DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Headphones

llasher 2:53 AM - 1 May, 2007
This probably is not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be, but I stumbled on something that I'm surpised no one seems to have mentioned. I had been using the Bose Q2 Noise Cancelling Headphones for traveling, etc. I decided to try them out for a gig, since they come with a stereo jack adapter. I was pretty blown away with how well it blocked out everything except what I was mixing. I was actually able to turn my headphone volume down, which obviously isn't a bad perk for my ears. Granted, they are a bit pricey, but if you have a pair you should try it out. Hate to sound like an infomercial, but I don't think I'll be using anything else and they are by far the best headphones I've used...
DJ Big Sha 6:05 AM - 1 May, 2007
And if you call now Shipping is free that's right FREE!!!

Just kidding!

Thanks for the information.
djflexxx 6:38 AM - 1 May, 2007
do they pack away pretty nicely (fold/collapsable)
Nicky Blunt 12:19 PM - 1 May, 2007
have a link to them anywhere?
DjSummit 1:07 AM - 2 May, 2007
I've started using earphones.. i can say.. that it is not for everyone but once you're used to them it makes traveling with your headphones 100 times easier.... I have the Shure E4's and e5's.. the e5's are the best but i think the e 4's fit better... I've also used the bose triport earphones... they're great for the money .. but dont work as well as the shures'
DJFunk 6:00 PM - 2 May, 2007
I use the JVC HA-NC100 noise canceling head phones that also fold up and have a retracting 60-inch cord. They work pretty well under super loud places. I payed about 79 bucks, but i like'em. The part that sucks about them is that after an 4-7hr Gig, the battery wears out. Yea, it takes just one little AAA, but after a month worths of batteries, the price can add up in a yr. I guess the louder it is, plus the length of the gig can wear out the battery faster than i thought. After all they are made for plane rides with mid-low noise. I make them work HARD!

heres a link:
www.hometheatermag.com
llasher 5:02 AM - 7 May, 2007
They actually fold up nicely and come with a case. Here's the link:

www.bose.com
Dj RB 4:41 PM - 9 May, 2007
I rock with the Technics DJ-1200's. I can't hear a damn thing with those things on!
Evil_banana 12:10 PM - 10 May, 2007
Same thing for My Sennheiser HD25-13. Playing at a bar, I once accidently pushed the reverse-button on the fader, music stopped, but I was still freaking out prelistening on my headphones. Didn't notice the music stopped untill I saw everybody looking at me :oD. I was like "What's the problem, this song is rocking!?" ... until I took off the headphones.

They are very well Isolated.
swavek 1:14 PM - 12 May, 2007
If someone's into noise calcelling headphones, check this one out:

earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net

way cheaper than Bose, similar specs, fold real well - but I only use them for travelling, in the end. no matter what I tried (and I tried 'em all) - I always go back to my good ole DJ-1200's and the unique way in which they swivel (which to my astonishment Technics abandoned in their latest incarnation).
ss dj 4:58 AM - 16 May, 2007
does anybody suggest the PIONEER HDJ1000 i been looking at those for a while?
shiestO! 9:31 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:

i loved my pio's until the swivel socket thing broke on one side. they're good phones.
i now have the sennheiser HD25's-- sound awesome but the cord doesn't stretch! sounds like a small detail but it's huge! i'll bend over or turn around to get some vinyl and rip the cord out of the mixer and shit. plus they cost more than the pios.
DJ Niche 5:21 PM - 18 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

i loved my pio's until the swivel socket thing broke on one side. they're good phones.
i now have the sennheiser HD25's-- sound awesome but the cord doesn't stretch! sounds like a small detail but it's huge! i'll bend over or turn around to get some vinyl and rip the cord out of the mixer and shit. plus they cost more than the pios.

I like my pios 2 but I had 2 pairs die on me already. The hinges didnt break but one just stop working and the other the bass just stopped working. Got the HD 25s and I love them.

