 7:17 AM - 19 July, 2007
lol, Don't hate on someone who has more money then you and doing what they want in life. I wish we all had that much in us. I feel like putting it all on the line like every fu**in day but I don't cuz I always feel that what if?!!!!!!!!!! I have a kid and that how I'll always think, I guess.
DJ STINKFINGER 7:39 AM - 19 July, 2007
If you like crap
DJBlisk 2:37 PM - 19 July, 2007
Ummm.... we're hating on his music.

I hope the guy makes as much money as he can and has a healthy fucking fulfilling life.

I just hate his music.

People are so sensitive on this board, dudes can't seperate certain things.

Hating his music does not mean hating him.
tig ol' bitties 2:40 PM - 19 July, 2007
I do like this line:

car black, car big, car fast, car-ter/can I stick my pencil in your sharpener...
djbriguy 2:54 PM - 19 July, 2007
the only song i've ever REALLY liked was "Shine"
'From my head down to my shoes...
SCOOTin on twenty twos'

The best line Lil Wayne says in the song is:

"OK, let's talk about this ice that I'm carryin
All these carots like I'm a fukin' vegetarian"
DJBlisk 3:54 PM - 19 July, 2007
those lines are the worst!!! it sounds like a 10 year old writing a nursery rhyme.
tig ol' bitties 3:57 PM - 19 July, 2007
its funny though. Not saying they are good, I just said I like them.

come on Blisk, I know there are some girls out there youd like to sharpen your pencil with
DJBlisk 4:36 PM - 19 July, 2007
yeah. I would and some of the lines are entertaining but it sounds like if your listening to a 10 year old.
dj hoodat baller 4:47 PM - 19 July, 2007
Quote:
yeah. I would and some of the lines are entertaining but it sounds like if your listening to a 10 year old.

+1
He has always sounded to me like the little kid that uses bad words when there are no grown ups around. And that is from the time when he was a true litte kid doing it.
tig ol' bitties 5:01 PM - 19 July, 2007
I used to hate him, I can tolerate him now though.

His ryhmes are very elementary for sure, but I think his main thing is that he just adds an entertaining feel to his shit. Like anyother rapper saying his lines probably wouldnt do it for me at all, but he just has a certain flare that keeps me listening.

Dont get me wrong though, there are certainly some shit he does that I cant tolerate at all.
albuddah 5:05 PM - 19 July, 2007
a lotta people these days get hyped by punchline rappers. not many cats spitting stories like back in the day or really putting things down with a hot flow. but that dude crooked i be layin down the punchlines in some nice fashion.
marknonsense1 6:50 PM - 19 July, 2007
Quote:
Ummm.... we're hating on his music.

I hope the guy makes as much money as he can and has a healthy fucking fulfilling life.

I just hate his music.

People are so sensitive on this board, dudes can't seperate certain things.

Hating his music does not mean hating him.

WOW is all I can say to this....lol
marknonsense1 6:52 PM - 19 July, 2007
Quote:
a lotta people these days get hyped by punchline rappers. not many cats spitting stories like back in the day or really putting things down with a hot flow. but that dude crooked i be layin down the punchlines in some nice fashion.

It's not that I like punchline rappers but more that the hoez like it and thats all that matters! RIGHT? No one want to sit in the club thinking about what the rappers saying in his song...lol
shiestO! 7:39 PM - 19 July, 2007
Quote:
little who

this sums up the whole thread right here.
DJBlisk 7:42 PM - 19 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

It's not that I like punchline rappers but more that the hoez like it and thats all that matters! RIGHT? No one want to sit in the club thinking about what the rappers saying in his song...lol

You're right!!! if the hoes like him, I should like him for the hoes.
djbriguy 8:19 PM - 19 July, 2007
Most music is all about one liners now-days anyways... drives me NUTS

"2 step... 2 step.... go on and 2 step.... watch me 2 step.."

