DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mark Ronson - Version

dj_soo 6:58 PM - 30 April, 2007
Man, say what you want about his DJing (i don't think he's that great a dj), but the man can produces some pretty ill tunes. Very organic, funky, feel to it - lots of wicked cover versions of some classic tracks.

listen to the whole album here: www.myspace.com

Just picked up the limited release LP the other day - definitely some great tracks on there. I've been bumping his cover of Radiohead's Just for a while now but the rest of it will probably be on heavy rotation on my playlist.
dirtbag filthy 7:10 PM - 30 April, 2007
yeah ive been diggin on the stuff ive heard

might be a good full album worth of songs

stop me
toxic
amy winehouse song

good shit
dj_soo 7:14 PM - 30 April, 2007
Yea, the toxic cover is what ultimately got me to drop the cash on the vinyl rather than wait for the cd
dirtbag filthy 7:23 PM - 30 April, 2007
oh yeah he is takin wale on tour with him

feelin wale right now

no homo
De LA 8:52 PM - 30 April, 2007
Ronson is fantastic. I think hes fun as a dj and even more exciting as a producer. But with who is dad is....he should be.
Nicky Blunt 9:45 AM - 2 May, 2007
All about Valerie - with amy winehouse thats that shit right thurr
djknyce 2:24 PM - 2 May, 2007
WALE!!! he just did a track with my cousin out in VA .....hes definitely an undervalued stock for what he charged. Ill post the track when it gets mixed down on friday, if thats not against forum rules.
Nicky Blunt 2:36 PM - 2 May, 2007
even if it is please PM me that track im a massive mark ronson fan!
djknyce 2:42 PM - 2 May, 2007
oh nah, the track isnt with ronson its with Wale hes a rapper out of D.C. I believe.
Nicky Blunt 2:44 PM - 2 May, 2007
seen!

Ill still check it out!

Allways good to see/ hear new talent!

but thanks for the heads up
Bigfourty4 3:38 PM - 2 May, 2007
Stop me (kissy Sell out) is da shit
Nicky Blunt 3:44 PM - 2 May, 2007
My fave song from that album is valerie!

I love amy winehouse (not the best looking gal but damn what a voice) And when im dj'in im noot lookin at he pictures so i dont really care what she look like
djknyce 5:00 PM - 2 May, 2007
Yeah thats a good thing.....cause she looks like a trannny vampire!
Nicky Blunt 5:12 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Yeah thats a good thing.....cause she looks like a trannny vampire!

you know this!

She's actually kinda scary!
DJBlisk 8:51 PM - 2 May, 2007
I didn't even know the album came out yet.
Bigfourty4 8:56 PM - 2 May, 2007
do U listen to EVR?
De LA 8:59 PM - 2 May, 2007
i used to love EVR....but now it so shotty...sometimes i get 3min casts sometimes 34min casts some times 10 min casts.
Bigfourty4 9:22 PM - 2 May, 2007
u serious...i just set the link in my itunes podcasts..and i get 2 hours sets all the time...fader crew, and ronson.
De LA 9:31 PM - 2 May, 2007
yeah...i get it through itunes as well...maybe ill try to update the link and see if that happens cause i miss that cast.
dj_soo 9:32 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
I didn't even know the album came out yet.

As far as I know, it's only out on Vinyl right now - limited release of only 1000 copies.

Not sure when the CD will come out or even if all the songs will be on it.

It's hot shit tho...
De LA 9:34 PM - 2 May, 2007
the album is out. its just out in the UK now only...US was supposed to be april 9th. I think best buy has it...but itunes once again doesnt have it.
Nicky Blunt 8:39 AM - 3 May, 2007
if you wanna listen thru check his myspace page the whole album is posted up on there.

Im listening to it now!