-Niche
DjSummit 10:35 PM - 18 May, 2007
You guys should get the Denon Headphones.. I just got em.. and They're da shit!!! I got a crazy ass deal from guitar center for like 120 with a 1 year replacement plan!! just in case they're like the pioneer's... I've had 2 of them break on me also.. ....
Dj Koppa Top 2:09 PM - 19 May, 2007
Sony MDR-V700DJ must i say more....been using them since my umbilical cord was cut and they work great.
paxx 7:30 AM - 20 May, 2007
Quote:
I've had to super glue 3 pairs back together there great headphones but if your thrashin em a lot be careful.I'm on my 4th pair in as many years and dont plan on changin anytime soon they are good
vio0633 4:34 AM - 22 May, 2007
Quote:
Sony MDR-V700DJ must i say more....been using them since my umbilical cord was cut and they work great.

Same here. They are the shit!
Evil_banana 12:09 PM - 22 May, 2007
the HD25 are solid as a Rane :o). I've been abusing mine for about 5 or 6 years and they still kick ass, great sound and everything is in good shape, nothing broken off or anything. Just had to replace the cord and the earpads (NOT the speakers) about a month ago since they were worn out. But the nice thing about Sennheiser is that you can replace all parts. Went to a shop where they had it in stock, bought a new cord and earpads. Cost me about 30 euros and 2 minutes to replace both (it's just plug n play) and I'm good for another 5 years.
Evil_banana 12:11 PM - 22 May, 2007
(Besides, they are the only headphones that stay on my head without moving, even while headbanging... my crowd likes heavy rockstuff from time to time :oP. It's like they are glued to the head)
djkris1 3:24 AM - 25 May, 2007
Quote:

i love 'em myself but the fuckers broke at the swivel
i just tape and re-tape as most everyone has and will
SUBSTANCE 9:25 PM - 25 May, 2007
Sennheiser HD-25 (preferably the german ones) As has been mentioned, 5 years of DJing hasn't wrecked them. I used to go through a couple of pairs a year (and a lot of solder) before I coughed up for a decent pair.
WarpNote 11:30 PM - 25 May, 2007
-Had the Sony MDR-V700DJ, great sound but the plastic hinge broke..

-then switched to Sony MDR 7506, not to bad sounding, virtually unbreakable, but got stolen :-( I think they are comparable to Audio Tehcnica ATH-PRO5 MS ?

-then went with Denon DN-HP1000, great sound powerful sound, but the plastic broke again (trying to get a replacement for them) Also, I think Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 SV are identical to these ?

-also been using the Technics RP-DJ1210 a lot, quite pleased with them too.

-now getting Sennheiser HD25, but I'm not to optimistic about that non-streching cord, anyone know if there are strech cord replacements available for the hd25's?
Alixx J 5:14 PM - 26 May, 2007
Just get a good quality coiled extension lead for your 25s, thats what i did and totally solves the problem. Not one complaint, apart from they could look a bit sexier, but the main thing is that they sound awesome and go forever.

My last pair were the new technics, they lasted me 4 months, the audio cord went loose inside the headband, cutting off the sound in one ear and as i got them off ebay, no warranty and to get a repair, they said i needed to replace the headband for 100 pounds, as the wire inside could not be replaced. No chance of that, so i bought sennheisers
dj disturbed 7:56 PM - 26 May, 2007
I use my Sony MDR-v700's alot.. but when im performing I use shure or m-audio in-ear monitors.
Nicky Blunt 2:01 PM - 29 May, 2007
hd25's are the shit! Im currently using the RP-DJ1210 but at the end of the month pay day will be going back o hd25s!