"lean wit it roc wit it lean wit it roc wit it lean wit it roc wit it"

"where da cash at whereda whereda cash at"

"king kong, king king ki-king kong"

"i got money in da bank, shorty what u drink *repeat 7 times*

theres many more but thankfully my brain cant remember tham at the moment.

Wheres the creativity!!!
DJ d.range 12:54 AM - 20 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
little who

this sums up the whole thread right here.
Jordan Laws 2:39 AM - 20 July, 2007
I dunno it just doesnt seem he puts much effort into what he's saying and he just rides the beat. of course Jay or Nas....would eat him alive. but if we are talking a southern rapper battle. I would say either 1 of the members of the clipse.
Travalosity 5:54 AM - 20 July, 2007
All i know, is someone is finally taking out 50 cent and i am happy no matter who it is,
sweetL 8:32 AM - 20 July, 2007
Quote:
I dunno it just doesnt seem he puts much effort into what he's saying and he just rides the beat. of course Jay or Nas....would eat him alive. but if we are talking a southern rapper battle. I would say either 1 of the members of the clipse.

southern rapper battle? winner: andre.
Nicky Blunt 1:12 PM - 20 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

southern rapper battle? winner: andre.

3000?
tig ol' bitties 1:13 PM - 20 July, 2007
I think it would be between Andre, Big Boi, and T.I.
DJ GaFFle 1:20 PM - 20 July, 2007
Quote:

Don't forget Luda...
tig ol' bitties 1:21 PM - 20 July, 2007
agreed. Be a little Final four showdown
Nicky Blunt 1:25 PM - 20 July, 2007
True that on Luda!

The Mouf Of The Souf
djbriguy 1:28 PM - 20 July, 2007
Haha.. Andre 3000 is gonna be mad at me... if anyone knows him, tell his financial advisor to get a copy of his business's tax return! hhehehehe
sweetL 1:55 PM - 20 July, 2007
Luda cant freestyle.....

so its between andre, big boi and ti.

personally, never heard ti spit anything but his usual flow, so for me, its gotta be between andre and big boi.

personally i only choose andre, because he makes me laugh.. but its not fair for me to say andre is a better rapper than big boi... when really, they are level peggings.
DJ GaFFle 3:07 PM - 20 July, 2007
Quote:
Luda cant freestyle.....

Where you get that from? I've heard him on the radio (when was an on-air personality) plenty of times freestyling. He has skills.
DJJOHNNYM 7:38 PM - 20 July, 2007
Don't sleep on Luda....that's all Imma say.
DJ GaFFle 3:22 PM - 21 July, 2007
Quote:
Any of you guys heard the track he did the Kanye called "Did it Before"? Dope as hell... I'd love for his next album to sound like that.

I played this last night early and heads were bobbin'. It was early and after people peeped it for a min. they started dancing to it. It's funky...
dj skraps 5:25 PM - 22 July, 2007
just thought i'd drop in and say lil wayne is wack...carry on!
djholla 6:31 PM - 22 July, 2007
Quote:
i have never cared to read anything in this thread......nor have i ever opened it untill right now.......i was surprised so many people have posted......after i read the titile i was like wtf? and laughed.....im not hatin on Holla tho hes the man of the hour acctually jus peep his work, i jus thought it was dumb....

Aiight enough of you have brought it to my attention now. Please peeps don't get this confused with the real me.
djholla 6:31 PM - 22 July, 2007
Oh, and Lil Wayne. Greatest ever. Duh.
dj hoodat baller 2:24 AM - 23 July, 2007
Lil who
dj hoodat baller 2:28 AM - 23 July, 2007
The hard rhymer Chuck D is the best rapper that ever lived hands down. To me Lil who is not on that level there are so many other rappers that are way in front of Lil Who.
DJ d.range 6:31 AM - 24 July, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Don't forget Luda...

what about scarface & ugk ???
dj hoodat baller 7:19 AM - 24 July, 2007
Ok you can even say Scarface, Andre,and Big Boi. TI is all right and Luda is ok but Lil who i just don't see it fill it or hear it. But Chuck D has my #1 vote hands down. The hard rhymer.