Unfadable baby! Had a pair of these b4 & had them stolen & had to get new ones for a gig so just bought the best available at the time but now imma get the hd25's again as I loved them dearly & was gutted to have them pinched.
SUBSTANCE 9:53 PM - 30 May, 2007
We use the HD-25's for television work because they are just that good as reference monitors.
You can get replacement cords easy, I'm sure Sennheiser do a long bungy cord that will fit. I personally really like the short 1.5m cable that comes with it. Especially now that I don't have to reach around the booth for 'real' records.
digital_steve 12:31 AM - 31 May, 2007
Another vote for HD25's.
Loud, sound great and completely modular.

Get em!
Dj.uno 10:48 PM - 31 May, 2007
I own the Denon Djs (no model being they only have one pair LOL)
And they sound alot better compared to my previous technics rph1200s They have a good grip on your head and are very confertable wehn wearing them for long periods of time
Notorious B 3:28 PM - 1 June, 2007
personally im a sennheiser HD 280 pro person after I managed to get a decent discount at a local shop :-)
DJ Big Joe 12:41 AM - 10 July, 2007
Quote:

i use them and mines are cracking at the joints like shiest's. i also have a friend that uses them, and he gigs way more than i do, and they are almost fallingapart, and he has had them for less than a year. they are really good headphones, and i like the feel. but if you are going to be giging a lot then i would look somewhere else. does anyone else know of a good sturdy pair of headphones?
cappinkirk 1:15 PM - 10 July, 2007
Denon HP 1000 is bad a$$
Alixx J 1:25 PM - 10 July, 2007
Allen & heath have just announced new headphones to be released, would like to see if they are any match for the top end competition
Dax 9:01 PM - 11 July, 2007
Quote:
Same thing for My Sennheiser HD25-13. Playing at a bar, I once accidently pushed the reverse-button on the fader, music stopped, but I was still freaking out prelistening on my headphones. Didn't notice the music stopped untill I saw everybody looking at me :oD. I was like "What's the problem, this song is rocking!?" ... until I took off the headphones.

They are very well Isolated.

lol, thats funny
normz 2:42 AM - 25 July, 2007
used and abused em all...
but my HD25s rock!

if sum1 told me to get the HD25 off the get go, cudv saved the loot instead of wasting it on the others! (sony, pioneer, technics)

just wish they could fold away like the sony's. no biggie.
Maskrider 11:03 AM - 16 September, 2007
Now I know what to get......................... HD-25 baby!!!!!!

Thanks alot to all the contributors.
DJ Eazy B 2:46 PM - 18 September, 2007
I had the Sony MDRV700 Headphones which i felt were a bit on the large side plus they kept slipping on my head so i switched over to the Pioneer HDJ-1000's which i find a lot more confortable.

Also Newmark do a wicked pair of headphones for £10... Bargain!
nasty nate 2:27 AM - 21 September, 2007
RE: Numarks for 10 GBP
and 2 weeks later when the headphones are blown, you wish you spent the extra $
Psyko Logical 2:13 AM - 23 September, 2007
Quote:

Discontinued, according to their website.
Are the HD25-SPs comparable?
Nicky Blunt 9:47 AM - 24 September, 2007
yeah they are the sp's are the higher spec issue i belive!
Psyko Logical 9:49 PM - 24 September, 2007
Sweet. Ugly, but who gives a shit right?
Nicky Blunt 6:52 PM - 25 September, 2007
yeah but they are really light comfortable & sound great
prizo 9:42 AM - 26 September, 2007
Quote:

yeh been using these for years, went thru 3 pairs already... great sound quality, but they def can bust up, swivel problem just like pioneers... My newest pair only works on one side and is about close to the end of its life.... Im thinkin im bout ready to change to the hd-25... sounds like they are the shit. Did some reseeatrch, which is recommended?

hd25-13 or hd25-1?

Also, how portable are these when compared to sony's? will they fit in the headphone compartment of gigskinz laptop bag?
Nicky Blunt 10:16 AM - 26 September, 2007
dude they are completely packable as they break down to single components!

Awesome & are totally replaceable due to this if the left earpeice breaks replace just that! Dodgy cord replace that!

All parts sold sep these headfones are the shit!

Go buy some!

Imma get my new pair on payday!

Had to buy technics as i needed some cans but they didnt have the 25's in stock!
prizo 4:15 PM - 26 September, 2007
thanks ive done some research and due to the overwhemlming response, i am completely sold, motherufnk the silver sonys,
dj-jv 5:31 PM - 26 September, 2007
I recomend it SE-DJ5000 Headphones the very tought check this website:

www.turntablelab.com
Padu! 12:16 AM - 27 September, 2007
I use a RP-DJ1200 both on gign and at my pc...

good sound!

cheers!
cappinkirk 2:12 PM - 27 September, 2007
you need to get some of these...with the blue felt

www.jackbergsales.com
IsaacJordan 9:16 AM - 1 October, 2007
Ive been using the Sennheiser HD25s for a while now. They sound great, Theyre super durable and whats really cool is that every part is replacable so you can order any part from the website (came pretty quick too) and theyre like brand new after that.
Maskrider 7:14 AM - 2 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Discontinued, according to their website.
Are the HD25-SPs comparable?

www.bhphotovideo.com

I just got it last week looks like that's the last one
frost-9 9:21 AM - 2 October, 2007
Most comfortable I've ever used are the MDR-V700's. If you gig a lot, you'll probably have to replace them about every two years...
They last longer for some people than others. I'd say I'm pretty middle of the road when it comes to putting wear and tear on them. Just bought my third pair last week. They sell for less than $100 in a lot of places. Paying $100 for headphones every 2 years is worth it in my book.
dj disturbed 10:50 AM - 2 October, 2007
yeah i love my MDR-V700..... but they arnt that comfy when worn for a long time... but i moved over to in-ear monitors when giging. I can wear one side in one ear all night long and forget its there.
DJDOOLLY 9:16 PM - 3 October, 2007
hd25's all the way!
dj disturbed 7:14 AM - 4 October, 2007
i found this site
www.head-fi.org
that give reviews of about every decent pro headphone out (and even some home brew ones)... they have LOTS of reviews on headphones
shiestO! 2:53 PM - 6 October, 2007
Quote:

hd25-13 or hd25-1?

they fit in the headphone compartment of gigskinz laptop bag?

they don't fold. the earcup swivels. maybe won't fit in a bag as well.

i looked up hd25-13s and hd25-1's i don't... i saw a picture of the 13's... look the same as my hd25's. they're like 200 USD or at least 100-150 GBP.

don't get the SP's... Nicky i think you're wrong on that one... those are cheaper i think..
dj disturbed 6:45 PM - 6 October, 2007
the sp's are a cheaper version. and you wont find the regular HD-25 listed on their website
TGK 2:18 PM - 7 October, 2007
It's one & only HD 25-1
The greatest Head cans Ever
Nicky Blunt 11:57 AM - 8 October, 2007
oops my bad on the miss-information! No not the hot 97 beeeeyotch!!!

But still the expensive ones (IM not even going there with model numbers sound great)
nathan? 11:47 PM - 8 October, 2007
Quote:

Cosign! Been using these daily since early 01' from my turntables to my walkman to the iPod.
dj disturbed 8:38 AM - 9 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Cosign! Been using these daily since early 01' from my turntables to my walkman to the iPod.

same here.. I love my 700's.. but i use in-ear monitors now in the clubs... they help cut down on the ambiant noise from the system hurting (physicly) my ears.. i dont want to be def when i reach my late 30's
Psyko Logical 9:59 AM - 9 October, 2007
Quote:
oops my bad on the miss-information!

Damn man, I just bought 5 pairs yesterday. These things are fucking junk!!
Nicky Blunt 10:05 AM - 9 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
oops my bad on the miss-information!

Damn man, I just bought 5 pairs yesterday. These things are fucking junk!!

Quote:
yeah they are the sp's are the higher spec issue i belive!

It says there I belive as in Im not sure but think so"

Sorry dude!
Psyko Logical 10:06 AM - 9 October, 2007
Just kidding man.
Nicky Blunt 10:08 AM - 9 October, 2007
Whew!!!!

I was feeling really guilty!
Nicky Blunt 10:08 AM - 9 October, 2007
Bastid!!!!!

LOL
Psyko Logical 7:21 PM - 9 October, 2007
Heh heh heh.
DJ Fuego 9:57 PM - 9 October, 2007
I cue wit Pioneer's HDJ-1000's. Can't use anything of lesser quality man...
DJ Fuego 10:00 PM - 9 October, 2007
DJ Fuego 10:04 PM - 9 October, 2007
rborist 9:58 PM - 10 October, 2007
Quote:

hd25-13 or hd25-1?

Also, how portable are these when compared to sony's? will they fit in the headphone compartment of gigskinz laptop bag?

HD25-13  600 Ohms linear, used in Hi-Fi systems.
HD25-1  70 Ohms good for recent digital equipment

HD25's very portable, gonna look nice around your neck
ImShifty 6:48 AM - 11 October, 2007
Ive used 3 kinds of headphones first was Sony MDR V500 it sounds great only thing I didnt like about it was it had no bass so I went to the 1000s those things rock but there way too fucking loud good way to go deaf, so I tried the HDJ-1000s its like a cross between sony's 500 and 1000 great frequency response even in the low end but it wont leave you deaf, I heard Xone released something very similiar to the HDJ 1000s loud but not ear piercing loud, Im not a turntablist btw, Im a mix DJ
dj disturbed 7:50 PM - 11 October, 2007
Quote:
o I went to the 1000s those things rock but there way too fucking loud good way to go deaf, so I tried the HDJ-1000s its like a cross between sony's 500 and 1000 great frequency response even in the low end but it wont leave you deaf, I heard Xone released something very similiar to the HDJ 1000s loud but not ear piercing loud, Im not a turntablist btw, Im a mix DJ

umm that why most mixing board (most as in all) have a VOLUME controll for the headphones... turning it down a little bit work wonders on how loud the headphones are. This is the first time I have EVER hear someone complain that a certain type of headphones were too loud
ImShifty 12:54 AM - 12 October, 2007
even when I turn em down, its still too loud
ImShifty 1:12 AM - 12 October, 2007
before I had my HDJs I would use the 1000s mix with my volume at 2, my ears would hurt so I turn down to 1 that wasnt too comfortable so I would switch to the 500s feel better then complain now that Ive got my HDJs no complaints at all
Dj Koppa Top 1:26 AM - 12 October, 2007
what is the patient doing with the stethoscope?
Chilote 11:13 PM - 14 October, 2007
Panasonic RP-HTX7-G Vintage and great
feniks 4:59 AM - 16 October, 2007
i've been rocking the Sony MDR900s solid for the past 6 years. having used the Sennheiser HD25s too i'd say that the noise cancellation is a bit better with the sennheisers but the sound quality on the 900s is a bit better. IMHO...both of these are tops.
djnonsense 9:16 PM - 15 November, 2007
how heavy are the mdr-900?
mister_wilson 9:31 AM - 19 February, 2008
Quote:
I rock with the Technics DJ-1200's. I can't hear a damn thing with those things on!

exactly! technic dj-1200's are club deejay headphones only...the loudness of them makes it nice when you play on stage and right under the main speakers rather than in a booth that has some isolation. i don't think there is a more durable and loud set of headphones on the market, but they are heavy as shit and you could never use them for monitoring. i mean i swear that the weight of the technics makes you drop them more becausue they fall off your head more or whatever.

so my question for everyone out there...what are the best deejay/monitoring headphones if you already have a pair that will work in a loud club???
WarpNote 5:30 PM - 19 February, 2008
Quote:
you need to get some of these...with the blue felt

www.jackbergsales.com

That was actually my first walkman, came with a 10 minute smample tap of "proffesional studio music"
dj disturbed 9:05 PM - 19 February, 2008
Quote:

so my question for everyone out there...what are the best deejay/monitoring headphones if you already have a pair that will work in a loud club???

my sony 700 work great in loud conditions, but my m-audio SE-10's in-ear monitors work the best b/c they block out more ambiant sound, meaning i dont have to run them a loud to hear them in louder enviroments, saving my hearing a little more (BTW i leave one side out to monitor the booth/stage monitor and/or club system). on my sony's i have to turn the vol on the headphones up quite high sometimes, but in the club i dont have to turn the headphone vol up very much at all when i use the in-ear monitors and can hear them even better then any other headphones i have used.
Nicky Blunt 10:52 AM - 21 February, 2008
yo disturbed were they expensive!!!
dj disturbed 2:54 PM - 21 February, 2008
my SE-10s were $99, now let me warn you, in-ear monitors sound like CRAP IF YOU DONT LEARN HOW TO FIT THEM INTO YOUR EAR CORRECTLY. The sound of them depends on the how well they male a seal in your ear, But once you learn to put them in right, then you can do it with no issue at all. I will recommend the Shure series over the m-audio but they are both good, and also the Ultimate Ears ones are great too (the m-audio ones use Ultimate Ears drivers in them, but are not as god as the Ultimate Ears brand ones themselves). the low end of both of them is $99 and go up to the high end of them being %600-$800 (or if you get custom fit ear pieces, the price can fo into the $1000's.... But the low end of them can also be used with custom done ear-pieces)
dj disturbed 2:55 PM - 21 February, 2008
make.... not male
dj disturbed 2:56 PM - 21 February, 2008
GD no edit button
GOOD AS... not god as

and $600 not %600
Nicky Blunt 2:58 PM - 21 February, 2008
thanks man!

Imma take a look!
DJ Chaos 3:30 PM - 23 February, 2008
cant go wrong with these! gotta love sony..lol

Sony MDR-V700
feniks 6:06 AM - 5 March, 2008
Quote:
how heavy are the mdr-900?

not too bad. i'd say on the headphone weight scale they are about a medium. but you can tell they are quality. i've had mine for 6 years now and they have held up to many club gigs as well as almost daily use at the house and still sound and look essentially like new. will be the last set of cans you buy...
feniks 6:10 AM - 5 March, 2008
Quote:
cant go wrong with these! gotta love sony..lol

Sony MDR-V700

i beg to differ on this as i've actually owned 3 pairs of the 700s in the time that i've owned my 900s. the sound on the 700s is not too bad (still suboptimal when compared to the 900). but the main problem IMO is that they break pretty easily. i've had the head band break as well as the ear pieces break off...from seemingly just normal wear and tear. the last pair i had was actually stolen from one of our gigs...and i really wasn't all that mad about it. if you are going to buy the 700s...knuckle up a few more bucks and just get the 900s...well worth the extra chedda.
Dj Koppa Top 11:26 AM - 5 March, 2008
the mdr v700 look so cool and like the standard for headphones. but they do break after some time. they are delicate. i got 5 years out of my pair didn't use much for 1 year.
360MIX 1:13 AM - 6 June, 2008
Sony MDR-V900 are my favorite.. Only thing I don't like is that you cant replace the Earpad (approx 5 years of continues use they get a bit flat) I have heard all the Sony and that is the best one for my style of mixing.

www.jr.com

I think these do not fold
www.jr.com
johnydo2 12:43 AM - 25 June, 2008
i use the sennheiser hd 215 and i love the swivel sde haasn't broken and they have been really well used.
SuperCityDjs 4:17 AM - 2 July, 2008
Monster Cable just brought some out Called Beats. Dr. Dre helped and they look very smooth. Havent heard them yet but i can't wait to. Heres the link.

www.monstercable.com
bonifide hustler 10:43 PM - 2 July, 2008
im loyal to the sony 700's i also have the technics headphones the RP-DH1200, theyre cool but not as rich in sound as the sony's they are loud as hell but lack bass response and richness as the sony 700's
Dax 4:00 PM - 4 July, 2008
Quote:
Monster Cable just brought some out Called Beats. Dr. Dre helped and they look very smooth. Havent heard them yet but i can't wait to. Heres the link.

www.monstercable.com

cant say i like the look of them,maybe they sound better than they look.
dj_spark 10:12 AM - 7 July, 2008
The weak part of the Pio & Denon seems to be the plastic part that often break. I won't put so much money for this result.
The HD25 seems to have a lot of vote here.
s3kn0tr0n1c 11:24 AM - 7 July, 2008
i like my akg k181 dj...

they rock and use totally replaceable parts.
WarpNote 1:16 PM - 15 July, 2008
Quote:
-Had the Sony MDR-V700DJ, great sound but the plastic hinge broke..

-then switched to Sony MDR 7506, not to bad sounding, virtually unbreakable, but got stolen :-( I think they are comparable to Audio Tehcnica ATH-PRO5 MS ?

-then went with Denon DN-HP1000, great sound powerful sound, but the plastic broke again (trying to get a replacement for them) Also, I think Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 SV are identical to these ?

-also been using the Technics RP-DJ1210 a lot, quite pleased with them too.

-now getting Sennheiser HD25, but I'm not to optimistic about that non-streching cord, anyone know if there are strech cord replacements available for the hd25's?

Had the Sennheiser HD25 now for a year, so far they've been very good to me, not going to get anything else anytime soon. Never got around to get the spiral cord though, haven't really been missing that cord as much as I thought I would...
THA DOCTA 12:37 AM - 20 July, 2008
anyone use these?

www.turntablelab.com

as they look pretty classy and have decent features for the price

ive already went through 3 sets of the mdr v700's

Thanks
Bryon
Billy18bm 1:11 AM - 20 July, 2008
techs rpdh1200 or something like that.... best noise canceling headphones..... decent sound quality but u cant hear nothing with them on...
kryptonitednb 3:41 PM - 20 July, 2008
I just picked up a pair of Ultrasone DJ1's yesterday after going through two pairs of Sony 700s and a pair of Pioneer 1000s:

www.guitarcenter.com

Anyone had any experience with these?
RANDYG 4:06 PM - 22 July, 2008
I love my DNHP1000's and when I'm feeling adventurous I use my M-Audio IE-10's. Those things block out everything. Cost 100 bucks retail (I paid 60 with my employee discount) and also work great with my ipod. Definitely reccomned both these 'phones.
dj_slackin 9:13 AM - 26 July, 2008
anyone using skullcandy sk pros?
daddy ruff jnr 2:04 PM - 26 July, 2008
sennheiser 25's from concorde( The plane that is got them on a flight years back) thats me - had them 10 yearz just new ear buds thats all had to do - would reccomend them highly
peace
dphousedj 6:32 PM - 28 July, 2008
anyone using Shure or Ultimate ears inner ear buds?
thinking of thinking of getting the UE3 or UE4, getting tired of bulky dj headphones that break at the joints (no matter how careful you are with them).
cappinkirk 10:36 PM - 29 July, 2008
does anybody have any dope wireless headphones?
nobspangle 9:07 AM - 9 August, 2008
Quote:
does anybody have any dope wireless headphones?

These are pretty good => www.sennheiser.co.uk
but I don't think I would want to use them for DJing
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:16 AM - 11 August, 2008
I'm starting to think that this thread belongs in DJ discussion.....

*Moved :)
a DJ 10:43 PM - 11 August, 2008
Quote:
I just picked up a pair of Ultrasone DJ1's yesterday after going through two pairs of Sony 700s and a pair of Pioneer 1000s:

www.guitarcenter.com

Anyone had any experience with these?

They're great I love em. I have em.